• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Protectors of Light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
When discussing who the Lights are I think you have to really take into account Arch-Enemies on the Seekers of Darkness side. The way the cinematics were shown at the end of DDD seems to imply that several versions of Xehanorts will have bones to pick with 1 particular goodguy, who should logically then be a Protector of Light, right?

So if we take a look at what we know, we know that 6 Darknesses are MX, YX, Ansem SOD, Xemnas, Xigbar, and Saix. It's very heavily implied that Terranort (due to MX's stating, "Yes, but Sora and 1 of your 3 belong to me now, making you 3 lights short") and Vanitas (going off the golden eyes) will also be Darknesses.

So, going off the Arch-Enemy theory:

Xemnas' Arch-Enemy = Sora
Ansem SOD's Arch-Enemy = Riku
Saix's Arch-Enemy = Lea
Terranort's Arch-Enemy = Aqua
Vanitas' Arch-Enemy = Ventus

So I'd guess that at least those 5 are lights. Mickey is already a confirmed Light so it'll be interesting to see who his Arch-enemy will be (I'm guessing Pete in the form of Julius).
Well. That type of rivalry isn't really a theme of the 7/13 formula, let alone KH in general. The "7" part seems to represent protection for the seven PoH, whereas the "13" part is...well, unknown as of now. Although I find one of the themes present within the 13 darknesses to be being a brainwashed puppet in the grand scheme of themes.

flurryflames

Ok I actually have been thinking about for a while now. So I am just going to throw it in since this character does have light to some extent. He already plays a role in the Kingdom Hearts series already. So hopefully I dont' get bashed for this. What about Cloud Strife would people be disappointed if he was one of the choesn ones? Does he necessary really need a keyblade to particpate in this war? I think it would be a nice twist and would add more develpment for this character. We could also throw Leon in as well. Why not Reno? It may complicate the Axel/lea thing, but I am sure it would be make things interesting.

Kingdom Hearts staff Noruma threw in the characters from TWNWY so why not them?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
FF isn't that integral to KH's plot, nor does the KH series ever focus on developing the FF universe to that extent.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
just like terra fighting against xehanort with aqua when he was inside his body, couldnt he do the same in these terms?

im sure if this happened, he wouldnt be counted as a protector, but wouldnt terra be able to help from where he currently stands? or is he completely out of control now?

alsouth2

Okay here is the correct list for the Procectors of Light

1.Sora
2.Riku
3.Lea
4.Naimi
5.Terra
6.Aqua
7.Ventus

This will be the actual Protectors of the light. I know you might think Aqua's dead, but she is not. She was stuck and got out of the Realm of Darkness. And you migh not recognize Lea right, Well in KH Chain of Memories, When Axel is helping Sora his heart comes back into him and his name is now Lea.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay here is the correct list for the Procectors of Light

1.Sora
2.Riku
3.Lea
4.Naimi
5.Terra
6.Aqua
7.Ventus

This will be the actual Protectors of the light. I know you might think Aqua's dead, but she is not. She was stuck and got out of the Realm of Darkness. And you migh not recognize Lea right, Well in KH Chain of Memories, When Axel is helping Sora his heart comes back into him and his name is now Lea.

...Nobody thinks Aqua's dead. Aqua has not escaped the RoD. She is still trapped within it.

And we all know who Lea is. That isn't right, though. Axel began to grow a new heart during the events between KH1 and KH2. Sometime during the series the Heartless formed by his heart was destroyed, and when Axel sacrifices himself in KH2, his body and heart were reunited. It is theorized that the budding heart Axel had began to grow and his original heart merged when he became a full person, Lea, again.

Naminé is not one of the seven lights. Terra is not a current light, as he is claimed by the 13 Darknesses at present.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Guys this is really obvious. It's:

Sora
Roxas
Xion
Ven
Data!Sora
Data!Roxas
Namine

Who else better to defeat an army of Xehanort and his clones than Sora and his clones? Kingdom Hearts: The Clone Wars.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I do not think Kairi will be a guardian of light. The guardians of light are meant to protect the princesses of heart. Kairi is a princess of heart, and the princesses of heart act as a substitute for the true KH. You don't just send one of your cosmic keystones to the frontlines. Without the princesses of heart the Door to Darkness would be flung wide open (or dissapear completely) the wall between light and darkness would collapse and the darkness would consume the realm of light. So it does not make sense for Kairi to be one of the guardians of light because it would mean she would have to take on the Seekers of Darkness directly.

I think Yen Sid is training Kairi just so she can protect herself if things start to go horribly wrong and none of the guardians will be able to protect her for some reason.

I believe the guardians of light will be by the time of the final battle in KH3:

1. Sora
2. Riku
3. King Mickey
4. Terra
5. Aqua
6. Ventus
7. Roxas

Arpack

Awards
My question is...how will terra resurface...considering what happened in bbs?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
My question is...how will terra resurface...considering what happened in bbs?
Bringin back the 3 lost keyblade weilder eill be an objective during the game. I sure aqua can revive him with a little keyblade spinnin magic

Smithee

Awards
I do not think Kairi will be a guardian of light. The guardians of light are meant to protect the princesses of heart. Kairi is a princess of heart, and the princesses of heart act as a substitute for the true KH. You don't just send one of your cosmic keystones to the frontlines. Without the princesses of heart the Door to Darkness would be flung wide open (or dissapear completely) the wall between light and darkness would collapse and the darkness would consume the realm of light. So it does not make sense for Kairi to be one of the guardians of light because it would mean she would have to take on the Seekers of Darkness directly. I think Yen Sid is training Kairi just so she can protect herself if things start to go horribly wrong and none of the guardians will be able to protect her for some reason.I believe the guardians of light will be by the time of the final battle in KH3:1. Sora2. Riku3. King Mickey4. Terra5. Aqua6. Ventus7. Roxas
I wonder if it can also work the other way, with the Light consuming the Realm Of Darkness? I'd like to see some sort of Light-based "vigilante" attempt that, as retaliation for all the Darkness-based chaos in the series.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I think the 7 lights will be...
1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mickey
4. Terra
5. Aqua
6. Ventus
7. Roxas

with the assistance from the usuals...
Kairi
Donald
Goofy
Axel

I curious why Terra hasn't resurfaced already considering that Master Xehanort is clearly back... And that What happened to him is similar to what happened to Terra...

also noticed that someone appears next to Roxas in the opening cinematic of 3D. who is it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think the 7 lights will be...
1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mickey
4. Terra
5. Aqua
6. Ventus
7. Roxas

with the assistance from the usuals...
Kairi
Donald
Goofy
Axel

I curious why Terra hasn't resurfaced already considering that Master Xehanort is clearly back... And that What happened to him is similar to what happened to Terra...

also noticed that someone appears next to Roxas in the opening cinematic of 3D. who is it.

The line-up of characters we see in the Opening is only one possible combination of seven lights (not to mention that Donald and Goofy are there as well). Nomura specifically pointed that out in interviews.
While Aqua, Mickey, Ventus, Riku and Sora are sort of confirmed lights, Lea, Terra, Kairi and Roxas are all "candidates" provided as possibilities, but nothing is confirmed yet about the final composition of the seven lights.
It may even be that the actual members of the seven lights change over the course of KH III and the seven we start out with may not be the seven who we get in the end.

If we go with assistance characters who take part in the final battle without being a light I would say it's convenient to include Xion in that group as well.

Terra cannot "resurface" since Xehanort still has control over him, as he said to Mickey in DDD.
Master Xehanort came back but Terra is as of now still a "vessel", one of the 13 Darknesses on MX' side, most likely one of the still hooded members of the new Organisation we saw.

The current status of Terra's heart and why MX returned as old MX is left as an open mystery by Nomura on purpose, as he pointed out in the DDD Ultimania.

Like I said before, the line-up in the opening is only one proposal, it isn't the confirmed lights.
In the scene, Roxas stands between Riku and Terra, and the characters form a battle-line of (from left to right):
Terra - Roxas - Riku - Sora - Mickey - Goofy - Aqua - Donald - Ventus.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
The line-up of characters we see in the Opening is only one possible combination of seven lights (not to mention that Donald and Goofy are there as well). Nomura specifically pointed that out in interviews.
While Aqua, Mickey, Ventus, Riku and Sora are sort of confirmed lights, Lea, Terra, Kairi and Roxas are all "candidates" provided as possibilities, but nothing is confirmed yet about the final composition of the seven lights.
It may even be that the actual members of the seven lights change over the course of KH III and the seven we start out with may not be the seven who we get in the end.
totally forgot about that lol
If we go with assistance characters who take part in the final battle without being a light I would say it's convenient to include Xion in that group as well.
Totally forgot about her as well
Terra cannot "resurface" since Xehanort still has control over him, as he said to Mickey in DDD.
Master Xehanort came back but Terra is as of now still a "vessel", one of the 13 Darknesses on MX' side, most likely one of the still hooded members of the new Organisation we saw.

The current status of Terra's heart and why MX returned as old MX is left as an open mystery by Nomura on purpose, as he pointed out in the DDD Ultimania.

Like I said before, the line-up in the opening is only one proposal, it isn't the confirmed lights.
In the scene, Roxas stands between Riku and Terra, and the characters form a battle-line of (from left to right):
Terra - Roxas - Riku - Sora - Mickey - Goofy - Aqua - Donald - Ventus.

I just it again and it is clearly terra leg lol
Spoiler Spoiler Show

i just thought terra was on the other side standing closer to ven and aqua.

Thanks for the clearup

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What I THINK will happen

1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Kairi
4. Mickey
5. Lea
6. Ventus
7. Aqua

Terra will be 1 of the SoD though will be saved during the final battle.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

I suddenly want this.

Yes, dream! A dream is just a wish your heart makes! ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back