• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happens if Young Xehanort is defeated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I don't mean to start any other problems, it's probably explained like everything else here but I just wanted to make sure of a point I thought of. I understand defeating YX or any other of the time traveling Xehanort's will just send them back and not affect the present, and this may be answering my own question, but what about Ansem SoD? Since he was the one that set all of this time traveling business in motion would defeating him cause anything to happen? If you think this point is sufficiently explained in the previous posts just say so and that'll answer my question. :p
Considering he was defeated badly in DDD, I'd say that XH/Ansem is no different from every other Xehanort, in that he'd simply be someone to be picked up. His bodiless counterpart, RF, might be another story, since that's when he's not part of the flow of time.

So if he can just keep coming back, then he can't be defeated, right?
Considering how MX noted that the Xehanorts were "running out of time" and had to return to their respective times, there does seem to be reasonable limits to their time-traveling powers. So, YX could keep on coming back after being defeated, but probably not immediately afterwards.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I wouldn't say he can keep coming back. When Ansem SoD went back to tell YX what to do he told him when to go to. If YX was defeated at an unexpected time and sent back and lose his memories of the future then he wouldn't be able to go to the present again unless he was told when to go to.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No, he can be defeated. They have to defeat Master Xehanort, the one who has been running away from his death all of this time. Put an end to him, and there is no way they can travel to the present anymore. They can travel only through time where a form of Xehanort exists, so you put an end to the Xehanort from the present and you stop them in their tracks. Time moves forward and life goes on. There'd be no way for him to reach the present again.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Considering he was defeated badly in DDD, I'd say that XH/Ansem is no different from every other Xehanort, in that he'd simply be someone to be picked up. His bodiless counterpart, RF, might be another story, since that's when he's not part of the flow of time.

Sorry, RF was what I meant. Since RF is the only one not a part of the flow of time would defeating him cause anything to happen?

Nayru's Love

Awards
Sorry, RF was what I meant. Since RF is the only one not a part of the flow of time would defeating him cause anything to happen?
Actually, the root of the time-traveling powers should be MX, not RF; RF merely inherited them from MX. Personally, I think that, so long as MX's heart is away from his original body, he cannot truly age or die, and will be able to play with time until his heart and body reunite.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, the root of the time-traveling powers should be MX, not RF; RF merely inherited them from MX. Personally, I think that, so long as MX's heart is away from his original body, he cannot truly age or die, and will be able to play with time until his heart and body reunite.

Good points but since RF did cast aside his body and became just a heart then he won't be able to reunite with his body correct?

Nayru's Love

Awards
Good points but since RF did cast aside his body and became just a heart then he won't be able to reunite with his body correct?
RF did reunite with his body, though. As a heart inside Riku's body, the heart and body were separated by the light of KH. Which, after reading this:

Expect some weird deus ex machina solution to the Xehanort problem. Like Sora uses the powers of Kingdom Hearts to do something or whatever.

I think I'm gonna post another thread.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Edit:

Never mind just came across this in an interview:
— What about Xemnas and Ansem, essentially they weren’t inside anyone, was it due to circumstances of the worlds of sleep?

Nomura: First off, when Young Xehanort made contact with the Brown Robed Figure, that is to say, the Xehanort who called himself Ansem, his abilities were transferred to him. As a result of Master Xehanort tossing his physical body, he was able to exceed time, and this power was carried into the Brown Robed Figure. Thus when Young Xehanort made contact with him, he gained this power. Possessing this power. Young Xehanort functioned as a “portal”, summoning Xemnas and Ansem each time they appeared. That’s why Young Xehanort was there whenever they appeared. Additionally, when Sora and Riku dropped into the worlds of sleep, simultaneously Young Xehanort himself goes into the world of sleep.
Source: http://www.khinsider.com/news/KH3D-Famitsu-Weekly-Interview-Translated-2603

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Awards

Actually the way it was explained by nomura is that the power to time travel comes from RF. He's the version of Xehanort that cast aside his body and thus the one that is free to roam times flow.
He's also the one that gave this power to YX (somehow) and sent him on his DDD trip.

Not to say MX isn't the mastermind, as he is, and he's likely got a way to gather his selves but technically speaking RF is the source of time traveling as a power.
That's not what I'm reading.

Famitsu Interview said:
First off, when Young Xehanort made contact with the Brown Robed Figure, that is to say, the Xehanort who called himself Ansem, his abilities were transferred to him. As a result of Master Xehanort tossing his physical body, he was able to exceed time, and this power was carried into the Brown Robed Figure. Thus when Young Xehanort made contact with him, he gained this power.

It comes off as rather confusing since most would interpret that as Terra-Xehanort and Apprentice Xehanort having access to those time-traveling powers, which clearly wasn't the case (in that those two can't time-travel like RF).

Gram

Banned
Awards
You missed my edit bro . (also that font used in the quote is incredibly hard to read)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's really dark to me, nearly the same color as the forum skin.

So you're using the obviously broken dark skin rather than the default that's perfectly fine... why?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You got something against the color of his skin?
Clown College is meant to be a dark variation of the forum theme, however it is very broken so Anagram complaining about the font colour in the quote was because of the theme, nothing that you did.
It has nothing to do with the actual colour of Anagram's skin.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Okay, now that the skin matter has been clarified, let's get back on topic.

I've got something that I've been wondering about. It was said by Nomura that YX gained the power to travel through time when in contact with RF, right? That's why YX could fetch Xemnas and Ansem SoD from their respective times, acting as his portal. Now since YX had gained the power from RF, could Xemnas and Ansem SoD have gained it for having been in contact in YX? Or is it impossible to begin with since YX was still bound to his body, thus unable to transfer it like RF did?

Gram

Banned
Awards
So you're using the obviously broken dark skin rather than the default that's perfectly fine... why?

I'm not even sure what your talking about, I dont mess with skin settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back