• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A heart of pure darkness? *spoiler*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctis2.0

In BBS we discovered that the combination of a heart of pure darkness and a heart of pure light summon the Xblade. And i'm guessing the way xehanort did it was a cheap way so summon it. So does that mean there are beings like the POH's out there except with hearts of pure darkness?

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
no, not unless they are created as such. Vanitas was created from the dark half of Vens heart, but other half of that darkness was taken from Sora. It was an unconditional engulfment of darkness surrounding the heart, because emotions never affected his heart to be swallowed by darkness, he was simply born/created with it.

As far as the Xblade, i don't think it can be reconstructed again.....i'm not sure however we do know that it split into the KK, and the IKK

Noctis2.0

no, not unless they are created as such. Vanitas was created from the dark half of Vens heart, but other half of that darkness was taken from Sora. It was an unconditional engulfment of darkness surrounding the heart, because emotions never affected his heart to be swallowed by darkness, he was simply born/created with it.

As far as the Xblade, i don't think it can be reconstructed again.....i'm not sure however we do know that it split into the KK, and the IKK

We do? But the other half wasn't gold. And how did the IKK get to the dark realm?

Z

Zulkir

Was this confirmed in the Ultimania? I never saw it in any of the interviews.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
lol, sorry no that was speculation from a theory. I literally meant that i wasn't sure, for some reason i didn't type it that way. The keychain on the X blade resembles the symbol of the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, and that symbol has a silver key and a gold key.

claves2.png

i can't be sure if that was done on purpose, but it's seems pretty close to it

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow. Is there anything from that parallel that would hint at themes in the next games?

on topic, I remember in Kairi's grandmother's story didn't it pretty much say that light existed first, and darkness was born from people coveting it? So, light is naturally occurring in the universe and darkness comes from people? If that's true, then people with hearts of entire light could be born naturally, but I guess people with hearts of entire darkness would have to be created somehow. Like Ansem etc...

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
What is this IKK of which I hear spoken of?

Inverted Kingdom Key?

I do believe they may exist....But maybe they are the dark equivalents of the PoH?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
In BBS we discovered that the combination of a heart of pure darkness and a heart of pure light summon the Xblade. And i'm guessing the way xehanort did it was a cheap way so summon it. So does that mean there are beings like the POH's out there except with hearts of pure darkness?

Hearts of pure darkness aren't really natural.
They have to be created.

State

Awards
Hearts of pure darkness aren't really natural.
They have to be created.

Vanitas' heart was made from an extraction of Ventus' darkness.
Ansem SoD was because he let his heart run in darkness, then again, is his heart really all darkness?

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Wait if there are others who have a heart of pure darkness why don't they mix with someone like Sora or Kairi?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Vanitas' heart was made from an extraction of Ventus' darkness.
Ansem SoD was because he let his heart run in darkness, then again, is his heart really all darkness?

ASoD is a heartless, therefore he doesn't have a heart.
And you only proved my point with Vanitas.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
ASoD is a heartless, therefore he doesn't have a heart.

I'm sure you know by now that the term "heartless" isn't to be taken seriously, right?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Yeps. I am aware. Why would you think I think otherwise?
You should know me by now.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Basicaly the heart has a dark half and a light half, MX took the dark half of Ven's heart and that became Vanitas' heart. So Vanitas had a heart of pure darkness. Since Ven was now missing all of his darkness, Ven's heart was now a heart of pure light. Which is why his body went into a commatose state when Ven's heart left his body just like Kairi's body did.

Heartless however are hearts consumed by darkness. This is what seperates them from Vanitas, Vanitas was a human born with a dark heart. Heartless are hearts consumed by darkness and seperate from the body.

Z

Zulkir

Vanitas's body seems to be akin to the heartless.

If you witness his birth cutscene, you see a heart floating, darkness coalesces around it and forms into his body, similar to a heartless.

A clear-cut way to say the difference is that a heartless(emblem) is a heart composed of both light and darkness, encapsulated by the darkness to the point where it's body has been cast off, and the darkness has manifested around that heart. Pureblood are a different discussion.

ASoD is like that, he is a heart, with a body forged from darkness.

Vanitas on the other hand is not a normal heart surrounded by darkness, his heart ITSELF IS nothing but darkness, he's unique really, hard to describe.

He might be the purest form of a heartless, Apprentice Xehanort tried extracting the darkness from a person's heart and their hearts collapsed, and later when he came he found heartless. MX was able to rigidly rip out all of the darkness form Ven's heart with his keyblade(to the extent where it wasn't just darkness, but half of his actual heart containing that darkness), so I guess MX was successful in the same process that Apprentice Xehanort failed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back