• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Relix
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• Yes, people like Riku only for his looks ._. sad.
    And I think part of why I like Xion better than Nami is that I just like the perky, peppy "tomboy" better than I do the quiet types. Plot wise I think they're both amazing and development wise are decent. What irks me is that Xion's plot was far more wide-spread, so the focus they attempted to keep on Roxas ruined it (like, say, what the hell happened with Riku? In CO? Blanks :( ), whereas even the focus they kept on Sora in CoM only HELPED Namine's story. So in that aspect I agree with you, Namine was better constructed if only because CoM as a whole was put together better than Days where Xion was the plot, but the focus kept shifting regardless, despite what the haters say. as much Xion as we got, we got mostly ice cream scenes and more important elements went missing.
    And I hear you. That's why whenever someone says they hate Kairi for forgetting Sora in KH2, I actually defend her. If you hate, hate for a reason.

I donno. I see where they're coming from plot-wise but it's like... calling Kairi a Mary Sue for being a plot device. She's not, she's just a main character who's... well, a plot device. So things happen to her and the other characters react to it. Same with Xion and Roxas - Xion goes through stuff (albeit less passively than Kairi), and Roxas and Axel react to those developments. Some people say it would've been better had Xion been introduced before but I doubt there's ever been this much hate towards Namine. Came out of nowhere, became Sora's instant romantic interest, had these amazing, mystical powers and basically ruined everything. About the only difference between her and Xion is that Xion was supposed to be Roxas's would be romantic interest (Again, to reflect on SoKai, heaven forbids anything individial) and that we got to see why RAX were friends instead of being told about the made-up Memories that made Sora and Repliku care.
    That aside, I can only say that from my interaction with the fandom, people care a lot less about Sora and Riku in that regard than Axel and Roxas. So when Namine came along or Kairi was even introduced, there was a lot less rage compared to Xion who ruined what the fandom has had a couple of years to fantasize over between KH2 and Days :V

The Sora element makes sense, I'll give him that, but it seems more like Riku had to pull the Sora out of Roxas. Also, Roxas was fighting it with all he had, so.
    And I don't really remember, but do you remember when that scene was? Because I recall Diz saying several things to Riku, but they were all in regards to Xion eating away at Sora's Memories, less so in regards to Riku. So it still adds up - Diz pushed Riku about Xion, then when Xion was absorbed by Roxas, there was only one thing left for them to do and that was to bring Roxas back.
    But I don't really remember x.x;

Ya, insulting isn't fun, not really. I also don't really like how anti-transgender those debates seem at times xD;;;
    Also, some posts there should be moded. But I don't care enough xD;
    Being a Kairi hater, I know how fans get. That's why after a while I tried toning down my attitude towards Xion haters. But haters will hate for stupid reasons as lovers will love for stupid reasons, regardless of the character (I want to wring the necks of anyone who loves Riku just for his looks. You like who's about the best character in the series for THAT?! I mean sure, nice bonus, but wot?!).
    And nah. I'm not even talking about the people who'll disagree because they just can't see it (lord knows I debated far and wide with Kairi lovers; I just don't see things they way they do), but a lot of people won't even give her a chance. To them, Xion's to blame for the ruinage of what was, to them, supposed to be a glorious Org13 fanservice game and there's no redemption.
    I laugh quietly and relish her plot influence beyond Days

I don't really mind not changing your mind or reaching an agreement. Some of my best debates throughout my being in this or any other fandom ended in "let's agree to disagree". You debated, showed your opinions, heard the other person out, and it just so happens that you finally reached at that unbridgable difference in opinions, that thing which makes you you and no one else, and thus makes you see things in a certain way and not another. Like, some people can forgive Kairi's raft comment; I can't. With no other explanation or insight given about that comment, it can go both ways and people just have to respect that.
    It's just that disagreeing is vile and rotten nowadays. And Mary Sue pops up far too often for comfort and people expect me to take it lying down when their best includes linking me to tvtropes. Yeah sure, and the Kairi HC has a hive mind why again? *vents, rants, foams*

Deep Dive I think is another thing altogether in that regard, though I have to admit that it does explain some things, like... dude, Roxas. Why give Riku the Oblivion again? You seemed to do well enough on your own and you went to FIGHT the guy on his way down. So what the hell is up with that?
    Also, seeing how Riku's been throughout Days, it didn't really make sense for him to go bat-shit crazy on Roxas's ass after how he's been with Xion. But Xion herself playing a part suddenly fixes that as well.
    But then again I never cared all that much for Deep Dive. I mean sure, it was cool and all, but it's a concept video. It was never meant to be taken at face value or "literally". Even the KH2/FM+ secret endings weren't exactly the same when BBS finally came along, and let's face it - BBS was a lot less epic than the secret endings. Because secret endings are SUPPOSED to be epic and have the luxury of being detached while the games, as epic as they may be, need to take into consideration everything else that's happened up to that point and that is already planned to happen afterward.
    I'd sooner stop watching secret endings rather than get disappointed over how they actually played out when put inside the games.

The Xion FC is kind of in lul mode now xD pics and hype but nothing serious. Clean fun =D
    Though to be fair, from what I've seen? ...the Kairi HC never was that bad xD; ever.
    I wonder if it's because we've been hating for longer, have more hope what with Kairi being her own person, had Kairi less-ruin things we cared less about compared with Org fans, or have an easier-to-ignore "pairing" involving her xD;;; whereas Roxas is obsessed with Xion.
    Bleh.
    \o/!!!!!
    Well, like you said - people usually don't bother asking, and people usually don't bother answering in a decent manner. But I'm the first person to admit that debates can and do change people's minds :3
    Mind giving me tips what I need to work on more? XD >:3

The fandom's just split. I'm not saying, even when it was "just" over Kairi, heated debates could get ugly :\ and disagreeing instantly meant the other side was stupid and blind. But now, it's even worse. You can't even raise an argument about a character before your own personality - something the other person has no idea about - is brought into question.
    What irks me the most I guess is that far too many Xion haters used to whine and moan about Kairi hate threads even when they came only once in a while and the debate was going well. Gotta love hypocrisy >_>; I mean sure, I don't like Xion hate threads - so I just stay away xD;
    Maybe I'll get you to accept Xion yet? :D

Ya. I kind of prefer that sort of debates over theories nowadays xD; though those too can get tedious.
    I dislike how everything just seems so personal D:
    ah... when i heard "random" i just pictured random kh pictures and fan arts strewn about.
    In that case though, it will probably be how you described it, focusing on a bunch of topics not any particular one. I'm having troubles coming up with solid things to write about, definitely need suggestions. -shrugs-. It'll be interesting to see what happens with it, but, I'm definitely feeling good about it and I hope people will read it and come to enjoy it, too.
    I like talking about shit I know well, I guess. =]
    I like blogs and I usually make a lot of them, but, I decided to only have a few that I could REALLY focus on instead of like ten that I don't focus on at all, so, I chose me topics of interests and I knew KH was a topic that I had a lot to write/say about. So, it seemed like a natural fit, I guess. Plus, without having scans/screens/trailers/forums/etc. to keep me interested, I figured it would be best to have -something- KH I could do regularly to keep my interest. After that, a blog seemed like the best fit. Whether or not other people will find it interesting remains to be seen, I suppose.
    i know it doesn't -have- to be a complete surprise. Heck, I haven't had a complete surprise really since I played the first one. I do think it'd be more enjoyable if it was a complete surprise though. I mean... not even know what the next world to visit will be? (and it being KH3D means they will all be brand new, so, there is even more of a surprise there). I don't know, I think that's something worth striving for. If it turns out to be less than I thought, then I'll go back to me olde ways for KH3 I guess. But, for KH3D, I'm definitely going to try and stick with it.
    Really, you don't? I don't know. I just think about the Jump Festa trailer for BBS which had Ansem's Secret Ending speech, Castle Oblivion, Chamber of Waking, Aqua crying at the Dark Margin, Sora, Keyblade Graveyard, etc. I mean... I'd rather have played the game to see those things.

Plus, I want all of the Disney worlds to be surprises too when I play, so, seeing a trailer would tell me which worlds are in it.
    I'm sure I can manage. I also won't be looking at any scans/screens/trailers/interviews for KH3D either. So, i'll have to go a long while without any KH.
    im also having a whole day for this mofo XD since i spent today getting icecream keyblades, finishing mirage arena and beating VR.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back