• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[1up rumor] Square providing a new PS3 exclusive?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Okay, that's not exactly the rumor. >.> But:

On the Xbox 360 front, Square Enix may be throwing the platform another bone with an exclusive installment in the Front Mission franchise. Simultaneously, however, the company's also looks to be locking in one of their premiere IPs exclusively on PlayStation 3.
Source

The post in which I found this rumor quoted had an "Oh joy" after PlayStation 3, but that didn't seem to be there when I looked. XD

The rumor is also in EGM, apparently, but I don't have the magazine, so I'll have to rely on a quoting of it from NeoGAF:

Oh one more addition to the rumors- PS3 will be getting an unannounced Square sequel exclusively.

Certainly sounds like it could be a KH game to me. ^^ (Are there any other Square Enix franchises that would both be considered "premiere" and not insanely unlikely to be "locked down?")

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
Re: [1up rumor] KHIII a PS3 exclusive?

I am so sick of hearing about KH3, I could care less what platform it's on and when it's coming out. When BBS gets a release date let me know. KH3 is YEARS away from being released.

Sacred X

Freshmeat

With that said, pretty much anything not handheld and not on the PS2. PS3 is very likely, even though I despise the idea.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KH3 won't be announced for another year at the earliest unfortuntly.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Eh, while that will likely end up being the case, I'm not honestly very inclined to trust 1UP, not at all. Because of this:

Proofoffail.jpg

Last edited:

Merlin326

i am also not inclinded to trust the sources of this info. especially EGM. i havent forgiven them yet for the Mushroom Kingdom Hearts gag.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

i am also not inclinded to trust the sources of this info. especially EGM. i havent forgiven them yet for the Mushroom Kingdom Hearts gag

Errr...you do know that MKH was an April Fool's Joke, right? It wouldn't be difficult to figure out that it was fake.

Though...if memory serves, they DID go around spreading KH2FM rumors, so...yeah.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member

It appears that the lesser of all evils for confirmation seems to be Nomura.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

It appears that the lesser of all evils for confirmation seems to be Nomura.
Heh..

Ikkin said:
Certainly sounds like it could be a KH game to me. ^^(Are there any other Square Enix franchises that would both be considered "premiere" and not insanely unlikely to be "locked down?")
That could be anything from another FF title to Valkyrie Profile really. What?@last part.

Charlie K

Back in Business

So..KH3 for PS3 only or what?I just read the title.Lol.

MasterXeanort

Eh, while that will likely end up being the case, I'm not honestly very inclined to trust 1UP, not at all.

Even so it is still fun to think about. Besides IF Kh3 came out soon it just seems like it would be on the PS3. Any other titles exclusivley on the PS3 may be a Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, or Final Fantasy title. All of those title have been on Sony's systems before and I do not think they will be switching. Besides it does not matter. When any of these games come out, if they are not exclusive they will still most likely be on the PS3.

DanceMacabre

KH3 will definately be ps3 exclusive, but I don't think that a this "New SE Title" being released exclusively to the ps3 is KH3 at all, but FFXIII.

13zak1

I really hope it comes out for Playstation 3 because
1. I have one.
2. All PS3 games( from now on) must have online.
3. I have one.
4. I like applesauce.
5.It has to have awsome graphics.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com

I really hope it comes out for Playstation 3 because
1. I have one.
2. All PS3 games( from now on) must have online.
3. I have one.
4. I like applesauce.
5.It has to have awsome graphics.

The Wii is perfectly capable of handling that kind of graphics too. Hence why I want it to come out for the Wii. Why?

1. I have one.
2. The Wii games i've played are all flippin sweet.
3. The controls for the Wii keep (can't say people but) me at least entertained for hours.
4. The unique gameplay of a Kh game on the Wii would be absolutely astounding in my eyes.
5. Applesauce is gross. ;D

[OFF TOPIC]: This probably retarded as hell, but I wanted to point it out...I was signing on to myspace when I noticed one of the little ads they had. It read as follows.

MX vs ATV: Untamed

This of course refers to Motocross and All-Terrain-Vehicles but look closely. What else could it be? XP I dunno...I found it postworthy. Apologies. XP

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

Even so it is still fun to think about. Besides IF Kh3 came out soon it just seems like it would be on the PS3. Any other titles exclusivley on the PS3 may be a Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, or Final Fantasy title. All of those title have been on Sony's systems before and I do not think they will be switching. Besides it does not matter. When any of these games come out, if they are not exclusive they will still most likely be on the PS3.
DQ is heading to the Wii and DS, the f_cking bastards!! All I wanted was Joker and FFXII reverent wings Dx Star Ocean last I heard was undecided and FFXIII and versus will be on the PS3.

But umm S-E has switched before and can do it again and probably will but to me it seems that they are sticking to Wada's "polymorphic content' crap so main titles might stick with the same company or change or just change for a spin-off etc.

zeeshan said:
i hope its on ps3, it the 1st reason i bought it!
Wow...

MasterXeanort

The Wii is perfectly capable of handling that kind of graphics too. Hence why I want it to come out for the Wii.

A-are you freaking kidding me!? The Wii is definatley not capable of having the same graphics as the PS3. Not even the 360 can match it in that department.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Personally I would be horrified if it came out on anything BUT PS3 even though there is absolutley no way I can afford it right now but maybe in like a few years when Im working and it comes out I think it would be ok.
I have only seen a demo disc of the grafics of PS3 here but what I saw I was stunned... Kingdom Hearts would be awesome if that were the case...
I am also a playstation girl born and bred it's like wether you're a coke or pepsi person, once you're hooked on one there's no changing that!

houzukimaru

Personally I would be horrified if it came out on anything BUT PS3 even though there is absolutley no way I can afford it right now but maybe in like a few years when Im working and it comes out I think it would be ok.
I have only seen a demo disc of the grafics of PS3 here but what I saw I was stunned... Kingdom Hearts would be awesome if that were the case...
I am also a playstation girl born and bred it's like wether you're a coke or pepsi person, once you're hooked on one there's no changing that!

I agree pretty much. I hope it is for PS3, since that's my goal item for next year ;3 here's to a year of crazy saving~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back