• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "Versus XIII lives on...in episodes!"

I never denounced the game. Did you even read my post? I had a direct quote saying "I am not against this idea, but they could screw it up."

I did in fact mean people in general. I didn't even see your post.

Anywho, I wonder who will be the composer for the game? It's sad that Nobuo won't be back but is it too cliche for Yoko to do it? haha Ishimoto would be nice too

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

My ideal sitch for the game would be Yoko and Ishi so they could make beautiful music together, but I'm willing to bet it may just be Ishi since Yoko has XV, 2.8, and 3 to compose for.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Hmm, interesting. It feels like that in the Japanese version of CC, Sephiroth has more emotion in his voice, and Zack too. I like the English voice too, but the Japanese version makes them sound more friendlier towards each other.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

This would be so awesome. Zack and oddly ol Seph were my fave parts of Crisis Core.

That's probably because pre-madness Seph is actually a rather decent guy overall which we see for the most parts of the game, lol.
Zack needs no explanation I'd say as I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like the "puppy".

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Shimomura would indeed be the ideal choice when it comes to re-arranging the VII OST (I doubt they're going to replace it with new music). But if she's not available then I would like Sakimoto, who would probably put a more cinematic spin on those melodies.

I don't want Ishimoto. Sorry, but I absolutely hate most of the music in Crisis Core and Type-0 that's not orchestral. So much bland J-Rock, repetition of the main theme and mediocre re-arrangements of Uematsu's pieces.

Anagram

Banned

That's probably because pre-madness Seph is actually a rather decent guy overall which we see for the most parts of the game, lol.
Zack needs no explanation I'd say as I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like the "puppy".

I think the only part I'd miss of Crisis Core without Genesis would be that epic fight scene between Sephiroth, Genesis and Angeal. A sacrifice I'd be willing to make~

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It would have been even more epic if it was just between Angeal and Sephiroth and it mirrored the fight between Cloud and Sephiroth in Advent Children.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Shimomura would indeed be the ideal choice when it comes to re-arranging the VII OST (I doubt they're going to replace it with new music). But if she's not available then I would like Sakimoto, who would probably put a more cinematic spin on those melodies.

I don't want Ishimoto. Sorry, but I absolutely hate most of the music in Crisis Core and Type-0 that's not orchestral. So much bland J-Rock, repetition of the main theme and mediocre re-arrangements of Uematsu's pieces.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes Ishimoto's music. The worst example of. This is during the Nibelheim Flashback in crisis core they play this really bad and unfitting piano piece.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Pretty sure that's old news man.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Message from Kitase :)

Master Spockanort said:
For many years, people around the world have asked me “Will you ever remake Final Fantasy VII?” For many years I gave the same answers and on a personal level, having made the original Final Fantasy VII, did I really want to spend so many years making the same game again?

With Final Fantasy VII Remake, we have the opportunity to go beyond the story, world and experience of Final Fantasy VII in ways we’ve always dreamed of - from the depths of Midgar to the skies above the Planet. The multi-part format enables us to expand the original story and turn it into an epic experience for fans and new gamers alike.

This past weekend at PlayStation Experience we were thrilled to present more of Final Fantasy VII Remake. It was great to see so much excitement when we surprised everyone with the first gameplay footage and it was a treat for us to show that development is going well, and further along than perhaps many had realised. Just like when we revealed the announcement trailer at E3 earlier this year, we like surprising you.

One thing that we wanted to be clear about during this weekend to accompany the new trailer was the scale of this project. We wanted to tell you this now and not in the future so that you’d share our vision for what we want to deliver.

The biggest reason why we haven’t done a remake until now is because it’s a massive undertaking to reconstruct Final Fantasy VII from the ground up with the current technology. Producing a proper HD remake of Final Fantasy VII that maintains the same feeling of density of the original would result in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one instalment.

We’ve seen everyone’s comments and reactions to the news that Final Fantasy VII Remake will be a multi-part series and many have speculated correctly as to the reason why we have made this decision. If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake instalment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of Final Fantasy VII. We knew none of you would have wanted that.

I hope that by explaining a little more about our design decisions that you can appreciate the size of this project and what we have planned for this remake. Going beyond the scale and depth of the world, narrative and gameplay from the original to deliver something that feels familiar yet new. As I said before, we like delivering surprises. :)

See you all soon and Happy Holidays! - Yoshinori Kitase

I am excited to see the new areas of Midgar! He makes a lot of valid points and I stand by the decision for multiple installments.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I think the only part I'd miss of Crisis Core without Genesis would be that epic fight scene between Sephiroth, Genesis and Angeal. A sacrifice I'd be willing to make~

That is indeed one of my favorite scenes from Crisis Core when it comes to epicness, mostly because Sephiroth doesn't even put in too much effort and treats Genesis as the whiny little jealous prick that he is, lol.

Seriously, the only thing I like about Genesis is his sword. That red-hued Runeblade has some nifty style.

It would have been even more epic if it was just between Angeal and Sephiroth and it mirrored the fight between Cloud and Sephiroth in Advent Children.

One of the reasons they made it 2-on-1 was probably because they wanted to show that yes, even without Jenova and lifestream-empowerment Sephy was already powerful enough to not be trifled with.
They could have made the same scene with including Angeal and Zack though and set it more in the present rather than make it a flashback.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I'm sad to say I have no faith in this remake being good.

For a couple of reasons.

Reason 1: nomura is an awful director/writer

Reason 2 is that I think breaking it up into multiple parts is just an excuse for them to makthe more money.

Reason 3 is if their reason was the real reason as to why it was split into multiple parts, then they really should've re considered remaking it.

Back