• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS 358/2 Days) Boss Battles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

It is creepy and twisted. CoM and Days really do go together. It's fitting that Wantabe got to write both.

Both were quite a success in my eyes and I hope Days deserves the sales and reviews here in the States.

Awards
It is creepy and twisted. CoM and Days really do go together. It's fitting that Wantabe got to write both.

To this day, I still say it should have been CoM 2. I like number sequels, sue me.

It's so fitting and a hell of a lot more aesthetically pleasing than 358/2 Days.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So in the Riku fight I saw the video ends before he turns into XH. Does this mean we may fight his XH form still?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I love how Xion uses some of Sora's old attacks, like Ragnarok.
I hope they get to fight Rikunort.

Athel

Machinist
Holy crap, I just had a revelation on Roxas' dual wielding.

The two Keyblades Roxas' wields together, other than the two Kingdom Keys, are Oathkeeper and Oblivion. These two Keyblades, as most know, represent important elements of Sora's memories. Oathkeeper being his promise to Kairi, and Oblivion being his broken friendship with Riku.

On a deeper level with Roxas, the two Keybades represent something else. Or, should I say, someone else. Oathkeeper as Namine and Oblivion as Xion. Sora's promise to Namine to remember her even after his memories are restored. Roxas' and Xion's fates to fight each other end up destroying their friendship. Plus, notice the color schemes.

These two Keyblades, enhanced twofold in symbolism, become the two that Roxas' wields.

Might not be the best of places to post this, but I had to somewhere, and Xion's resemblance to Oblivion was brought up.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It's quite amazing that Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days tie so well together. It's like two separate games, just morphed into one, and we have the full version of the Organization's story in the timeline. They're the best in the series as well, so far. And by Watanabe. I think that was quite the farewell for the group of antagonists that everyone loved [and still do >.>].

So that was the master plan of Xemnas aside from becoming a God? Goodness gracious, if Nojima hadn't been the damn writer and allowed Watanabe to shine again, we would had some decency for KHII and have some mention of Xion.

So what sort of being would this be classified as? Nobody? Human? Unbirth? Heartless? Something new?

That was the whole point of CO, and the "research" there. To sample Sora's memories, and find a way to produce Keyblade master replicas. With Xemnas having the main part of that project, I'm sure. Xion was the result [first and last, I think]. She's not really classified as anything. It's a puppet. It was a way so they won't really need Sora or Roxas. On top of that, if Xemnas succeeded, as the Xion forms were any indication, everything would have been screwed. Xemnas is insane on that level of mad scientist. Imagine a bunch of those running around if he had his way in the end, and had more plans in store. He really did need to die.

Kind of screwed up too, for someone who was once a "friend". Barely a week of Roxas being in the Organization, and Xemnas was already planning his demise. The poor boy needs to rest for a long time.

But you knew this was coming. There was no reference to Xion in KH2, obviously. No reference was needed because her only purpose was to help Roxas to leave. Other than that, she's an expendable filler character. Had we never heard of Days or Xion, it wouldn't have made a difference on the overall story.

Just think of Riku's attachment metaphorically. He grows a bond with Xion, he's growing a bond for Sora's memories. It's what gave him the compulsion to remember Sora that we see in KH2.

Makes me wonder how people are going to take her as an expendable filler character once it comes out. Whether she existed or not, there's no bump, or missing piece. Some set the expectations too high.

This has nothing to do with your "passable" comment, I didn't even mention that.

I know that. but it seems people took it negatively, considering I mentioned that one side comment, and I'm getting questioned even though I said it was passable regardless.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If we don't fight Rikunort then this will be the first KH game where Xehanort was the final boss in some form.

A

Azrael

To this day, I still say it should have been CoM 2. I like number sequels, sue me.

It's so fitting and a hell of a lot more aesthetically pleasing than 358/2 Days.

To this, I say that you would be correct.

Reverse/Rebirth still lacked much storyline in the original CoM.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I wonder what the three pronged spinning machine is for that Xion uses. Where did she get it?

A

Azrael

I wonder what the three pronged spinning machine is for that Xion uses. Where did she get it?

Perhaps some form of defense mechanism created by Xemnas, etc in case Xion came to a really tight jam.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
That seals it. Xion wasn't mentioned and could never be mentioned anyway. Her memory was fading.

VERY self-contained.

o.o

Then again, that's the only way I saw it from the get-go anyway. Have everyone forget her, or else, have some small holes somewhere in the end.

So, her fate it's just like Repliku's in the KH series, in that case? Except she somehow "lives on" symbolically, as Roxas absorbed her memory fragments [considering she's just Sora's memories], and thus, her power. Will Naminé's quote of "forgotten, but not lost", be perfect here? =P

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
o_O I feel really spoiled right now
How heart-warming.
But I'm pretty sure that when roxas throws oblivion to Riku, he pulls out KK...

He does not, your blind. He only has one Keyblade as you can clearly see its the Oathkeeper or otherwise he would have used it when he fought with/against Riku not to mention you get a good arial view of Roxas on top of the building holing only the OathKeeper.

Im sure your confused with the Concept Video AS/AS where it looked like he pulled out another after tossing the Oblivion up

canito_q

He does not, your blind. He only has one Keyblade as you can clearly see its the Oathkeeper or otherwise he would have used it when he fought with/against Riku not to mention you get a good arial view of Roxas on top of the building holing only the OathKeeper.

Im sure your confused with the Concept Video AS/AS where it looked like he pulled out another after tossing the Oblivion up

-_- YouTube - Kingdom Hearts - Deep Dive HD
1:55 - 2:07
Rigth back at ya!

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, There were also Neo Shadows Jumping off the building after Riku in that Video, Does that happen in 358/2 or KH2: Fm No because Thats the concept Video.

Roxas may have it in there but the final Version he does not.

Like i said, your confusing the final idea to the Concept Video know as Another Side another Story, Which you just linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back