• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaferian

Awards
Re: Watch: Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

These videos made me desperately want to reply the series so, here I am.

5th playthrough of the PS4 collections, here I come lmao. Proud/Critical and I may try to actually 100% the damn things.

Oh, Nomura, what have you done to me?

EDIT: Is anyone else a little mad it's not Jiminy recounting the events? I know the Chain of Memories events disappeared, but I'm sure they could BS something about Castle Oblivion being included in the data Namine hid in the journal.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

These videos made me desperately want to reply the series so, here I am.

5th playthrough of the PS4 collections, here I come lmao. Proud/Critical and I may try to actually 100% the damn things.

Oh, Nomura, what have you done to me?

EDIT: Is anyone else a little mad it's not Jiminy recounting the events? I know the Chain of Memories events disappeared, but I'm sure they could BS something about Castle Oblivion being included in the data Namine hid in the journal.

I definitely would have loved Jiminy to narrate it as well, but I'm also not surprised they didn't think of it tbh. They always seem to go for the OG characters of Disney ones even when it makes perfect sense...

I have already been wanting to replay the series...but I still havent actually touched my HD DDD copy yet. Cuz I have been 100% KH2 and BBS. Which is taking a long time. I did 1 and CoM already...minus replaying CoM 2 more times since I have the PS3 versions..

Hirokey123

Awards

I'm honestly a little surprised that Days gets so much coverage yet BBS gets so little.

In the big picture, Days wasn't even that important as it is closely tied to the events of KH 2, which was omitted entirely.

Specifically Terra and Aqua feel almost like afterthoughts in these summary videos. Terra being the one who "qualified" Riku to be a Keyblade Wielder is even entirely omitted.
Ventus' supposed close connection to Sora and what that means in regards to Roxas also seems to be glossed over, but since the narration is in japanese I can't say if it is actually covered verbally by Chirithy.

That Chi is not included doesn't surprise me one bit as not only is its story largely unfinished, it is also a total mess on its own and nothing from it has really be cleared up at all so far.
Days has honestly always been more important to our characters than BBS even if the plot it was most important to was KH2 and CoM, Days still had bearing and presence driving plot in Coded, DDD, and let's be honest a lot of BBS amounted to explaining things from Days. As far as characters go Roxas, Xion, and Axel directly effect and have deep connections/relationships to Sora, Riku, Kairi, and the Organization. TAV are important but in the grand scheme of things what is more important to Sora's story and Sora as a person? Sora has been directly dealing with the ramification of RAX for almost his entire adventure post KH1. Even the most recent game DDD it's easy to see the Days crew were getting more screen time and focus than TAV in it.

To put it another way Roxas, Xion, and Axel affect Sora on a personal level that TAV don't because Sora has barely any relationship or interaction with them himself, Ventus is there with those two but he has effected Sora to a very minimal degree compared to Xion causing a huge mess up with is memories and Roxas's emotions echoing and haunting him. TAV set the seeds for the overall series but in the end it's not the seeds that matter so much so the plants that grow from them, that need tending and pruning and constantly absorb the life the gardener.

It doesn't seem like KH3 is moving away from that either with Nomura not seeing Aquanort as the huge twist it is, and going on to say that Roxas is one of the biggest secrets of KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Updated OP with English subs! Many thanks to Goldpanner and Saken for busting ass and helping translate the videos! You can watch them with English subs (turn on CC!)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: [English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

Sweet! I wanted to wait to watch them until there was a sub or dub.

It is interesting how two of the videos focused a lot on Xion. I’m starting to think the mystery of the 13th vessel will play out as a subplot in KH3 with Xion, Roxas, and Other Riku as potential candidates for the slot. Kairi, Sora, and Riku will each have stories involving one of those characters and we’ll have to see which one of them ends up being Norted.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: [English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

I rate these recaps 7.8/10.

"Too much Xion."

Much like the orchestra where we sat through like 10 minutes of nonstop Days 8D

Tempo

Awards

"Too much Xion."

it's almost like she's important or something

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

it's almost like she's important or something

my point is that i dislike her, idgaf if she's important

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I, too, am not down for the Xions.

I dug all of the Riku stuff, though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I will say I really love how they put these videos together. The combination of the scenes with the music is A+.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I would have liked Xion if the science for her existence wasn't so awkward...

Gaebora

Im fairly worried at chrithys voice for english. It sounds like a girl trying too hard to sound cute. I mean even Mickey’s voice has gravity shearly for his charcater and involvement. Both annoyingish but one tolerable.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Thanks for the translations. I've already passed the videos to some friends, can't wait to watch.

"Too much Xion."

Xion Xion Xion Xion.

Ya know, I think someone else mentioned there was a bunch of Days stuff. Is there a possibility she's a part of the plot in a big way in KH3? Or maybe we're to assume she is just as important with the involvement she's had thus far in Days. I don't know, don't wanna turn this into that conversation lol

So the titles are Departures, Memories, Twilight, Dawn, and Darkness. To those who've watched already (I won't be able to watch for awhile) out of curiosity are the Chapters divided or centered around entire games or just events related to the Chapter's "theme"? Like Xehanort-y stuff in Darkness, Roxas-y stuff in Twilight, Riku-y stuff in Dawn etc.

Also sucks/surprising how short these things are, thought they'd be much longer honestly

I also REALLY want physical copies of these things

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

So the titles are Departures, Memories, Twilight, Dawn, and Darkness. To those who've watched already (I won't be able to watch for awhile) out of curiosity are the Chapters divided or centered around entire games or just events related to the Chapter's "theme"? Like Xehanort-y stuff in Darkness, Roxas-y stuff in Twilight, Riku-y stuff in Dawn etc.

Like 50/50.

Departures covers KH1.
Memories covers Sora's side of CoM.
Twilight covers Days, focusing on the friendship between Roxas, Axel and Xion.
Dawn focuses on Riku's journey from CoM up until he releases the darkness and takes Ansem SoD's form in the fight against Roxas. His growth in following events is only referenced at the end.
Darkness is about Master Xehanort and his ambitions.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Seeing Saix’s hatred of Xion all over again makes me wonder if he ultimately hated her because he didn’t like the idea of a ‘worthless’ doll becoming a Xehanort. I wonder if being thrown to the wayside by Lea had him a bit worried that Xemnas would throw Saix away and replace him with a doll if the nortification process didn’t work.

I’m glad these recaps get my mind working and thinking about new points of views and scenarios!

KeyToDestiny

Awards

Seeing Saix’s hatred of Xion all over again makes me wonder if he ultimately hated her because he didn’t like the idea of a ‘worthless’ doll becoming a Xehanort. I wonder if being thrown to the wayside by Lea had him a bit worried that Xemnas would throw Saix away and replace him with a doll if the nortification process didn’t work.

I’m glad these recaps get my mind working and thinking about new points of views and scenarios!

That's an interesting perspective there. Makes me also wonder just how much did Saix actually know about this Xehanort stuff. He's norted back then but while Xemnas and Xigbar know far more than him, Saix had to have known something.

But then his plan to betray Xemnas comes to mind..

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Days has honestly always been more important to our characters than BBS even if the plot it was most important to was KH2 and CoM, Days still had bearing and presence driving plot in Coded, DDD, and let's be honest a lot of BBS amounted to explaining things from Days. As far as characters go Roxas, Xion, and Axel directly effect and have deep connections/relationships to Sora, Riku, Kairi, and the Organization. TAV are important but in the grand scheme of things what is more important to Sora's story and Sora as a person? Sora has been directly dealing with the ramification of RAX for almost his entire adventure post KH1. Even the most recent game DDD it's easy to see the Days crew were getting more screen time and focus than TAV in it.

To put it another way Roxas, Xion, and Axel affect Sora on a personal level that TAV don't because Sora has barely any relationship or interaction with them himself, Ventus is there with those two but he has effected Sora to a very minimal degree compared to Xion causing a huge mess up with is memories and Roxas's emotions echoing and haunting him. TAV set the seeds for the overall series but in the end it's not the seeds that matter so much so the plants that grow from them, that need tending and pruning and constantly absorb the life the gardener.

It doesn't seem like KH3 is moving away from that either with Nomura not seeing Aquanort as the huge twist it is, and going on to say that Roxas is one of the biggest secrets of KH3.

BOOM! There it is .

They put too much effort into Day’s writing, why let it go to waste.

Awards
Re: Watch: Chirthy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

Short and sweet. Not that I understand or anything lol. I'm not sure what to believe from Nomura anymore. He said a few hours long, but we obviously didnt get the joke.

There was no joke. Nomura did not say the recap would be a few hours long. This tweet explains where the misunderstanding came from: https://twitter.com/DKHF4/status/1008924064432320512

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back