• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Voltron: Legendary Defender - S8 December 14th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender - S7 August 10th

I've been meaning to get into this series. Never thought there'd be this much hype towards a show about a giant robot comprised of 5 different parts. Guess I jumped super late in the bandwagon, huh?

I’m not sure how you wouldn’t think there’d be hype for a show based on a classic cartoon considering the sheer amount of people who grew up on shows about a giant robot being formed by five warriors and just giant robot shows in general lol

It’s a great show! I highly recommend not interacting with the fandom, though. Enjoy the show at your own pace.

SoulXaldin

Awards

I’m not sure how you wouldn’t think there’d be hype for a show based on a classic cartoon considering the sheer amount of people who grew up on shows about a giant robot being formed by five warriors and just giant robot shows in general lol

It’s a great show! I highly recommend not interacting with the fandom, though. Enjoy the show at your own pace.

I will. And since I just got my Netflix subscription back, you already know what I'm gonna do!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I watched the first episode of this.
I'm not opposed, so I think I might go on. I'll definitely stay approximately 50000km away from the fandom though, because what I saw on tumblr was nothing short of toxic.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Let me paint the fandom right now: after sending the cast and crew hate messages and death threats because they’d felt the LGBTQ+ rep in the show wasn’t what people wanted and the staff employed the use of a common trope that is upsetting but not as offensive as it is being made out to be (which then forced the hand of one of the producers to apologize and explain when he didn’t need to and you could tell that the staff has done nothing but everything they could to make certain things happen in this show), a very specific group of toxic fans decided to create a “reboot” of Voltron that employs a ton of racist stereotypes to stick it to the show runners and show them how to make “quality” content it’s dominated Tumblr’s fandometrics and is vey popular which is even more frightening.

There is certainly a ton of good in the fandom but I find it best that new viewers just enjoy it among friends and within smaller pockets of fans like a forum like this.

And mind you, this is just what I’ve observed from the outer fringes of the fandom. Imagine actually being in it.

ANYWAYS

Please enjoy this silly show about space cats being really awesome.

Last edited:

SoulXaldin

Awards

I mean it is TUMBLR. Just hearing the name alone should just give off bad vibes. Nothing but a cesspool for snowflake SJWs.

But besides that, I thought the first episode was pretty interesting. Nothing too crazy about to get me hooked or anything, but hopefully by watching a few more episodes I'll get into.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I mean it is TUMBLR. Just hearing the name alone should just give off bad vibes. Nothing but a cesspool for snowflake SJWs.

Tread lightly and be kind. This might surprise you, but the KHI site staff (being queer and/or people of color) are snowflake SJWs. You won't find sympathy here if you're called out for trying to incite something.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

okay so i’m not really into voltron, and i’m not a member of any of the marginilized groups that this show is under fire for representing, but i will say that if a cartoon having gay people of color offends you then maybe you’re the real snowflake like what the fuck. next time i have netflix i’m watching just so they have another viewer; every time a piece of media catches shit for being progressive it should double-down.

#MakeOuterSpaceGayAgain

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I thought the new season was alright. I'm glad Shiro has a way to fight with the group now, too (along with misc. other characters). I was a little disappointed we didn't see anything much about Haggar, Lotor, etc. and/or whatever's going on at the center of the Galra Empire. As for the mecha genre, I definitely didn't watch this show because of that or even that it's based on an old show. I only watched because the animation's pretty and the people making it were also behind Avatar/Korra (which I love). I'd say the best part of this show is the humor and casual character interactions. Keith is my favorite of the cast, along with Allura, Shiro, and Coran.

I wonder how many episodes the last season is going to be? I hope the characters get a decent wrap-up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I thought the new season was alright. I'm glad Shiro has a way to fight with the group now, too (along with misc. other characters). I was a little disappointed we didn't see anything much about Haggar, Lotor, etc. and/or whatever's going on at the center of the Galra Empire. As for the mecha genre, I definitely didn't watch this show because of that or even that it's based on an old show. I only watched because the animation's pretty and the people making it were also behind Avatar/Korra (which I love). I'd say the best part of this show is the humor and casual character interactions. Keith is my favorite of the cast, along with Allura, Shiro, and Coran.

I wonder how many episodes the last season is going to be? I hope the characters get a decent wrap-up.

Haggar is certainly going to be the focus of S8. She knew about the Alteans through Clone Shiro, so she probably took them and was the one who made the new Robeast fighter robot at the end of the season

Lotor is also certainly going to return. I suspect that he will team up with Hira in the alternate universe and return to get his revenge. At that point I think the Alteans in this universe will switch sides to fight the invaders after Haggar is finally defeated.

I’m just a bit concerned with the lingering plot about the dark quintessence creature that caused all of the chaos in this series to begin with. That is the true threat, but I can’t imagine them actually approaching this topic to fix it.

Season 8 will be 13 episodes like this one. All I know is that Shiro and Keith are certain to get their ambiguous “are they dating, are they bros4lyfe” ending at the very least.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
What are the odds of Shiro having a BF by the end of the series?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
https://twitter.com/voltron/status/1048576395977351168?s=21

This art is so good.

Fun news: Bex, the voice of Pidge, essentially said in one of their Instagram streams on Thursday that Keith and Axca will not be a thing. Like straight up said it isn’t a thing, then continued to say what will happen in the show will be great and the staff worked really hard to make it come together.

What are the odds of Shiro having a BF by the end of the series?

At this point? With Dreamworks being notoriously difficult to work with when it comes to LGBTQ+ friendly content? 1%?

Within that 1%, 100% of that would be the only character he has a very strong emotional connection to that has been a focal point repeatedly throughout the series: Slav.

Keith. It’d be Keith

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To each their own ofc but personally...please no.

I binged the whole show a few weeks ago, and I was right about my fear about the fandom, but daang, there's some goooood art out there.

It’s not happening, so it’s nothing to be concerned about anyways.

The fandom is the worst for the unnecessary shipping wars. I just sit back for all of the fan art and hilarious tweets.

Elysium

Awards
It’s not happening, so it’s nothing to be concerned about anyways.
That's a shame. I was hoping for a long shot that this might actually end the way it should due to the chemistry between the characters, just because of Korra. Oh, well.

Of course Allura and Lance will get to be together at the end though. *eyeroll*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's a shame. I was hoping for a long shot that this might actually end the way it should due to the chemistry between the characters, just because of Korra. Oh, well.

Of course Allura and Lance will get to be together at the end though. *eyeroll*

There were some leaks that I’m not sure were real but are the reason I’ve given up hope haha

Of course they are. They are the het couple of the show.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Allurance is the single worst ship (out of the realistic ones) that I can imagine, so I'm glad about how used I am to canon ships being bad. I guess I was naive enough to have faith in the creators.
Silly me.

Elysium

Awards
Any chance the entire show will get a physical release after it's finished?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Allurance is the single worst ship (out of the realistic ones) that I can imagine, so I'm glad about how used I am to canon ships being bad. I guess I was naive enough to have faith in the creators.
Silly me.

I was full-steam Lotura because that's a god damn power couple built on beauty and strength, so imagine my heartbreak when Allura yeeted the man across the room.

Any chance the entire show will get a physical release after it's finished?

Pretty likely. Trollhunters got released physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back