• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So this caught my attention

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Terranort in particular was a fan theory since KH2fms secret ending. lol
That's crazy. I remember seeing someone say that KH was going to use time travel after they saw Blank Points.

I don't even know how they'd come to that conclusion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sad part being a good deal of theories end up right. Terranort in particular was a fan theory since KH2fms secret ending. lol

This is why I love this forum xD I've seen fans of all kinds guess the plot of each game almost down to the T in the years I've been on here.

It's nice to know we have smart fans who can see through Nomura's vagueness as if we haven't already caught on (which is always frustrating, especially right now when we have already figured out the Xehanort & Eraqus opening thing)

That's crazy. I remember seeing someone say that KH was going to use time travel after they saw Blank Points.

I don't even know how they'd come to that conclusion.

The conclusion was arrived at due to the rewind-y stuff going on. It is pretty amazing.

Edit: (I was reading two topics at once and got my thread posts & quotes confused!)

As evidence goes in this series, it was definitely enough to draw some conclusion, though many people (myself included) tried to ignore it as anything that would actually give way to time travel in this series.

Gram

Banned
Awards
This is why I love this forum xD I've seen fans of all kinds guess the plot of each game almost down to the T in the years I've been on here.

It's nice to know we have smart fans who can see through Nomura's vagueness as if we haven't already caught on (which is always frustrating, especially right now when we have already figured out the Xehanort & Eraqus opening thing)
lol My personal fave would have to be either Terranort or Ventus. Ventus>Roxas was obvious but I remember seeing theories of Ventus ending up in Roxas through Sora with detail of them being separate minds. xD
Terranort was guess by just Terra's eyes in the video turning yellow and using a render of the Apprentice from KH2. x'D

I find it adorable they keep insisting are referring to the KH3 opening characters as "mysterious". lol

As evidence goes in this series, it was definitely enough to draw some conclusion, though many people (myself included) tried to ignore it as anything that would actually give way to time travel in this series.
Thankfully Nomura limited it at least. Though I wish it had never been used. I don't like what time travel does to most stories. x[

Then quietly steals our theories for the story plot... >_>

They might do it. haha
Or Nomura sees these kind of forums, realizes his plan is known and adds those "surprises" of his to try and dupe us. (only adding convolution it in the process xD)

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
They might do it. haha
Or Nomura sees these kind of forums, realizes his plan is known and adds those "surprises" of his to try and dupe us. (only adding convolution it in the process xD)

O_O He probably already infiltrated this forum as his idea tank! >_>

Quick say something nice to him and add an idea!

Nomura is the best ever! PUT WRECK IT RALPH IN KH3! :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
O_O He probably already infiltrated this forum as his idea tank! >_>

Quick say something nice to him and add an idea!

Nomura is the best ever! PUT WRECK IT RALPH IN KH3! :3

I doubt he'd stay long if he's here. All the Days, DDD, and some CoM hate would bum him out. haha

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
lol My personal fave would have to be either Terranort or Ventus. Ventus>Roxas was obvious but I remember seeing theories of Ventus ending up in Roxas through Sora with detail of them being separate minds. xD
Terranort was guess by just Terra's eyes in the video turning yellow and using a render of the Apprentice from KH2. x'D

I find it adorable they keep insisting are referring to the KH3 opening characters as "mysterious". lol

Thankfully Nomura limited it at least. Though I wish it had never been used. I don't like what time travel does to most stories. x[

They might do it. haha

When until you find out that Master Xehanort has a son.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
When until you find out that Master Xehanort has a son.

Hey, Young Master Xehanort bishie as all hell, so he may have gotten hitched with someone at some point. That kid could be a Seeker of Darkness. Or perhaps Young Master Xehanort lied and is in fact that son and just so happens to be Xehanort II/Jr. or something...

I...I...I would honestly not know how to react to that twist.

What if the one that bore his son was Kairi's grandmother?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Hey, Young Master Xehanort bishie as all hell, so he may have gotten hitched with someone at some point. That kid could be a Seeker of Darkness. Or perhaps Young Master Xehanort lied and is in fact that son and just so happens to be Xehanort II/Jr. or something...

What if the one that bore his son was Kairi's grandmother?

Kairi....say hello to your Uncle Xehanort Jr for me.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

They might do it. haha

It is not difficult at all to start calling Nomura's twists before they happen. My personal favorite was when I called Vanitas looking like Sora. And this is still happening, LIKE THIS THREAD FROM A FEW MONTHS AGO FOR EXAMPLE

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/187780-other-keyblade-wielders.html

/bitter

You get Grassy, maybe yours truly and a few other members of the community locked in a room for a while and we'll come out with the plot for III.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
He's taking a page from Hideo Kojima.

Nomura and Kojima are good friends in real life, so this is not really a surprise. ;)

Well, to all the casual fans who don't pay too much attention to the story and those "I don't play any spin-offs only numbered games count"-whiners, the characters are still mysterious because most of these people don't know anything about what happens outside KH 1 and 2.

That's more like Nomura's reaction would be if he would ever frequent a fan forum of any kind. In one interview he specifically spoke about sometimes even changing his own ideas for the plot when he feels the fans could guess too much what will happen.
Considering what some of our best nerds around this forum can come up with in terms of theories, I would guess that if Nomura would see them he would need to include so many twists and surprises just for the heck of it that it hampers the plot as a whole even more than it already does.

This "tick" of Nomura to have the need to always make the story "surprising" and unpredictable in nearly every aspect is also a factor why it comes over as too complex in some areas.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Kairi....say hello to your Uncle Xehanort Jr for me.

Quick! We must make this canon!

But in all seriousness, I can honestly see the writers trying to make a connection between Xehanort and Kairi's grandmother if not solely due to the fact that they are original characters and that she is one of the few in the entire series that seems to be aware of the legend behind the Keyblade War.

It is not difficult at all to start calling Nomura's twists before they happen. My personal favorite was when I called Vanitas looking like Sora. And this is still happening, LIKE THIS THREAD FROM A FEW MONTHS AGO FOR EXAMPLE

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/187780-other-keyblade-wielders.html

/bitter

You get Grassy, maybe yours truly and a few other members of the community locked in a room for a while and we'll come out with the plot for III.

The strangest thing about that is if we managed to get some of our forumgoers in here, we might produce a more cohesive plot...

Nomura and Kojima are good friends in real life, so this is not really a surprise. ;)

Well, to all the casual fans who don't pay too much attention to the story and those "I don't play any spin-offs only numbered games count"-whiners, the characters are still mysterious because most of these people don't know anything about what happens outside KH 1 and 2.

That's more like Nomura's reaction would be if he would ever frequent a fan forum of any kind. In one interview he specifically spoke about sometimes even changing his own ideas for the plot when he feels the fans could guess too much what will happen.
Considering what some of our best nerds around this forum can come up with in terms of theories, I would guess that if Nomura would see them he would need to include so many twists and surprises just for the heck of it that it hampers the plot as a whole even more than it already does.

This "tick" of Nomura to have the need to always make the story "surprising" and unpredictable in nearly every aspect is also a factor why it comes over as too complex in some areas.

The disturbing thing about that statement is that you're probably completely right. Since Nomura has a thing for wanting to give out surprises, convolution seems to occur as a result.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The strangest thing about that is if we managed to get some of our forumgoers in here, we might produce a more cohesive plot...

The sad thing about that is just some of the more random ideas I've seen in threads over the years just form new fans would make a more cohesive plot.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The sad thing about that is just some of the more random ideas I've seen in threads over the years just form new fans would make a more cohesive plot.

Either more complex plots or a lot of the members predict the outcome of the series and make it, like a member once said, predictable.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Either more complex plots or a lot of the members predict the outcome of the series and make it, like a member once said, predictable.

The problem is KH isn't even that complex just convoluted. What makes it complex to many is the fact the key details aren't put in the games to be heard or seen.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
The problem is KH isn't even that complex just convoluted. What makes it complex to many is the fact the key details aren't put in the games to be heard or seen.

That, and prior to the ReMIX collections over the past couple of years, the games have been split over a grand total of FIVE different systems (Playstation 2, Game Boy Advance, the Nintendo DS, Playstation Portable and the Nintendo 3DS). Not everyone is willing to invest in getting every system just to play one (or two in the DS and PS2's case) games for that system. Granted, there are wikis and sites like this one, but still.

Also, those are the ones just on the consoles. coded was originally on mobile game and Chi is a browser game...

Gram

Banned
Awards
That, and prior to the ReMIX collections over the past couple of years, the games have been split over a grand total of FIVE different systems (Playstation 2, Game Boy Advance, the Nintendo DS, Playstation Portable and the Nintendo 3DS). Not everyone is willing to invest in getting every system just to play one (or two in the DS and PS2's case) games for that system. Granted, there are wikis and sites like this one, but still.

Also, those are the ones just on the consoles. coded was originally on mobile game and Chi is a browser game...

That also hurt it badly. Also don't trust a KH wiki to soundly. Ones best bet to follow the series but couldn't invest then would be watching the scenes on youtube. Which even still was lacking cause Nomura doesn't bring up key details until asked in an interview. x[

I know he likes the ambiguity but dang it if your gonna leave things in the games ambiguous don't answer them in interviews either.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That also hurt it badly. Also don't trust a KH wiki to soundly. Ones best bet to follow the series but couldn't invest then would be watching the scenes on youtube. Which even still was lacking cause Nomura doesn't bring up key details until asked in an interview. x[

I know he likes the ambiguity but dang it if your gonna leave things in the games ambiguous don't answer them in interviews either.

Nomura and his interviews is something that began to be heavily criticized after the "trilogy", as I like to call them (coded, Days and Birth by Sleep). Is fine that you want to leave your fans on the edge of their seats while trying to picture the possible outcome of whatever is happening or will happen to the characters, but don't answer those questions in interviews, please, it's anti-climactic. Sure, in the past we liked that, but damn, KINGDOM HEARTS is FINALLY getting that third game that will end everything once and for all (the Xehanort Saga).
Also, let's not forget how Xemnas's complicated relationship with his Keyblade and his memories were going to be an issue to be touched in the future, but apparently, won't be. I just think Nomura has been wanting to do a lot of things, but needs to remember that he can't get very creative because the saga already has a lot of complicated elements to be explained.
Somehow, and I have a bad feeling about this and I hope I'm being melodramatic, the Foretellers and the Tomes will be utilized to justify some plot points as "things that were meant to happen", as in "this is all because of fate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back