• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So this caught my attention

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Agreed, as this "Xehanort" is so far the most underwhelming and, as far as the story is presented, most unimportant Xehanort as well. If he's really the same as Ansem SoD though, he isn't even an own "Xehanort" at all.
Him being an own "Xehanort" though would actually allow him to occupy one seat in the new Organisation (and I would expect him to wield a version of MX's Keyblade with a science/sterile-themed Keychain).
Agreed. If anything he's pretty much just a stepping stone at current as a Xehanort.
I could see him being his own Xehanort on the technicality he's the complete form of Ansem & Xemnas. (though only cause of that technicality)

True dat, although it is a bit weird to speak about Terra's "guilt" when in essence he isn't really guilty about anything that happened after BBS. Sure, Terra seems to be the type to apply self-blame, but unlike Riku in KH 1 Terra never actually embraced the Darkness and did bad things on purpose.
I know but I say guilt because Terra would feel such guilt regardless because he was used to do them. A part of him was literally right there for most moments but he couldn't do anything to stop them.

I meant it mainly as a contrast to how Sora views things as I'm sure he doesn't see Roxas or Xion as his "property", not even technically.
On that note, it would be interesting to know to which viewpoint the other characters align more. Considering the few interactions Kairi had with Roxas and Naminé (and the expanded ones with Axel in the manga), I tend to believe that Kairi tends more towards Sora's viewpoint while Ansem the Wise/DiZ tended more towards Xehanort's viewpoint at least during Days and KH 2.
Riku is a curious case, as while he often openly decried the Replica Riku and called him "fake", he also seemed to acknowledge that the Replica had a heart of his own just like he seemed to view Roxas and Xion as entities different from Sora.
I imagine Kairi would follow Sora's example. As for Riku, I think his view would be more practical. He knows these beings have hearts of their own but he also knows what they are technically and considers them that technicality as well as having their own heart. (shown when he expressed sadness/pity as Repliku died or when he finally caught Roxas and called him "poor thing")

TAV's views on those matters are a mystery though as they really hadn't to deal with that kind of issue yet except Ven to a degree with Vanitas, and there Ven also seemed to view Vanitas as something/someone of his own rather than a property/aspect of himself.
Being foreign to heartless and nobodies or anything else of branching entities I'd imagine what they see is just what those beings are. To them Roxas would just be Roxas.
Vanitas on the other hand...out of the three only Terra & Ventus knew of his origin and likely because of that origin didn't like to think of him as a part of Ventus due to how Vanitas was.

This seems to be another "weakness" of Xehanort actually, just like he underestimates the true power of the hearts, he also seems to have a knack for ignoring/dismissing people/beings not part of his plans. During KH 1 and 2, Sora was not part of his plans and thus he foiled them, in BBS, Aqua was not part of his larger scheme and in the end she foiled most of it as well (ok, she had help from Mickey and Ven, but Sora also had Donald and Goofy) while in DDD Lea was not part of the plan and ultimatively foiled MX's main goal.
There seems to be a belief in Xehanort that people insignificant to his plans and schemes are also insignificant as a whole and not worth paying attention to, which already foiled more than one of his plans.
If Xehanort wasn't so adept in expecting several different outcomes of a plan and have a backup plan for nearly every possibility, his ambitions would have been ended long ago.
This weakness in of itself is ironic as well. For a man who so meticulously plans his plots to the point of manipulating an entire decades worth of people through time travel in DDD, it's always the factors he doesn't consider that throws him off.
Basically a lack of planning for a minute detail in his planning always gets him. xD

I just notice, this would also answer Sora's question about why Xehanort "knew everything". He would not know everything, as Young Xehanort admits that isn't the case, but he would know most of what happened during the series because his consciousness could jump between all his seeds (after all, MX himself was incomplete, his body extinguished and Terra's body "inhabited" by Xemnas), taking a seat like in a viewbox in an opera with binoculars and dolby surround boxes, experiencing everything that happens from the sidelines/background possibly without the seeds/hosts of his seeds even noticing.
I'd say that is quite creepy...especially when imagining MX "sitting" there with that creepy grin and innerly laughing about such things like i.e. Saix planning to "betray" the Organisation together with Axel.
This would also explain why he was completely unconcerned with having Vanitas being in possession of the X-blade he created with Ventus. If Vanitas really had won the struggle with Ven, defeated Aqua and then tried to "rebel" against Xehanort by using the X-blade for himself, Xehanort would then have played his "directly control the seed"-card and crushed Vanitas' feeble attempt under his heels.
That is quite creepy when you word it like that. xD

It's not so much the DBZ-comparison itself that irks me but the (proposed) sin of the KH series turning into something like it when it already was like this from the very first installment.
It is not something new to the series that was introduced only in BBS or DDD, the basic premise of it was there since the beginning of the franchise.
So if KH is "ruined" by it as some fans claim it to be, it was ruined from the very beginning.
Even disregarding the mass revival of worlds at the end of KH 1, the issue was stated and foreshadowed earlier during the game:

What I ask myself is more "if they do not like this kind of idealistic series, why do they even follow it then?"

Spinning the ball back to DBZ, the issue of "everyone returning from death several times" apparently did not really hamper its vast popularity at all.
Interesting thing is, as far as I know, that DBZ (or rather Dragonball, the first incarnation of the series) was, alongside Sailor Moon, the first true success of japanese animated media in the west in the early 90's.
Funnily, Sailor Moon itself is as ridden with this death=>revival cycle as DBZ is as well, since Sailor Moon consists of five "sagas" and in each saga (most often during the beginning of the finale) at least two or three if not all of the Sailor Scouts except Moon herself die in some fashion.
Notable is that (at least in the manga), the author Naoko Takeuchi manages to make each instance equally heartwrenching despite the in the background looming "insurance" of the great silver crystal having the powers to revive.
It's not so much one reviving that's the hitch I think but the fear that it'll happen on a regular basis. So far anything that's revived has had established causes as to why.
In DBZ however it got to the point were Goku or someone else could go all hail mary one minute and not worry because they'll come back two chapters later.

It is indeed true. DBZ & Sailor Moon were the first big major successes outside Japan but also keep in mind that was nearly 20yrs ago. It's not the same fanbase as before and the ones that grew up on them don't hold the same tastes as their 5yr old selves did.
And most important of all just because it worked for one series doesn't mean it should be used for others. Such a thing could even hurt one story while it flourishes in another. That however is another matter.

I myself don't think KH has reached DBZ territory yet as each time something returned there was reason however at the same time I don't want that to become as common place as it did in DBZ. If someone or something is destroyed and there's no preestablished concepts to save them then they definitely shouldn't just throw one in to rectify it.
Even the infamous cases of Roxas, Namine and Xion among such fans you mention have reason for return because their hearts never passed on like traditional KH death.

Hehe, looks like I managed again to give incentives for more theories...*ggg*.
This is indeed something to take note of, as while we see hearts in the series as these glowing "orbs", they aren't really true physical objects or organs at all. That "orb" is (I think) also only a sphere/corona that surrounds the "true" heart that is actually formed like a heart.
It is said that MX "cuts" Ven's heart to extract the Darkness from it and create Vanitas, yet the sphere that is ripped out of Ven's chest in BBS from the Keyblade beam that is supposed to be a "part" of his heart looks exactly the same as the other hearts we have seen so far in terms of visual style.
Even the "seed" MX blasts towards Sora in the DDD Finale looks the same.
Keyblades however can directly affect hearts so I think it depends on what one defines as a "literal" piece. It certainly isn't literal in the sense in that something physical (that you can touch) is cut off and removed from the body, but it may be literal on the plane of existence the heart in general exists as Ven's awakening station clearly shows nearly a quarter "ripped out of it".
Thoughts and memories are important parts of a heart, so it is certainly possible that the "parts" Xehanort shoots out as "seeds" are actually thoughts/memories or something similar.
The heart is a metaphysical object in KH, but it certainly has some tangible effects on a being as the above examples show.
It's true the keyblade can affect hearts but I find the differences in MX and Ven to different. Mainly because how can MX recomplete in DDD, regardless of what body he may or may not be in, if his heart itself is no longer "whole".
It's possible MX himself truly isn't whole but just now a splintered existence spread over 13 bodies but why is one such body looking more MX than the rest? If he's just spread seeds then you'd think that like Xigbar or Saix each vessel had a mixed appearance.

The connection thingy could actually be the case as I now realize, as in Xehanort just "attaching" his heart to his victims, just like "baby" Sora attached his heart to Ven's in the prologue of BBS. Unlike Xehanort, Sora had no ill intent at all, but the "appearance"-influence like Sora and Ven sharing the exact same eyes still happened.
In Xehanort's case, this would equal the "attaching the strings" to the puppet.
So instead of a WLAN (MX spreading Heart-seeds that grow into Hotspots he can access) it would be just a normal LAN (no literal seeds but connected by cables(the heart-connection) to the main server (MX's heart)).

Another good point. This would explain why MX cannot just pull MX one year before BBS, MX two years before BBS etc. as members for his Organisation but needs to resort to seeding potential vessels..
Exactly! Just look how much Sora & Ven's connection affected not only them but their others Roxas and Vanitas. There was no splintered heart seeds or mergers, just one connection between people.
Perhaps MX has elaborated on this type of connection.

Yep. This means that each vessel has to be different from MX in some way or fashion, although I doubt the difference itself has to be big.
YX for example truly is MX but he's the Xehanort that hasn't left the islands yet. There's decades of experience, training and research between them and YX says himself that MX is who he will become. To become something means that's not what you are at current after all~

Gram

Banned
Awards
Da bump cause dis chart: Simple File Sharing and Storage.
It's been a real eye opener the past few days. It even contradicts Nomura's statement that MX was the source of time travel siting that role to Apprentice Xehanort instead.

But that aside, looking back at my original post of the thread this specific part of that chart caught my attention:

YRUWXKo.png

It states that MX is indeed in his "true body" by the end of DDD. So once again that brings up the question, if this power of time travel which Ansem gained and shared with Young Xehanort is tied to Ansem rather than MX himself then does that mean this power is now lost to the present Xehanorts?
This power does rely on being a heart that's discarded a body, Ansem was purged completely and vanished after KH2 and then his original self MX revives complete later.

If all this is the case then how will MX summon the versions of himself that's from the past if he no longer has the power? Is it as Sephiroth0812 suggested and he has some spell to summon them without traveling himself? Perhaps the present versions power to time travel is irrelevant so long as one of them, Young Xehanort, is already outside time?

Or maybe it all has to tie into Nomura's odd phrase that Ansem and Xemnas are "outside time" in a DDD interview.....
What do you think?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It does indeed look like the power is lost now.
I don't remember the interview where Nomura said Ansem and Xemnas are "outside time," but isn't the Realm of Sleep itself a realm outside time? It "does not flow," anyway. (Don't forget your thread about how Ansem and Xemnas may have very well been sleeping there after their defeat!)

There may not be a need for time travel now, anyway (not for everynort at least.)
With things like being able to turn the physical into data and vice-versa (and heck, one can even make what's in the pages of a book real,) Master Xehanort could summon his others (Ansem and Xemnas anyway) by extracting them from the RoS by turning them into data and making them physical again with the power of magic computers (if he can access the RoS, that is.)
With said computer (whether it's from the one in Radiant Garden, Disney Castle, or one we don't know about or all of the above) he could also use certain books of prophecies that were owned by the Foretellers to bring forth the rest, maybe, if he has it (which could explain his "destiny is never left to chance" attitude, because he's read what's happened.)

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I don't remember the interview where Nomura said Ansem and Xemnas are "outside time," but isn't the Realm of Sleep itself a realm outside time? It "does not flow," anyway. (Don't forget your thread about how Ansem and Xemnas may have very well been sleeping there after their defeat!)

There may not be a need for time travel now, anyway (not for everynort at least.)
With things like being able to turn the physical into data and vice-versa (and heck, one can even make what's in the pages of a book real,) Master Xehanort could summon his others (Ansem and Xemnas anyway) by extracting them from the RoS by turning them into data and making them physical again with the power of magic computers (if he can access the RoS, that is.)
With said computer (whether it's from the one in Radiant Garden, Disney Castle, or one we don't know about or all of the above) he could also use certain books of prophecies that were owned by the Foretellers to bring forth the rest, maybe, if he has it (which could explain his "destiny is never left to chance" attitude, because he's read what's happened.)

So in other words, there is no longer a need for time travel because he has the power to bring them back through the tomes (aside from maybe his youngest incarnation)? That's definitely quite a good take on all of this.

Gram

Banned
Awards

You always remember my theories. TuT <3

The quote I'm talking about should be in the link you posted. The entire theory is based on it. =]

Hmm the tomes and data would definitely bet interesting. o_0 And honestly so much simpler....

digimikej

Awards
the present norts SHOULD have lost that ability, but in theory, having it is relatively simple. according to that chart you bumped with, all norts have the ability to time travel, but only RF and YX can in actuality. I take that to mean that if RF tags a nort like he did YX, he can give them the ability to time travel. so in theory, once he finished traveling to the past, he could've just done it again, to the future, and tagged every single nort in time up to DDD. Do I think he did? Nope. Should he have? probably.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What if this "timeless place" where Ansem and Xemnas is their suspended animation? What if they found a way to remain in that state, but be conscious at the same time? What if, during their Birth by Sleep, they woke up, but haven't escaped their BbS? Since Ansem and Xemnas were born from Xehanort and Terra, what if Xehanort, Xemnas and Ansem are still in suspended animation because Terra's heart is yet to return to his body? Or what if Master Xehanort is perpetuating this hypothetical state of suspended animation by maintaining Terra asleep?

Gram

Banned
Awards
What if this "timeless place" where Ansem and Xemnas is their suspended animation? What if they found a way to remain in that state, but be conscious at the same time? What if, during their Birth by Sleep, they woke up, but haven't escaped their BbS? Since Ansem and Xemnas were born from Xehanort and Terra, what if Xehanort, Xemnas and Ansem are still in suspended animation because Terra's heart is yet to return to his body? Or what if Master Xehanort is perpetuating this hypothetical state of suspended animation by maintaining Terra asleep?

Well that kinda goes into the theory of mine Fudgemintguardian linked. In that theory the suspended area they are in, to me, hints at the Realm of Sleep. Its where sleeping hearts go and its a realm stated to not have a real flow of time. A perfect place for two hearts lacking a body.
Ansem & Xemnas' sleep wouldn't hinge on Terras heart I don't think but his body. If the fan notion that Ansem and Xemnas formed functioning and separate hearts of their own is right then it's really a matter of lack of presence.
MX and Terra have bodies they can return too, Ansem & Xemnas do not.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well that kinda goes into the theory of mine Fudgemintguardian linked. In that theory the suspended area they are in, to me, hints at the Realm of Sleep. Its where sleeping hearts go and its a realm stated to not have a real flow of time. A perfect place for two hearts lacking a body.
Fascinating. But how will Master Xehanort incorporate Ansem and Xemnas outside the Realm of Sleep? Will he somehow find a way to destroy the fabric that keeps that realm separate from the others?

Ansem & Xemnas' sleep wouldn't hinge on Terras heart I don't think but his body. If the fan notion that Ansem and Xemnas formed functioning and separate hearts of their own is right then it's really a matter of lack of presence.
It seems farfetche'd, but yes, I believe both of them formed a heart of their own or Xehanort somehow found a way to do so.

MX and Terra have bodies they can return too, Ansem & Xemnas do not.
Terra, yes, but MX? He discarded his body years ago. Did he preserve it just in case? Or are you referring to Young Xehanort?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Terra, yes, but MX? He discarded his body years ago. Did he preserve it just in case? Or are you referring to Young Xehanort?

He discarded his body, so what?
His heart still belongs to that body so in the event of recompletion it would go back to that body, not the one he hijacked to take a ride in.

He didn't need to preserve it because it wasn't destroyed. The heart just abandoned the body, but the body itself and the soul belonging to it are still intact, just being swallowed into the Darkness for the duration.

Just because the heart leaves doesn't mean the body gets actually destroyed. The body only "dies" if you remove the soul of if the soul runs out of energy.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
He discarded his body, so what?
His heart still belongs to that body so in the event of recompletion it would go back to that body, not the one he hijacked to take a ride in.
Are we sure about that, though?

Ansem and Xemnas are two parts of a whole that was Terra's body and Xehanort's heart. Wouldn't the recompletion, then, be for that body?

Of course, if there were already a heart occupying the body, and there were another body linked to that heart that it could choose instead...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Are we sure about that, though?

Ansem and Xemnas are two parts of a whole that was Terra's body and Xehanort's heart. Wouldn't the recompletion, then, be for that body?

Of course, if there were already a heart occupying the body, and there were another body linked to that heart that it could choose instead...

The recompletion process restores the original person, as in all parts that belong to the original being in question are restored back to where they belong.
The recompletion isn't only for the body.

Ansem and Xemnas were created from a mishmash of parts from several persons, when they were destroyed, all those parts were released and thus reform in their original state.
MX's heart doesn't belong with Terra's body and soul, so unless Xehanort can somehow control the recompletion process, his main heart (not talking about seeds here) would be put back where it belongs, in its own body.

Gram

Banned
Awards
We also got this chart from the memorial ultimania saying MX had returned to his true body: Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Edit cause screenshot helps:
YRUWXKo.png

As Seph said recompletion restores hearts divided from their bodies, Terras body isn't MX's body. Recompletion is like the reset button. If the hearts discarded body is waiting the heart that left it will return to it. (this fact though leaves Ansem, Xemnas and Eraqus in iffy terrain)

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
We also got this chart from the memorial ultimania saying MX had returned to his true body: Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Edit cause screenshot helps:
YRUWXKo.png

As Seph said recompletion restores hearts divided from their bodies, Terras body isn't MX's body. Recompletion is like the reset button. If the hearts discarded body is waiting the heart that left it will return to it. (this fact though leaves Ansem, Xemnas and Eraqus in iffy terrain)
Or iffy Terrain. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Sorry, I really hate this aspect of the series. Have to find amusement where I can.

Why does this have to be so mysterious? Like, what does the plot gain by withholding this stuff, Nomura? NOTHING.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III can't only be "the game that ends the Xehanort Saga". There needs to be powerful and mysterious plot points that can make the game more than a movie where we'll get to see the characters fight the baddies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
They're the same. They release bits and bits of the plot while the fandom floods the web with wild and elaborate theories.

Sad part being a good deal of theories end up right. Terranort in particular was a fan theory since KH2fms secret ending. lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sad part being a good deal of theories end up right. Terranort in particular was a fan theory since KH2fms secret ending. lol

I think a member once said, years ago, that Kingdom Hearts was starting to become predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back