• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
So is Naminè like...permanently dead or something?

I've never seen this much erasure of a female character whose influences expanded to legit every game aside from BBS and DDD. Nomura must really hate her.

Why even have her on the cover? She's the only one missing from the OP end. It's confusing. You either acknowledge her completely or don't acknowledge her at all.

Oh, right, the OP. I wasn't actually that impressed. I'm so tired of the trio bs, but it's literally like every OP we've had so far. Except shortened when it comes to scenes. I wouldn't even truly call it a recap, more like a quick summary of the series that skips some essential aspects. Add in some chess imagery and that's...pretty much it. The good thing is the song is better than first thought! I like it now.

KH2 remains the best opening imo. The enchanting, clean, simple transitions that flowed with the music has something magical about it that was not replicated ever again.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I've never seen this much erasure of a character whose influences expanded to legit every game aside from BBS and DDD. Nomura must really hate her.

Why even have her on the cover? She's the only one missing from the OP end. It's confusing. You either acknowledge her completely or don't acknowledge her at all.
I keep having this thought like oh maybe they just edited her out for promotional purposes. Then I remember we watched the actual opening, and she's not there, haha.

This opening adds nothing to the franchise, really. It doesn't even recap DDD, the nearest main installment to KH3, which means we'll never see Sora and Riku's sexy RoS outfits in Visual Works. It's criminal.

wolfshadow0118

I am the only one who liked the opening?))

I did, just read my post right above yours.

Edit: do we know what the gamertag is for the guy whose posting spoilers on Twitter? If we did, we could try searching his Xbox information for achievements.

Wezzelus

I've never seen this much erasure of a female character whose influences expanded to legit every game aside from BBS and DDD. Nomura must really hate her.

Oh, right, the OP. I wasn't actually that impressed. I'm so tired of the trio bs, but it's literally like every OP we've had so far. Except shortened when it comes to scenes. I wouldn't even truly call it a recap, more like a quick summary of the series that skips some essential aspects. Add in some chess imagery and that's...pretty much it. The good thing is the song is better than first thought! I like it now.

KH2 remains the best opening imo. The enchanting, clean, simple transitions that flowed with the music has something magical about it that was not replicated ever again.
Now you’re just being dramatic.

Namine obviously isn’t in the final shot because it’s characters there that will actually... you know... FIGHT.

Namine can’t fight. She’ll have her part to play, or else she wouldn’t even be on the cover. We know she is doing something
with Terra from the orchestra bit, what that will lead into is what we will see when we play the game.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I keep having this thought like oh maybe they just edited her out for promotional purposes. Then I remember we watched the actual opening, and she's not there, haha.

This opening adds nothing to the franchise, really. It doesn't even recap DDD, the nearest main installment to KH3, which means we'll never see Sora and Riku's sexy RoS outfits in Visual Works. It's criminal.

I'm just...befuddled over it. You put her on the cover, for whatever reason, but don't show her in the line up of the OP where it represents the cover. I'm telling you, the whole trio thing is a curse. All it does is alienate characters.

There's no way Naminè's with the bad guys...

Squood!

seibah
Awards
They're treating Namine like how Capcom's treating Vergil in DMC5. As in, ignoring her completely and not even talking about her even though we all know she's gonna do something.

namnam claims yamato confirmed

DreamWeilder03

Alligator from the Princess and the Frog in the Game's Booklet what does that mean a Link Summon or prehaps a Cameo?
Pretty much the only thing I really want to know about KH3. If there are any photos of it as proof, please let me know using spoiler tabs of course.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Now you’re just being dramatic.

Namine obviously isn’t in the final shot because it’s characters there that will actually... you know... FIGHT.

Namine can’t fight. She’ll have her part to play, or else she wouldn’t even be on the cover. We know she is doing something
with Terra from the orchestra bit, what that will lead into is what we will see when we play the game.

It was meant to be dramatic, yes.

They could have at least shown her in the OP elsewhere.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Somebody asked about achievements. Mileage varies on achievements for Xbox. Sometimes they require an online connection for achievement data to be unlocked on the console or internet access to activate achievements for a game in general. The guy's Xbox is banned so he can't access the internet on it anymore.

We'll see, though.

Also on the opening.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KH3 is on the cover of Dengeki this month. More news incoming!

You don't need to post this in the spoiler section. We intend on reporting on this when Dengeki releases.

notnow123487

Awards
Somebody asked about achievements. Mileage varies on achievements for Xbox. Sometimes they require an online connection for achievement data to be unlocked on the console or internet access to activate achievements for a game in general. The guy's Xbox is banned so he can't access the internet on it anymore.

We'll see, though.

Also on the opening.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You don't need to post this in the spoiler section. We intend on reporting on this when Dengeki releases.

Sorry I just wanted to inform people that don’t look at twitter and I know you don’t like users making threads for news because of the system so I wasn’t sure where to put it?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So, do you guys think that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

We'll see, though.

Also on the opening.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
yeah it does seem there alot emphazie of sora and kairi lately and lot of people going to be upset about kh3

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Also on the opening.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I forgot to mention that too. How Kairi's presence in the OP is tied to a male character. But at the same time, that's legit been her role in the entire series thus far. This forum has discussed her for years in terms of her relevance and lack of development.

You're not the only one who's WTFing when it comes to Naminè. Either Nomura has favorites or...should we even give him credit? Maybe Naminè's absence is meant to bring attention to her. In the worst way. Poor girl.

Also, Mickey isn't standing with Donald and Goofy in the end shot, weird considering everyone else is with their trio.

It's again the same thing in the cover art. Donald and Goofy may be near him, but they are on the bottom, and he's pretty much standing on his own. Naminè is also alone, her addition standing out from the rest due to her being the only white/light character against the dark colors of everyone and everything. Except she wasn't even shown.

Beyond

Awards
Sorry I just wanted to inform people that don’t look at twitter and I know you don’t like users making threads for news because of the system so I wasn’t sure where to put it?

We'll see, though.

Also on the opening.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is exactly what I'm thinking right now.
About Namine - poor thing - , about Riku, about Sokai (I hope It won't be a thing in this game).

In the end, I didn't like it.
I mean, even the music was not in syncro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back