• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The REAL Vanitas Fanclub

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
WHOOPS! used the wrong link, that's why. ^^; i fixed it~

Thanks I see it now.
I've seen other work from this person and I always like how he puts meaning behind his pictures. If I ever get a deviant account I gotta fav him.

NeoEevee

The club! It lives! \o/

SO, while I could ramble about a Vani-including crossover idea (Puella Magi Madoka Magica + KH; Roxas contracts with Kyubey, using his wish to protect those he loves, things go horribly wrong, etc...) BUT I think you'll find this more interesting.

What on earth was Vani's motivation the whole time?

Being pure darkness, "for the evulz" is a distinct possibility, but he seemed really eager to reunite with Ventus. Do you think Vanitas might've felt like he belonged with Ventus, and wanted to go back? He wanted the X-blade, and he wanted to be powerful and in control (that's kind of obvious, I think), but I think he wanted his heart to be whole again, too; he wanted it deep, deep down inside, methinks.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
So I decided to try beating Vanitas' Sentiment for the first time today. As the battle began, I thought, "Only one health bar? That's not very ha-OMG WHAT IS HAPPENING DID HE JUST KILL ME IN TWO SECONDS??? WHAAAAAAAT??" I tried again, and again, and again, but he still pwns me every time. Curse you, Vanitas Sentiment! CURSE YOU!!!!!

I don't know where my usual welcome went to.

O_O Maybe Vanitas took it!!!!

SO, while I could ramble about a Vani-including crossover idea (Puella Magi Madoka Magica + KH; Roxas contracts with Kyubey, using his wish to protect those he loves, things go horribly wrong, etc...) BUT I think you'll find this more interesting.

Awww, I feel bad that I can't discuss that more with you, but my knowledge of anime and manga is extremely limited, so I wouldn't understand what you were talking about. At least I can say that I think Vani's a fun character for fanfiction purposes because he's so unlike any other character in KH, being a creature of pure darkness, that the story possibilities are endless.

What on earth was Vani's motivation the whole time?

Being pure darkness, "for the evulz" is a distinct possibility, but he seemed really eager to reunite with Ventus. Do you think Vanitas might've felt like he belonged with Ventus, and wanted to go back? He wanted the X-blade, and he wanted to be powerful and in control (that's kind of obvious, I think), but I think he wanted his heart to be whole again, too; he wanted it deep, deep down inside, methinks.

That's a really interesting idea. He showed a lot of disdain for Ven though, so if your theory is correct, then I think he was more attracted to the idea of being whole and having complete control over Ven than anything else.

When I played BBS, my impression was, essentially, "for the evulz." He's a being of pure darkness, and he seemed to REALLY like the idea of starting another Keyblade War. I think he just wanted to start a chaotic apocalypse where darkness would reign, and he didn't particularly care if he achieved it through MX's plans or his own, as we saw with the way he almost killed Ven and considered using Aqua instead. That's why I don't really buy into the accusation that he was just MX's lackey. I think MX just showed him a goal that he supported for his own reasons, and offered the most likely way of getting that goal accomplished.

Zul

Awards
My idea is sort of in the other direction, I do think he regards MX as his master, and Ventus as nothing but an ingredient to forge the X-Blade, similar to how MX sees Terra as nothing but a Vessel.

He does try to kill Ven, but make sure you look at the rest of the dialogue, he does state that he's doing this because he thinks there is NO chance whatsoever that Ven will get strong enough to forge the X-Blade, he says something along the lines of "I'd be going against the master, but you don't even have a chance". Once he realizes that Ventus did pack a punch(With Mickey) he left.

I think his motivation is as simple as him being an apprentice who shares the goals of his master.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
I'm confused about what Vanitas FC is the right one..
But going by what Theart said in one of the other ones, it's this one... ? ^^;;.

I'd like to join anyway.
/runs off.
~Umbra~

I dont think Vanitas want to join with Ven because he felt incomplete . He did it to take full controle of ven and create the xblade. And his and MX relationship is just two people who share a same goules thats it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
so uh, you think aswa's coming back anytime soon?

it'd suck if the vanitas fanclub had to be remade for a 5th time D:

(yes, I still like Vanitas even if he's a troll and his character was entirely wasted potential)

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
This FC -needs- to be bumped.

Who else here has read the summary on Vanitas' background from the BBS novels? ;_;

BEST KH VILLAIN. <3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This FC -needs- to be bumped.

Who else here has read the summary on Vanitas' background from the BBS novels? ;_;

BEST KH VILLAIN. <3

I have! :D

Vanitas, I take back everything bad I've said about you in the past ;_;

...does aswa even come here anymore? Or do we need to make a Vanitas FC V5?

Zul

Awards
If you do, please avoid labeling him as God :s

Anyway, I still don't know if that Novel backstory is real or not.

1. If it is, he's easily one of my favorite characters.

2. If it isn't, they definitely need to bring him back in a future game and add to him somehow.

If it isn't real, and they don't bring him back in a future game, and everything that is his character was seen in BBS, he'd easily be one of the worst, most 1-dimensional characters seen in any RPG in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back