• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Space Cowboy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• Kingdom of Fear and Hell's Angels are both excellent, and if you enjoy those, there are a few more I'd recommend. Those two ought to hold you over for a bit though.
    I love Hunter S. Thompson. I find his writing style, and the fact that most of his work is semi-autobiographical, to be neat as hell.

Have you read anything else of his, or just Fear & Loathing?
    Ever since I registered here, that thread has been full of the same half dozen responses. I definitely think that it outlived its usefulness.
    Nice!! I will have to look into it! More chapters just means more epicness :D

I so wanna check out Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Genshiken XD All sound very good but those grabbed my attention most.
    How is Hajime no Ippo? See it often around but no idea what it is.

Oh wow, never heard of those, if you have time brief summary on some of them? Please :)

Main Manga would be One Piece, Naruto (not liking it lately though), Bleach (same, could be better), Reborn!, Fairy Tail, and Full Metal Alchemist.

Anime would mostly be FMA: Brotherhood, Case Closed, and One Piece.
    Gazille does grow on you XD

LOL Nice XD To each their own.

So One Piece and Fairy Tail, anything else on ya list?
    lol the band or Natsu's crazy power up? XD jk jk

Elfman is pretty beast!! Erza is meh fave, then ofc Gizelle (or however they spell his name, the Steel Dragon Slayer)
    It is, you reading the scans?
    lol I know, it definitely could be better, but I will have faith and hope it gets better XD
    No problem. youtube's gotten a lot better since their changes. Anime publishers are actually putting up episodes to their licensed shows on there (even shows like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood).

Personally, if I stream anime, I like using megavideo. They have a retarded "minutes watched" limit, but I can bypass that, and they have some of the best quality streams I've seen (next to the HD streams that crunchyroll offers).

oh, and congratz on the platinum! You must be so proud!
    lol, it depends with me. The problem with a lot of manga-anime crossovers is that they have to sterilize the artwork so that they can animate it more easily. This is usually why manga is better than its anime (well, that and plot alterations / filler episodes). Anyway, I find that a lot of anime that was done as an anime first is usually pretty decent (or at least has a better chance of being decent).

And yes, Mushi-Shi is awesome! And to make it easy on you, here's the first episode from youtube below (yeah, Ads, but that's the price you pay for a full ep on youtube, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44m9yigg_ns
    You didn't know about it? Well, you do seem more the manga type (as opposed to the anime type which is where DtB gets it's popularity from, lol)

Anyway, the basic plotline is this: At one point in time, "Gates" (walls, basically) surrounded Tokyo and part of South America (these Gates are known as Hell's and Heaven's Gate, respectively). The area within the gate is, essentially, a dome (though it looks like it is just the walls, while the sky still looks the same). However, it's a known fact that the night sky isn't the real night sky but a replacement. Each of the stars in the sky represents a Contractor. Contractors (whom are hidden from public knowledge in the first anime), are basically walking weapons. They express little to no emotion and are driven by logic (making them perfect for assassination or bodyguard type positions). All of these Contractors have a unique power and use of that power forces them to do an "Obeisance/Remuneration" (a compulsive act that they must accomplish; examples include smoking a cigarette, drinking a bottle of booze, blood letting, and breaking ones own fingers) afterwards. The plot focuses around Hei (and those around him, of course) who is a contractor that doesn't have an Obeisance and does allow emotions into his thought process (the reasons are explained in the first anime).

So yeah, people like it for it's interesting concept and because Hei is so good at beasting people.
    Pretty good, pretty good. Been waiting for a .avi of the new Darker than Black episode so I can watch it on my PS3, lol
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back