• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Voltron: Legendary Defender - S8 December 14th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 246005

Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender

Season 3 was awesome as i love the new dynamics with everyone switching lions and being challenged by it. Lothor and his homies I wanna see more of (is the mute a guy or girl?) and that last episode made me look at Haggar and Zarkon in a whole new way. It was still an odd episode to end but i saw what they were going for.

Shiro coming back at the end was not as smooth as i liked but him taking a backseat to everyone else was a good idea.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

Season 3 was awesome as i love the new dynamics with everyone switching lions and being challenged by it. Lothor and his homies I wanna see more of (is the mute a guy or girl?) and that last episode made me look at Haggar and Zarkon in a whole new way. It was still an odd episode to end but i saw what they were going for.

Shiro coming back at the end was not as smooth as i liked but him taking a backseat to everyone else was a good idea.

All of Lotor's 4 generals are female.

Part of the reason the finale episode probably felt like an odd way to end is because they made 13 episodes for Season 3 before the execs decided to split it up into 2 seasons, meaning that the last episode of Season 3 is technically only the mid season finale. If they'd done that for season 2, it'd be like having Season 2 end with the space mall episode.

Based on all the clues that
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I don't think Shiro's return was supposed to be smooth.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Here's a random question: what do you think would be the most out-there idea for an episode of this show?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Season 4 was...not bad. It didn’t seem like it knew what it wanted to do or what kind of tone it was trying to carry.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

Season 4 was...not bad. It didn’t seem like it knew what it wanted to do or what kind of tone it was trying to carry.

I honestly thought it was great! I get why some people aren't as thrilled by it, but I alwasy try to keep my expectations low, especially since this was really the second half of Season 3.

And as for those 6 episodes not knowing what kind of tone it was trying to carry, I feel like that was partially the point, and that the purpose of these last 13 episodes (Season 3 and Season 4) was to shake up the status quo of the first 2 seasons.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I've yet to watch the last 2 episodes of the new season but I can say that, not much has happened save for some character related events and one that we all saw coming since the end of the last season (again I haven't watched the remaining two lol). I am enjoying the season more so because there is more of Voltron to watch rather than the content is anything to drool over. It's not bad but it's not particularly exciting either. I also understand seeing this season as a continuation of the previous one but it didn't seem too connected enough for me to see it as a season split up into two. Despite all that I just said though (lol) I actually like the characters, lore, and setting way too much to not enjoy it for entertainment's sake. And I don't know if this was addressed in the final two episodes but ............ #NotMyShiro

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I don't know how I feel about the new season. Honestly I want to see the old paladins again.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Seeing how many pages this has, I'm surprised nobody posted when the new episodes came out last month. I only just decided to watch this for the first time back in January. It's really a fantastic show. I think I liked it because of the Avatar influence.

As far as the most recent episodes, when Zarkon died, supposedly, and the next episode they wondered who would seize power in his place, I almost thought we were about to see an Empress with Haggar and Lotor's guards taking over. That would've been really fun actually, since she was always more threatening than Zarkon. Anyway, I never bought Lotor's change of face, and immediately started to suspect this was all some plan both he and Zarkon concocted together from the beginning for them to find the White Lion and for Zarkon to take over Shiro entirely to take back the Black Lion.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Shiro is gay/bi and Season 8 which airs this year is the final season.

BYE

mzE40VQ.jpg

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I'm surprised, actually. I thought there might be a surprise Shiro / Keith pairing near the end (similar to Legend of Korra), but apparently they're introducing a new character for Shiro. Still nice, I guess.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

From what I can tell, it's his ex so he's single now? I would definitely prefer Sheith as the end game over Shiro + random boyfriend from the past. I'm more pleasantly surprised the gay dude is basically the "alpha male" of the bunch, the one that young boys look up to. That's a big step forward.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

From what I can tell, it's his ex so he's single now? I would definitely prefer Sheith as the end game over Shiro + random boyfriend from the past. I'm more pleasantly surprised the gay dude is basically the "alpha male" of the bunch, the one that young boys look up to. That's a big step forward.

Yes, Adam is his ex. They were on the path to marriage but Adam found Shiro's inability to consider his health to be too much to handle. Adam wanted to take care of Shiro as he got sicker but Shiro wanted to live his best life for as long as he could. Shiro was also really just...bad at relationships but they both really did love each other.

Sheith being end-game would...be good. Also why age Keith up to 21 if not to make the gap smaller between Shiro and Keith? There has literally been no explanation for it at all. Also Joaquim dos Santos is Shiro's #1 supporter and finds a way to bring up Shiro and Keith's relationship even when he doesn't have to.

The most recent interview with Hypable had JDS say "yeah, of course" when asked if they were directly comparing Adam and Keith.

Shiro and Adam are history.

But I'm not expecting Sheith to happen at all because having hope hurts. (I'm Sheith trash with 0 hope)

But yes, it is such a fantastic thing to see. Shiro has been this immaculate leader who everybody could rely on. He is the most popular character of the series and has been the face of the series since the start. It's really wonderful to see that Shiro can inspire others in so many ways, and also inspire young children with disabilities and young LGBT youths.

But get ready for S7 this Friday! Reviews have been raving about the season and how it will be a huge game-changer in many ways.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender - S7 August 10th

So, with Season 7 finally out, what are people's thoughts?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

So, with Season 7 finally out, what are people's thoughts?

I'm not part of this fandom or have ever seen this show but my Tumblr and Twitter feeds have a loud response to this season

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Best season yet. All of the Gundam, Eva, and other mech anime references gave me life.

I think the only thing I’m disappointed about is the Bury Your Gays trope coming into play, but Adam was always a plot device. I don’t think his death negates Shiro’s queer status and I don’t think killing Adam was as terrible of an offense that people are making it out to be.

My other complaint is really about how Cosmo conveniently disappears in the final episodes when his abilities would have solved numerous situations the Paladins and Shiro were in. Stuck in the brig? Cosmo could have teleported them out. Stuck on Sendak’s ship? Cosmo could have teleported Shiro out.

I stan IGF Atlas as a titan sized robot, the whole MFE squad because man James had a glow up, Leifdottir is great, Kinkade is beauty, Rizavi is my fav hot head, and then Veronica is SO GOOD. Veronica also has Ritsuko’s hair and glasses from Evangelion and I wanted to cry. Also, the Altean in the pod looks like Asuka and I’m nervous about what is about to happen. Haggar + the discovered Alteans + Lotor + the evil Alteans = me screaming in a few months

KudoTsurugi

Awards

Gotta agree, those twists were pretty crazy, and it was a good season overall. Hard to believe there's only one season left

SoulXaldin

Awards

I've been meaning to get into this series. Never thought there'd be this much hype towards a show about a giant robot comprised of 5 different parts. Guess I jumped super late in the bandwagon, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back