• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

am i the only one

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
am i the only one who hates the cover for bbs? why didnt they do the CGI cover of the game? it looks way cooler and would probably interest people to buy it more.

Exavier

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one.
Consistency. All box-arts have been 2D + foiled up until now; so why change now?

IMO the current boxart is fine.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't see how it really matters. We've always had Nomura art on the covers of the boxes. There's no reason to change it.

Mog

Awards
I think it's nice.Every Kh game to date has had a d shiny cover and thats the way it's going to stay.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well it's not my favorite box but I like it non the less. Besides they always do hand renders so I don't see why they would suddenly start doing CG.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
its a tradition thing with all covers being drawn artwork
i love it the inner cover booklet will have the cgi

i was dissapointted how the cutsceanes of bbs wernt in cgi
i was kind of expecting somthing simlar to how they did crisis core but we didnt even get there ending in cgi. :(

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
What's wrong with it? Sure, it's not the most impressive cover, but it's still good.

And like others have said, it's a tradition for the front cover to be hand-drawn. Making it CGI would just feel out of place in my opinion.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Honestly, I think that BBS does have the worst Box Art, KH2 having the second worst. All the other games have a cool background and stuff, while those two just show the characters.
Days box art FTW!

EDIT:
KHFM's Box Art, just shows the characters too, but for some reason, I just like that one.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
As long as it's shiny, I'm cool with it, (Days not being shiny pissed me off!)

It'd be cool though if they made 3DS cover be shiny and it changes when you look at a different angle, like from Sora to Riku

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Days boxart made Roxas look like a little girl.

2rr5vdd.jpg

I like how Nomura draws the art, personally. I think the CG renders are pretty but they haven't got the same soul.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
All the cover arts of KH games are in 2D, that's the way it is, I don't mind the cover art in CG but changing it would spoil the whole trend.

Just imagine, Nomura prefer CG for cover arts and 2D for opening/ending and secret ending sequence for the whole KH games...

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I think the 2D covers give a reminder to fans of Nomura's days as a character designer rather than a director, so I prefer them. And BbS' cover art isn't all that bad. The CG art just shows the characters too, so it's not like it's more unique or anything.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
I think the 2D covers give a reminder to fans of Nomura's days as a character designer rather than a director, so I prefer them. And BbS' cover art isn't all that bad. The CG art just shows the characters too, so it's not like it's more unique or anything.
Ya, but the SE edition has an awesome background for the main characters as well. Plus, the OP makes a good argument in saying that it might interest new players who fit into another genre of action gaming. But I like the whole tradition reason ya'll brought up. It probably wouldn't seem the same. IMO, though, when we get KH3, I think they should break tradition and go CG with the cover since it's like an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back