• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
KH1 level one has not been balanced really well. Sure you get an second change/once more ability that prevents one hit kills, and Sora`s powers are increased, but getting crucial abilities like guard? Nah. :D Still, a rather fun way to play the game thou. Especially Riku fight II.

You'd think but nope. KH2 also gave it automatically.

I finally got to Olympus on level 1 today. The Wonderland boss gave me a bit of trouble since he's so damn hard to reach. Now the arena matches are proving a little difficult.

What made the arena matches difficult for me were the freaking Blue Rhapsodies and Red Noctunres. Just have to time your blizzard and fire spells so you can wipe as many as possible with little magic used. Just wait till you get to Clayton and Stealth Sneak. I was stuck there for for six hours or. The Tiger Head in Agrabah is even worse...

Anagram

Banned
The lack of one hit kill balances KH1 a bit better than KH2s level 1 I think but they could at least give ya scan! D:
I've been dreading Clayton the entire time....

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Ugh. I remember that part of the game. Constantly grinding up materials for those things. Listening to different music or having something else playing in the background usually helps to ease the tedium.

You would think that the ReMIX version of that game would automatically give it to you if you have the No Experience ability...thing equipped. Birth by Sleep got it right by giving it to the trio automatically...

Thunder Surge was literally the best way that I was able to deal with most of the Super Bosses. The only exception to that was Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment where (as Terra, at least) I simply whacked him with my strongest offensive keyblade and only used Thunder Surge on the last hit for the invincibility frames. If you have Rhythm Mixer, then it's final command is also a surefire way to deal the most damage to No Heart. Just don't use it on the Mysterious Troll; he has gained health back from it before when I used it on him as Ventus.

The Crystals are the only problem about grinding. Especially getting the Dense Crystals and Twilight ones. I'm about to be done by getting over 200 each.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The Crystals are the only problem about grinding. Especially getting the Dense Crystals and Twilight ones. I'm about to be done by getting over 200 each.
grind in TWTNW. go from the final rest area up top and fight your way down to the entrance in the dark city, back and forth. you get twilight crystals from sorcerers and dense crystals from berserkers. it's tedious but you can enter final form and level that while you're doing that.

btw, after reaching a certain amount of every material, you get the option to synthesize them with large quantities of lesser versions. good luck.

hlc1988

Awards
Thunder Surge was literally the best way that I was able to deal with most of the Super Bosses. The only exception to that was Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment where (as Terra, at least) I simply whacked him with my strongest offensive keyblade and only used Thunder Surge on the last hit for the invincibility frames. If you have Rhythm Mixer, then it's final command is also a surefire way to deal the most damage to No Heart. Just don't use it on the Mysterious Troll; he has gained health back from it before when I used it on him as Ventus.

Yes, Thunder Surge has been very useful so far! Just got Mysterious Man to do for Terra... and dear god that is insane. Using Thunder Surge but I keep dying. I guess I will need to time my attacks. when you have to press X repeatedly to get out of the countdown that kills you, I'm finding it difficult to beat that. If it starts at 5 seconds I can, and occasionally 4 seconds but does the counter go down?

Is there a good level I should be at to beat Mysterious Man? I'm level 50...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I gotta be honest you guys. I don't like BBS. It's so janky, I can't even believe how janky it is. People call KH1 unpolished, and I can't even conceivably understand how these same people think BBS is polished. Like, I'm really giving it a chance for the first time, and the only thing I've liked at all was the Magic Mirror boss battle. Everything else in all three stories has been bothersome and janky as hell.

The jumping in this game has the jankiest momentum of all time, it feels terrible. They definitely fixed this in DDD. The air combos make me want to drown myself with how terrible they are. They're so sticky and un-maneuverable. In fact, all the combos feel this way. I never want to commit to any physical combos because more often than not, you get stuck in them and enemies decide that they're not affected by your attacks, teleport behind you, and attack you. Even the enemies that do flinch feel off. It doesn't have that satisfying weight that KH1 and 2 have. I think that's a hardware issue.

Commands are how you win. Thunder surge is the only thing you should even use because everything else is definitely inferior. Just load up on thunder surge and cure, and you're golden. This system of gameplay makes me want to behead myself, because after beating everything, I don't feel like I got any better at the game, I just acquired commands that made it easier. The finishing move system is a new form of torture. You try to understand the janky rhythm of enemies like Vanitas, and then when you've got something resembling a flow, you get locked into the slow animation of a finishing move, and Vanitas is like (teleports behind you) (stabs you through the chest) "nothing personel shithead" and you die.

I really enjoyed teaming up with Phillip. There are some cool ideas in the game, but the gameplay is so bad. It really makes me feel like a jerkass for putting KH2 down all those years, because the game, while a bit homogenized in the level design department, is very technically impressive and well-realized.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yes, Thunder Surge has been very useful so far! Just got Mysterious Man to do for Terra... and dear god that is insane. Using Thunder Surge but I keep dying. I guess I will need to time my attacks. when you have to press X repeatedly to get out of the countdown that kills you, I'm finding it difficult to beat that. If it starts at 5 seconds I can, and occasionally 4 seconds but does the counter go down?

Is there a good level I should be at to beat Mysterious Man? I'm level 50...
level doesn't matter. 5 surges and 3 cures, make sure you have once more and second chance. just lock on and surge/dash to move. when he catches you with hook/rope move, surge is the only way to move out of it. spam surge when he uses fire pillars, surge when he steals your commands, surge when he's invisible (he isn't invulnerable). the brief window of invincibility granted by thunder surge is your best friend and triggering the command style finisher is helpful as well. good luck.

Anagram

Banned
I gotta be honest you guys. I don't like BBS. It's so janky, I can't even believe how janky it is. People call KH1 unpolished, and I can't even conceivably understand how these same people think BBS is polished. Like, I'm really giving it a chance for the first time, and the only thing I've liked at all was the Magic Mirror boss battle. Everything else in all three stories has been bothersome and janky as hell.

The jumping in this game has the jankiest momentum of all time, it feels terrible. They definitely fixed this in DDD. The air combos make me want to drown myself with how terrible they are. They're so sticky and un-maneuverable. In fact, all the combos feel this way. I never want to commit to any physical combos because more often than not, you get stuck in them and enemies decide that they're not affected by your attacks, teleport behind you, and attack you. Even the enemies that do flinch feel off. It doesn't have that satisfying weight that KH1 and 2 have. I think that's a hardware issue.

Commands are how you win. Thunder surge is the only thing you should even use because everything else is definitely inferior. Just load up on thunder surge and cure, and you're golden. This system of gameplay makes me want to behead myself, because after beating everything, I don't feel like I got any better at the game, I just acquired commands that made it easier. The finishing move system is a new form of torture. You try to understand the janky rhythm of enemies like Vanitas, and then when you've got something resembling a flow, you get locked into the slow animation of a finishing move, and Vanitas is like (teleports behind you) (stabs you through the chest) "nothing personel shithead" and you die.

I really enjoyed teaming up with Phillip. There are some cool ideas in the game, but the gameplay is so bad. It really makes me feel like a jerkass for putting KH2 down all those years, because the game, while a bit homogenized in the level design department, is very technically impressive and well-realized.

I can't help but agree sadly. I recently tried replaying it but I can't even bring myself to finish a world....

Kaneki

In all honesty I think bbs on 2.5 remake is really bad, I platinum'd kh2fm on there within 2 weeks of release but I just couldn't play BBS because of how bad it felt I don't know why but it feels like they were really lazy with it , type-0's port was fine a few camera spacing issues but didn't affect me too much but bbs on ps4 is just annoying, It's impossible for me to play the game as terra , IDK if it's just me but i could easily play it on psp hell i 100%'d ventus' storyline on psp couldn't be bothered doing the same with terra or aqua's

Anagram

Banned
I didn't like Ven or Terra even on the PSP version but I did like to play Aqua from time to time. Now it just feels tedious somehow.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
In all honesty I think bbs on 2.5 remake is really bad, I platinum'd kh2fm on there within 2 weeks of release but I just couldn't play BBS because of how bad it felt I don't know why but it feels like they were really lazy with it , type-0's port was fine a few camera spacing issues but didn't affect me too much but bbs on ps4 is just annoying, It's impossible for me to play the game as terra , IDK if it's just me but i could easily play it on psp hell i 100%'d ventus' storyline on psp couldn't be bothered doing the same with terra or aqua's

I kind of think all of 2.5 was...lackluster. The loading times were so gross, it made driving impossible. BBS wasn't better with the forms and d links. Not to mention all the glitches 2.5 was plagued with. I'm just not happy with it. a Ps4 port would do it a world of good, though.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Then you are a child blessed by luck. The Xemans battle in particular is a glitch hell.
Oh, wait. I did froze once in the first Xemnas battle, but that was the only glitch I remembered. Then again, in 1.5 in my very first try, I froze in Traverse Town, which is the only time I ever froze in the game.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Oh, wait. I did froze once in the first Xemnas battle, but that was the only glitch I remembered. Then again, in 1.5 in my very first try, I froze in Traverse Town, which is the only time I ever froze in the game.

I never had a 1.5 glitch myself.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I enjoyed BBS.... In Aqua's story. Terra is hilariously slow, and his high attack power is a poor makeup thanks to the bosses that resist plain attacking. Ven's is okay, but is attack power is just low. Aqua's was the best. It's like Goldilocks.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I found Aqua starting out to be both slow and weak, making her the most difficult to jump into playing at the start lol.

Anagram

Banned
I enjoyed BBS.... In Aqua's story. Terra is hilariously slow, and his high attack power is a poor makeup thanks to the bosses that resist plain attacking. Ven's is okay, but is attack power is just low. Aqua's was the best. It's like Goldilocks.
I agree though I dislike Terra and Ven for more than just those reasons. Aqua gets the "stupid stick" less as Sephiroth0812 puts it.

I found Aqua starting out to be both slow and weak, making her the most difficult to jump into playing at the start lol.

She is but she gets magic spells unique to her and her dodge is the best of the three. In a game that is basically spamming triangle and guard anyway I found her best.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Trying to fight Vanitas in that Xehanort battle on Terra = The worst experience in KH ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back