• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
i wonder what there hardest mode will be and if so what will be the extra stuff like the reports or will they be call Ansem the wise Data Reports lol i wonder what secret boss they will add im caling it right now Vanitas/ Equse / MF reaveld face / Marluxan/ FF BOSS or/ TWEWY BOSS.
WAY to early to speculate about. We haven't even seen any new demos yet to show off some new cutscenes and bosses.

Grey

Umm, isn't it more along chronology and foreshadow? In Sora's/Riku's storyline ofc.

The opening sequences are sometimes foreshadowing, but it's usually a symbolic generalization of the story thus far (except in KH1, where it was a symbolic generalization of the game's beginning).

So, is anyone else totally happy that this Kingdom Hearts game isn't impossibly hard to understand? I feel like I have a better grasp of Dream Drop Distance's idea and concept than I ever did with Birth by Sleep in the promotional period.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
The opening sequences are sometimes foreshadowing, but it's usually a symbolic generalization of the story thus far (except in KH1, where it was a symbolic generalization of the game's beginning).

So, is anyone else totally happy that this Kingdom Hearts game isn't impossibly hard to understand? I feel like I have a better grasp of Dream Drop Distance's idea and concept than I ever did with Birth by Sleep in the promotional period.
What? This entire game has been a total mindbonk. KH diehard fans speculated at BBS' storyline at Jump Festa and some actually successfully predicted things like how Terra would fuse with Master Xehanort. This one has Xehanorts running around, either Repliku or Data Riku, TWEWY characters that somehow came to Traverse Town, and a past dream version of Disney Castle even though it already exists in the Realm of Light. By the way, has it been confirmed if the Country of the Musketeers is Disney Castle's past or an alternate world similar to it?

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Man, I just saw the trailer and got the chills...especially at the Master Xehanort parts; the graphics have gotten much better, at least the CGI.
But I really hope they don't defeat MX in this game. If they do, who will they trump in KH3? But those scenes with Sora, Riku, and Mickey in the Keyblade Graveyard, fighting MX, make it seem like they will.
Wait...maybe that scene is actually a part of the secret ending, and it's actually showing a part of KH3? But where are the others? D, G, TAV, Roxas, Axel, Xion? I doubt any of them would just let SR and Mickey go at Xehanort alone.
Either way, this trailer was very well edited. Especially in the beginning where Yen Sid is talking about MX and it flashes scenes of him. Gave me the creeps...
Seeing Lea, Xion, and Roxas. But I'm surprised we didn't catch a glimpse of TAV. Probably because DDD is for saving the Nobody/Doll gang, and then KH3 will showcase the Apprentice trio.
And then there's Vanitas... I knew they wouldn't leave him! But I think that's a good thing, because Vanitas=Awesome Badassery.
But something scares me about this trailer. How Sora's on that beach and talks about how, if you don't wake up from the dream, you can't return to your original world. Is this pointing at him getting stuck there? Ew.... I really don't want that to happen to the kid.

Flickr

Did anyone notice the changes on Axel/Lea? I don't just mean his teardrop marks, but his facial model looked slightly different to me. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't help but notice that.
Also: Xion's CG model = AMAZING

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Did anyone notice the changes on Axel/Lea? I don't just mean his teardrop marks, but his facial model looked slightly different to me. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't help but notice that.
No. Thanks for pointing that out. We'll see if we can get comparison photos ^_^

bigbadcloud

well dang i missed that i knew there was something odd about lea besides the tear drops not falling on his face lol good find man i need to pay closer to the trailer if i have to find somethng no one has yet lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
well dang i missed that i knew there was something odd about lea besides the tear drops not falling on his face lol good find man i need to pay closer to the trailer if i have to find somethng no one has yet lol
I was being sarcastic. It's been discussed to death about Lea in this thread.

You're not really going to find anything new. I think everyone's mentioned all that happened.

Grey

What? This entire game has been a total mindbonk. KH diehard fans speculated at BBS' storyline at Jump Festa and some actually successfully predicted things like how Terra would fuse with Master Xehanort. This one has Xehanorts running around, either Repliku or Data Riku, TWEWY characters that somehow came to Traverse Town, and a past dream version of Disney Castle even though it already exists in the Realm of Light. By the way, has it been confirmed if the Country of the Musketeers is Disney Castle's past or an alternate world similar to it?

I meant more about how with DDD, we know that there is a realm of sleep, within which worlds that weren't restored to the RoL reside, and that Sora and Riku have been given the task of finding these worlds Keyholes, unlocking them, and bringing the worlds back to the surface. With BbS, we knew that TAV were searching for MX but we had no idea why they were doing that, and the idea of "Birth by Sleep" was incredibly unclear. Then again, maybe part of my confusion there was in the multitude of contradicting theories.

Maybe it's also because the setting of this game is a dream realm, so the weirdness is a little easier to take in. In dreams, it's not unheard of for there to be multiples of the same person running around. And as for the parts of RoL worlds that are in the RoS (can we call it that?), that's at least explained by how memories can be "forgotten, but never lost."

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
wait a min at part 3:06-3:09 sora is not in the dive he has his comand slots and dream eaters with him what world is that?
That's not a world. It seems to be a mini-game/optional boss.

um wat is th beach sora is on?? is he going to save aqua? ?? ? :O
It's the beach in Prankster's Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back