• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

dark realm

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cool5ive

i was reading a interview and nomura said that the king went to the dark realm to find a keyblade

In the ending, Riku and the King are on the other side of the door. Why is that?
NOMURA:
As far as the King is concerned, he was on the other side from the beginning. He disappeared because he went to the world on the other side in order to find one of the two keys. There, he has his own adventure in the same way as Sora. As for Riku: his body stolen by Ansem, his heart did not remain in this world. The other side of the door is, just as it appears, darkness. So Riku’s heart went to the world on the other side, that is to say just as Ansem was saying at the end, the world of darkness. Thus, when Ansem disappears and Riku returns to his original body, he is in the world of darkness.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i was reading a interview and nomura said that the king went to the dark realm to find a keyblade

In the ending, Riku and the King are on the other side of the door. Why is that?
NOMURA:
As far as the King is concerned, he was on the other side from the beginning. He disappeared because he went to the world on the other side in order to find one of the two keys. There, he has his own adventure in the same way as Sora. As for Riku: his body stolen by Ansem, his heart did not remain in this world. The other side of the door is, just as it appears, darkness. So Riku’s heart went to the world on the other side, that is to say just as Ansem was saying at the end, the world of darkness. Thus, when Ansem disappears and Riku returns to his original body, he is in the world of darkness.

Yeah... that's the Kingdom Key D he has at the end of KH1.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So that's why they are there and Mickey have KK and not the star seeker

I guess we have our mystery game then

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Yeah, two keyblades are need to close the DTD. One from both realms.
V - There is still a lot of mystery about the Keyblades I think. The "Light side, heart of worlds Keyblade" that Sora wields, the "Keyblade of people's hearts" made from the Seven Princesses' hearts for Riku, and the "Dark side, heart of worlds Keyblade" that the king obtained in the realm of darkness, presently these 3 types can be confirmed. Could you please explain things a little further?
Keyblades have 2 different constitutions, either from the Light side or the Dark side. This is merely the exterior key, the inner key can act from either side and its abilities won't change. There is no clear division between good and evil. Usually the door to each world is closed and the keyhole itself is not visible. By bringing a Keyblade nearby, the Keyhole appears. But the lock is not actually closed itself. Indeed, the Heartless were able to find the door and easily open it and in this way steal hearts. In the previous game, Sora turned the locks and closed these doors. Furthermore, about the opened door of the integrated heart of worlds "Kingdom Hearts" itself, to prevent the outflow of the darkness within hearts the intent and reasons were different so the Keyblade was used for a different purpose. In order to work, the door needs to be closed from both the Dark side and the Light side and both a dark and light realm Keyblade are needed. The King needed a Keyblade opposite from the realm of light Keyblade that Sora had, so he went to the realm of darkness to obtain one.

How Mickey learned about said keyblade, that two keyblades were need to close the door and the events leading uo to him discovering it, is unknown. All we know is that he was there in Travese town when Sora first appeared and entered the Dark Realm in one of the randomly generated Corridor of Darkness. After that we have no idea what occurred.

III - About the World of Darkness and such, you haven't gone into detail. Could you possibly talk about some of these things? Does the beach at the beginning and end of KH [II] have some connection to the World of Darkness?
Presently there are 4 main untold stories to consider: "the period of the King's absence", "the period of Riku's absence", "Roxas' time in Organization XIII" and "Xehanort's past". In this case, the story of "the period of the King's absence" is set in the realm of darkness. I am examining a way to tell these 4 stories so I might be able to find a way to tell them soon.
Since 2 of the 4 listed future focuses have been told we will likely learn about the adventures of Mickey in the dark realm soon.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
He disappeared because he went to the world on the other side in order to find one of the two keys.
Which made sense at the time because we only thought there was 1 keyblade per realm. now that there's a field full of them & Mickey already has 1 of his own. So now the question is whose keyblade is it that he went after?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Yeah, two keyblades are need to close the DTD. One from both realms.

How Mickey learned about said keyblade, that two keyblades were need to close the door and the events leading uo to him discovering it, is unknown. All we know is that he was there in Travese town when Sora first appeared and entered the Dark Realm in one of the randomly generated Corridor of Darkness. After that we have no idea what occurred.

Since 2 of the 4 listed future focuses have been told we will likely learn about the adventures of Mickey in the dark realm soon.

3 out of 4 really.

358/2 days covered Riku's absence and roxas's time in Organization 13, while BBS covered Xehanort's past.

Though Nomura didn't guarantee that ALL four would be explored.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Usually the door to each world is closed and the keyhole itself is not visible. By bringing a Keyblade nearby, the Keyhole appears. But the lock is not actually closed itself.
This part just caught my attention. Why did the keyhole for Destiny Islands appear to Sora right before the world was taken by darkness, cuz he didn't have the keyblade yet?
Also, in a flashback, Riku sees the Keyhole when he is about 6 years old, around the time Kairi comes to the islands

Wahm-bulence

This part just caught my attention. Why did the keyhole for Destiny Islands appear to Sora right before the world was taken by darkness, cuz he didn't have the keyblade yet?
Also, in a flashback, Riku sees the Keyhole when he is about 6 years old, around the time Kairi comes to the islands

Maybe becuase It has to do with Ven's heart, or the fact that Riku did the ritual thing

But I'm not sure because I havn't played BBS yet

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
So that's why they are there and Mickey have KK and not the star seeker

I guess we have our mystery game then

Dude I can totally see that happening, but if Mickey is the protagonist it might be like Epic Mickey. Honestly the Mystery Game should be what Riku was doing in KH1, and what Mickey was doing in the realm of darkness or whatever.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Dude I can totally see that happening, but if Mickey is the protagonist it might be like Epic Mickey.
It's not really the same thing, although by progress of hardware elimination it might end up on Wii. Then again, at the rate this series has been going, they just might cop out & have Aqua as the playable character instead.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Which made sense at the time because we only thought there was 1 keyblade per realm. now that there's a field full of them & Mickey already has 1 of his own. So now the question is whose keyblade is it that he went after?
He went after one from the Dark Realm, because Keyblades either belong to the Light or the Darkness, and one from the Darkness was needed. Nothing's changed.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
have it been discussed before that the door to darkness which was opened in KH II never was closed? (I'm not wrong, am I?)
I'm suprised I have heard no one mention it

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
have it been discussed before that the door to darkness which was opened in KH II never was closed? (I'm not wrong, am I?)
There was no Door to Darkness opened in KHII.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

it was an artificial kh and the door presented to SRM was not the same as the door to darkness, therefore it didn't need to be closed in the same procedure.

And I think what they meant by Riku's absence is what he did specifically after KH:CoM, during KH 358/Days, and during KH2. That would be a pretty weak story in my opinion unless its similar to the novels cuz there was some official unofficial crap going on.

Vaxyle

It would be fun having a Kingdom Hearts game with the other main producer company's hero as the main protagonist, it would be an interesting turn. With Yoda-like kind of fighting moves all over the place XD!!!

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Dude I can totally see that happening, but if Mickey is the protagonist it might be like Epic Mickey. Honestly the Mystery Game should be what Riku was doing in KH1, and what Mickey was doing in the realm of darkness or whatever.
How would it be in anyway like Epic Mickey?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
How would it be in anyway like Epic Mickey?
agree, it's just that you play the same charachter but really, I can't see King Mickey and Epic Mickey as the same charachter

btw, the reason behind Epic Mickey was to make mickey the famous videogame charachter he deserve to be. Which he would be (even better?) in a KH game

anyway, there's more then 2 years left to KH III so one game with mickey as protoganist and then you could do some sidequest or mini-missions with Pluto and then one more game with Riku that could be a lot like the first game and you could even start on Destiny Island and the worlds where you see riku in the first game you play as him but the worlds that is not proven he is in you don't visit but instead is exchanged to other worlds.
the fight with sora would be skiped with a cutscene sense your loosing and then ther could be some fights in the realm of darkness and some really important final boss that you loose agains but you would have to win when playing because it takes a while for mickey to come. Riku would loose so that he falls asleep and wake up in Re CoM (or there could be any other exuse but a big boss battle in the end anyway.

just my thoughts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back