• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
QuintusKing
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• I don't have anything planned for the holiday. Wanted to visit my friends in Singapore, but the ticket had become absurdly expensive. I'd probably rather use the money for Chi anniversary premium box. XD

Yep, I prefer teaching. Also, whenever I am near children (especially happy, smiling children), I feel energised, so this might well be the ideal job for me. It's really rewarding when you see them being happy for being able to solve problems correctly! I teach in English, but sometimes I assist my boss in conducting Japanese science classes as well (during which I will speak Japanese to the children).
    Of course I do. I mean, it made headlines literally everywhere. It was devastating. I was really saddened by the fact that it happened. I feel your grief, too; two of the Indonesian passengers were family friends. Truly disheartening. :(

But life goes on, yeah?

I'm glad everything's going fine! Here, too, we've entered festive season. Most companies will close down for the following week to allow Moslems to celebrate Hari Raya, so it gives me a week's worth of rest! Life is sweet right now. :)

And speaking of companies, did you know that I quit my previous "job"? You know, the one in which I was a project leader? Not long after, I landed a job at a Japanese-based cram school (tuition centre) as a maths and science teacher. :D
    Hey Quintus, been a while! How's everything going so far over at your side?
    I'm doing... I'd probably be lying if I said "fine". Not fine at all by way of work (and I'd rather not talk about it as it's me against the company right now), but take it out of the equation and my life should generally be great.

You go! Buying what you want with your own money feels really satisfying. Two years ago, I bought my PS3 with a portion of my paycheck and it has become a prized possession, which has been even until now. I don't think I'll be letting it go, haha... unless someone is willing to pay more than what I had paid for it, which is practically impossible.

Mastered? Nah, hardly... I haven't been studying for about a year now, and before that I was only studying for about a year. I learn new words mostly from games and whatnot, and if I find a grammar structure that I don't understand, I look it up. Not being in education is hard, but well... at least I know I can already converse with native speakers about some basic stuff and daily life with more confidence.
    A semester break at the middle of the year? Did the school term start in March? When I was studying, we would already have been in an inter-grade two-month break during these periods of time, haha. Still though, good luck with whatever you still need to get done!

Ah, sorry about that. :( But at least you still have your PS2 to play KH2FM with, or KH2FM for that matter! My luck wasn't as good as yours and I didn't have the chance to play it before I left to study abroad, and back then I didn't understand a single Japanese word. I'm so excited that there's finally a chance for me to play KH2FM and BbSFM, so yeah, I'm planning to get the game. I haven't played on the PS3 much lately so I borrowed it to my cousin, but it seems I'll have to reclaim it soon. ;)
    Yo Quintus, how are you? Have you heard about the news regarding 2.5? The forums exploded with hype earlier this afternoon! You planning to get the game?
    Oh i accepted your join request on the S-E Bridge page, come say hello to everyone, i'm still waiting for the rest of the fanclub/vulpeus members to send requests lol.

I'm still new to the S-E Bridge community page thing. :l
    Liberal Arts mostly. I am nervous about taking Art History II. I passed the first class, now I just need to beat this class. I am also taking Western Civilization.
    I am a college student myself. I'll be twenty-two on June 11th. I hope you do well with your presentation. I am having some difficulties with community college. I've been up ever since 9pm.
    Nope, nothing was out of the ordinary. The reading was quite lengthy, but fortunately I came rather early so I had some time skimming through the passage to get an idea what it was about. Though, I almost did forget to go to the front to lead the prayer of the faithful (I had to do that too; it's a part of the same package). XD

Oh wow, that's good! Then, be sure to post your work on your thread when you're finished with it so that people can have a look. Going back to something you used to do in the past but no longer is indeed exciting! :)

And nope, I'm not tired... I'm exhausted. XD I myself will be going to bed soon as well, so I regret to tell you that this is going to be my last message for today. I guess I'll be talking to you later! Good night! :)
    Hey Quintus! Sorry, I was out for the whole day and I had to man two Chi accounts on the evening. We were engaged in a full-blown war-like battle it was hard to turn away! And now, the Guilt has been reset, and damage output is all back to square one.

How has your day been? This morning one of the lectors didn't come, so the ministry coordinator, knowing that I was free, just pulled me in as a substitute. XD
    You got it right; it's all about improvement and how we can bring ourselves to do better than last time. When I see the photos that I've taken in the past and compare them with my recent ones, I also feel like they are worse, but that gives a sense of achievement and serves as a reminder that my skills did actually improve.

Wow, that pun... it's interesting! What other puns can you make out of simplification of traditional Chinese script? Even though I know that the simplified character for "love" lacks the "heart" part, "heartless" actually never did once cross my mind. Well done, Quintus, well done. XD

Oh wow, I'm actually having shudders imagining your shoulder blade being out-of-place like that... doesn't it feel painful sometimes? Or are you already used to it? What if the shoulder blade falls back into place with a snap, wouldn't it hurt like heck? Oh gosh, I should stop; thinking about this makes me limp and turns my knees into jelly... D:

And yes... yes, I too was engaged in Raid Boss killing, I actually left this message hanging for so long now. I'm not sure if you're even still awake at the time of posting, but I suppose you've gone to bed considering that it's past 1am over at your side. I will need to catch some sleep soon as well, otherwise I'm going to wake up late tomorrow for Mass. Morning Masses are somehow always the best for me...
    Doesn't that happen to all of us? I, too, always admire my works immediately after I've done them, but the more you look into it, the more flaws you'll find. I guess just can't be completely satisfied with what we do, huh?

Oh, dang. I mistook one character with the other. I'm so used to kanji characters (which are based on traditional Chinese script) that I often confuse the simplified Chinese script of the same character. I know that 先 in Japanese itself means "ahead", but the character is similar to the simplified version of 無, causing the confusion. If it were up to me, I would have recalled the simplified script and reverted to the traditional one. XD

How about running or jogging, then? Are you allowed to do it? It does exert some pressure on your spine, yeah, but I don't think the pressure is anywhere as strong as that exerted when you, say, do strength training such as push-ups and whatnot. I feel like jogging is actually one of the most convenient aerobic activity considering that you don't need any equipment whatsoever to do it.
    Oh well haha. We all learn from out mistakes xD

He really is. The Arc. after this current one in the anime is really nice. I'm sure you'll be interested in it. But I want to try reading Yu Yu Hakusho, Togashi's previous manga. I heard it's really good and the characters are similar to the ones in HxH.
    I don't mind if he returns them or not. They're probably teared up anyway.
    Do you know where the Pokemon Adventures book is? Haha

And the Arc. actually does get better even after Netero passes, it quickly became more than just battling the "Ants".
    It's all good! I'll always support good people :)

That really sucks.. I have 2 stories about my CoM manga lol. As I was bringing them home for the first time after school, I realized I had chocolate milk opened in my backpack, which leaked inside of it. The bottom of the book turned a little brown, but it didn't affect the pages (Thanks god!). And I also let my friend borrow the books 2 years ago. He never returned them, but I know they're in bad shape. I'll probably re-buy them online at some point.

I found this link. It seems like Meruem's name is similar to the English name Mary (And this Meryem has a 'y'. In the manga, Meruem had a 'y' instead of a 'u'). I started reading the manga two days ago actually. I felt like reading something, so I tried that out. It was very good! I'm still going to watch the anime, as well. I want to see the manga with animations :D
    You're very welcome! I love the drawing style you used for the second poster, it's looking sharp and really tidy.

Well, I've heard that term, as well as a few others, frequently. I only have a bit of Chinese blood myself (my late paternal grandmother being half Chinese) but having studied in a Catholic institution for six years where a lot of the students are of Chinese descent (as well as living in a Chinese-majority country for another six years), I picked those terms. That's also why I could recognise the 無心 part in your manga. And it's nothing spectacular, but... 我是一个先心 reads wo shi yi ge wu xin, which literally means "I am a no-heart". Right? XD

Oh, wow, that sounds inconvenient... but thankfully it still hasn't (and I sure hope won't!) affected your mobility. It's good that you can still do some exercise, too; I know it sounds strange coming from someone who's become rather lazy, but exercising is really important. You need to keep fit, and how are you expecting to maintain your fitness if not through exercising?

Uh... nope. I skipped dinner, haha. I did have some midnight snack, though, to keep my stomach from rumbling. I finally fell asleep at around 3:30, woke up at 7 something, and fell asleep again to wake up two hours later. XD
    Hmm, I've never heard of that film. Heck, I've never even heard of Doraemon films except for the ones with dinosaurs, robot kingdom, and the upcoming one titled Stand by Me. And so you're the younger child... I hope you don't do anything that makes your da ge go nuts. But you should have been well past those ages... I have a younger sister, and when she was around 14 or 15, she was really rebellious I didn't even know what to do about her. XD

The treadmill didn't see much usage not so much because I am fit enough to use it as I'm just plain lazy, haha... I used to exercise regularly, but now I only do push-ups and planks daily. You know, after getting back from work, all you want to do is just unwind in general... though I know it isn't a valid exercise because many people go to the gym after work. It seems I just don't have the drive to do so, although fortunately I am able to keep my weight rather constantly by being selective in what I eat. If I feel I've taken in too much meat, I would abstain from it for the next few days or so.

I would hardly say it was a poor rap. It's certainly better than me; I'm not even articulate enough to say words that quickly, so rapping would be a tongue-twister for me! And nope, I wasn't surprised by your looks. As I said, though, you don't look like someone with that high a singing voice... but having heard the rapping part, I can say that that is the voice I expected. XD

By the way, I'm so sorry for taking so long to reply! I was soooo tired, I got knocked out almost immediately after getting back home at 5, and I had just woken up. I even missed the 2-hour LUT! That was one crazy nap... and I won't be able to sleep again for tonight. Jetlag, man, jetlag...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back