• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does Kingdom Hearts remind you of Star Wars?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swxpert

A lot of things, other than Star Wars, have the light vs dark themes. Are there any other similarities you can think of? If not, than I'm afraid I must say that it doesn't remind me of Star Wars.

...Unless you count Xemnas' lightsabres.

yes the lightsabers was were that game broke down for me

Dman2.0

well there is one big difference between kh and not only star wars but every hero story.

Every hero starts out learning from a mentor (luke has old ben and yoda) but the mentor cannot stay forever they have to leave or die for the hero to become a hero. both ben and yoda died. frodo believed gandalf died. no mentor dieing in kh mickey almost died and that would be that role but it didnt happen.

Jaden007

yes the lightsabers was were that game broke down for me

i always thought that was dumb. i mean....xemnas using....lightsabers? according to square enix the correct term is "aerial blades", but call em what you what, theyre lightsabers.

they should of given him better, more original weapons

Rix

:)
Awards
Haha, this topic is everywhere xD Well.. Everything relates to Star Wars... LOL

Bloodgift

How about it?
As a couple of people have said, Xemnases lightsabers, mickey like Yoda and Same kind of story....maybe Namura was a fan??

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
:\ Not once have I really thought of it up until now. Heh.
But I suppose some elements are quite similar to Star Wars. Meh.
....eh.... =D

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
nope. not kingdom hearts one or chain of memories but kingdom hearts ii a little because of xemnas's weapon. nothing else.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Oh come on there are some things that are just barley close but the whole Kingdom Hearts story lines dont fit in with Star Wars at all. There are plenty of video games that can be fit in with Star Wars take for example the normal Final Fantasy and if you think about it long enough a lot of you are more or less implying the Darkness vs Light more than anything in the comparing the two and there are a lot of things that in that aspect could be compared to Star Wars. ( Im talking of Cloud and Sephiroth ).

Sinful Tragedy

Website
xhollywoodgirlx.livejournal.com
ahaha, I actually made a comment while I was playing the last levels of KH2, something along the lines of "okay, when did this turn into Star Wars". Mainly because of Xemnas' weapons the first time you fight him... Yeah, they were a bit lightsaber-y to me. But then the second stage of the final battle just sort of added to it.

But as for story being related to Star Wars... nope, not really. KH is different, I think.

Saisuke

Everything. in some way. Can be related to star Wars.
Good point, but not good enough. Try to compare the Teletubbies with it...

But it is kind of like it. Riku+darkness for a "greater" cause... Sora could= Luke

Gummi Ship=starfighter?

...NOOOOOOO

paoupu girl

All this violence makes a statement
Good point, but not good enough. Try to compare the Teletubbies with it...

But it is kind of like it. Riku+darkness for a "greater" cause... Sora could= Luke

Gummi Ship=starfighter?

...NOOOOOOO

lol
i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back