• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Union X [Cross] expansion to bring Ventus, Multiplayer, and more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*breathes in*
I promised myself to stop bitching about how "Union Cross" is a dumb name, but wanted to say "Cross Union" would have sounded much better.

*breathes out*
Now that that's out of the way I can focus on everything else, like how Ventus is now a possibility for what's in the Master of Master's box.

Muke

whatever
Awards
*breathes in*
I promised myself to stop bitching about how "Union Cross" is a dumb name, but wanted to say "Cross Union" would have sounded much better.

*breathes out*
Now that that's out of the way I can focus on everything else, like how Ventus is now a possibility for what's in the Master of Master's box.
they're both equally bad if anything. xD

Hirokey123

Awards
It's not Cross Union? *double checks* ....well now I hate the name and I feel that's saying something seeing as I could tolerate KH's names up to this point but really the Chi thing is already confusing enough we don't need to now call it "Cross"....

Muke

whatever
Awards
It's not Cross Union? *double checks* ....well now I hate the name and I feel that's saying something seeing as I could tolerate KH's names up to this point but really the Chi thing is already confusing enough we don't need to now call it "Cross"....
lol, welcome to the club. what do you think about the logo? :p

Hirokey123

Awards
It's really poorly designed. The contrast between the gradient fill and the outline is just plain bad, it makes it look fuzzy almost or not there at all. I think the mistake is that the same gradient fill was applied to the upper and middle of the outline as well meaning the only thing separating the thick outline and the fill on the upper and middle is a very thin white line. Lack of color is jarring KH logos generally have at least one strong main color even if they stick to mostly black and greys, here though there is only a faint teal glow of chi. It's design 101 to not make parts of pictures that overlap, that you want to stick out, the same color and yet where the letters and hearts overlapped they did just that so it weakens the contrast even further. It's also super awkward because there is no white space behind the E, A, and H where there logically should be...and I know they've done that a few times and they did it for Chi but I friggin hate it every time. Either have a logical white space represented or put a fill behind it but don't do this half thing where only D, M, O have it and nowhere else. Finally it lacks any real elegancy in the middle, we lost that big beautiful Chi symbol and since this is still called "Cross" I don't get why we couldn't have a nicely re-designed chi symbol that looked more like a cross in the middle than.

Give it a 5.7/10

U.N. Owen

Awards
My theory is Ven is merely a projection by the Book of Prophecy. That thing can create entire worlds of solid illusion.

Luxu

Awards
lol, welcome to the club. what do you think about the logo? :p

Its horrible T_T

I liked the green/blue on the KHX and KHuX logos. I really hope they keep that same theme. And if they change the app icon again, they better make it top the Ephemera and Skuld one!

But the spikes on the new logo...But why is the heart now black? Not the usual Blue/Green color.

CrystalRaine

Has anyone noticed the new eye colors and styles on the Avatars? Those violet and aqua eyes look so pretty *-*

Union%203.jpg

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Cat eyes! I like the people ones!And the blue ones are pretty cute!

I wonder if we are getting any new hair colors!
I've heard [from] that there are no new options for hair color or skin tone in the PAX East demo, but there are a lot of new face options to choose from.And, theater mode will be a thing.

@SE please let me have long green hair on my female avatar without the Namine B style ,:^))

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
I've heard [from] that there are no new options for hair color or skin tone in the PAX East demo, but there are a lot of new face options to choose from.And, theater mode will be a thing.

@SE please let me have long green hair on my female avatar without the Namine B style ,:^))

Aw...Guess we will have to wait till April in NA, and late March or April for JP.

I really hope we get more hair colors! I mean, at this point we basically can have Master of Master's eyes so...

​Get it? The cateyes?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Heh, I wouldn't really count on that being too detailed, maybe we'll get some small flashbacks but that might be it. Unless Ventus does become not only friendly/a regular companion to Ephemer, Skuld and possibly the unknown other two, but also with the Player avatar, it is not even sure that we as the audience see him very often. Ephemer's screentime in "Season 1" was rather rare and Skuld, while more present, was also only around for a few story quests.
Of course, Nomura said these five are "key characters" so their screentime might increase, but on that we also can only wait and see.

Good point, didn't even think about that part. Although, how could the Foretellers draw medals depicting people of the future from their books (and cast illusions of Disney worlds from them which the Keykids visit) if their tomes end at the Keyblade War?

If no one told him from where should he know what a sleeping Keyhole is?
As far as we know Ventus isn't exactly a book worm so the chance that he actually read about it while skimming through Eraqus' (private) library is rather thin I would say.
I don't mind if it isn't that detailed (I know how Chi is).
Well Ephemer and Skuld in Season 1 were to set everything up for Season 2. So I think they will get much more screen time (well, if we don't get alot of fillers that is). There are now so many scenarios in which they could pop up during Quests.

I have no idea. They've never touched upon that lore since the beginning (can we even consider it canon). Perhaps there are many different version of the books like we've seen now. 5 up till the Keyblade War. 1 after the Keyblade War. MoM probably has one gigantic book that contains all the future events. So our powers are linked to our Foretellers Books, and those Books are linked to the MoMs Book. Thus giving us powers from the future. (which confirms Ventus is from the future?)

So he would inadvertently close the Keyhole. Atleast not knowing that it isn't a Keyhole to the Heart of the World, but a Sleeping Keyhole. What effect would that have on him?

It is the tutorial of DDD. Yen Sid explains it actually pretty detailed in DDD itself. In order for Riku and Sora to reach the Realm of Sleep, so I'll just quote him directly:

How much time passes in the RoL (or rather how long Ven sleeps) literally doesn't matter when it comes to dreaming as in a dream you can do things over several months in just one night alone. There isn't a limit or a ratio as to how much time "passes" because in the dream, real time doesn't pass at all.
Also, do you remember every dream you have?
Not to forget that Ventus is/was literally still in a bad shape during those times where he experiences those comas.

You're mixing up time travel and the RoS. In order to time travel to a certain location during a certain time a version of you must already exist in that exact location beforehand. There also exist no separate "RoS"-versions of worlds. When a world is in the RoS it doesn't exist in the RoL , the RoD or the Realm between and vice versa, the only known exception so far being The World that Never Was, which can exist in both the RoS and the Realm between at the same time, this exception however has been explicitly pointed out by Nomura himself. It isn't yet clear if other In-between worlds have the same ability.
RoL-worlds definitely don't have this ability, they can be only either in the RoS, the RoD or the RoL.
O I see. Thought it would be more complicated.

True, I forgot to take that into account. But still, if this is Ventus during a post split pre-training black out, would he do the same during his 10+ years in the Chamber of Wakening? Did he visit the Chi era twice in his dreams? Has he traveled to different Sleeping Worlds? That means that the first time he didn't find the Sleeping Keyhole (if that would be a plot point).

So if you're an outsider who visits the world in RoS and then unlocks the Sleeping Keyhole, you can't travel back in time in the RoL to the period that World was trapped in? Because you never existed there because you only existed there in a dream and dreams aren't thus you can't exist there? Hmm, that actually makes sense.
But what about Destiny Islands though? That was a Sleeping World ever it was plunged into Darkness in KH1 right? Yet we see it in Days, KHII and the ending of Re:Coded.

I get the importance of the unions from a gameplay perspective (although to be honest, it was never really needed) but keeping them as a story element by dividing the Dandelions again doesn't make any sense to me. What's the point here other than falling into the same MoM's trap a second time?
I think that is the whole point. MoM once again manipulating us and dooming us to fail.

And we already made teams based on our Unions and they even ask Jewels for changing it, they wouldn't remove that surely. But seeing as we are supposed to be Dandelions and free of Unions, it would be cool if they removed the "parties must be in the same Union" rule.
*breathes in*

*breathes out*
Did the same uproar happen when KH 358/2 Days was confirmed as name?

But in one of the trailers we saw Riku walking around with that same box. Surely they wouldn't put Ventus in a box.
Or did I get that confused with the briefcase Yen Sid gave him? Can't find that trailer anywhere damn it.

I like the new faces. But they need to add some black hair. Gray is nice, but still.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Uh, those are completely different things. One is a box, the other is a suitcase/luggage and they don't even look the same.
You can't find the trailer because we never see him walk around with it in any of the trailer, we only see him grabbing it

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Uh, those are completely different things. One is a box, the other is a suitcase/luggage and they don't even look the same.
You can't find the trailer because we never see him walk around with it in any of the trailer, we only see him grabbing it
... I could have sworn I saw a trailer of it somewhere... I guess I got confused.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Anyways, there are pics going around on reddit. Seems like there will be traits for Keyblades and Medals. Things like "Max Gauge +2" etc. and someone's been saying there's "poison resistance".

sephydark

Awards
Anyways, there are pics going around on reddit. Seems like there will be traits for Keyblades and Medals. Things like "Max Gauge +2" etc. and someone's been saying there's "poison resistance".

If that's true it could be really nice. There have been plenty of times when I wished I could have some way of resisting status effects (especially when the enemy gets a preemptive attack and it paralyses me -.-). Though things like medals that increase max gauge could really change the meta and I hope that free and casual players have reasonable options for most of the effects.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Here are pics:

4v6stcA.png

.eJwVzMENwyAMAMBdGAAHE4eQbRBBBCnECLuvqru3_d3r3uY1b3OYS3XIAXA2yTxPK8oz1WIrc71LGk1s5g5JNeWrl0cFMJCnhWhfCX-IYQOMC5KP3uPqXHBx26H1fzOeaj5fv48h0w.keLQPkvqG4ZQ2eMoIFKU-M1LE0Y

Seems like Medals can only have a max of 5 traits

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait wait, we can freely assign the traits on our Keyblades? 10/10 +2 Max Gauge and Paralyze resistance for sure. Honestly when I first saw it I was afraid it would be something like our Avatar Parts. Pre-assigned traits, but freely assigning them is pretty cool. I wonder if we immediately get them the moment the new game starts or that we have to beat certain Quests or Events.

But traits on our medals? I wonder how they will diverge this from the Skills (aside from the additional slots).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't mind if it isn't that detailed (I know how Chi is).
Well Ephemer and Skuld in Season 1 were to set everything up for Season 2. So I think they will get much more screen time (well, if we don't get alot of fillers that is). There are now so many scenarios in which they could pop up during Quests.

I have no idea. They've never touched upon that lore since the beginning (can we even consider it canon). Perhaps there are many different version of the books like we've seen now. 5 up till the Keyblade War. 1 after the Keyblade War. MoM probably has one gigantic book that contains all the future events. So our powers are linked to our Foretellers Books, and those Books are linked to the MoMs Book. Thus giving us powers from the future. (which confirms Ventus is from the future?)

So he would inadvertently close the Keyhole. Atleast not knowing that it isn't a Keyhole to the Heart of the World, but a Sleeping Keyhole. What effect would that have on him?
One can definitely only hope for the best.
Ventus' mere appearance in this era is understandably mind-boggling for many but that's so typical for Nomura and knowing him I bet he has build in two or more additional twists in the whole thing.
For this reason I am also still holding back on a definitive assessment of exactly which "nature" this Ventus is. So far we've only seen him speak two sentences one of which is his catchphrase, no further indicators or hints.
Nomura is known for sometimes throwing a curve ball, so not everything might be as it seems at first glance.

To be exact there existed 6 versions of the BoP before the Keyblade War, one copy for each Foreteller plus the original owned by the MoM.
In Back Cover Gula states that the Lost page is not in any of their books, meaning Gula's own copy of the book doesn't have it either and the page Gula got from the MoM was the one located in the "original book".
So regardless of how many books "survived" the Keyblade War none of them has the Lost page anymore since it was a loose piece of paper owned by Gula.
The books "giving" or granting powers from the future alone do in fact not "prove" that the Ventus arriving here is from the future, as unlike with Maleficent where it was made crystal clear through dialogue, this isn't the case here.
If it were that easy, the theories of him actually originating from the past wouldn't exist in the form they do (and no one has made such a theory for Maleficent).

I dunno, we do not have ever actually seen Ventus closing a Keyhole so this is really all conjecture.
If he would find the Sleeping Keyhole of Daybreak Town and unlock it, it is even possible that nothing would happen at all since Ventus (as far as we know) doesn't have the Power to awaken hearts in the first place.
One of the reasons for Sora's and Riku's unusual Mark of Mastery exam was Yen Sid and Mickey wanting them to gain the special power to awaken sleeping/lost hearts, which one may gain only by unlocking seven sleeping Keyholes, not just one.

O I see. Thought it would be more complicated.

True, I forgot to take that into account. But still, if this is Ventus during a post split pre-training black out, would he do the same during his 10+ years in the Chamber of Wakening? Did he visit the Chi era twice in his dreams? Has he traveled to different Sleeping Worlds? That means that the first time he didn't find the Sleeping Keyhole (if that would be a plot point).

So if you're an outsider who visits the world in RoS and then unlocks the Sleeping Keyhole, you can't travel back in time in the RoL to the period that World was trapped in? Because you never existed there because you only existed there in a dream and dreams aren't thus you can't exist there? Hmm, that actually makes sense.
But what about Destiny Islands though? That was a Sleeping World ever it was plunged into Darkness in KH1 right? Yet we see it in Days, KHII and the ending of Re:Coded.
It is somewhat complicated when things are getting thrown together, lol.
We're dealing with both dream worlds and layers here and time travel thrown in beside it.

The question would be though if it matters if he "did the same thing" during the decade of resting in the CoW. The main premise of looking into the post-split but pre-training form of him is to explain why he appears in the X-era as he does and from that possibly deduce when he's having these dreams, not what their larger plot purpose is or if he did anything else, that's something for another time.
What we can take further from DDD though is that a) Ventus' heart has healed to a certain degree as it is capable of a little stirring activity, b) is aware/clear-headed enough to recognize an approaching danger for Sora and act on it by granting him temporary protection via his Keyblade armor and c) capable of feeling what Sora feels (happiness) and actually showing that it has at least a little "remote" control of its body by making it smile.

As U.N. Owen points out a bit further above, it is even possible that this "Ventus" is a projection of the heart that is dreaming right now and not actually the "true" Ventus at all, since as explained by you-know-who (I'm quoting Yen Sid rather often these weeks):
Yen Sid said:
In the Sleeping Worlds, real time does not flow. Unless one
restores the world by waking it from its slumber, it will stay locked in a
dream forever. Thus, you may encounter familiar faces...but they are just
figments of the dream.
In actuality, they are sound asleep--trapped within
a world that is also sleeping. What's more, whilst someone may no longer
dwell in the real version of a world, dreams may paint a fuller picture,
and restore what seems to be missing.

The Jiminy Cricket Sora and Riku meet in DDD for example is also just a dream figment, as is the "Sorcerer's Apprentice"-Mickey or Musketeer-Mickey as we know that the "true" Mickey isn't trapped in sleep anywhere.
The chance that what we're witnessing in Unchained/Union Cross is a dream of a trapped heart is pretty high, so if the dreamer in question isn't Ventus himself it is thus not out of the question that this "Ventus" is a dream figment created by the dreaming heart to paint a fuller picture.
The fact though that Ventus is trapped in sleep and has been as such two times as we know so far (one post-split but pre-Eraqus training and another after the end of BBS), he could be the true deal just like Maleficent is implied to be in Unchained 0.

You generally can't "travel back in time in the RoL to a period where that world was trapped in", Sora and Riku time travelling to the Destiny Islands of the past was a special thing done by Yen Sid.
Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku through time in order to provide them an entry point into the Realm of Sleep.

The sleeping keyholes are also unrelated to time travelling nor does unlocking them immediately end the dream or throw the dreamer out. When having the sufficient ability, unlocking them frees the heart in question from sleep, regardless if it is a world heart or a person's heart. During the finale Riku actually unlocks Sora's sleeping keyhole (directly after he defeats the Armor Nightmare and directly before he reaches the "Destiny Islands" in the core of Sora's heart where he meets Roxas/Ventus/Xion and Ansem the Wise).

It went like this:
1. Yen Sid resets S&R's abilities in order for them to "properly" learn Keyblade Wielding, resulting in them looking younger.
2. He sents them through time into the past to Destiny Islands just before it was about to fall into Darkness (at the end of the Prologue of KH 1).
3. Present day S&R take the raft to set out and await DI's fall so the entrance to the RoS appears (meanwhile KH 1 Sora and KH 1 Riku are doing what they were doing during KH 1)
4. Phantom Ursula appears, her appearance isn't exactly explained but she says "he was right, they're here", implying that Xehanort set her upon S&R.
5. S&R fall into the water, the entrance to the RoS appears and they open it with their Keyblades.
6. Riku notices Mr. Brown-Robe-Guy (actually Ansem SoD, the same Ansem SoD Sora meets in the cave during KH 1) standing on the surface of the water, sensing something is amiss he
instinctively dives into Sora's heart (and his dreams) instead of the true RoS, becoming Sora's protector Dream Eater.
7. Sora himself dives into the actual RoS, followed by Mr. Robe-Guy Ansem SoD who acts as a portal summoning the nort team, specifically Young Xehanort from the past, into the RoS as well
(Sora himself doesn't notice any of this, neither does Riku).
8. Upon arrival in the Traverse Town of the RoS, Yen Sid's magic kicks in again and grants Riku and Sora new clothes, with the exception of Riku's Spirit Dream Eater symbol
(which appears due to Riku becoming a Dream Eater) and Sora's silver "X" on his chest (which is conjured by Mr. Robe-Guy Ansem SoD and actually the Recusant's Sigil allowing the Norts to track Sora).

After this, Sora is always going through the sleeping worlds while Riku is going through Sora's own dreams about those sleeping worlds. It's dealing with dream layers like in the movie Inception. Sora is in the actual dreams of the worlds while Riku is in his dreams about those worlds (later on it gets even more weird with additional layers due to Ansem SoD's, Xemnas', Young Xehanort's and Xigbar's meddling).

Destiny Islands was restored to the RoL at the end of KH 1 when Mickey and Sora closed the great Door to Darkness so it wasn't lost to Darkness anymore.
The worlds Riku and Sora visited after entering the RoS in were not restored at the end of KH1, as explained by Yen Sid:
You'll recall, in your first
journey, that you brought many worlds back from the darkness
--but some
never returned completely. They still sleep, cut off from all outside
channels. Not even the Heartless can enter.

The main difficulty with DDD here is that the whole dream concepts and rescuing from sleep are thrown in together with the time travel mumbo-jumbo despite them being two largely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back