• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Voltron: Legendary Defender - S8 December 14th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender

No words can describe how much I loved this season.

10/10 for me yo.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

Just finished the last episode.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
THIS SHOW HAD BETTER GET A SEASON 3!!!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Watched the few final episodes I had left and dam what an freaking awesome season this was! Like others here
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I finished the season yesterday AND AHHHHHHHHH

Spoiler Spoiler Show

S2 gets all of my love <3

SnowBunny

Kinda late but just wanted to say this picture is the best!

tumblr_oof6jpGu841qjhkxoo1_1280.jpg
(Coran is giving me life)

Also I really like the show and can't wait until season 3 is out!

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Kinda late but just wanted to say this picture is the best!

tumblr_oof6jpGu841qjhkxoo1_1280.jpg
(Coran is giving me life)

Also I really like the show and can't wait until season 3 is out!
That is gorgeous.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

A leaked trailer from Netflix confirms that Season 3 is coming August 4th!!!!:wink:

KeybladeOrder

Awards

Hopefully it's a balance of both. In any case, I'm excited. Only 15 days to go.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

15 more days until Shiro angst and zany madness <3 I'm so ready! I NEED ALLURA IN BLUE ASAP BUT THEN LANCE AHHH

Also Lotor's all-female half-breed generals GIVE ME LIFE. LIFE I SAY.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Has anyone started watching the new season yet? I am going to start today, and man am I excited to see it!

KeybladeOrder

Awards

I binge watched it as soon as it went up. It was an amazing season, but fair warning, if you didn't already know, they split up the 13 episodes so that Season 3 is the first 7 episodes and Season 4 is 6. So we basically got half a season. Just so you know to manage your expectations, because Season 3 is mostly set up for the payoff to come in Season 4 (which comes out October 13th)

KudoTsurugi

Awards

I liked the season, wasn't a fan of the fact it was regular size episodes, but I'll get over it. I'll just consider it Season 3 Pt1, while "Season 4" is Season 3 Pt2.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, good setup, and I'm looking forward to what's coming next :D

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I gotta say, I am so digging the new villains. I wonder if they'll ever incorporate an iteration of the vehicle Voltron for Season 4?

KudoTsurugi

Awards

I gotta say, I am so digging the new villains. I wonder if they'll ever incorporate an iteration of the vehicle Voltron for Season 4?
If the Galaxy Garrison show up in a future season, I can actually see that being a thing. It probably won't be as powerful as Lion Voltron.

Also, I just found out that they call this iteration of Voltron by its English name in Japan through the Netflix Japan YouTube channel. I almost thought they would've dubbed it GoLion after the Toei series, but I guess not.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

If the Galaxy Garrison show up in a future season, I can actually see that being a thing. It probably won't be as powerful as Lion Voltron.

Also, I just found out that they call this iteration of Voltron by its English name in Japan through the Netflix Japan YouTube channel. I almost thought they would've dubbed it GoLion after the Toei series, but I guess not.

Well then, colour me intrigued for Season 4 (even more so than I already am).

As far as the current Voltron being called Voltron for Netflix Japan, legally, GoLion and Voltron were legally unaffiliated trademarks and copyrights. This meant that Voltron as an intellectual property was able to continue on in the west without any legal trouble from the representatives of the GoLion intellectual property. This is further proved when Season 2 of the original Voltron anime was based off Armored Fleet Dairugger XV, an anime property entirely unaffiliated with GoLion.

It's like how Power Rangers sampled Super Sentai, but legally, their unaffiliated intellectual properties.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

I liked the season, wasn't a fan of the fact it was regular size episodes, but I'll get over it. I'll just consider it Season 3 Pt1, while "Season 4" is Season 3 Pt2.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, good setup, and I'm looking forward to what's coming next :D

From what I've read from cast and crew interviews, your comment about Season 4 being Season 3 part 2 is exactly what happened. They made Season 3 13 episodes and then the executives decided to split the season and release the two halves separately. The tradeoff to this is that in exchange for episodes being released in short half-seasons, we get episodes faster, because Season 4 comes out October 13th.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Just so you know to manage your expectations, because Season 3 is mostly set up for the payoff to come in Season 4 (which comes out October 13th)

I had a feeling that the it would be a bit short, but this also helped me adjust my expectations.

Everything was once again spot on and I loved every second of it. I have to also agree with everyone here that the new baddies, Prince Lotor and his cool as heck generals are really interesting and entertaining villains! I liked that they joke around too, and overall their team makes a good opponent for team Voltron. I can`t wait to see what happens next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back