• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

▄ The Roxas/Xion Hate Club ▄

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I know how you feel ;A; I love Arthur so much too. It's so hard to pick... but I think Eames wins by like a millimetre cause unf Tom Hardy

tomwink.gif

I like JGL more, but I agree with that statement bb. AND I NEED SOMEONE TO SEE INCEPTION AGAIN WITH ME GOSH. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since I saw it.

Also, to be on topic with the HC, I still don't understand how people can be a fan of the Roxas/Xion pairing when they're the same exact person.

Last edited:

NumberVIII

tomwink.gif

I like JGL more, but I agree with that statement bb. AND I NEED SOMEONE TO SEE INCEPTION AGAIN WITH ME GOSH. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since I saw it.

Also, to be on topic with the HC, I still don't understand how people can be a fan of the Roxas/Xion pairing when they're the same exact person.

Omg I saw Inception for the THIRD time tonight. I swear it gets better every time I see it. I love it so much gahhh<3333

*ontopic* Yeah exactly, I don't get it. If you say "ohhey Sora/Roxas?" everyone goes "EWWWW NO THATS GROSS THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON". but if you say "Roxas/Xion" then it's like "OH MY GOD THEY'RE SO KAWAIII" and I'm just like...*facepalm*

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Omg I saw Inception for the THIRD time tonight. I swear it gets better every time I see it. I love it so much gahhh<3333

*ontopic* Yeah exactly, I don't get it. If you say "ohhey Sora/Roxas?" everyone goes "EWWWW NO THATS GROSS THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON". but if you say "Roxas/Xion" then it's like "OH MY GOD THEY'RE SO KAWAIII" and I'm just like...*facepalm*

tumblr_l6k4ibwDzv1qcjc7lo1_500.jpg

FUUUUUU- I can't even get someone to go see it with me twice, let alone three times. Although, I would totally see it five times if I could :C
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And yes, I don't think i'll ever get how people can like any kind of selfcest. How on earth is Xion/Sora more acceptable than Roxas/Sora when they're the same thing? Is it because Xion looks like a girl? idgi.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Something tells me we need to make an Inception FC xD.

I want to join too pleas. I dont know way but deep in my self I Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeee..... Xion sooooooooooooooo mmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuccccccchhhhh! Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad she dead And I wish I can kill her! And a lil hate fore Roxas!

You should join the Xion Hate Club then. Well...the Xion Critics and Lulz Club. Despite the name, it's what it is: hate. You can express it all the more freely there ;P.

WELCOME!

Anti_RokuShi_Icon_by_guardianpinkneko.gif

He didn't, really. All Roxas knew in life was what we saw in the game.

Though the clinging-to-X thing is the excuse I use to justify Axel's behavior as well -- Roxas made Axel feel things for the first time in years, while Xion snapped Roxas out of his zombie state. Of course the both of them would want to- *shot by passing hitman*

I don't know how Axel saying Roxas made him feel like he had a Heart, and therefore, clinging to him more, would equal to someone snapping anyone out of zombie state. Especially since that someone didn't really make any outward action to befriend them until a Keyblade popped out. And it was honestly Axel who was always there from the beginning. While Roxas started to remember things on Day Seven, he obviously recalls some moments with Axel. Or is at least aware that he had been looked over by him from the get-go.

I blame it on the connection, but not even Naminé (being a more proper Kairi) let alone Sora himself got such a reaction out of him like that at all.

*shot, dying, and choosing to see Roxas's behavior as (very, very overprotective) Older Brother Instinct*

Or maybe his brain short-circuited, lol.

*now back to haunt this club as a ghost*

Hopefully. Maybe the angst has forced some maturity into his head by now. :p

He acted fine enough in KH2.

Yeah he definitely was, but ESPECIALLY during the hotel dream. Ohmygosh<3 And yes I love that scene, and they did it so well. Now I wanna go see this movie again, gahhhhh

blahhhhh I hate quoting posts with spoilers in them cause then I have to like really quickly erase them before I read them. BBS NEEDS TO COME OUT NOWWWWWWWWW

*restrains inner fangirl and breaths deeply* Yes, he was..very delicious. *twitch*. And that's, yeah, we shall move on.

And it really isn't a BBS spoiler. The long one is, kind of. Not the little, teeny one.

NumberVIII

tumblr_l6k4ibwDzv1qcjc7lo1_500.jpg

FUUUUUU- I can't even get someone to go see it with me twice, let alone three times. Although, I would totally see it five times if I could :C
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Heheheh where do you get all these? xD

And huh. I don't remember specificially hearing it fall, but it was definitely wobbling and I do remember hearing some sort of noise. I definitely think it fell over though. I'm almost positive.

GAH TWILIGHT SORRY WE'RE GONNA STOP NOW

omg lol Inception FC, please get on that<3

And yes, I don't think i'll ever get how people can like any kind of selfcest. How on earth is Xion/Sora more acceptable than Roxas/Sora when they're the same thing? Is it because Xion looks like a girl? idgi.

Exactly. It's so dumb. x_x

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

You'll have a place to fangirl. You should read TV Tropes, lol.

Well, I wasn't saying me, exactly, but just to bring the idea out, since there's so much love <3. I'll do it, but I still have the RAN FC to start.

I'm telling you, it's the heterosexual view and stand point. I doubt the Roxas and Xion relationship will get such if Xion looked to Roxas like a guy all the time.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Heheheh where do you get all these? xD

And huh. I don't remember specificially hearing it fall, but it was definitely wobbling and I do remember hearing some sort of noise. I definitely think it fell over though. I'm almost positive.

14spqxi.jpg

lol if you go to ONTD on Livejournal and go to any Inception or JGL post, you'll find a ton of macros and gifs. I bet you can find alot on tumblr but I haven't looked there.

lol I bet that Chris Nolan probably did something like make versions with the top falling noise and some without. Just to mess with us ;_;

AND I'M SORRY *TN*, MY LOVE FOR THIS MOVIE IS JUST TOO STRONG, I'LL TOTALLY STOP NOW ;_;

P.S,
I could start an Inception FC if you would like me to. Js.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
AND I'M SORRY *TN*, MY LOVE FOR THIS MOVIE IS JUST TOO STRONG, I'LL TOTALLY STOP NOW ;_;

P.S,

Tis' okay ^-^. I love the movie too.

You could, if you want. By the time I get to it, there would be a lot of pent up tension in light of the wait xD. Just make sure I'm on the list ;P.

silentmusic16

did i not join this yet? sign me up, please!!!

oh, and i was just thinking, and you can kind of peg the destruction of deep dive on both rokuxion and rikuxion. xion "loved" roxas and wanted riku to stop roxas from basically being his own person. and then because xion "trusted" riku, she told him to take roxas out. even though diz told riku the same thing.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Man, I just though he was sexy throughout the whole thing. My eyes were immediately trained on him since the beginning. Leaving the IMAX theater when it was over had me commenting to my best friend about how truly sexy he was whenever I saw the poster.

omg there was no posters in my cinema ;A;

But we never got any inner thoughts that he clung to it because he feels something in his, or not, Heart. Like they did with Axel. It was just: Xion's missing, what is she doing, what is she doing, what is she doing, what is she doing, what is she doing, what is she doing, what is she doing. Rinse and repeat something else. Heck, I think my face resembled Axel's in the Sun Sets Red scene when Roxas wonders where Xion is, except I don't know if it was for the same reason as mine. It just seemed out of place. I didn't even care because I was "yay, AkuRoku friendship time =D".

Nah, his reason for that face was because he had just lost Xion to Riku in CO and he was lying to Roxas about her. BUT

You are so right. They didn't explain anything, didn't say it was related to Kairi or his heart, it's all so vague and subjective.

AND I WONDER WHY

ISN'T IT EVEN BETTER THE SECOND TIME?!?

YES I think I got so much more of the movie the second time, I understood the flashbacks better.

*shot, dying, and choosing to see Roxas's behavior as (very, very overprotective) Older Brother Instinct*

But, miss ghost, even older brothers have to have lives of their own. They should have their own separate friendships and beliefs and hobbies and activities that DON'T involve their sister, no matter how much you love her.

When in a story, one character obsesses over another to the point that they never talk about anything else..... it's either they're trying to show us a really unhealthy relationship, or they're trying to show us a really beautiful one that is written terribly.

*SCREAMS*

Well, I hate Roxas/Xion cause of the shifting-face-clone thing and the obsession-to-point-of-idiocy thing. I don't really mind KH selfcest (mmm Kairi/Namine)

ALSO

;A; inception

NO WE CAN'T I'M NOT DONE

II doubt the Roxas and Xion relationship will get such if Xion looked to Roxas like a guy all the time.

I beg to differ! Slash fangirl brains will find evidence in any male-male relationship which they can base a romance/sexual tension/whatever off. I am one, I should know 8D

In a relationship with Roxas being as obsessive as he is with Xion, Roxas/Xion would be the next fanbrat-level Axel/Roxas. There are so so so so so many idiot fangirls whose idea of Axel/Roxas is: 'Axel is an obsessed pervert stalker who molests cute Roxy-chan all the time X3' I mean, it's my OTP and I can find a hundred better reasons to love it, but there are seriously people who love the ship based on that alone :/

So I can see obsessive Roxas--->male Xion being terribly popular with slash fangirls.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

lol if you go to ONTD on Livejournal and go to any Inception or JGL post, you'll find a ton of macros and gifs. I bet you can find alot on tumblr but I haven't looked there.

omg omg omg i have to do this

NeoEevee

simple&cleanxiii;5198817And yes said:
I have that same thing. o3o SoRoxas or VenVan... mmm... I have no issue with. Yet I do not like RokuShi.

...and it's not even Xion herself that's the problem. *has a soft spot for VaniShi* >.>;;

I don't know how Axel saying Roxas made him feel like he had a Heart, and therefore, clinging to him more, would equal to someone snapping anyone out of zombie state. Especially since that someone didn't really make any outward action to befriend them until a Keyblade popped out. And it was honestly Axel who was always there from the beginning. While Roxas started to remember things on Day Seven, he obviously recalls some moments with Axel. Or is at least aware that he had been looked over by him from the get-go.

I blame it on the connection, but not even Naminé (being a more proper Kairi) let alone Sora himself got such a reaction out of him like that at all.
*sigh*

I just fail at debate. I should stop trying.

Or maybe his brain short-circuited, lol.
Maybe memory manipulation does that?

He acted fine enough in KH2.
*tilts head*

Hm, do you mean before or after he got his Days memories back?

Nah, his reason for that face was because he had just lost Xion to Riku in CO and he was lying to Roxas about her. BUT
WAIT WHAT WHOA. I think I need to play Days again...

You are so right. They didn't explain anything, didn't say it was related to Kairi or his heart, it's all so vague and subjective.

AND I WONDER WHY
..because Nomura's trolling us? :D;;

But, miss ghost, even older brothers have to have lives of their own. They should have their own separate friendships and beliefs and hobbies and activities that DON'T involve their sister, no matter how much you love her.
Normal older brothers do. Roxas isn't exactly normal.

When in a story, one character obsesses over another to the point that they never talk about anything else..... it's either they're trying to show us a really unhealthy relationship, or they're trying to show us a really beautiful one that is written terribly.
*pulls out her fanfic notes notebook and starts scribbling* You have given me an idea...

Well, I hate Roxas/Xion cause of the shifting-face-clone thing and the obsession-to-point-of-idiocy thing. I don't really mind KH selfcest (mmm Kairi/Namine)
...I have no idea why I don't like it. Probably because I'm a not-quite rabid Rion and RokuNami... Or maybe it's because I only ever saw them as friends because I'm totally blind to obsessiveness in the KH games.

I beg to differ! Slash fangirl brains will find evidence in any male-male relationship which they can base a romance/sexual tension/whatever off. I am one, I should know 8D
Fangirls of any pairing will desperately search for evidence in favor of their OTP. I would know, because, well...

In a relationship with Roxas being as obsessive as he is with Xion, Roxas/Xion would be the next fanbrat-level Axel/Roxas. There are so so so so so many idiot fangirls whose idea of Axel/Roxas is: 'Axel is an obsessed pervert stalker who molests cute Roxy-chan all the time X3' I mean, it's my OTP and I can find a hundred better reasons to love it, but there are seriously people who love the ship based on that alone :/

So I can see obsessive Roxas--->male Xion being terribly popular with slash fangirls.
*continues to scribble ideas in her fanfic notepad*

Reminds me, for some reason, of a mini-arc I have planned where RAX and Demyx wind up in a Pokemon world... Roxas is the trainer and the other three are his Pokemanz. And Xion is a Ditto. o3o

NumberVIII

You'll have a place to fangirl. You should read TV Tropes, lol.

Well, I wasn't saying me, exactly, but just to bring the idea out, since there's so much love <3. I'll do it, but I still have the RAN FC to start.

Omg I love TV Tropes, and yes I read the page for Inception. It's so great<3

I'm telling you, it's the heterosexual view and stand point. I doubt the Roxas and Xion relationship will get such if Xion looked to Roxas like a guy all the time.

Probably true, honestly. At least, for most of the fans. Some of them might love it even more if Xion was a guy the whole time, like gold said. But then again...

14spqxi.jpg

lol I bet that Chris Nolan probably did something like make versions with the top falling noise and some without. Just to mess with us ;_;

P.S,

<3333333333333
OMG DO IT

Me neither :c But there was one for HARRY POTTER OMGOMGOMGOMG. AND THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA. AND TRON (which my sister and I are really excited about for the sole reason that it's in kh2 x_x).

...heh sorry *stops fangirling*

YES I think I got so much more of the movie the second time, I understood the flashbacks better.

Not only do you understand the movie better, but now you don't have to sit there and try to figure it out the whole time, you can just sit back and enjoy it. Btw, the third time I watched it I had my slash goggles on set to high, and I saw SO much more Arthur and Eames than I did the first time. Omg. Like when they're in the hotel dream and Arthur is putting everyone to sleep, and he and Eames exchange a few lines and Arthur says "Go to sleep, Mr. Eames." and it's so cute :3

Oh yeah definitely, the obsession is the worst part IMO. But it's like, why do most people love Roxas/Xion but hate Roxas/Sora?

NO WE CAN'T I'M NOT DONE

ME NEITHER >>; simple&clean YOU NEED TO MAKE THAT FC LIKE NOW x_x

If it weren't for the selfcest then it probably would be, but you don't see Roxas/Sora being terribly popular with slash fangirls, do you? At least, I don't, not very often.

And oh my god I hate that AkuRoku thing where pedobear!Axel is obsessed with poor cute innocent Roxas and molests him all the time. Like, please god, no. Stop. x____x

And yet, like you said, some people tend to have a thing for obsessive behavior. God knows why...that's definitely not a healthy relationship o.0

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
did i not join this yet?

I asked myself the same question xD.

sign me up, please!!!

WELCOME!

Anti_RokuShi_Icon_by_guardianpinkneko.gif

oh, and i was just thinking, and you can kind of peg the destruction of deep dive on both rokuxion and rikuxion. xion "loved" roxas and wanted riku to stop roxas from basically being his own person. and then because xion "trusted" riku, she told him to take roxas out. even though diz told riku the same thing.

Stop the bad memories ;~;.

There was in mine. It was more of quadrilateral shaped board, there was a different character in each side. I happen to pass by Arthur's. I kept murmuring how sexy he was, lol.

AND I WONDER WHY

Yeah, I guess it would be farfetched to think that he would want to bitchslap Roxas for ruining the whole scene with the typical Xion brain-mode.

...and why? o.o

Then give me more reasons that could be OPed other than the physical troubling ones ;P. Well, the obsessive attitude is one, but I need a better way to write it.

NumberVIII stated exactly what I was going to say in regards to this. Sora/Roxas is male on male, but you don't see many people supporting it, nor is it as popular as any other pairings in general. Despite that, yes, it's two guys. The reason for that it's because not only are slash couples very criticized and disliked by most fandoms other than those who like it, they are each other. The half of one whole.

If Sora looked like a girl, let's be honest, would such an ignorant view still exist? Or would they have a lot more love because, gah, they're so cute and Sora has the appearance of a female, despite the true nature of the whole thing, so it can be easily ignored? Xion's a part of Sora, it's inside Sora: it may not be his exact body, but the whole construction it's out of his memories (and Naminé is reconnecting and chaining "Xion" back to the rest of his memories, at that) and the clone itself doesn't have any gender, let alone have anything under worth breeding with or being attracted to. It's an IT. Yet, once more, it's bypassed. CAUSE IT'S SO ADORABLE! KAWAII!

It wouldn't be if it looked like Sora the whole time in Roxas' eyes. I really, really feel that way.

Omg I love TV Tropes, and yes I read the page for Inception. It's so great<3

I know! What they say on Arthur! :3 We're not the only ones!

Probably true, honestly. At least, for most of the fans. Some of them might love it even more if Xion was a guy the whole time, like gold said. But then again...

I explained it more above, but then why isn't SoraxRoxas more popular?

And yet, like you said, some people tend to have a thing for obsessive behavior. God knows why...that's definitely not a healthy relationship o.0

That's why I don't find it romantic. I find it more "WTF kid has problems".

NumberVIII

NumberVIII stated exactly what I was going to say in regards to this. Sora/Roxas is male on male, but you don't see many people supporting it, nor is it as popular as any other pairings in general. Despite that, yes, it's two guys. The reason for that it's because not only are slash couples very criticized and disliked by most fandoms other than those who like it, they are each other. The half of one whole.

If Sora looked like a girl, let's be honest, would such an ignorant view still exist? Or would they have a lot more love because, gah, they're so cute and Sora has the appearance of a female, despite the true nature of the whole thing, so it can be easily ignored? Xion's a part of Sora, it's inside Sora: it may not be his exact body, but the whole construction it's out of his memories (and Naminé is reconnecting and chaining "Xion" back to the rest of his memories, at that) and the clone itself doesn't have any gender, let alone have anything under worth breeding with or being attracted to. It's an IT. Yet, once more, it's bypassed. CAUSE IT'S SO ADORABLE! KAWAII!

It wouldn't be if it looked like Sora the whole time in Roxas' eyes. I really, really feel that way.

I have to say I agree with you here (sorry gold :c). If Xion looked like a boy, there probably would be some slash fangirls who're like "OH MY GAWD SO KAYOOT" JUST because they're both boys...(but then again, most of those slash fangirls are probably already AkuRoku fangirls >>;) but because she's a girl and she's so different or whatever, people tend to disregard it. And yet, Roxas/Sora is not a typically popular pairing. It's gotta be a gender thing in this case, at least, because Roxas/Xion IS Roxas/Sora.

That's why I don't find it romantic. I find it more "WTF kid has problems".

Made worse by the fact that he was NOT like that in kh2.

Yesssssssss<333

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Some people are so desperate for a real, canon, developed gay relationship in a popular series (like me ;___; GROW SOME BALLS, PRODUCERS), that they will always do the next best thing and play with subtext.

Oh yeah definitely, the obsession is the worst part IMO. But it's like, why do most people love Roxas/Xion but hate Roxas/Sora?

'Well uh... Xion is a clone and a girl and doesn't look like him and-and- NOMURA SAID SHE IS HER OWN PERSON OKAY'

If it weren't for the selfcest then it probably would be, but you don't see Roxas/Sora being terribly popular with slash fangirls, do you? At least, I don't, not very often.

I like it 8D but yeah, it is very rare compared to Axel/Roxas, Riku/Sora, etc etc

And oh my god I hate that AkuRoku thing where pedobear!Axel is obsessed with poor cute innocent Roxas and molests him all the time. Like, please god, no. Stop. x____x

You're butchering BOTH characters that way -___-;

I
...and why? o.o

Well, it would take away from the self-insert value if we actually were told why Roxas liked her, wouldn't it?

Then give me more reasons that could be OPed other than the physical troubling ones ;P. Well, the obsessive attitude is one, but I need a better way to write it.

Nergh.... it's a Hot Cast Member/Proxy Space relationship, which drains all the character and potential out of the Hot Cast Member and turns him into a cardboard cut out serving to improve the scenery of the Proxy Space's life.

I explained it more above, but then why isn't SoraxRoxas more popular?

Cause there's very little subtext to feed fangirl minds.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
LOL, needed something that stood out. And even if it was AU, like I've said before - other than my dislike of Xion, it would be really hard to picture anything when the truth is right in my mind. It's so awkward reading something that had them kiss and stuff, ugh >.<.

Ah, see for me, it was the opposite. I was already writing Roxas/Xion scenes with Olivia Munn in the Commission RP before Days even came out, where Xion was actually a clone of Aqua (yeah, we were all pretty surprised by how close we came to her actual backstory). So, since I was already happily involved in an AU set-up, I can still imagine them that way without the truth bothering me. Of course, this ONLY applies to the AU world. It sucks, because I would've loved this pairing in canon too if it weren't for the truth about Xion...

You know, as much as I hate to admit it, I also think that you're right about Xion's female appearance contributing to Roxion's popularity. However, based on my own experiences with the pairing, I think it also has to do with the fact that, for a long time, we didn't know Xion's true identity. The only thing that we really had was the scene in the trailer when Xion is moping and Roxas takes her hand. Cue lots of "AWWWWWWs!" coming from the fans. Then the game came out, and for many days, all we saw was a cute friendship between two Keyblade wielders who liked to eat ice cream together and leave seashells by each other's bedside. By the time I learned the truth, I'd gotten pretty invested in those two, and it was really hard for me to come to terms with the Squick Factor because I didn't want to abandon ship. (Of course, if I keep looking at that OP...*shivers*)

If nothing else, this experience got me to pity the Luke/Leia fanbase that received a very unpleasant surprise in "Return of the Jedi!"

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think this couple would've also dropped in popularity if people had been aware of Xion's true nature from the get-go. Because by the time they found out the truth, most Roxion fans were probably too invested to want to leave.

There are so so so so so many idiot fangirls whose idea of Axel/Roxas is: 'Axel is an obsessed pervert stalker who molests cute Roxy-chan all the time X3' I mean, it's my OTP and I can find a hundred better reasons to love it, but there are seriously people who love the ship based on that alone :/

Oh boy. I know I'm in the Roxas/Xion HC, but can I just say that I absolutely HATE THAT IDEA OF AKUROKU MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE FANDOM??? (Except Marluxia/Namine...maybe. That one's not as popular, thankfully.) First, I hate when people suggest that this is canon and properly describes Axel's action in KH2. His best friend got captured by people who wanted to wipe his memory and eventually force him to merge with Sora. Who wouldn't be upset about that? And it's even worse than that for Axel because it's not like he's even got any support; he's basically trying to make the best decision possible for himself and his friend, while everyone around him is hoping or expecting him to screw up somehow. Yeah, sounds like some fun times! *facepalm*

Basically, saying "LOL Axel can't go five seconds without Roxas!" just completely undermines how much his life sucked during KH2. Don't even get me started on Roxas, the kid who hates the very thought of being abused and/or manipulated.

But even if they were right, why would people find that romantic and appealing? It's disturbing and very unhealthy. What's more, if this went on in the real world, Axel would get arrested for that kind of behavior. It's. NOT. Cute.

Okay, rant over. You can go back to Roxion now, carry on... s1seafoodsoup

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I only support this pairing because they're just friends and I can't find them really romantic. The only time I liked them is AU (Org knows what I'm talking about)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh boy. I know I'm in the Roxas/Xion HC, but can I just say that I absolutely HATE THAT IDEA OF AKUROKU MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE FANDOM??? (Except Marluxia/Namine...maybe. That one's not as popular, thankfully.) First, I hate when people suggest that this is canon and properly describes Axel's action in KH2. His best friend got captured by people who wanted to wipe his memory and eventually force him to merge with Sora. Who wouldn't be upset about that? And it's even worse than that for Axel because it's not like he's even got any support; he's basically trying to make the best decision possible for himself and his friend, while everyone around him is hoping or expecting him to screw up somehow. Yeah, sounds like some fun times! *facepalm*

Basically, saying "LOL Axel can't go five seconds without Roxas!" just completely undermines how much his life sucked during KH2. Don't even get me started on Roxas, the kid who hates the very thought of being abused and/or manipulated.

And this is a very prevalent view of what akuroku shippers like, and it's totally wrong. If this is what people think the ship is about, love it or hate it, then their opinions aren't worth much to me.

But even if they were right, why would people find that romantic and appealing? It's disturbing and very unhealthy. What's more, if this went on in the real world, Axel would get arrested for that kind of behavior. It's. NOT. Cute.

Well, a ship doesn't have to be healthy and full of fluff to be appealing. A lot of the appeal in Akuroku, at least for me, is that they have problems and they are doomed to fail, but the spark they did have and the impact it had on the both of them is truly beautiful.

But in the fanbrat interpretation I mentioned, there's not even a spark :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back