• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happens if Young Xehanort is defeated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpChaos

If YX is defeated in KH3, wouldn't he die and be unable to go back to his own time, thus undoing pretty much all the events in the series?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
hypothetically if he were to die at the end of KH3, I think that all of the other xehanorts would cease to exist. Though I think it's safe to assume that he won't die at the end of KH3, but rather be sent back to his own time with no memories of his actions or the things he has witnessed.

WarpChaos

That's what I'm saying. If they all cease to exist, then all the stuff they did never happened.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
If I recall right, doesn't one have to discard their body anyway to time travel? If that's the case then YMX is technically impervious as long as he's in another time line. I doubt they'd go the "and then it's as if it never happened because time travel biz" route though.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's not known if you can "die" outside your time, but defeat would probably just send you back to your original time. We've seen in with Xemnas; after getting his butt handed to him by Sora, he simply disappeared (teleport-style, not dissipating into thin air like when he was defeated "for good" at the end of KH2) only to appear again a few scenes later.

That said, an important caveat is that while it was applicable to Xemnas, it may not be to YX seeing that he is from whom all other Xehanorts grew from.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Time itself is immovable, and I expected that to mean unchangeable. I expect Xehanort to be returned to his timeline if he's defeated, otherwise I think Xehanort would have planned something more detrimental to his enemies throughout time.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
This is the problem with time plots. There is so much unknown stuff that we don't know that it's impossible to do something with it without it feeling like an ass-pull. I really hope they don't go for the whole "Reset Button" ending, otherwise there will be blood in the streets. :worried:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty sure he'd just go back to his original time. Time cannot be rewritten and everything must occur as it has.

Expect some weird deus ex machina solution to the Xehanort problem. Like Sora uses the powers of Kingdom Hearts to do something or whatever.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
All that really has to happen for all of the Xehanorts to be defeated is the removal of the current one from the flow of time, and there's a few ways to achieve that.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
All that really has to happen for all of the Xehanorts to be defeated is the removal of the current one from the flow of time, and there's a few ways to achieve that.

When you say current one, do you mean Master Xehanort? I don't think Master Xehanort's defeat would result in the other xehanort's returning to their respective timelines. Wouldn't the heroes just have to defeat Young Xehanort for all of the other ones to disappear?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
When you say current one, do you mean Master Xehanort? I don't think Master Xehanort's defeat would result in the other xehanort's returning to their respective timelines. Wouldn't the heroes just have to defeat Young Xehanort for all of the other ones to disappear?

Well, which ever Xehanort is the one in the present; I'm still confused on that, myself (as well as skeptical as to whether or not MX is that Xehanort). All of the other Xehanorts, including YX, can only time-travel to the present so long as a Xehanort (that's not time-traveling) exists in the present. Taking that one down (as in, removing him from the flow of time) takes all of them down.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
This is the problem with time plots. There is so much unknown stuff that we don't know that it's impossible to do something with it without it feeling like an ass-pull. I really hope they don't go for the whole "Reset Button" ending, otherwise there will be blood in the streets. :worried:

You know I think they might actually try to use "Reset Button" scenario. By that I mean that Sora and the others might think that defeating YX would take care of the rest but, as others have said, this would just send him back to his time and they would have to think of another way to defeat Xehanort (probably through the use of Kingdom Hearts).

Gram

Banned
Awards
As stated earlier, time is immovable. In kh history cannot be changed as time wont allow it to be. So going by this stated law any xehanort that has been displaced in time can't be truly defeated which means their likely sent back to where they time hopped from.

As for what would happen to the other Xehanorts, I'd imagine nothing as 1) they're already at their location, YX just takes them there and 2) Yx himself gets his power from the disembodied Ansem seeker of darkness (the robbed figure) so even if YX falls I doubt anything would happen to the others as Ansem is the true source of all the Xehanorts time traveling trolling.

WarpChaos

For all the people wanting a reboot, I think that they could pull a Star Trek, and indeed make it so that if YX is defeated, it undoes everything. Be an interesting touch to see where everybody would be without Xehanort.

Gram

Banned
Awards
For all the people wanting a reboot, I think that they could pull a Star Trek, and indeed make it so that if YX is defeated, it undoes everything. Be an interesting touch to see where everybody would be without Xehanort.

I could only see that come about if Sora or another main manages to utilize the xblade to have kingdom hearts itself rewrite history. (as history has done shown it won't allow any other force do so)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I would hate an ending like that, to be honest. It would make it seem that everything xehanort did had no lasting impact.

WarpChaos

I could only see that come about if Sora or another main manages to utilize the xblade to have kingdom hearts itself rewrite history. (as history has done shown it won't allow any other force do so)

Actually, I meant like I said before, No Xehanort=very different KH universe.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Actually, I meant like I said before, No Xehanort=very different KH universe.

Lack of xehanort wouldn't rewrite fundamental laws like time.
Though it'd be interesting to see how some characters turned out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Rebooting/erasing Xehanort from time is not the way this series needs to go about this.

Besides it being near Toriyama Lightning Saga bullshit levels, by erasing Xehanort all of the friendships Sora and all of the other characters have gained are all lost in an instant. The reason for any of them ever meeting is destroyed. Eraqus would never have met Xehanort to become good friends with him and made him lean more to the light. Ven, the boy with no home, would have nobody to have found him in the nameless world he came from. He'd have never met Terra & Aqua.

Kairi would have never left Radiant Garden, Riku would have never been motivated to leave the island. Sora, Riku, and Kairi would have never met.

Roxas & Xion would have never existed. Namine as well.

It'd be the utter deconstruction of the series that treasures the concept of friendship. Despite all of the cruel things he's done, he's essentially the driving force for all of the good that has resulted in the series.

As it stands, time CANNOT be changed. I don't even think it is worth contemplating a universe where Xehanort didn't exist.

I'm one of the biggest Star Trek fans on this site and that is the last thing I want to see happen with Kingdom Hearts. In Star Trek, it didn't just change time. Elder Spock & Nero created a completely new universe (and a thousand more possibilities that had never existed in the multiverse) by appearing through the black hole caused by the red matter. It became one of the billions of splintering timelines in existence.

You essentially want Kingdom Hearts to gain a billion new universe. Regardless if they defeat YX and undo time, there'd still be a universe where time wasn't undone and consequences resulting from that. It creates too many unnecessary possibilities if you can follow what I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back