• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[1up rumor] Square providing a new PS3 exclusive?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: [1up rumor] KHIII a PS3 exclusive?

A-are you freaking kidding me!? The Wii is definatley not capable of having the same graphics as the PS3. Not even the 360 can match it in that department.

This is true. The Wii can't handle the same kind of stuff the PS3 can. It is, however, capable of MUCH better GFX than a lot people give it credit for. It's TWICE as powerful as the GCN, which was already more powerful than the PS2. And the PS2 was capable of this:

shadow4.jpg

And the Wii can do MUCH better. And anyway, like I said, graphics are not everything. It's disappointing to see it's the only thing people seem to care about.

Last edited:

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com

This is true. The Wii can't handle the same kind of stuff the PS3 can. It is, however, capable of MUCH better GFX than people give it credit for. It's TWICE as powerful as the GCN, which was already more powerful than the PS2. And the PS2 was capable of this:

shadow4.jpg

And the Wii can do MUCH better. And anyway, like I said, graphics are not everything. It's disappointing to see it's the only thing people seem to care about.

Exactly. I didn't mean to make it sound like the Wii was equal in capability, just that it can handle more than people think. And like Hades said right there, graphics are not everything. Would you rather have kick a$$ graphics and terrible gameplay? I sure wouldn't. Twilight Princess was like that. The graphics were absolutely astounding, but it wasn't that fun to play over again. At least in my eyes.

dragonmaster

Let's stick the here and now shall we. KH3 is years away and BBS and 358/2 Days hasn't even been released yet. Let's just see how good these two projects turn out before even thinking about KH3.

Cloudemyx

Well...as long as they don't release Kingdom Hearts 3 to Crapbox 360 I'm happy...

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

pre·miere
verb
definition: first; initial; new

"premiere" means that it's a new series. Kingdom Hearts is not a new series, they are clearly not talking about it

Not even the 360 can match it in that department.

uhh, the 360 has superior graphical capabilities compared to the PS3

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I'm still waiting to see a game for Wii that gives the same "how the heck did they manage that on that system?!" feel that the Shadow of the Colossus screen gives. I'd buy it just for the principle of the thing (at least, as long as it wasn't awful).

I'd be perfectly happy with something that looked like FFXII with more AA (...yeah, that's on an emulator, not on a PS2), though. ...Sony needs to do that for PS3, actually. >>;

pre·miere
verb
definition: first; initial; new

"premiere" means that it's a new series. Kingdom Hearts is not a new series, they are clearly not talking about it

No, not in this context. ;) The other version of the rumor referred to it as a sequel, which means it's not new. And "premiere" can also mean "most important." As in, "Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts are Square Enix's three premiere franchises."

uhh, the 360 has superior graphical capabilities compared to the PS3

Not really. It just looks that way because 360 -> PS3 ports are harder to do than PS3 -> 360 ports because devs are more used to multicore computers than PPU + 6 SPUs, and PS3's GPU is weaker so it needs the CPU's help (though they're more powerful together), and that's probably not done as often as it should be. And since most multiplatforms go 360 -> PS3, the PS3 ports tend to suffer.

On the other hand, I don't think I've seen anything that really compares to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (which is kind of more like a paid demo than a full game) or Uncharted. Or, more relevantly, Final Fantasy XIII. ;)

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

No, I mean the 360's GPU archetecture is literally more powerful than what the PS3 is capable of

The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. The same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive.

I’m not sure where that argument came from that the Playstation 3 simply “has better graphics”; Sony must have done a good job of marketing the system the sheep who will listen to "it's the most powerful thing ever....seriously...it totally is...just, you know, don't try and check that for yourself...take our word for it". However, the argument is entirely false. The Xenos GPU on the XBOX 360 is superior the RSX on the PS3.

Xenos simply has more power - higher fillrate, higher pixel processing power, higher vertex processing power, and better memory architecture. If you look at multiplatform games and contrast the graphics on the two consoles, XBOX 360 almost always leads. Whether they use a higher resolution or higher quality antialiasing, games often look better and/or play smoother on the 360.

Coupled with the fact that the 360 is inherently easier to develop for, the end result is Devs getting more bang for their buck, and a much easier time getting what they want to work. ergo, the 360 has better graphical capabilities than the PS3, the PS3 has to result to shortcuts and choppy techniques in order to make up for what it lacks in that department, whereas the 360 can do it naturally.

The article refers to it "locked in", which to me suggests that it was an IP we already knew about, but it's exclusivity was disputed. Sounds like either Star Ocean 4 or FFXIII/vXIII to me, as there was rampant speculation based on the White Engine multiplatform debacle

Last edited:

MasterXeanort

Exactly. I didn't mean to make it sound like the Wii was equal in capability, just that it can handle more than people think. And like Hades said right there, graphics are not everything. Would you rather have kick a$$ graphics and terrible gameplay? I sure wouldn't. Twilight Princess was like that. The graphics were absolutely astounding, but it wasn't that fun to play over again. At least in my eyes.

I did not mean to imply that graphics are all that important. I am just trying to make a point. I agree with you, the Wii has a very understated graphic cabability. I just wish they came out with some better games. I will have to disagree with you on twilight princess's part. I personally thought it was a great game.

No, I mean the 360's GPU archetecture is literally more powerful than what the PS3 is capable of

The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. The same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive.

I’m not sure where that argument came from that the Playstation 3 simply “has better graphics”; Sony must have done a good job of marketing the system the sheep who will listen to "it's the most powerful thing ever....seriously...it totally is...just, you know, don't try and check that for yourself...take our word for it". However, the argument is entirely false. The Xenos GPU on the XBOX 360 is superior the RSX on the PS3.

Xenos simply has more power - higher fillrate, higher pixel processing power, higher vertex processing power, and better memory architecture. If you look at multiplatform games and contrast the graphics on the two consoles, XBOX 360 almost always leads. Whether they use a higher resolution or higher quality antialiasing, games often look better and/or play smoother on the 360.

Coupled with the fact that the 360 is inherently easier to develop for, the end result is Devs getting more bang for their buck, and a much easier time getting what they want to work. ergo, the 360 has better graphical capabilities than the PS3, the PS3 has to result to shortcuts and choppy techniques in order to make up for what it lacks in that department, whereas the 360 can do it naturally.

The article refers to it "locked in", which to me suggests that it was an IP we already knew about, but it's exclusivity was disputed. Sounds like either Star Ocean 4 or FFXIII/vXIII to me, as there was rampant speculation based on the White Engine multiplatform debacle

You really have done your reaserch. Regardless the 360 is capable of 1080i while the PS3 can render at 1080p. But everyone's console preference is their own choice. It seems we are getting a little off topic here. KH3 is a long way off. The only thing to do is wait. Some people are just so impatient. No offence to anyone here.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com

I did not mean to imply that graphics are all that important. I am just trying to make a point. I agree with you, the Wii has a very understated graphic cabability. I just wish they came out with some better games. I will have to disagree with you on twilight princess's part. I personally thought it was a great game.

I think its a good game, but personally, it wasn't that fun to play over again. Thats just my opinion. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back