• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS Union ? [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

If that translation is correct I really wonder at least a little about it.
Wasn't it Terra who gave him that shortened Nickname first?
I remember Old Baldynort always calling him by his full name too.

Yea, lol, it is a little of a dorky quirk as if I recall correctly in Harry Potter Ron Weasley also introduced himself almost always only as "Ron".
His mother and teachers like McGonagall were the only ones to actually call him "Ronald".

Maybe Nomura thinks this is a sort of "catchphrase" for Ven just like Axel/Lea's "got it memorized?" or Xemnas' "Indeeeed" and Braig/Xigbar's "As if!".

I think it was the novels that said Terra gave him that nickname because Terra couldn't pronounce Ventus. So I guess that part of the book-canon is crossed out.

It must be a catch phrase. I think he said it 6 times in BbS? Maybe I'm overcalculating

I like that characteristic of him too, it's very unique to the series. You never hear anyone call Roxas "Roxie" or anything (although now that I think about it i'm all for that)

I can't think of anyone else who has a nickname in the series.... other than the ones we give them. I mean, Xehanort completely rips Ansem off, but that's not a nickname.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS Union ? [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

I really want the purple-haired girl from one of the X/Unchained X quests to be one of the five. Mainly because this series needs more girls, and I'm worried they're going to use those two guys from the Beast Castle's mission (and they totally will), so that we'll have four boys and one girl. At least with the Foretellers we had three guys and two girls! But anyway...

I'm hyped about this Ven stuff, because I think he and Terra could use some development. Tbh, I have a love-hate relationship with Ven. At first I hated him for calling Aqua "awful" for doubting Terra... right after she had assured him that Terra was okay. Hypocrite, much? And then it bothered me that he didn't listen to Aqua (like he should've), and then just went to other worlds to try and make new friends--instead of working things out with Terra and Aqua! But then I just realized that he's a foolish and sweet child (and I should excuse him some, and not take too much of what he does to heart for that reason), and that he was AWESOME by the end of his story... So if we're going to get more of him and see him develop more in Union X (err, that's what the game's called, right?), then I'm all for it.

I also, personally, hope that Ventus is a dandelion. Expanding on his past would be cool to me. Because it's always irked me that we have no idea, where TVA are from or what their lives were like before they became Keyblade wielders (at least we know that with SRK), so here's hoping for that information with this!

Anyway, I have to say that this came at a good time! I was just about to give up on playing Unchained, tbh (SENA's unfair greed just finally got to me), but this has given me reason to tough it out and keep playing, probably:)

Also, Chi continues to be one of my favorite stories for this franchise, tbh. I love it so much. ^_^ ...I just hate how spread out it all is. It's like what ended up happening with FFXV's story. Ehh.

@kirabook A lot of fans call Kairi "Kai", because of that moment in KHII when Sora hasn't completely remembered her name yet and calls her that in his memories. But it doesn't really count, I know.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I like that characteristic of him too, it's very unique to the series. You never hear anyone call Roxas "Roxie" or anything (although now that I think about it i'm all for that)

Most nicknames or shortened variants come indeed from the fandom, although Xigbar/Braig is notorious in-series for using some like i.e. "Kiddo" for Sora, Ven and Roxas alike, "Poppet" for Xion or "Tiger" for Roxas alone.

Having a true nickname directly derived from one's actual name in-universe though I think is still unique to Ventus, just like his backhand wielding being his default stance.
We have seen both Riku and Sora backhand-wield, but that was only temporary and is not their primary battle style.
Young Xehanort also wields his blue laserblades in a dual backhand style like Zidane from FF IX, but I dunno if that counts since when he has a Keyblade, he wields it normal in forward style.

I think it was the novels that said Terra gave him that nickname because Terra couldn't pronounce Ventus. So I guess that part of the book-canon is crossed out.

It must be a catch phrase. I think he said it 6 times in BbS? Maybe I'm overcalculating

I can't think of anyone else who has a nickname in the series.... other than the ones we give them. I mean, Xehanort completely rips Ansem off, but that's not a nickname.

That was from the novels? Heh, must be, as I couldn't find the passage in BBS' dialogue script. Then it is of arbitrary canon value anyways and should not be fully taken into consideration either way.
Goofy however really did have problems pronouncing Ven's full name, which I find a little ridiculous as his full name is actually one of the easier ones, except of course if the pronouncing is really difficult in Japanese which can't really be "translated" well.

He did give it some variation though in some cases at least?

Tbh, I have a love-hate relationship with Ven. At first I hated him for calling Aqua "awful" for doubting Terra... right after she had assured him that Terra was okay. Hypocrite, much? And then it bothered me that he didn't listen to Aqua (like he should've), and then just went to other worlds to try and make new friends--instead of working things out with Terra and Aqua! But then I just realized that he's a foolish and sweet child (and I should excuse him some, and not take too much of what he does to heart for that reason), and that he was AWESOME by the end of his story... So if we're going to get more of him and see him develop more in Union X (err, that's what the game's called, right?), then I'm all for it.

I also, personally, hope that Ventus is a dandelion. Expanding on his past would be cool to me. Because it's always irked me that we have no idea, where TVA are from or what their lives were like before they became Keyblade wielders (at least we know that with SRK), so here's hoping for that information with this!

Also, Chi continues to be one of my favorite stories for this franchise, tbh. I love it so much. ^_^ ...I just hate how spread out it all is. It's like what ended up happening with FFXV's story. Ehh.

Well, Ventus is simply not used to his friends bickering like that and thus couldn't really handle the situation.
He didn't listen to her because in his view, she was also "ordered" by Eraqus to bring him home (Aqua didn't object to this when he asked so her telling him later she's worried about his safety doesn't really convince him anymore, not to mention that he wanted to travel together with Aqua where he would be undoubtly have been safer than alone and she was the one to reject him).
It is precisely because Ventus doesn't know how to handle this "fallout" with his friends and how to "work things out" that he decides to roam the worlds more and try to make new friends.
This is in order to learn more about how friendship actually works and what possibilities there are to "work things out", or, to say it with Vanitas' words: "Come on, what could you possibly know when you're stuck here, looking at nothing but what's in your tiny world?"
Ventus does all this to expand his own horizon and views on things and in each world he visits after Radiant Garden (Lea and Isa actually giving the starting shot as the first example) he learns about some different aspects that friendship can be about, aspects he didn't get to learn in the overly sheltered environment of Land of Departure.

I can see from where you come, but extending his "past" by thousands of years is a little overdoing it in my view, lol.
Then there's also the valid concern some have already expressed here that a too tight connection of Ventus to the past could possibly damage his connection and integration with the present characters, especially Terra and Aqua but also Sora.

This is a concern I share as well. They just have led all the old story material concerning the present era together on the PS 4 to "combat" the spread out and now they start it anew with Unchained X/Union cross and since Ventus is in it as well as Maleficent teased earlier, one can't convince me that the stuff that is about to unfold and come here is less important in relation to KH III than the one-hour filler-teaser that is X Back Cover.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

So it looks like we get a really nice bonus if enough pre-registrations take place. Top prize is 5000 Jewels and enough of a new Upright Speed Medal to Guilt it. Really hope that Sora and Roxas turns out to be AoE...I still need a good guilted Upright AoE Speed Medal.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Well, Ventus is simply not used to his friends bickering like that and thus couldn't really handle the situation. He didn't listen to her because in his view, she was also "ordered" by Eraqus to bring him home (Aqua didn't object to this when he asked so her telling him later she's worried about his safety doesn't really convince him anymore, not to mention that he wanted to travel together with Aqua where he would be undoubtly have been safer than alone and she was the one to reject him).
It is precisely because Ventus doesn't know how to handle this "fallout" with his friends and how to "work things out" that he decides to roam the worlds more and try to make new friends.
This is in order to learn more about how friendship actually works and what possibilities there are to "work things out", or, to say it with Vanitas' words: "Come on, what could you possibly know when you're stuck here, looking at nothing but what's in your tiny world?"
Ventus does all this to expand his own horizon and views on things and in each world he visits after Radiant Garden (Lea and Isa actually giving the starting shot as the first example) he learns about some different aspects that friendship can be about, aspects he didn't get to learn in the overly sheltered environment of Land of Departure.

You bring up some good points:) I actually hadn't thought about how what Ven's doing in BbS is actually what Vanitas suggested he do. But that's actually a really important factor that I definitely overlooked!

I should have made it clear in my initial post that that negativity I felt for Ven was moreso on my first playthrough of BbS (sorry for the confusion ^_^'). But since then, I've mellowed out and actually like the character quite a bit. And her certainly has a lot of potential, as a character whose personality is somewhere between Sora and Roxas'.

There are sometimes when he still bothers me, though (like, I recently realized he puts air quotes around the word "ordered" when talking to Aqua. "Were you also 'ordered' to take me home?", almost as if he didn't believe Aqua was actually told to do that by Eraqus!), but even that I can push down and just remember that BbS just had bad writing with the trio, and that Ven's only a child.

Then there's also the valid concern some have already expressed here that a too tight connection of Ventus to the past could possibly damage his connection and integration with the present characters, especially Terra and Aqua but also Sora.

I guess this one doesn't bother me as much. Because I think we'll still get those things in KHIII. But if Nomura wants to develop other relationships for Ven through this, where's the harm? Other people have talked about how other characters have friends outside of their trios in this forum and that's very true. Sora has Donald and Goofy, Riku has Mickey... there's Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette, as other people have said.

There was Sora, Riku Replica, and Namine in Re:Chain of Memories. And then you even have Roxas, Namine, and Axel all having interactions with each other in II (as opposed to Roxas, Axel, and Xion). And even Riku and Namine... Riku and Axel... and some Ansem the Wise, Riku, and Namine stuff (though Ansem could hardly be called friends with them, I know)... Some Sora, Riku, and Lea encounters in DDD (and presumably some Lea and Kairi ones in the future, maybe?), etc.

So having some Ventus, Ephemer, and Skuld being friends with each other doesn't seem that outlandish or damaging to me. But I can understand why others wouldn't agree.

This is a concern I share as well. They just have led all the old story material concerning the present era together on the PS 4 to "combat" the spread out and now they start it anew with Unchained X/Union cross and since Ventus is in it as well as Maleficent teased earlier, one can't convince me that the stuff that is about to unfold and come here is less important in relation to KH III than the one-hour filler-teaser that is X Back Cover.

I knew this was going to happen from the moment Nomura revealed that X and Unchained X were going to be different. I was reassured for a while, when it became clear that Unchained X would retell all of X's story before jumping into new things (that hopefully X players would also get to play, or look up online), but then the movie happened and...

It ruined everything. And I'm saying that as a massive fan of it. But Back Cover is so not something you can watch by itself, if you want to get the full story here.

I get why they handled Back Cover as they did, because if it had covered everything people would wonder what the point of Unchained X being a thing even was. And I understand that with "Season 2" (now Union X), Nomura's trying to tide us over until KHIII (which is nice of him), but now it's just created a huge mess. And I feel sorry for people on the outside trying to figure it all out.

Maybe KH was just never meant to be easy to understand, sadly. But all of this after they finally got all the games together on one console:(

This is somewhat off-topic... But I guess this just goes to show I shouldn't be so sure that Nomura could've handled parts of XV any better than Tabata did. I, and many fans, are irritated at Tabata for making it so you couldn't understand XV without also watching Kingsglaive and Brotherhood with it. But then Nomura went and did this with Chi. So yeah... Who's to say that the structure of XV's narrative would have been handled any better with Nomura?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

That's all stuff which is called theorizing, wishful thinking and making interpretations and/or headcanons, nothing to be taken as confirmed fact since nothing towards this particular point was actually officially confirmed anywhere.

Because that would have been a huge spoiler or Ventus' role is remarkable bigger. Ephemer also wasn't at the meeting so it isn't really an indicator.
Not to mention that Ventus' words in the trailer indicate he too spoke alone with Ava at some point.
Ahh... and here I thought the fanbase decided who the trios are and what the trios nicknames are.

Very true. But I do want a in-game explanation as to where Ventus was during Season 1 (if he was there at all) and most importantly, how he got in contact with Madam Ava (they will probably show that though).

Possible, but not more likely than any other possibilities right now. Remember that this translation is a rough one and the poster even said it may hold several errors especially in the parts of the MoM speaking.
Fact is though that by giving one of the five "new" leaders a BoP there might be another copy of it (if it isn't Ava's copy that gets passed down).

If he doesn't know the Keyhole he locks is a Sleeping Keyhole why would he immediately know that this is a dream world?
I doubt that Lea remembers much of their meeting as it was a really short one-time deal, him not reacting to Roxas' appearance at all (while both Xigbar and Xemnas do take note and mention it at least in the Secret Reports) also points otherwise.
In DDD Lea also shows much more interest in Isa and Roxas and about the latter he even has a dream/vision shortly before waking up.
But copies of the Foretellers end at the Keyblade War right? So Ava's copy would be useless now.

So then he would inadvertently unlock the Sleeping Keyhole. He isn't aware it's a Sleeping Keyhole.
I did suspect that. But I really loved the chemistry between the two (in that one scene), so I hope that Ventus still remembers Lea. Might even make a funny conversation between the two. Eitherway, whether they remember each other or not, that team up will be awesome.

It could be a connection, although that would imply Sora having connections to the chi-era as well. Like said above, there are still several unknown variables in play, but locations in the RoS can definitely reached via dreaming alone if you are inside the RoS so no time travel is needed and no rule that a "version of you" must be there applies either. The sleeping worlds Sora and Riku visit in DDD are aso from the past (from before KH 1 to be precise) and they interact in them without having actually time traveled there.
The reason Yen Sid used time travel to send them to the Destiny Islands of the past (shortly before it fell to Darkness) was done in order to provide Sora and Riku an entry point into the RoS, Ventus, being a sleeping heart (just like the hearts of the worlds Sora and Riku visited) doesn't need that extra step.
Sora's and Riku's younger appearance was Yen Sid's doing, not any memory shenanigans.
So their case isn't really comparable to Ventus'.
Not if the Ventus visiting the chi-era is the only post-first heart split but before starting training under Eraqus, in this case he wouldn't be able to remember any shoulder pauldron or armor because he didn't get it yet.
When Xehanort first brings him to Eraqus four years before BBS he has the same younger apperance without shoulder pauldron and cheststraps as he is supposed to be 10/11 around that time (the model in BBS doesn't reflect that because they were too lazy to create a younger model for the flashbacks, same goes for Terra and Aqua). Due to his heart being still damaged (newborn Sora stabilized it, not fully healed it), he falls comatose under Terra's ill-advised barrage of questions and then remains that way for apparently several days with Aqua watching over him, still being in his younger appearance.
Even after he wakes, we don't know how long the recuperation process took until he was stable enough to actually start training with Terra and Aqua and only then would Eraqus give him the cheststraps and shoulder pauldron.

Of course they "could" assign Ven a Chirithy (who is "they" though? Ava? Another Foreteller? I doubt the Dandelions have the power/right to assign Chirithies among themselves), but wouldn't they first wonder why Ventus doesn't have one in the first place?
On this notion it would be interesting to see the conversation between Ventus and Ava and what she said to him. If Ventus is not originating from the x-era I wonder if Ava would know/recognize that.
Nightmare Chirithy was created not only from collecting Guilt/darkness with the bangle (Ira explicitly stated this part of the whole procedure to be okay in Back Cover) but also from unwittingly/unknowingly using it.
Considering this, I wonder if this process is exactly what first introduced darkness into the hearts of the people of the x-era, in accordance with the part speaking about it from the story of Kairi's grandma.
Going by this, if Ventus would not only collect Guilt but also use it it could possibly lead to a Nightmare Chirithy to be born from the Darkness gathered from defeated Heartless with the bangle either way.
Wait did they have to go to Destiny Islands again? Is it the same case as when a world is about to fall in Darkness only then you can get to the RoD? When a world is about to fall into the RoS you can only enter the RoS? I should probably start playing DDD HD...
Yes, I saw you post that idea earlier, and while that is possible I doubt it. Because that alone already rises a few questions. Did Ventus just have a whole RoS experience in just a few days (a week at most) and then wake up with no memories of it? Could be plausible because he was unstable at the time. But if this is what happens to Ventus after he passes out for a few days (due to Heart failures), what would happen to Ventus when he is passed out for over a decade with a complete shattered Heart?

Yeah, it's more just me being curious about what would happen to a Chirithy who has a Player with a Heart of Pure Light. Probably wouldn't fit story wise. The only moment he could have been assigned a Chirithy was when he interacted with Ava.
So it doesn't matter if the Heart of person is pure light or light and dark, if they use the Guilt Bangle, a Dark Chirithy will be born because it's not the Darkness of the persons heart, but the Darkness of the Heartless he defeated and collected in the Bangle?

Them being the Lost Masters is almost clear at this point I would say.

Strictly spoken in the RoS you are "outside of time" so that wouldn't be an issue.
Also no, did Riku and Sora immediately stop to exist in a sleeping world when they unlocked the Sleeping Keyhole?

You bring an intriguing point to the table here as, even when we ignore the question if Ven truly originates from the past era for now, he definitely has a sort of tight connection to it somehow and, like Ephemer and Skuld, can access the Unchained realm.

Going by that, it is entirely possible that Xehanort is after Ventus for additional reasons compared to it just being pedo-urges...err, I mean vessel-business.
Yeah, I think we would all agree on that. I just thought it got a bit lost in all the recent information we've gotten and the fact that the trailer is a few years old. Because this makes me wonder why they refer to them as Lost Masters and not Foretellers.

Well I thought we were talking about it in another way, like: You enter RoS, go to your time and place you want and thus "exist" (but how do we define existing?) there. Then go back to the RoL or RoD. And then time travel to that time and place in the RoL or RoD because you did exist in a RoS version. And the moment someone unlocks the Keyhole, you access point to that time and place will be gone because your RoS version stopped existing. I thought we were talking about it in that way.
Sora and Riku always left the world after they unlocked it? Like I said, DDD is weird. I just don't...

No Name lead Xehanort to him because they both have a connection to the Chi era, knowingly or unknowingly to Xehanort?
i wonder if we'll get a rebranding every season (if they do more than two)
I doubt it. Season one was Chi and Ux. Which took 3 years. Ux took 1, but it just reused almost everything from Chi. So I think Season two will atleast take 2 years. Unless they decide to do it without fillers and go straight through the main story, I think it will take 2-3 years. Also, with KH3 drawing near (or so we hope) I don't think they can squeeze in another season.
So it looks like we get a really nice bonus if enough pre-registrations take place. Top prize is 5000 Jewels and enough of a new Upright Speed Medal to Guilt it. Really hope that Sora and Roxas turns out to be AoE...I still need a good guilted Upright AoE Speed Medal.
Hmm, I'm all for 5k Jewels. Honestly not that much for something as major as this. But it's the highest we've ever gotten, so I'll take it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

I doubt it. Season one was Chi and Ux. Which took 3 years. Ux took 1, but it just reused almost everything from Chi. So I think Season two will atleast take 2 years. Unless they decide to do it without fillers and go straight through the main story, I think it will take 2-3 years. Also, with KH3 drawing near (or so we hope) I don't think they can squeeze in another season.
yeah i'm not really under the impression that unchained will end with kh3? so long as it makes money i can see it being supported theoretically.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

yeah i'm not really under the impression that unchained will end with kh3? so long as it makes money i can see it being supported theoretically.
Uhh... how would they continue the game theoretically? Coz the moment this game loses it's importance to the story I'm out.

After KH3 the Xehanort Saga will be over, why continue this game. The most plausible thing to do (if they want to keep the munnyz) is to make a new game for the new Saga. Give that game story importance.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

Uhh... how would they continue the game theoretically? Coz the moment this game loses it's importance to the story I'm out.
It's not hard to imagine scenarios. I'm sure most of us pre-KHx would've been like "How will they continue the game past the Keyblade War?" and here we are. It really depends how the story progresses, and how it connects to KH3 whether or not they could continue it, or find new stories to tell.

The game is a big money maker, so they're likely going to want to keep it going for as long as it is viable, and it's definitely built in such a way that it can keep going.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

It's not hard to imagine scenarios. I'm sure most of us pre-KHx would've been like "How will they continue the game past the Keyblade War?" and here we are. It really depends how the story progresses, and how it connects to KH3 whether or not they could continue it, or find new stories to tell.

The game is a big money maker, so they're likely going to want to keep it going for as long as it is viable, and it's definitely built in such a way that it can keep going.
So basically what they are doing right now with the app, but then for a whole new Saga?

Caxinuld

Awards
I'm really confused by Ventus appearing in this game, does anyone have an official explanation for his appearance?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sweet, lady Jesus.. I have no other immediate words or thoughts on this trailer..

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You bring up some good points:) I actually hadn't thought about how what Ven's doing in BbS is actually what Vanitas suggested he do. But that's actually a really important factor that I definitely overlooked!

I should have made it clear in my initial post that that negativity I felt for Ven was moreso on my first playthrough of BbS (sorry for the confusion ^_^'). But since then, I've mellowed out and actually like the character quite a bit. And her certainly has a lot of potential, as a character whose personality is somewhere between Sora and Roxas'.

There are sometimes when he still bothers me, though (like, I recently realized he puts air quotes around the word "ordered" when talking to Aqua. "Were you also 'ordered' to take me home?", almost as if he didn't believe Aqua was actually told to do that by Eraqus!), but even that I can push down and just remember that BbS just had bad writing with the trio, and that Ven's only a child.
Aqua actually references it too when she is in Dwarf Woodlands and has the flashback about Ven awakening, that it might be time for Ventus to actually start a journey and learn.

Nah, it's ok, you know how I like my essay-long lore posts, lol.
Nearly all of the characters in Birth by Sleep have very good potential that was also hinted at in BBS, but then only scratched on the surface.
The shoddy writing, especially in some parts with dialogue, and setting the wrong priorities with the scenario then did the rest of making BBS and its characters what they are today.

That one comes over to me more as him being sassy/sarcastic, but the Radiant Garden scene is nonethelless one of the more glaringly bad written pieces in BBS as a whole.
At least mentally spoken Ventus strictly is still a child. He has only four years worth of memories at that point combined with a very sheltered upbringing in Land of Departure.
Due to him arriving there in a pitiful and weakened state both Aqua and Terra (as stated in the reports) develop a sort of overprotective streak towards him which of course also factors into the "sheltered upbringing" part.

I guess this one doesn't bother me as much. Because I think we'll still get those things in KHIII. But if Nomura wants to develop other relationships for Ven through this, where's the harm? Other people have talked about how other characters have friends outside of their trios in this forum and that's very true. Sora has Donald and Goofy, Riku has Mickey... there's Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette, as other people have said.

There was Sora, Riku Replica, and Namine in Re:Chain of Memories. And then you even have Roxas, Namine, and Axel all having interactions with each other in II (as opposed to Roxas, Axel, and Xion). And even Riku and Namine... Riku and Axel... and some Ansem the Wise, Riku, and Namine stuff (though Ansem could hardly be called friends with them, I know)... Some Sora, Riku, and Lea encounters in DDD (and presumably some Lea and Kairi ones in the future, maybe?), etc.

So having some Ventus, Ephemer, and Skuld being friends with each other doesn't seem that outlandish or damaging to me. But I can understand why others wouldn't agree.
I personally am completely with you on this one, lol, I brought forth these or similar arguments for this issue somewhile earlier in this thread as well.

Sora already has two trios he's part of so why shouldn't Ventus be able to have the same.

I knew this was going to happen from the moment Nomura revealed that X and Unchained X were going to be different. I was reassured for a while, when it became clear that Unchained X would retell all of X's story before jumping into new things (that hopefully X players would also get to play, or look up online), but then the movie happened and...

It ruined everything. And I'm saying that as a massive fan of it. But Back Cover is so not something you can watch by itself, if you want to get the full story here.

I get why they handled Back Cover as they did, because if it had covered everything people would wonder what the point of Unchained X being a thing even was. And I understand that with "Season 2" (now Union X), Nomura's trying to tide us over until KHIII (which is nice of him), but now it's just created a huge mess. And I feel sorry for people on the outside trying to figure it all out.

Maybe KH was just never meant to be easy to understand, sadly. But all of this after they finally got all the games together on one console:(

This is somewhat off-topic... But I guess this just goes to show I shouldn't be so sure that Nomura could've handled parts of XV any better than Tabata did. I, and many fans, are irritated at Tabata for making it so you couldn't understand XV without also watching Kingsglaive and Brotherhood with it. But then Nomura went and did this with Chi. So yeah... Who's to say that the structure of XV's narrative would have been handled any better with Nomura?

Blegh, if I have to be completely honest I would've preferred if all this Chi-stuff, if it really has to be canon, had been moved to the next saga and not also be added on the already huge cluster of stuff that has to be already addressed in KH III by the other games.
I seriously can't remember if there was ever a KH title that answered more questions than it opened new ones, and I am deliberately counting reports here as well.

Don't get me wrong I like Back Cover as well mainly for the really good animation, voice work and to get a little more insight into the Foretellers, but lore/story-wise and in terms of accessibility to more casual fans it is a catastrophe and really nothing more than a giant teaser.

KH could be easier to understand if all the lore information would be easier to access and digest. I.5 + 2.5 and 2.8 in tandem certainly go a long way to this, especially if one also counts the chronicles and mementos in DDD, but all the Ultimania/interview exclusive stuff and now the Union cross-stuff is still missing.
Heck, the story parts that are exclusive to Browser Chi like i.e. Aced's "fascist"-leaning "solution", Gula's conversation with Skuld, Ava's confrontation with Luxu etc. are practically all totally inaccessible for western casuals except if they go through the youtube-walkthough of story scenes.
Back Cover "covers" nothing from this because it stops at the scene where Ava adresses the Dandelions time-line wise.

Tabata and Nomura aren't so different when it comes to storytelling actually, i.e. when one looks at Final Fantasy Type-0 which was directed by Tabata. Many of the interesting and informative story parts, even whole cutscenes, can be only read/viewed through the big "Rubicus"-book in the library of Akademeia and also only after the secon playthrough.

Ahh... and here I thought the fanbase decided who the trios are and what the trios nicknames are.

Very true. But I do want a in-game explanation as to where Ventus was during Season 1 (if he was there at all) and most importantly, how he got in contact with Madam Ava (they will probably show that though).
They actually do...in fanworks that is. ;P

Heh, I wouldn't really count on that being too detailed, maybe we'll get some small flashbacks but that might be it. Unless Ventus does become not only friendly/a regular companion to Ephemer, Skuld and possibly the unknown other two, but also with the Player avatar, it is not even sure that we as the audience see him very often. Ephemer's screentime in "Season 1" was rather rare and Skuld, while more present, was also only around for a few story quests.
Of course, Nomura said these five are "key characters" so their screentime might increase, but on that we also can only wait and see.

But copies of the Foretellers end at the Keyblade War right? So Ava's copy would be useless now.

So then he would inadvertently unlock the Sleeping Keyhole. He isn't aware it's a Sleeping Keyhole.
I did suspect that. But I really loved the chemistry between the two (in that one scene), so I hope that Ventus still remembers Lea. Might even make a funny conversation between the two. Eitherway, whether they remember each other or not, that team up will be awesome.
Good point, didn't even think about that part. Although, how could the Foretellers draw medals depicting people of the future from their books (and cast illusions of Disney worlds from them which the Keykids visit) if their tomes end at the Keyblade War?

If no one told him from where should he know what a sleeping Keyhole is?
As far as we know Ventus isn't exactly a book worm so the chance that he actually read about it while skimming through Eraqus' (private) library is rather thin I would say.

Wait did they have to go to Destiny Islands again? Is it the same case as when a world is about to fall in Darkness only then you can get to the RoD? When a world is about to fall into the RoS you can only enter the RoS? I should probably start playing DDD HD...
Yes, I saw you post that idea earlier, and while that is possible I doubt it. Because that alone already rises a few questions. Did Ventus just have a whole RoS experience in just a few days (a week at most) and then wake up with no memories of it? Could be plausible because he was unstable at the time. But if this is what happens to Ventus after he passes out for a few days (due to Heart failures), what would happen to Ventus when he is passed out for over a decade with a complete shattered Heart?

Well I thought we were talking about it in another way, like: You enter RoS, go to your time and place you want and thus "exist" (but how do we define existing?) there. Then go back to the RoL or RoD. And then time travel to that time and place in the RoL or RoD because you did exist in a RoS version. And the moment someone unlocks the Keyhole, you access point to that time and place will be gone because your RoS version stopped existing. I thought we were talking about it in that way.
Sora and Riku always left the world after they unlocked it? Like I said, DDD is weird. I just don't...

No Name lead Xehanort to him because they both have a connection to the Chi era, knowingly or unknowingly to Xehanort?

It is the tutorial of DDD. Yen Sid explains it actually pretty detailed in DDD itself. In order for Riku and Sora to reach the Realm of Sleep, so I'll just quote him directly:
Yen Sid said:
If we are ever to strike down Xehanort, we need the individuals King Mickey spoke of in his letter. We must lead them out of sorrow and
slumber, and back to our world. To do so, seven Sleeping Keyholes must be
found and unlocked, and a great power retrieved. As you know, every world
is walled off from the next, preventing travel between them. In the past,
you could bridge these gaps because the walls were broken, or because you
could open special Lanes with your Keyblades. But your new goals, the
"Sleeping Keyholes," are harder to reach. You'll recall, in your first
journey, that you brought many worlds back from the darkness--but some
never returned completely. They still sleep, cut off from all outside
channels. Not even the Heartless can enter.

One dream is connected to another, which means we must choose in
which "Sleeping World" you will begin. I will return you to the Destiny
Islands just before they were swallowed by the darkness and plunged into
sleep. Once dreams take you, you must let them guide you to the Sleeping
Worlds. As there are seven pure lights, there are seven "Sleeping Keyholes."
Unlocking these will both grant you new powers, and free the worlds from
their wakelessness. Complete this task, and return here safely, and I will
name you both...true masters.

How much time passes in the RoL (or rather how long Ven sleeps) literally doesn't matter when it comes to dreaming as in a dream you can do things over several months in just one night alone. There isn't a limit or a ratio as to how much time "passes" because in the dream, real time doesn't pass at all.
Also, do you remember every dream you have?
Not to forget that Ventus is/was literally still in a bad shape during those times where he experiences those comas.

You're mixing up time travel and the RoS. In order to time travel to a certain location during a certain time a version of you must already exist in that exact location beforehand. There also exist no separate "RoS"-versions of worlds. When a world is in the RoS it doesn't exist in the RoL , the RoD or the Realm between and vice versa, the only known exception so far being The World that Never Was, which can exist in both the RoS and the Realm between at the same time, this exception however has been explicitly pointed out by Nomura himself. It isn't yet clear if other In-between worlds have the same ability.
RoL-worlds definitely don't have this ability, they can be only either in the RoS, the RoD or the RoL.

Certainly also a possibility, that Keyblade is rather creepy and weird to begin with so why shouldn't it also have the ability to "sense" connections to the era it originally comes from?

I'm really confused by Ventus appearing in this game, does anyone have an official explanation for his appearance?

As of now there are no official explanations, only theories and interpretations. How Ventus can be there and why is as much a mystery as the current whereabouts of Terra after Xehanort returned as old geezer in DDD.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I get the importance of the unions from a gameplay perspective (although to be honest, it was never really needed) but keeping them as a story element by dividing the Dandelions again doesn't make any sense to me. What's the point here other than falling into the same MoM's trap a second time?

I really hope with the release of Union [cross] the English and Japanese version will be equals, at least considering story and gameplay updates. I really doesn't make sense to still have this content gap.

S.Gill17

I've got a feeling that I'll be so confused, but it'll be explained in time. Just hype!

.xone

Awards

I'm sry if anyone had mention this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm not completely dug info from new Ux but I'll do it later.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I'm sry if anyone had mention this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm not completely dug info from new Ux but I'll do it later.

It was a mistranslation. The kid himself isn't dangerous, but if the book he inherits gets into the wrong hands then it could be dangerous.

.xone

Awards
so I my theory is completely boosh at this point.. ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back