• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
level doesn't matter. 5 surges and 3 cures, make sure you have once more and second chance. just lock on and surge/dash to move. when he catches you with hook/rope move, surge is the only way to move out of it. spam surge when he uses fire pillars, surge when he steals your commands, surge when he's invisible (he isn't invulnerable). the brief window of invincibility granted by thunder surge is your best friend and triggering the command style finisher is helpful as well. good luck.

Funnily enough, about an hour after I posted, I defeated him. Just got to do the same feat with Ven and Aqua. But going to take a break for a few weeks before heading back to 100% Ven's story.

Funny, I never once experienced a glitch in 2.5.

Neither did I. Or in 1.5.

Then you are a child blessed by luck. The Xemans battle in particular is a glitch hell.

I never had the Xemnas battle glitch either. And i've played on all difficulties. If it was a genuine glitch, wouldn't it affect everyone? Hearing about the Xemnas battle glitch made me nervous to tackle Xemnas but I just pressed triangle when it told me to and it worked every time.

Anagram

Banned
Your and Buffer are the only ones I've seen mention not having the glitch at least once. The glitch kicks in almost every time I play.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Since I'd never played II before 2.5, I didn't know that the final Xemnas battle was glitched to start with. I just assumed that my failure to reversal away was something on my part, and even then, Second Chance and Once More kept me from dying so long as I didn't hit the ground. If anything kills me the most in that fight, it's definitely that Shock attack that forces you to switch to Riku. Either Sora runs out of HP, or Riku gets beaten to death before I can get there...

Wait, there're more glitches in the Xemnas battle besides the aerial Reversal one?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Since I'd never played II before 2.5, I didn't know that the final Xemnas battle was glitched to start with. I just assumed that my failure to reversal away was something on my part, and even then, Second Chance and Once More kept me from dying so long as I didn't hit the ground. If anything kills me the most in that fight, it's definitely that Shock attack that forces you to switch to Riku. Either Sora runs out of HP, or Riku gets beaten to death before I can get there...

Wait, there're more glitches in the Xemnas battle besides the aerial Reversal one?

The reversal thing is the only glitch I have heard of in the Final Xemnas fight. All thou sometimes when you reach one the far ends of the arena in the void, Xemnas levitates out of the arena, and you cant reach him. When you back off a little he teleports back. Not sure if that is a glitch thou.

Kaneki

I don't think I've ever had a glitch in 2 or 2fm or even in 2.5 I'm pretty sure

Anagram

Banned
Strange that. I wonder what the explanation is?
I'm not sure but one thing I've noticed is that lots of people has had glitches of one kind or another with 2.5. Mine is the more common one with the reversal in Xemnas' fight. It wont work.

The reversal thing is the only glitch I have heard of in the Final Xemnas fight. All thou sometimes when you reach one the far ends of the arena in the void, Xemnas levitates out of the arena, and you cant reach him. When you back off a little he teleports back. Not sure if that is a glitch thou.
Basically this ^

I don't think I've ever had a glitch in 2 or 2fm or even in 2.5 I'm pretty sure

I never had issues in the vanilla either but 2.5 is another story...

Pandymint

Awards
I haven't even engaged the final fights with Xemnas in 2.5. I wonder if I'm going to run into these glitches as well... Gonna have to get back to you on that one.

I just finished Terra's story on BBS again. His fighting style just does not suit me, I hate using him. I get it, he's a tank that hits hard. But god, he doesn't need to move so damn slowly. Bladecharge and Dark Impulse kinda rectify it. Shame you can set them as your fighting styles.

On the bright side, I'm much better than I used to be. Back in the day I was at like. Level 47 before I could beat Terranort, this time I was all the way down at 35. Though I suspect the Ability farming I did for a couple hours really helped, what with maxing my Magic Haste, getting every good support Ability and good commands. Now onto Ventus, who is much much much much more my style when it comes to fighting.

Kaneki

The only games I've ever had glitches would have been BBS , with aqua I was able to clip through walls somehow? I ended up falling through the floor a few times as well god knows how but apart from that (this was on the psp version as well) I never encountered a glitch. Then again I spent so many years using PCSX2 with emuhaste testing codes on 2FM maybe I did glitch but I never noticed haha

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
How many of you guys had beaten the entire Data Battles on Critical Mode? There's no survival...I managed to beat Larxene though by luck.

10/13 to go...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i beat saix, no. five (i forgot how to spell his name...), zexion, marluxia. almost beat luxord and roxas but alas, twas not to be.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
i beat saix, no. five (i forgot how to spell his name...), zexion, marluxia. almost beat luxord and roxas but alas, twas not to be.

I managed to survive Saix. The problem with him was that his weapon kept disappearing quickly when he throws it. Marluxia was the easiest one.

Venx

Saix is the most fun fight in the data version. Just equip the keyblade you get from sephiroth and equip every ability that decreases your combo hits on the ground. at the end you only have last hits that throw saix through the room. this way he can't charge his power so fast. I'm sure there are better ways to do that, but It was just so much fun doing this and when goes berserk and roaming through the whole battlefield I had to laugh everytime.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Saix is the most fun fight in the data version. Just equip the keyblade you get from sephiroth and equip every ability that decreases your combo hits on the ground. at the end you only have last hits that throw saix through the room. this way he can't charge his power so fast. I'm sure there are better ways to do that, but It was just so much fun doing this and when goes berserk and roaming through the whole battlefield I had to laugh everytime.

Actually, it does seem hilarious when he goes berserk. You keep telling to yourself that this guy really needs a chill pill or thinking he ended up getting dumped by his girlfriend or something.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Actually, it does seem hilarious when he goes berserk. You keep telling to yourself that this guy really needs a chill pill or thinking he ended up getting dumped by his girlfriend or something.
Yeah, then add that to imagining him wielding a gigantic banana instead of that claymore of his.

Saix is the true Banana King. And I can't take the jerk seriously anymore!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I partly agree with Launchpad. The level of movement is rather different when you compare KH2 and BBS, and it can especially felt if you start BBS right after you have played KH2. It feels little heavy, and the swings and the hits lack the same impact that is in KH2 and in KH1. But I despite that I really enjoyed BBS. I usually mix commands with normal combos, so I don`t spam only them. All thou some super bosses are only beatable if you do precisely that. Despite all of that, BBS does not feel as straightforward as KH2 does. I really wanna try to explain this with a drawing:
14sjk1y.jpg

So the black dot in the right resembles Sora. In KH1, despite that I am really whacking enemies with my keyblade, I get the feeling that I have to approach the enemy from different angles. This is tied to KH1 combat system, and the variety of enemies. In KH2, it felt kinda different:
m7pl5.jpg

Yeah, the other two arrows are gone. So in KH2, I felt that everything was more straightforward and not in a good way. There were no different angles anymore, and you could just spam X to victory. This is also tied into the enemy design in 2, and I think Launchapad touched this issue before. But despite these changes, KH2 feels really good. The swings of the Keyblade have just the right momentum, and the hit feels really satisfactory. Sora`s movement is also really good. The super bosses in FM bring the different approaches back a little bit, which was really fun. Also LV1 forces you to approach enemies differently, but that is pseudo-depth. Indeed I felt that BBS was a bit janky and etc... but for me it was also a step back to KH1 depth. I did not win by simply smashing, but I had to block and etc... for victory.

How many of you guys had beaten the entire Data Battles on Critical Mode? There's no survival...I managed to beat Larxene though by luck.

10/13 to go...

I have! Most of them can be done in level 70 - 85, so there is no really need to grind to level 99. Also LV1 is an option if you really wanna challenge yourself, but then things get really tricky. I have only beaten Data-Larxene, Marluxia, Roxas, Luxord, Saix and Leaxeus. The rest of them are really hard, or maybe my skills are not good enough.
Anyway, I think the fights are really fun! They made me like KH2 in a new way, and it`s on my number 3 spot on my top 3 KH games. Do you need advice to beat them? I am glad to help anyway I can. :)

This also reminds me that I need to test the donut ship tactic one day!

Stand

Banned

10/13 to go...
I tried but couldn't beat any of them. I did find a video on youtube that helped me pseudo cheat the armor boss.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I gave Axel a shot and didn't last too long. Tried to survive the environment but he keeps coming at me and even when I at least took a bar from him.

Venx

I could defeat axel only with spamming in the limitform. still feeling really really bad about that....

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I think I got what I wanted. Going to leave Critical Mode in peace. It's a few days since I got the platinum but those Data Battles won't allow me to knocked them out. Going to move on from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back