• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Protectors of Light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I think I have actually figured out who all seven actually are. Its actually pretty simple. Go watch the Dream Drop Distance Opening (btw its the best opening of all the games). If you don't want to go watch the opening then here we go.

I think by now everyone has figured out who five of the protectors are:
1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mickey
4. Aqua
5. Ventus

Well, near the end of the opening Mickey has a bunch of books for some reason and he is "summoning" people from the books. Sorry, couldn't think of a better word. Right before he starts the summoning, Master Xehanort has risen himself and a piece of the ground up like in Birth By Sleep. Sora and Riku are already with Mickey getting reaady to fight Xehanort. They had already been confronted by him when Mickey appeared and triedn to get him before he rose the ground up like I said. Finally, Mickey starts to do the summoning from magical books and the first book summons Roxas, the second summons Terra, the third summons Ventus, the fourth summons Aqua, and the last one summons Donald and Goofy.

So now we have got a full roster of:
1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mickey
4. Terra
5. Aqua
6. Ventus
7. Roxas
I know I didn't have to list them again, but I did anyway.

Roxas kinda surprises me, but I can't think of anyone else to be chosen other than maybe Lea or if Yensid came out of retirement. Lea is to soon to become a master, but will be in the game as support. Yensid probably won't come out of retirement and I could honestly see him getting killed off while protecting someone (likely Kairi since he will be helping to train her and will protect her if they are attacked). I can't see Kairi being a protector since she's already a Princess. And Xion simply hasn't been featured enough. Lea, Xion, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy will all be in the game as support.

The only problem with Roxas being one of the guardians is how will he react to being near Sora AND Ventus. Also this opens another spot in the Thirteen Darknesses since Terra won't be a part of the group (Terranort might be a member though).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: The Seven Protectors of Light (Complete Set)

Nomura-Ultimania said:
-Are the 7 Guardians of Light the 7 people raising their Keyblades at the end of the opening movie?

Nomura: But among them, you're missing Kairi, who appeared in the secret ending of this title. Please look forward to finding out whether those seven will be the actual 7 Guardians of Light.

http://forums.khinsider.com/future-...d-ultimania-interviews-famitsu-interview.html

Nope, nope, Nomi isn't going to make it that easy for you.

Awards

I think Nomura is just trying to confuse everybody until it is finally completely confirmed when the game actually comes out, but more than likely these seven are the ones. He just doesn't want to spoil it which I agree with him for doing that because he is the director of the game so he shouldn't spoil his own game because less people will buy it. I myself don't really care if I see a spoiler or even give a few spoilers. Honestly, this isn't really a spoiler. Its all speculation which Nomura loves. Plus, who else would it be? Axel, Xion, Kairi, and Yensid have all been main characters, but not protagonists up until this point. I know they mean the same thing, but thats how I differentiate. I would actually put Mickey in that spot with them as well to be completely honest.

Ruran

Awards

I'm rather iffy about all the people being shown in then opening as being the seven, particularly with Roxas. It doesn't make much sense to spoil something like this, pretend it's not a spoiler then later go: "btw, that was a spoiler." Especially since he went through the trouble of not showing Lea and Kairi in the opening to begin with.

Even with Kairi hinted at as a potential, the only person I can see filling the last spot on the roster is Lea. Or Nomi pulls a wild card and we have an all new character to fill the spot.

Awards

Lea would be the only other person I would even consider. This sounds kinda stupid, but I don't think he will because his Keyblade looks cartoony. Same with Kairi. Mickey has a cartoony looking Keyblade as well, but its not as bad in my opinion plus he could switch back to the Kingdom Key D. Speaking of which, what ever happened happened to the Kingdom Key D?

Got_it_Memorized

Awards

I have thought this for quite some time now. still my theory.
however just to add. It would be so unbelievably awesome to Yensid whip out a Keyblade and go mono a mono with Xehanort.

Ruran

Awards
Cartoony Keyblades=not cool enough to be a PoL (coining the abbreviation now)...

None of the other characters seem incredibly suitable to be the last PoL for one reason or another (cartoony Keyblades not being one of those reasons). Roxas and Xion are inside Sora and he kind of needs them, Yen Sid is retired and he won't give up his pension for shit, Kairi's already a PoH who by definition is supposed to be a protectie even if she can wield a Keyblade, and that's not mentioning that she's the least experienced, and Lea is probably the most suitable of the bunch but it sounds like the reason he got the Keyblade was more to protect Xion and Roxas rather than him being a "chosen one".

For now I'm going to go with the wild card and say we're going to get a new character.

Mickey just doesn't seem like he feels like summoning the KKD. guess he's just more comfy with SS.

Awards
I kinda meant it that way, but I more meant it as it would throw off the mood when they finally face off with the Xehanorts.

Ruran

Awards
Reminds me of how some people said they played BbS and went into the final battle at the Keyblade Graveyard using the that Ice Cream Keyblade and it ruined the entire mood. None of the Keyblades look nowhere near that ridiculous though. At least not enough that I would feel distracted by them...or no more distracted by Sora's massive fuck-off shoes and hair, Kairi's impossibly short dress, %99.9 of the other character's hair styles tbh, and the fact that Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are talking humanoid animals...

It's just that sort of game that demands a high amount of suspension of disbelief but I think Kairi, lea, and Mickey's Keyblades look relatively fine considering some of the other designs we've gotten.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Cartoony Keyblades=not cool enough to be a PoL (coining the abbreviation now)...

None of the other characters seem incredibly suitable to be the last PoL for one reason or another (cartoony Keyblades not being one of those reasons). Roxas and Xion are inside Sora and he kind of needs them, Yen Sid is retired and he won't give up his pension for shit, Kairi's already a PoH who by definition is supposed to be a protectie even if she can wield a Keyblade, and that's not mentioning that she's the least experienced, and Lea is probably the most suitable of the bunch but it sounds like the reason he got the Keyblade was more to protect Xion and Roxas rather than him being a "chosen one".

For now I'm going to go with the wild card and say we're going to get a new character.

Mickey just doesn't seem like he feels like summoning the KKD. guess he's just more comfy with SS.

From what I deduced from the latest Ultimania interviews, Lea getting a Keyblade is according to Nomura mainly because he needs some sort of power to bring back the people he wants (most likely Isa, Roxas and Xion), not because he's a Protector of Light.
Although I do could imagine Lea "filling in" for Terra as long as Terra is still forced to be on the other side.
Also, since when is Lea's Keyblade "cartoony"? The blade looks reminiscent of a friggin' Phoenix, the symbol of rebirth, which also fits the reason why Nomura apparently decided to give Lea a Keyblade.

The seventh spot is either filled by Kairi or Roxas, which one we'll see as Nomura deliberately left it open. Both have reasons for and against being the last one, and as I already said in another thread. Not being a light of the X-blade doesn't automatically exclude a character from taking part in the final battle as additional support, like most likely Donald and Goofy will be.
Just going with the seven alone would also be just playing into Xehanort's plans, so I doubt Yen Sid and Mickey will really go for that.

I also don't know what you mean by "Roxas and Xion are inside Sora and he kind of needs them".
Roxas and Xion already gave back what Sora needed to be complete again, his memories which were stolen and scattered into them. That was already said in Days, they had to disappear in order to give Sora his memories back to make him whole. Their own memories and their consciousness however don't belong to Sora, they belong to themselves.
It's also made clear in DDD that Sora himself wants Roxas (and Xion if he would remember her) to be their own people and considering they most likely grew their own hearts they are capable of being reborn as their own persons. Ansem the Wise also alludes to this when he speaks with Riku in the ending.
However, that doesn't mean one of them has to be a light of the X-blade, the one issue is not conditional to the other.

The main questions are:
1. When will Terra be able to take his designated spot as a protector? Only in the very very last battle when Xehanort's plans are already mostly derailed? Or will he aid without being a X-blade light himself? Then a stand-in for him would be needed, this spot could be either filled by Kairi, Lea or Roxas.
2. Who will be the seventh light? Again, there are reasons for and against every three of the candidates Kairi, Lea and Roxas, we simply can't rule out anyone completely yet.

A new character so shortly before the finale would be very counterproductive because he/she would feel tacked on and come out of nowhere.
Not to mention we have enough characters already who suffered much under Xehanort and deserve to get a shot at him.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think in KH3D they are actually called "Guardians of Light" not "Protectors of Light" though that may change in the english version. Where as Xehanort's side is called "Seekers of Darkness"

This is who I think the Guardians of Light are:

1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mickey
4. Terra (Lea fills in as a substitute until Terra is freed from Xehanort's control)
5. Aqua
6. Ventus
7. Roxas

Roxas is more like a whole being than he ever was a nobody because the guy was born with a heart (Although it was Ven's heart and it was still sleeping and inactive for the most part). Xion is a replica so i'm not sure if that counts against her being chosen as a guardian. But considering she's a copy of Sora/Roxas, I think it's more likely Roxas would be the one to fill the last spot. Though hopefully Xion will become more than just a replica in KH3.

The thing is Xion was created from memories, that was the basis of her existence, so she had to be absorbed into Sora. In the case of Roxas though, if some of Sora's memories hadn't gotten into Roxas, i'm sure Roxas and Sora could have co-exist just fine together. Because i'm pretty sure Nomura confirmed Sora wasn't using a heart projection body, but that Kairi really did restore a physical body for him in KH1. So if it wasn't for the memory thing, Roxas would have never had to have returned to Sora. The only possible issue would have been how Ventus' heart would have been affected.

So Roxas is most likely the final guardian in my opinion.

Ruran

Awards
From what I deduced from the latest Ultimania interviews, Lea getting a Keyblade is according to Nomura mainly because he needs some sort of power to bring back the people he wants (most likely Isa, Roxas and Xion), not because he's a Protector of Light.

That's essentially what I said 'brah.

Although I do could imagine Lea "filling in" for Terra as long as Terra is still forced to be on the other side.
Also, since when is Lea's Keyblade "cartoony"? The blade looks reminiscent of a friggin' Phoenix, the symbol of rebirth, which also fits the reason why Nomura apparently decided to give Lea a Keyblade.

Ask bladewarrior.

The seventh spot is either filled by Kairi or Roxas, which one we'll see as Nomura deliberately left it open. Both have reasons for and against being the last one, and as I already said in another thread. Not being a light of the X-blade doesn't automatically exclude a character from taking part in the final battle as additional support, like most likely Donald and Goofy will be.
Just going with the seven alone would also be just playing into Xehanort's plans, so I doubt Yen Sid and Mickey will really go for that.

Never said that not being a PoL excluded you from the final battle.

I also don't know what you mean by "Roxas and Xion are inside Sora and he kind of needs them".
Roxas and Xion already gave back what Sora needed to be complete again, his memories which were stolen and scattered into them. That was already said in Days, they had to disappear in order to give Sora his memories back to make him whole. Their own memories and their consciousness however don't belong to Sora, they belong to themselves.

It means what it means? Roxas is clearly more flexible in his existence but I've always been under the impression that since Xion is made up of Sora's memories that she was a more vital part of him, regardless of her own memories.

It's also made clear in DDD that Sora himself wants Roxas (and Xion if he would remember her) to be their own people and considering they most likely grew their own hearts they are capable of being reborn as their own persons. Ansem the Wise also alludes to this when he speaks with Riku in the ending.

Which I think is bunk, but what are you gonna do.

However, that doesn't mean one of them has to be a light of the X-blade, the one issue is not conditional to the other.

Then it's sure is a good thing that I never thought that. B)

The main questions are:
1. When will Terra be able to take his designated spot as a protector? Only in the very very last battle when Xehanort's plans are already mostly derailed? Or will he aid without being a X-blade light himself? Then a stand-in for him would be needed, this spot could be either filled by Kairi, Lea or Roxas.
2. Who will be the seventh light? Again, there are reasons for and against every three of the candidates Kairi, Lea and Roxas, we simply can't rule out anyone completely yet.

A new character so shortly before the finale would be very counterproductive because he/she would feel tacked on and come out of nowhere.
Not to mention we have enough characters already who suffered much under Xehanort and deserve to get a shot at him.

It would feel tacked on but Nomi loves his surprises. It's not like he's never thrown curve balls for the sake of shock value before.

*looking at you Vanitas, you Sora recolor you*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's essentially what I said 'brah.

Ask bladewarrior.

Never said that not being a PoL excluded you from the final battle.

It means what it means? Roxas is clearly more flexible in his existence but I've always been under the impression that since Xion is made up of Sora's memories that she was a more vital part of him, regardless of her own memories.

Which I think is bunk, but what are you gonna do.

Then it's sure is a good thing that I never thought that. B)

It would feel tacked on but Nomi loves his surprises. It's not like he's never thrown curve balls for the sake of shock value before.

*looking at you Vanitas, you Sora recolor you*

Ok, he was also not really brought up as a possible candidate anyways. Although the "fill-in" for Terra for a while I won't find that problematic.

*shrugs* Different tastes or whatever I guess.

Wasn't also directed solely at you but in general, people seem to forget that.

Xion was based on Sora's memories of Kairi, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that she developed an own consciousness and will. The existence that was her based on Sora's memories was erased, so that problem does not exist anymore. If she is reborn, her new existence (the "new beginning" as to speak with Ansem's words from Blank Points) with her consciousness in her own heart will not be based on Sora's memories of Kairi anymore, but on her own and those connected to her.
It's known since Chain of Memories that memories are one of the key components that can form a heart. This concept gets only deepened and expanded in DDD.
For Roxas goes the same and it might even a tad easier there, yet granted, maybe I just have an easier time of understanding/accepting all that because I never ever considered both Roxas and Xion (as well as Naminé) just as mere parts of Sora and Kairi, they are way more than that.

I don't see any bunk with that, as it expands the concept of hearts and how hearts are born pretty straightforward without much additional stuff which was already hinted several times throughout the series in CoM, Days and Re: Coded.
Not to mention that Roxas and Xion always wanted to be their own people as well, some people apparently need to let go of part of the bullshit that was preached by a revenge-driven DiZ in KH2.

Lol, ok, although I do get the vibe that some fans seem to irrationally make that wrong connection.

Pfft, while I know Nomura is known for his twists, throwing in a completely new character for the very final battle of the saga with no former ties to anyone of the protagonists or the antagonists is really stretching it.

Vanitas looking either like Sora or Roxas was planned by him ever since the KH2 secret ending was made, he just had not yet decided which one to go with for Vani and which one for Ven, that was also part of the reason why he used armors to hide TAV's faces at first.

Ruran

Awards
Wasn't also directed solely at you but in general, people seem to forget that.

Xion was based on Sora's memories of Kairi, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that she developed an own consciousness and will. The existence that was her based on Sora's memories was erased, so that problem does not exist anymore. If she is reborn, her new existence (the "new beginning" as to speak with Ansem's words from Blank Points) with her consciousness in her own heart will not be based on Sora's memories of Kairi anymore, but on her own and those connected to her.
It's known since Chain of Memories that memories are one of the key components that can form a heart. This concept gets only deepened and expanded in DDD.
For Roxas goes the same and it might even a tad easier there, yet granted, maybe I just have an easier time of understanding/accepting all that because I never ever considered both Roxas and Xion (as well as Naminé) just as mere parts of Sora and Kairi, they are way more than that.

I don't see any bunk with that, as it expands the concept of hearts and how hearts are born pretty straightforward without much additional stuff which was already hinted several times throughout the series in CoM, Days and Re: Coded.
Not to mention that Roxas and Xion always wanted to be their own people as well, some people apparently need to let go of part of the bullshit that was preached by a revenge-driven DiZ in KH2.

Pfft, while I know Nomura is known for his twists, throwing in a completely new character for the very final battle of the saga with no former ties to anyone of the protagonists or the antagonists is really stretching it.

Vanitas looking either like Sora or Roxas was planned by him ever since the KH2 secret ending was made, he just had not yet decided which one to go with for Vani and which one for Ven, that was also part of the reason why he used armors to hide TAV's faces at first.

Okie dokie, wasn't sure.

Makes sense. Days I never finished so tbh, I'm not well versed on Xion's existence.

I don't really like a lot of the concepts 3D implemented or how they expanded on previously established concepts but it's a matter of different strokes. Some fans do tend to take too much as what the characters say at face value and don't consider that some characters are wrong about their ideals. It vexes me so...

Who said they wouldn't have any connections to pre-existing character (wasn't me)?
I don't see it as probable but a possible so I'm going to hold it to a very scientifically accurate estimation of...eeeeehhhhhh-%15 possibility.

I brought that up because Nomi said that the reason he went with Vanitas having Sora's face over Roxas's was because it would be more "shocking". I get the reason why Vanitas looks like Sora, it's not the it doesn't make sense within it's own canon, but it felt like...stretching a bit. Vanitas is the embodiment of Ven's darkness. Sora and Ven's heart's connect. Vanitas looks like Sora because of Ven's connection to Sora. In it self it's easy enough to understand but they went the "long way" when choosing who and how Vanitas would look like. It would have been more logical and simpler for Vanitas to look like Ven for...well obvious reasons. In it self it's not complex but they chose a more complex (by comparison) reason for Vanitas's appearance for the sake of shock value.

Though in retrospect I suppose it's a moot point because canonically Ven and Sora look similar so Vanitas is supposed to look like Ven anyway, albeit, with the obvious color scheme and hair difference.

Awards
I have already explained myself on the cartoony Keyblade comment as I think it would kill the mood of the final battle. Would it bother me if they used Lea as one of the Guardians/Protectors? Not at all. He's been one of my favorites characters since CoM and is a capable enough fighter. Kairi's Keyblade would also probably kill the mood in my opinion, but I doubt she's gonna be one of the lights anyway because she hasn't really ever fought except that one time in KH2 which for all we know Riku may have done like 90% of the fighting as Kairi may have been doing a bunch of swinging and missing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Okie dokie, wasn't sure.

Makes sense. Days I never finished so tbh, I'm not well versed on Xion's existence.

I don't really like a lot of the concepts 3D implemented or how they expanded on previously established concepts but it's a matter of different strokes. Some fans do tend to take too much as what the characters say at face value and don't consider that some characters are wrong about their ideals. It vexes me so...

Who said they wouldn't have any connections to pre-existing character (wasn't me)?
I don't see it as probable but a possible so I'm going to hold it to a very scientifically accurate estimation of...eeeeehhhhhh-%15 possibility.

I brought that up because Nomi said that the reason he went with Vanitas having Sora's face over Roxas's was because it would be more "shocking". I get the reason why Vanitas looks like Sora, it's not the it doesn't make sense within it's own canon, but it felt like...stretching a bit. Vanitas is the embodiment of Ven's darkness. Sora and Ven's heart's connect. Vanitas looks like Sora because of Ven's connection to Sora. In it self it's easy enough to understand but they went the "long way" when choosing who and how Vanitas would look like. It would have been more logical and simpler for Vanitas to look like Ven for...well obvious reasons. In it self it's not complex but they chose a more complex (by comparison) reason for Vanitas's appearance for the sake of shock value.

Though in retrospect I suppose it's a moot point because canonically Ven and Sora look similar so Vanitas is supposed to look like Ven anyway, albeit, with the obvious color scheme and hair difference.

All good. ^__^

Hehe, I am just on Day 193 on my first playthrough of Days. ;P
But having the game scripts does help, as does knowing where to find the most Nomura interviews.
Speaking of our favorite vague Troll, he even enforced the status of Xion in one of the latest interviews:
DDD Ultimania said:
— Lea said the same lines, “Why do I always get the icky jobs,” and “I’ll always be there to bring you back,” to Xion in KH Days when he brought her back. Does he remember that?
Nomura: The nature of the being known as Xion and all memories to do with her were erased, but he would remember other things.

There he practically spills it out: The nature of the being known as Xion was erased. This means that while Xion's consciousness, her own memories (and most likely her grown heart) sleep inside Sora, everything other that has to do with her was erased, which also includes the type of being she once was during Days.
For Naminé and Roxas it isn't exactly the same, but in a way their existences were also "erased" in KH2 as in the meaning that they had to leave the Realm of Light.
They lost all ability to act as themselves and are now sleeping inside Sora, which makes even Young Xehanort's line to Sora ("Your heart has become a prison.") have some (although twisted) sense.

This is also further alluded to by Ansem the Wise's explanations in the ending:
Ansem the Wise said:
That's right. Maybe it will be a clue for you all, to bring back your lost allies. The heart is something that can be born, and nurtured. To touch the light, to feel nature, to connect to people... the accumulation of these things gives shape to the heart. It's the same even for Nobodies who do not have hearts.

Sora is unique; even though he returned to his own body, he allowed his Nobody to exist as it was. That is the strength of the thoughts of the people connected to his heart, the strength of his heart's connections. I dare say that even if he were to lose that heart, those he is connected to could, with just those vanished hearts and existences, bring it back.

One's treasured things, a silent doll, trees in the forest, flowers that sway in the wind... anything has the potential to carry a heart. You don't need any special ability. That light of the heart that everyone had when they were a child - simple, honest thoughts - that is the strength of a pure heart, in which Sora believes and cannot doubt.

f someone feels a heart there, a heart exists. Even if a heart is lost, maybe it can once again be connected. Up to this point, he has felt, accepted, and saved many hearts. And now the many hearts that sleep within Sora's heart have fallen into darkness, been stolen by darkness, sleep in darkness. The hearts dissolved in Sora -- to save them, you must act as Sora has up until now, move forward as a heart in order to succeed. His thoughts are the only way. Or to be precise, what is within them.

He speaks of those vanished existences and hearts and later adds that they may be connected once again.
Personally, I find those things Ansem explained one of the most interesting (and important) points in the game.

When you look through the other titles of the series again you can find many subtle issues that foreshadow the stuff we got now explained in DDD.

Uh, really? I personally find especially the revelations of the functions of hearts to be very satisfying (probably because most of my interpretations and theories about them turned out to be correct).
The only thing I do not get that warm with yet is the whole time-travel issue and the disparity between light and darkness in the second way to forge the X-blade.
But generally I am satisfied. ;)

Yep, some take too much what characters say and WRITE at face value as well.

Touché, although even if there is a connection to an already existing character, introducing a new one would mean that new dude/girl has to get screentime in KH3 to be more than just the "7th tire" on the wagon, and that would take focus away from the other characters and those who need to be saved. We would have the danger of another unwanted spotlight-hogger like Xion was partially in Days.
Sure, sure, I won't rule out the possibility as well, I keep it in the back of my mind, but I still think it would not be a good idea.

So in your book, it would have been better if Vanitas looked like a gold-eyed, pale-skinned, blackhaired Ventus instead of Sora?
*shrugs* Well, it seems that such things are just part of Nomura's style anyways, lol.

I have already explained myself on the cartoony Keyblade comment as I think it would kill the mood of the final battle. Would it bother me if they used Lea as one of the Guardians/Protectors? Not at all. He's been one of my favorites characters since CoM and is a capable enough fighter. Kairi's Keyblade would also probably kill the mood in my opinion, but I doubt she's gonna be one of the lights anyway because she hasn't really ever fought except that one time in KH2 which for all we know Riku may have done like 90% of the fighting as Kairi may have been doing a bunch of swinging and missing.

And yet you still haven't said what exactly is cartoony about Lea's Keyblade. To me, it looks certainly better than many Disney-themed Keyblades.

In a thread where Sephiroth0812 and Ruran post, be prepared to read detailed walls of text, lol.
http://forums.khinsider.com/members/ruran-80333.html

Heh, I just can't help it. I hate one sentence posts and when I make a claim I try to never make it without having some stuff supporting the issue. ;)

Oh fuck, I was afraid we'd become those members lol. XD

I'm afraid I was never someone other than one of those members, *ggg*.

Nah, they're worth reading, seeing as how they're filled with information.

Heh, thanks. ^___^

Ruran

Awards
All good. ^__^

Hehe, I am just on Day 193 on my first playthrough of Days. ;P
But having the game scripts does help, as does knowing where to find the most Nomura interviews.
Speaking of our favorite vague Troll, he even enforced the status of Xion in one of the latest interviews:

There he practically spills it out: The nature of the being known as Xion was erased. This means that while Xion's consciousness, her own memories (and most likely her grown heart) sleep inside Sora, everything other that has to do with her was erased, which also includes the type of being she once was during Days.
For Naminé and Roxas it isn't exactly the same, but in a way their existences were also "erased" in KH2 as in the meaning that they had to leave the Realm of Light.
They lost all ability to act as themselves and are now sleeping inside Sora, which makes even Young Xehanort's line to Sora ("Your heart has become a prison.") have some (although twisted) sense.

This is also further alluded to by Ansem the Wise's explanations in the ending:

He speaks of those vanished existences and hearts and later adds that they may be connected once again.
Personally, I find those things Ansem explained one of the most interesting (and important) points in the game.

When you look through the other titles of the series again you can find many subtle issues that foreshadow the stuff we got now explained in DDD.

Uh, really? I personally find especially the revelations of the functions of hearts to be very satisfying (probably because most of my interpretations and theories about them turned out to be correct).
The only thing I do not get that warm with yet is the whole time-travel issue and the disparity between light and darkness in the second way to forge the X-blade.
But generally I am satisfied. ;)

So in your book, it would have been better if Vanitas looked like a gold-eyed, pale-skinned, blackhaired Ventus instead of Sora?
*shrugs* Well, it seems that such things are just part of Nomura's style anyways, lol.

Heh, I just can't help it. I hate one sentence posts and when I make a claim I try to never make it without having some stuff supporting the issue. ;)

I'm afraid I was never someone other than one of those members, *ggg*.

One of these days I'll probably replay Days it since it was so long since I had started it. I raged quite after not being able to defeat Ruler of the Sky lol.

Since it's been such a long time since I've played Days (and never even finished) most talk of Xion is lost on me. Doesn't help that I found her character boring. But regardless, I refrain from honing in on particular words because Japaneses is a tricky language that doesn't always translate well into English despite a translators best efforts. I think "nature" in particular is one of those strange words and I think it was goldpanner who mentioned that it doesn't translate well because after 3D was released a lot of fans were trying to interpret what MX said when he mentioned the "nature" of something.

The revelations about hearts rendered somethings pointless and feels like a border line Deus Ex Machina to make everyone happy but, eh, they way they went about it just doesn't do it for me. I know they need to expand the story and all but, for instance, I was content with Roxas's story and how his dilemma was that he was an incomplete person and the only to become complete was to become one with Sora and he eventually became okay with it because he would continue to exist. It started way back in Days but they prolonged his story by saying, no, he's not really at peace because he forgot Xion and his whole dilemma as a Nobody becomes somewhat moot because, hey, he can become a real boy because...hearts work like that now. It just doesn't work for me.

Oh Sephy, you are a master of misinterpreting me.
My point wasn't that if Vanitas had a particular look it would be "better" or "worse". It's that Nomi tends to do things for the sake of shock value at times even if it means sacrificing a little logic. Story wise, it's completely irreverent if He looked like Sora or Ven.

Sometimes, less is more.

We will forever be in a heated battle of life or death in KHI Hell. Our only weapons? Walls of text! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back