• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New KHBBSFM NO heart boss scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Being lazy would be the same as being an idiot there.
But it's only stupid from a utilitarian perspective, we're not sure what kind of principles he was operating on.

For instance, Batman's choice not to kill, while a nice ideal, can have some hefty repercussions.
If you could kill one person to save a hundred, would you do it? It would seem "stupid" not to, but from a deontological point of view, killing is wrong in any scenario, and so you shouldn't.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I'd rather he be lazy than an idiot. But, maybe that's just me.

Either way, he chose not to wield one, which is stupid no matter how you look at it.

I guess you didn't look at my theory then.

Depending on what wielding a Keyblade does to a Nobody, which is still a mystery, Xemnas may have had perfectly legitimate reasons for not wielding it.

This is not as black and white as you think.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But it's only stupid from a utilitarian perspective, we're not sure what kind of principles he was operating on.
No matter what, it's a hypocritical reasoning. If he chose not to wield because MX's Keyblade "damaged so many people" or whatever, how is that any better than the fact the he is harming millions of people so he can become superhuman and create his own world just like MX wanted.

I think what's really at work here is that "He chose not to" IS the only explanation, and there -isn't- one deeper than that because Nomura wrote himself into a hole. Even he must realize how stupid it is that Xemnas didn't wield a Keyblade so he is saying he wants it to remain a mystery but that he could've simply chosen not to just so that he won't have to come up with a real reason as to why he didn't.

I guess you didn't look at my theory then.
I definitely did not.

Depending on what wielding a Keyblade does to a Nobody, which is still a mystery
Uh, where was there ever evidence that it did -anything- to a Nobody?

This is not as black and white as you think.
Or maybe it's not a Grey as you think it is.

Awards
No matter what, it's a hypocritical reasoning. If he chose not to wield because MX's Keyblade "damaged so many people" or whatever, how is that any better than the fact the he is harming millions of people so he can become superhuman and create his own world just like MX wanted.

I don't think he really cares about other people because he can't. The only ones he's concerned with are the ones in his memories, the ones he promised to set things right for.

So it's not hypocritical so much as it is circumstantial.

I think what's really at work here is that "He chose not to" IS the only explanation, and there -isn't- one deeper than that because Nomura wrote himself into a hole. Even he must realize how stupid it is that Xemnas didn't wield a Keyblade so he is saying he wants it to remain a mystery but that he could've simply chosen not to just so that he won't have to come up with a real reason as to why he didn't.

If that were the case, I think it would have been easier for Nomura to make up an explanation as to why Xemnas can't use the Keyblade.
Instead, he's including No Heart to practically emphasize the point that he could have.

I don't think he would be calling so much attention to a plot hole like that.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
If that were the case, I think it would have been easier for Nomura to make up an explanation as to why Xemnas can't use the Keyblade.
Or, maybe he says he "can" use the Keyblade because there's no reason why he -shouldn't- and it would be more troublesome to make up a new explanation for why he can't instead of just saying that he doesn't.

Venitas

anybody else think that we'll FINALLY get that keyblade for defeating No Heart?
I also think we will get Eraqus's keyblade for beating AM...

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I don't think he really cares about other people because he can't. The only ones he's concerned with are the ones in his memories, the ones he promised to set things right for.

So it's not hypocritical so much as it is circumstantial..
Yeah but if he can't feel for anyone, why should he feel remorse at all for what that Keyblade had done? He shouldn't be able to, so, he shouldn't really be capable of having any "noble" reason for not using it, when you think about it.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I definitely did not.

Uh, where was there ever evidence that it did -anything- to a Nobody?

Or maybe it's not a Grey as you think it is.

I figured.

Well, look at Roxas and Xion. They have emotions, yet neither one is confirmed to have a heart. So why do they have emotions? Why is it that as time goes on, they become more and more like Sora? Because they use his Keyblade more and more, and the weapon gradually gives them his emotions.

Touche. Black and White comment was unnecessary.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Because they use his Keyblade more and more, and the weapon gradually gives them his emotions.

No, not at all.

Xion was the closest thing to human in the Org, so she could have actually had her OWN emotions. And Roxas could've had a heart of his own, or someone elses.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well, look at Roxas and Xion. They have emotions
Which has nothing to do with having a Keyblade.
And Roxas DOES have Ven's heart, which explains away the emotion thing right away. As for Xion, she's a replica, for all we know, she has a fake heart that mimics emotions.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm so glad this isn't going to be cannon since it's Xemnas' armor.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Which has nothing to do with having a Keyblade.
And Roxas DOES have Ven's heart, which explains away the emotion thing right away. As for Xion, she's a replica, for all we know, she has a fake heart that mimics emotions.

Let me understand this. Fake hearts, which we assume have been used for the replicas but have never been stated by the Organization to have a role in the process, can give real emotions, but Keyblades, magical objects that we still don't understand the full nature of like how they're actually created, can't?

Silverslide

Let me understand this. Fake hearts, which we assume have been used for the replicas but have never been stated by the Organization to have a role in the process, can give real emotions,

Because it makes sense. Logically, if you're going to make a clone of something, you would give it all the things a normal human has, which includes *drum roll* a fucking heart.

You said:
but Keyblades, magical objects that we still don't understand the full nature of like how they're actually created, can't?

If you don't fully understand it, how can you say that they gave them emotions? And no, they can't.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
WTF? How is that, in anyway, spelled out for us? This seems like speculation more than anything.

Let me bring to mind a few facts that lead me to this generally-accepted conclusion:

1. Nomura himself has said that Birth by Sleep--and particularly, the secret ending--would greatly expand Braig's role.

2. Prior to Birth by Sleep, it had yet to be answered how the Door to Darkness was opened in the basement of Ansem's castle, which Ansem himself said that Xehanort was responsible for--yet he didn't know how.

3. Xehanort the Apprentice is a Keyblade wielder, giving him the ability to open the Door to Darkness.

4. Master Xehanort says himself that he has several plans in place--then the scene immediately cuts to Apprentice Xehanort and Braig in Radiant Garden.

5. That scene ends with Braig talking suspiciously with Xehanort, saying "I've got your back", while Ansem the Wise scrutinizes them from afar. The developers are practically shouting that this portion of the scene has significance.

6. Braig, as indicated by his pointed ears and yellow eyes, shares an intimate connection with Xehanort, and was also collaborating with him throughout the game. Why would he stop helping him when there were such valuable rewards at stake?

All of this supports my claim, which is accepted by most everyone who has seen the secret ending.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Let me understand this. Fake hearts, which we assume have been used for the replicas but have never been stated by the Organization to have a role in the process, can give real emotions, but Keyblades, magical objects that we still don't understand the full nature of like how they're actually created, can't?
Funny thing is, we've seen more evidence of possible fake hearts than we have seen of Keyblades giving people emotions.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Funny thing is, we've seen more evidence of possible fake hearts than we have seen of Keyblades giving people emotions.

Then allow me another question.

Suppose fake hearts could be made and were in fact used for Repliku and Xion. Why then did the Organization members use them for themselves? If they could feel complete, then what did it matter if the hearts weren't artificial or not?

Silverslide

Then allow me another question.

Suppose fake hearts could be made and were in fact used for Repliku and Xion. Why then did the Organization members use them for themselves? If they could feel complete, then what did it matter if the hearts weren't artificial or not?

You say that as if you could just put a fake heart in yourself with no problems attached. Whoops, sorry, I didn't know you were Vexen's lab partner. It probably doesn't work that way.

OR the sensation of having a fake heart is different from having a real one.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
You say that as if you could just put a fake heart in yourself with no problems attached. Whoops, sorry, I didn't know you were Vexen's lab partner. It probably doesn't work that way.

OR the sensation of having a fake heart is different from having a real one.

Well Xion seemed just as real as Kairi or any other complete being. Repliku seemed as real as the true Riku.

Though the mystery in either theory is Namine.

Unless...SHE has Ven's heart somehow. That would explain the blonde hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back