• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Volume II: The Search for More Money

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

Yet I think both games will have a mix of both. I for one wouldn't be too surprised if say Aqua learns something critical about the balance of light and darkness in BBSv2 for example. Likewise, DDD seems to show a bit of Xehanort's backstory.

So the idea that the games have different themes isn't totally accurate, at least not from what we've seen.

billyzanesucks

Yet I think both games will have a mix of both. I for one wouldn't be too surprised if say Aqua learns something critical about the balance of light and darkness in BBSv2 for example. Likewise, DDD seems to show a bit of Xehanort's backstory.

So the idea that the games have different themes isn't totally accurate, at least not from what we've seen.
A few flashbacks aren't unreasonable. It doesn't sound like that will be the main focus of KH3D, though, since it's mainly about Ansem's data and the MoM. Regardless of what occurs with Aqua, it's information from the past or present, not continuing the story into the future. It will answer questions and bring up new plot points, and probably be important, but it's not exactly continuation.

Ronove

You really don't think Aqua/Mickey are going to learn things that continue the plot? Aqua's there for a quite awhile, so she is capable of learning quite a bit. And if we get Time Travel... oh dear. Then the plot will become a timey wimey ball.

Ronove

I think it's a bit naive to think otherwise. Unless you think Kingdom Hearts will just ignore the Vita.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, how droll. You guys still think BBSv2 will be a real game.

We can't deny it's existence. Secret Episode in BBSFM was less of an actual episode and more like some kind of gameplay demo. You'd get items you couldn't use, Eraqus' Keyblade that couldn't be removed, and a battle against a boss that had no plot relevance at all. Then we get "Zero Point" showing a ton of scenes that can only be seen in the past and the words "Birth By Sleep -Volume II-" appears on the screen.

You are rather foolish for not believing in it's existence, especially since Nomura has been talking about a "mysterious game" since BBS came out. He dispelled the notion that it was Re:coded or BBSFM and even said DDD wasn't the game. He continually says that there are two games before KH3 so all that is left is connecting the dots.

Nomura and his teams have probably been playing around with the Vita kit since they got it, I can bet.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Eraqus's MoM Exam: Play with these balls and then smack each other with your keys.

Yen Sid's MoM Exam: YO BRO TAKE A HIT OFF OF THIS ROACH LACED WITH PCP TIME TO PULL SOME INCEPTION SHIT DIVE INTO YOUR DREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMS

Because really, DDD seems like one really good(or bad) acid trip. In any event, you're right Juggernaut6. Even Re:coded, the most unneeded game in the series had more to it than met the eye. It was Roxas pulling some bullshit the whole time. So in DDD there's probably another element at work.

I still maintain that regardless of this additional depth we're practically assured to run into, we'll get half answers at best.

Mr. Yippie: I'd like self contained stories. But DDD ain't going to be it.

chihuahuaman: I disagree. In a meta sense, knowing that DDD will be inconclusive can help us speculate about other stuff in the series.

What? All I'm saying is that this is a pointless hate thread, while Dream Drop Distance is designed to help smooth along the Kingdom Hearts series, while, like I said, this is a hate thread. We honestly have enough of these.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What? All I'm saying is that this is a pointless hate thread, while Dream Drop Distance is designed to help smooth along the Kingdom Hearts series, while, like I said, this is a hate thread. We honestly have enough of these.

It isn't a hate thread but it was starting to be come one with the comments. That was averted about seven comments ago. Chuman, comment on the latest posts, not the stuff on the first page.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think it's a bit naive to think otherwise. Unless you think Kingdom Hearts will just ignore the Vita.

They might, they probably won't, but they might. I for one, am all for Kingdom Hearts Vita.

Ronove

They might, they probably won't, but they might. I for one, am all for Kingdom Hearts Vita.

Well, yeah, I agree whole heartily with that. I'd rather have 3DS and BBSv2 than just 3DS, despite my desire for just one game before KH3. But that's probably because of how much I love Birth By Sleep, Aqua, Mickey Mouse and the UNLIMITED POWER of the Vita.

Zul

Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same engine for BBSv2 and ported it over to the Vita without so much as adding a single polygon to anything.

I was wholly expecting BBSv2 to come out even before KH3D, now that I think about it, if it is a real game and serves as a "connect the dots" game, then it makes sense to come out after KH3D.

In the "trailer" for BBSv2, you see fragments of all of the KH series, not just what happens between BBS and KH1. It'll likely have a lot of scenarios taking place throughout the series to sort of serve as a catch-up game for anyone who hasn't played the previous entries.

If your thread title was a reference to Spaceballs then you won a monocle.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol for some reason if there is a hd collection of KH with just KH1, Re:CoM, and KH2, then I can see BBS being on the same cart as BBSv2. a dual layered UMD could hold 1.80gb (i'm not sure how large BBS was on the UMD) and the NVG cart can hold from 2gb to 16gb (2gb and 4gb available at launch)...Considering we can expect BBSv2 to run on the same engine as BBS, BBSv2 shouldn't take up much space on a 4gb NVG cart at all and leaves ample room for anything.

lol idk what i'm talking about just throwing stuff out there

Ronove

If your thread title was a reference to Spaceballs then you won a monocle.

It was indeed. I regret not spelling money as munney, though. I actually expect BBSv2 to be right before KH3, because we pretty much know all about Xehanort by now. But we don't know much about the ROD, and though we've been told DARKNESS is hella legit we haven't had much of a chance to see that proven. So I think BBSv2 will be all about how darkness is pretty bro tier if you use it well enough and how the ROD isn't totally horrible... maybe.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i hope there isnt aa vm 2 becasue i told my slef im not buying the vita becasue its dumb

Arkrend

i hope there isnt aa vm 2 becasue i told my slef im not buying the vita becasue its dumb
Ah c'mon! It looks pretty sweet. Plus this one actually has Wi-Fi built in.

I'm expecting 3D to cover a little more than character development. Chances are the mark of mastery will only be one level in the entire game. I'm expecting the Mark of Mastery to be the equivalent to the first time we went to Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts, and the time we went to the Mysterious Castle in Kingdom Hearts II.

It's the last introduction level where the plot's goal makes itself clear/er.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

lol. Vita being "dumb". It's game line-up so far is way more impressive than the 3DS. It is a matter of tastes, I suppose. I like it better than the 3DS, at least.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm certainly interested in BBSv2 if it exists, just hoping it will be for a system I already own.
I'm already saving up for a 3DS and since the Vita has no backwards compatibility for PSP and only download-games I see no reason to buy that dreaded thing as well.

Ronove

How is the Vita "dumb", if I may ask? In terms of raw power it can produce a Kingdom Hearts game a step up in potential from BBS, 3DS, and even KH2.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
How is the Vita "dumb", if I may ask? In terms of raw power it can produce a Kingdom Hearts game a step up in potential from BBS, 3DS, and even KH2.

People have their own opinions. Some people are still convinced that the Vita is just an upgraded PSP with 2 touch screens, 1 more analog stick, and better hardware. However, the same can be argued that the 3DS is just an upgraded DS with 3D, 2 more analog sticks, and 2 more shoulder buttons. Really, the argument is almost physically impossible to end -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back