• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disappointed with Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
You're right, delusional wasn't the right word, but I was rushing.

Anyway, the difference is that there is other evidence besides hair to connect Terra and Xehanort, not so with Xion. What did you expect? As Xion dies, she says "oh, by the way, I'm a replica of this guy Xemnas used to know before he lost his memory and turned evil". I mean really, not only has Aqua not been intoduced in the series yet, but Square is probably trying to keep it some sort of secret that Terra turns into Xehanort. Giving it away before Sleep comes out would be stupid. On the other hand, making Xion a replica and unbirths also replicas makes perfect sense. The Unbirth's origins would make sense as in a standalone, and longtime players could look at it and say, "oh, those Unbirth are like the replicas from previous games.

So in conclusion, if Aqua has any connection with Xion in the end, it's probably that she too is an Unbirth. Or related to Kairi. Take your pick.
We don't know that yet. There are other ways that other than Terra-Xehanort.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Uh...Xion turned into Ven for a bit. As far as I know, Ven hasn't been formerly introduced into the series either.
And MEGA SORRY for the double post, but she did not turn into Ven. Only Xemnas and Xigbar saw her that way.

A

Azrael

I was disappointed that Xion was a replica and HAD to die....

And no real connection to Aqua when they could had easily made her an Aqua Replica at the very least but it turned no.

Days just sucked in many aspects compared to the other KH games.

Face it, KH's losing its charm

Sora1915

Bronze Member
I've only seen trailers, and already the localisation has managed to disappoint me. They butchered Saix's line in that scene where he reveals Axel's true name. They made Saix openly jealous about Roxas and Axel's friendship, even going so far as to call Saix and Axel's friendship the 'real' one. What the hell. That's not what that scene was about, and that's not how that relationship should be interpreted.
Hopefully in context it will make more sense...
I'm sorry to say that I think you might be missunderstanding what Saix is saying, I think the "real" friendship is Axel and Roxas and the make-believe one is with Xion because he holds her in such low contempt due to her being a replica that he doesn't even think she is worhty of existing enough to have a friendship. I mean he basically said the same thing in Japanese but insead of referencing friendship he just flat out called her a doll and said if he choe her Roxas dies petty much. And he may still say that part as well, it was 1 line you know...... That's how i took, I mean I think that makes more sense, the English translators aren't that dumb to tlak about something that's not even mentioned by Saix in that scene at all.....

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i'm not disappointed but there are some things that they could of worked better on.

i wish most of the worlds aren't so reused... too bad pinocchio's world and traverse town isn't in the game. the disney characters's roles didn't seem so... it's like they were just there and accidentally triggering something to make roxas and his partners in trouble.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
And no real connection to Aqua when they could had easily made her an Aqua Replica at the very least but it turned no.

Days just sucked in many aspects compared to the other KH games.

That is your opinion. Basically the game was made for the insight on Roxas. Nothing had to rock your world, Nomura wanted to just show Roxas in the org and how other Nobodies no him. This is all the hype for KH3

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Exactly. It was never meant to be a giant connection to BBS and whatnot. Just a view of Roxas' daily life.

TerraFTW!

Guys its a freakin handheld game on the DS. You really think its gunna be as awesome as Kh1? I just hate how everyone has such high expectations for this game.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Guys its a freakin handheld game on the DS. You really think its gunna be as awesome as Kh1? I just hate how everyone has such high expectations for this game.

of course not. i'm just saying that the script could of been more thought of for the disney characters, the reusing of worlds, etc.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
There's nothing stopping a DS Game from being any less excellent than any other game.

TerraFTW!

There's nothing stopping a DS Game from being any less excellent than any other game.

Technical Capabilites yes it does. I suppose storywise no. But I just don't see why people have as high of expectations as they did with KH1.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Or at the very least, make Xion run away from the Organization and go into hiding, while still being a Sora Replica. Then Days wouldn't be as pointless.

I love what Nomura thinks as clever, we think as retarded.
I'll say that after I see how BBS turns out.
If that sucks, then we can officially say that KH's going down the drain.

I'm a little disappointed storyline-wise, but I heard the gameplay was pretty awesome.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Exactly. I'm holding out for BBS. Seems the more intense and interesting of the side games. I'm not losing hope until that one. Days was what it is. Nomura even admitted that the game was mostly created for the gameplay and multiplayer, and that's what magazines and everyone keeps praising (instead of the story, which was good and okay for what it was). It did have potential, however. Too bad :/.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's not like it was absolutely horrid.
I thought it was nice. I will never be my favorite in the series, but it was not 'KH has gone down the drain' material. :/

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I might as well post my opinion, which I posted on another forum

And because Lockhart miss those days when I have something negative to talk about Days. But I was about to write up my opinion on the series regardless.

'Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days' was a game that challenge my patience and dedication to complete the game, especially in Japanese. But in the end, I managed to complete it... and end up quite strong than I initially thought. But when it took me this long, I really question: why? It was because on a few specific bosses, it force me to turn it off and leave it for months.

Every time I turn to this game, my mind redirected me to my 360, as I put in Fallout 3. And now that I completed it, this is my thought on the game.

It could've done a whole lot better. Sure, I loved the panel system, as it brought up new ways to manage everything. For once, levelling up isn't the main importance. You could do a whole lot better putting on more magic, equipping accessory and abilities rather than burden yourself with a high lvl. But what bothered me the most is: The bosses.

They have a very long HP count and when your keyblade don't do much damage, you realise that you're going to spend a very long time trying to defeat it. Three bosses come to mind, and I never want to fight them again. Yes, it's harder and more challenging. But it's a cheap challenge. Regardless, they are the same, mindless enemies with inferior A.I that plagued the series.

And why is it that the game is far too long for its own good. Thank god that the days skip chunks, but you end up revisiting the worlds over and over again with repetitive and bland missions, that you lose interest. You end up visiting every part of the world before the 2nd half. And what happens, you still get forced through them. Platforming takes a more importance, but it's still far inferior to those in KH1. There are no puzzles nor any of those interesting collectibles. Oh and...

They screwed up Neverland and Wonderland... big time. Wonderland lack the 4th dimensions that I love. You can't walk on walls, you can't walk on the ceiling. Instead, they replaced them with extra locations... of bland mazes. WHAT THE HELL... Square, you took out the best thing about Wonderland! Oh and don't show me Neverland. You fooled me with pictures of island, with me hoping I can visit the lost boys. But no, you gave me... bland, little islands... and a sea. Thanks, Square. Or better yet, thanks... H.A.N.Ds

I'm trying to like this game, but it comes up with more flaws. Palette swaps of enemies is atrocious, as it ruins the lack of variety for the enemies. But the good parts: I mention that I love the panel system. And I like the keyblades. They have different combo sets, each built for arieal, ground, strength or combos. And the return of platforming has put a smile across my face.

But it keeps coming up with bad flaws that annoys me. The multiplayer is... a missed oppurtunity. Sure, the organization members can be samey from time to time. But they are different enough to try them all. But the lack of wi-fi will be a sad thing in the west. The westerners don't have 'public places' to play and connect their DS with others like Japan. Westerners prefer wi-fi.

I'll probably buy it at a cheap price... just for the storyline. But the game left me quite disappointed. Sure, it was better than Kingdom Hearts II, I can definitely say that now. But I don't want to settle for 'a little better'. I want a game to surpass Kingdom Hearts I, with the same goodness, but better. You know, Kingdom Hearts as a series is going down for the shitter. With more KH games being forced with convoluted stories, theories and linear designs... plus the inclusion of those potential Organization XIII, [who got ruined in KH2 by making them 'evil' instead of 'grey-area'] question why I'm still hoping for a good KH game. I mean, the only hope I have left is for Birth by Sleep...

Otherwise, Kingdom Hearts I and Chain of Memories remain in my heart as those two special KH games. And it will remain that way until Birth by Sleep impresses me.

Otherwise, 358/2 Days is just a score higher than 2. But so far... they are both shit to me. 358/2 Days is just lesser shit...

Also, I agree with Raz. KH is losing its charm, but I'll wait until BBS to definitely say that. But everyday on more KH news, I just wish Square-Enix will kill the franchise and continue one of its superior franchises.

Aria

braver by the minute
I personally liked the storyline of it. Yeah, they could've done more with it, but I thought it was pretty good.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I think no-one should comment on the storyline unless they have very good japanese skills or have played the English version.

The storyline may be good on paper, but it's about execution and the narration of the characters. Not what wikipedia tells you.

A

Azrael

Or at the very least, make Xion run away from the Organization and go into hiding, while still being a Sora Replica. Then Days wouldn't be as pointless.

I'll say that after I see how BBS turns out.
If that sucks, then we can officially say that KH's going down the drain.

I'm a little disappointed storyline-wise, but I heard the gameplay was pretty awesome.

Hopefully from what I see, I can hope BBS will be the very thing that will redeem the KH series since it has the greatest potential out of the three side games to have the best story, characters and gameplay and it will be a real shame if they waste it. I mean, they're using small pieces of movies and tying it with original elements of the main BBS story to make one awesome game. That's something you haven't seen since the first Kingdom Hearts. Nomura has Watanabe but it seems that a writer wasn't able to do utter jack to save the storyline although Nojima would had made the game complete shit storyline-wise.

It would had certainly tied things up if she was in KHIII or was the Cloaked Being that Data Sora was running after in the latest chapter of Kingdom Hearts: Coded. We all know through this section that her appearances can reflect upon the person seeing her as Xemnas and Xigbar saw her as Ventus while Roxas as this black haired clone of Kairi who's really a gender-confused Sora Replica.

Nomura's losing his touch and even great games like CoM failed to maintain a balance between Disney and original. This is why I believe that Days would had been better judged as a novel and not just some poorly executed game. Regardless, the gameplay is at least more challenging than II without the Reaction Commands so I commend him for that although I blame that on tech limitations of the DS.

TWEWY, FF3 and FF4 were good Square Enix games for the DS and I see that Days doesn't deserve to be called a good game.

Just a view of Roxas' daily life.

From what I saw of the cutscenes, it was all about Xion hogging the glory. Not Roxas. Not Organization XIII. They really could had fleshed out the Organization and without Xion, I'm sure there is sufficient reason for Roxas to leave but they ret-conned it.

And from some of the posts I see that you wish to write KH, I'm sure that you would had made a better plot than what we're going to be spoon-fed but for the gameplay, I'll buy it.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
It was pretty useless to the plot. I mean, we got it in kh2 that Roxas left cuz he was tired of killing heartless. There. That's all. No need to add a bunch of shit that won't even help the storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back