• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Nomura Art Released to Celebrate Kingdom Hearts' 15th Anniversary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Re: New Nomura Art Released to Celebrate Kingdom Hearts' 15th Anniversary

its clear that sora is petting a reincarnated eraqus. to quote master xehanorr, "you sly fox"

59d.gif

you know what, that's probably what it is

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Hello, I've been reading this forum for a long time but that's the first time I com to post.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else thinks that the bottom right painting may be of Larxene. The music note makes me think about Demyx or Neku but under it there is some kind of hair "antenna" similar to hers.
This series has so many characters with gravity-defying spiky hair, a spike of hair really doesn't narrow the possibilities down.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Hello, I've been reading this forum for a long time but that's the first time I com to post.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else thinks that the bottom right painting may be of Larxene. The music note makes me think about Demyx or Neku but under it there is some kind of hair "antenna" similar to hers.

Interesting observation. I don't see any signs she'd possibly return to the series, but it's interesting to think about nevertheless :D

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Interesting observation. I don't see any signs she'd possibly return to the series, but it's interesting to think about nevertheless :D
i would like to see the full artwork i hope he reveals it close to kh relase date

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

I quite like the new art. By having Sora sit on the throne and wear a crown, it reminds the watcher of the image that was drawn at the time of KH1. By having him wear his KH3 clothes there is a link to the future. So this artwork combines the past and the future into a single image, which is pretty nice.

I at first thought that paintings/pictures on the walls would be something like past memories, but as others have pointed out they are blurred so they probably have some kind of cryptic message/hint buried in them. Sneaky Nomura continues to be sneaky.

The animal in Sora`s lap indeed looks like a fox.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Thank you so much, FudgeMint! You're seriously the best! ^_^ That third picture definitely looks like a person to me now, and I do think that it's Neku.

I swear, if the TWEWY stuff ends up being somehow plot relevant to KHIII.... after I just made a post on Tumblr saying that it won't be...

Also, KH13 had this to say about the animal in Sora's lap: "[FONT=&quot]Finally, we can see Sora is holding an animal on his lap, one that resembles a canid. As an interesting note, next year is the Year of the Dog in the Chinese calendar."

[/FONT]
Could that maybe be the case? And could it be hinting that KHIII's coming out next year? -remembers that calendar from the E3 2015 trailer, that had a month in it that looks exactly like how that same month is going to look in 2018-

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Thank you so much, FudgeMint! You're seriously the best! ^_^ That third picture definitely looks like a person to me now, and I do think that it's Neku.

I swear, if the TWEWY stuff ends up being somehow plot relevant to KHIII.... after I just made a post on Tumblr saying that it won't be...

Also, KH13 had this to say about the animal in Sora's lap: "Finally, we can see Sora is holding an animal on his lap, one that resembles a canid. As an interesting note, next year is the Year of the Dog in the Chinese calendar."

Could that maybe be the case? And could it be hinting that KHIII's coming out next year? -remembers that calendar from the E3 2015 trailer, that had a month in it that looks exactly like how that same month is going to look in 2018-
i don't know light until we have calender picture of the whole thing we dont know yet so i still leaning towards a fox still until proven otherwise i mean if it cleaver way to 2018 fork h3 then nomura is a claver sneack

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I live to serve, LightUpTheSky~

And...wait....
GIfFsjH.jpg

What's that thing between the 2 and 8? It looks like.......

709b6c06aa722a1b37d3173fc0708888.jpg

raw

OH MY GOD! GUYS THE PERSON IN THE FIRST PAINTING IS CLOUD!!
That thingy is one of the screws on his pauldron! That's Cloud! Ahhhhhh!

Wait...FFVII Remake is happening, so... could the paintings be of games NOMURA IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON?!?!?!?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

And...wait....
GIfFsjH.jpg

raw

Wait...FFVII Remake is happening, so... could the paintings be of games NOMURA IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON?!?!?!?

...It's a possibility I suppose. But then again, I really don't think that it'd be in Square Enix's best interest to use Kingdom Hearts III promotion as promotion for all their other games, that'd feel far too shoe-horned in for my tastes.

I really have a gut feeling that it's the original Forteller's. After all, they've been recorded in history as the "Lost Keyblade Masters". Maybe the portraits are censored because their identities have been revealed through these portraits.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Oh god, if it's literally a piece featuring all the games Nomura is doing right now, I may die. That sounds too good to be true.

Squood!

seibah
Awards

And...wait....
GIfFsjH.jpg

raw

Waht if that painting, if it is indeed Cloud, foreshadows his return in KH3? Or FF characters in general having a bigger role?

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Just like Frozen being in KH3, I think we can all assume Cloud will be in KH3. They still have the final act of the Sephiroth subplot to finish, and it'll be good advertising for FFVIIR.

Squood!

seibah
Awards

Just like Frozen being in KH3, I think we can all assume Cloud will be in KH3. They still have the final act of the Sephiroth subplot to finish, and it'll be good advertising for FFVIIR.
Sephiroth fight in KH3: Two Forms. Human, and Safer-Sephiroth. Full version of One Winged Angel. Cloud is a party member. IMAGINE IT~

.xone

Awards

This artwork throws me to be back where I started KH.. I really like dual reference of first KH and Noctis there.

Ooh, Sora's got some edge in this picture. I wonder if this could be a reflection of his personality in KHIII?

Yeah. I like those edgy smile, make me feels like wanting to meet Vanitas again at this point.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

I think you're right, FudgeMint. I think it IS supposed to be Cloud--which would kind of go hand-in-hand with how they honored FFVII's anniversary with a KHIII screenshot this year.

And if that one picture really is supposed to be Neku, and I think it is, then I think the theory about this being all the games that Nomura's working on makes a lot of sense:)

Especially since all three of those games all have anniversaries this year: It's FFVII's twentieth (as well as FF in general's thirtieth), KH's fifteenth, and TWEWY's tenth.

IIRC, it's also some sort of anniversary for Final Fantasy Tactics this year. Do you think that's what the one portrait could be of? I don't know enough about Tactics to say for sure, but maybe it could be a Nomura-esque Ovelia we're seeing there? Or something like that?

But do you guys think that they could be working on a Tactics thing, that Nomura might be assisting on?

Or what about FFI? Does the portrait look like anyone from that first Final Fantasy game, that Nomura might be paying homage to here? A Nomura-esque Sarah, maybe?

And if we're talking about all of Nomura's games (or, at least, games that started out as Nomura's), maybe that girl is Stella (or Luna, if we're talking XV)... Hinting at Versus XIII/FFXV type things to be in KHIII? Or maybe even hinting at the Versus XV rumor, that we all know isn't happening?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

wait if one them is cloud there got to be reyne or lann from world of final fantasy since he work on that game as well and since we got medals from woff already in unchained/union x i reckon theat reynn and lann will be in kh3

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

wait if one them is cloud there got to be reyne or lann from world of final fantasy since he work on that game as well and since we got medals from woff already in unchained/union x i reckon theat reynn and lann will be in kh3

That's a good thought, actually! And coincidentally, weren't Square Enix North America talking about wanting Lann and Reynn in KHIII in their stream?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

That's a good thought, actually! And coincidentally, weren't Square Enix North America talking about wanting Lann and Reynn in KHIII in their stream?
i dont remember but i would like to see the full drawing firt before jumping to a conclusion

Sivery

This series has so many characters with gravity-defying spiky hair, a spike of hair really doesn't narrow the possibilities down.

It's the fact that the rest of the hair looks flat that made me thinks of her.

Apparently, Marluxia will be back. I think it would be interesting to see her return too.

Anyway, It is probably not her. There is no apparent reason for Nomura to put her there but I learned to not exclude anything with him. Just wanted to share the thought to see if anyone else saw it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Ya know, even if the top right painting wasn't blurred, I'd still have no idea what it is. XD

If we go by the theory that it's Nomura games having a major anniversary, it could be Parasite Eve since next year would be its 20th. But I don't know squat about that series so the painting still looks like nothing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back