• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Union X: The strongest virus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Japan has updated with 5 story quests (No.971~975).

(Ralph and Player arrive at the top of Diet Cola Mountain. Ralph heads to the center and begins pounding on the mentos to make them fall into the molten soda below, but is interrupted by Wyverns.)

Ralph: What do you think you're doing? Get out of my way!

(Player rushes in.)

Ralph: It's a good thing you're here. Mind taking care of them?

(Player nods.)

Ralph: Thanks pal.

(Ralph continues pounding.)

Ralph: One more!

(Suddenly, he’s thrown back with a powerful swipe.)

???: Welcome to the boss level.

Ralph: Turbo…

(Turbo, or the new and improved King Candy + Cy-Bug fusion, reveals his monstrous form.)

King Candy: Because of you, Ralph, I'm now the most powerful virus in the arcade.

I can take over any game I want. I should thank you, but it'd be more fun to kill you.

(Player gets between them.)

King Candy: You're...

I see, now it all makes sense.

You too are a virus in this game, a stranger from the outside.

Well then, my fellow virus, why don't we join forces and take over this world together?

(King Candy approaches Player and offers them his hand. Player smacks it away.)

King Candy: In that case, I have no use for you! Have fun being torn apart!

(He summons Cy-Bugs to attack Player, and then turns his attention to Ralph.)

King Candy: But, before I take over this world, I need to deal with a few personal matters.

(Ralph makes a break for it in the chaos.)

King Candy: Have some candy.

(He leaves the Cy-Bugs to deal with Player and continues pursuing Ralph.)

(Player defeats the Cy-Bugs and hurries to help Ralph. King Candy is surprised to see them still alive and kicking.)

King Candy: You again!

That's fine. I'll deal with both of you at once.

(Ralph and Player beat back King Candy. Ralph takes a chance and dashes away to make his last pound, but King Candy grabs him before he can do so.)

King Candy: I’m not through with you yet.

Up we go!

(He lifts Ralph up into the air. Player can only watch from below.)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Looks like the player is the virus that Luxu mentioned in the Kingdom Hearts III Secret Reports. Who would have thought that plot point was revealed by King Candy.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Finally, the King Candy boss fight. Eye of the Storm is a nice touch too.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
At first i wanted to dismiss this update as just more filerfluff until i saw @Alpha Baymax 's comment.

I'm curious if the player being called a Virus will hold meaning moving forward. We now have 3 characters that kind of fit the discription of the Virus: Brain, Ventus and Player.

Brain: the one who got the book he wasn't intendted to get
Ventus: the one not chosen to be part of the leaders
Player: the one who's not a Union leader, but is acting among them and meddling. He's also messing with the outside world.

Though rereading the report it seems he's mainly talking about Ven.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
At first i wanted to dismiss this update as just more filerfluff until i saw @Alpha Baymax 's comment.

I'm curious if the player being called a Virus will hold meaning moving forward. We now have 3 characters that kind of fit the discription of the Virus: Brain, Ventus and Player.

Brain: the one who got the book he wasn't intended to get
Ventus: the one not chosen to be part of the leaders
Player: the one who's not a Union leader, but is acting among them and meddling. He's also messing with the outside world.

I think all signs are pointing towards the player being the virus. Brain just titles himself as a virus and Ventus' was just a vessel for darkness to carry out its actions. Player, on the other hand, declined to join the Dandelions in X and was only taken to the Data Daybreak Town because they're friends with Ephemer and Skuld. Player is not one of the kids that Luxu has to watch over so he has free reign to do whatever he pleases with them, unlike the Dandelion Union Leaders.

okhi12

Awards
Yeah, my only problem with Player being the virus is that secret report 11 specifically mentions that the virus is one of the 5 Union leaders, which the Player is not.

It could be a translation error if the japanese version is different, which I don't know... or maybe Luxu just guessed the virus was a Union leader and he was wrong, which is a valid possibility.
With Brain calling himself a virus and getting the book intended for someone else, Ventus/Darkness replacing Strelitzia and now the Player being refered to as a virus, I think there are several viruses who don't seem to act according to the MoM's plan, unless that's part of the plan too.
No wonder Luxu is a bit lost.

Also, worth noting that the virus is also said to be the one who causes the Union Leaders to leave that worldline, and the main story must be close to reaching that point. At least it should be close, but at this rate it will take forever.

Secret Report 11

Observations, Excerpt 1—

I have seen it through; the Keyblade War unfolded exactly as written on the Lost Page. Now, the Keyblade the Master entrusted to me must be bequeathed to another. Five Union leaders have been chosen from the surviving Dandelions. I will pass the Keyblade to one of them, and then continue watching the future unfold.

Yet it seems that someone has pulled the old switcheroo. One of the Five is an imposter, someone the Master did not choose. They represent a virus in the program he so carefully wrote.

The virus has begun a strange undertaking: a reckless plot to allow the Five to escape into another worldline. Surely such a thing can't be possible? We're talking about the same trick that allowed the Dandelions to transfer to other worldlines after the Keyblade War. But these children are no Masters. They haven't the means...unless, of course, a certain lady of magic summoned here from the future knows more than I do.

The whole Union leader thing was supposed to be by the books. Are these new events just another phase in the Master's grand plan?

—Unknown

Last edited:
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, my only problem with Player being the virus is that secret report 11 specifically mentions that the virus is one of the 5 Union leaders, which the Player is not.

It could be a translation error if the japanese version is different, which I don't know... or maybe Luxu just guessed the virus was a Union leader and he was wrong, which is a valid possibility.
With Brain calling himself a virus and getting the book intended for someone else, Ventus/Darkness replacing Strelitzia and now the Player being refered to as a virus, I think there are several viruses who don't seem to act according to the MoM's plan, unless that's part of the plan too.
No wonder Luxu is a bit lost.

Also, worth noting that the virus is also said to be the one who causes the Union Leaders to leave that worldline, and the main story must be close to reaching that point. At least it should be close, but at this rate it will take forever.

Secret Report 11

Observations, Excerpt 1—

I have seen it through; the Keyblade War unfolded exactly as written on the Lost Page. Now, the Keyblade the Master entrusted to me must be bequeathed to another. Five Union leaders have been chosen from the surviving Dandelions. I will pass the Keyblade to one of them, and then continue watching the future unfold.

Yet it seems that someone has pulled the old switcheroo. One of the Five is an imposter, someone the Master did not choose. They represent a virus in the program he so carefully wrote.

The virus has begun a strange undertaking: a reckless plot to allow the Five to escape into another worldline. Surely such a thing can't be possible? We're talking about the same trick that allowed the Dandelions to transfer to other worldlines after the Keyblade War. But these children are no Masters. They haven't the means...unless, of course, a certain lady of magic summoned here from the future knows more than I do.

The whole Union leader thing was supposed to be by the books. Are these new events just another phase in the Master's grand plan?

—Unknown

after watching the cutscenes and rereading the report; my only guess is that when the player returns from game central station they're going to meet with the union leaders who are confronting darkness and player is going to be left behind while everyone else is sent to their respective new worldlines, that is if the player doesnt end up in quadratum or another game (maybe verum rex?). this is based off the assumption that the player is the virus and Luxu wrote the report after these events. the player must have wanted to save the union leaders with now knowing that they are a virus and may want to destroy the data version of daybreak town in hopes to get them back to the real world because they may realize they arent supposed to be there from the start like @Alpha Baymax said, they were saved by Ephemer and Skuld because they were friends and were taken to the new worldline

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Going by the wording of the Report there are at least two beings Luxu describes as a "virus".

The impostor "not chosen by the Master" among the "five" aka the Union Leaders which he states "represents" a virus and then in the next paragraph he mentions the virus undertaking a "reckless plot" to allow "the five" to escape into another worldline.

The first mentioned one can be either Blaine or Ventus but if I recall correctly Blaine's name was on the note detailing the new chosen leaders while Ven's wasn't.
So Blaine most likely was chosen to be a Union Leader, but he wasn't the one chosen to get the BoP, that is the thing off.
Question is does Luxu even know about this?
Ventus is apparently mentioned/detailed in the BoP as the "carrier" of "Darkness" but that can of course also be a muddy issue since we don't know if this "Darkness" being is actually telling the (full) truth there.

The second one however describes Player somewhat to a T, recklessly trying to save a group of people which includes their two closest friends.

On a side note though, "virus" can also apply to those Darkness-beings as well as Blaine, Ven and Player together as in 99,99% of cases a virus never consists of only a single cell.

Chie

Awards
What if King Candy ends up being the final boss of the game

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I genuinely cannot believe that Wreck-It Ralph still isn't over
Was absolutely flabbergasted when it cut to black right before Ralph was going to fall on the mentos and end it. At this point idk whether to be mad or impressed that they've managed to stretch it out for so long.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I find it awfully sus' how this months update ended... 🤔

Knowing how the original movie ends, there are no further quests you can make from Wreck-It Ralph and there are no signs of any new Disney worlds being featured in the game, either. The next Union Cross update is inevitably going to be a return to Daybreak Town which then begs the question as to why this months update didn't end on the closing credits of Game Central Station?

...unless Disney and Square Enix are bold enough to get King Candy involved with the destruction of Data Daybreak Town. We could very well see a retcon in which the volcano that King Candy gets killed in from the original movie gets modified by darkness to be a portal to Daybreak Town. This is a data world after all so an idea as radical as that isn't entirely out of the question. Plus, we don't know the fate of Data Daybreak Town. ReMind hints at what happened to the original Daybreak Town but Unchained/Union Cross is clearly a different worldline.

AR829038

Awards
I've honestly been thinking about that possibility for a while now. The Player is noticeably absent of any mention either in the mainline story or in secret reports and references to this game, and that leads me to believe that whatever fate befalls Player will be different than what happens to the Union leaders. I can imagine Player will either die in Candy Kingdom or get whisked away somewhere, but Ephemer will return to Daybreak Town and help deal with Darkness.
Honestly, the worst aspect of this game's story to me is how the main character's story has screw-all to do with the background narrative of Darkness and the Union leaders. I don't think I've ever seen a story where the actual meat of the plot is more disconnected from the character around which the actual gameplay revolves. That, and the intolerable drip pacing are both big reasons why I'm feverishly anxious for this story to just wrap up and be done with itself already.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That, and the intolerable drip pacing are both big reasons why I'm feverishly anxious for this story to just wrap up and be done with itself already.
Honestly the game wrapping up and ending doesn't really mean much we already have it's successor, which isn't much faster in it's progression.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I don't think I've ever seen a story where the actual meat of the plot is more disconnected from the character around which the actual gameplay revolves.
I dunno man Days did a pretty good job of doing exactly that.

At least Player is tangentially involved via chasing down the source of the bugs. Yeah WIR itself is filler but the reason we're there to begin with should ultimately lead back to the main narrative.
Roxas is literally just doing a 9-to-5 until the plot remembers he's required for the ending.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Honestly the game wrapping up and ending doesn't really mean much we already have it's successor, which isn't much faster in it's progression.

exactly, im not sure how long they're gonna make us ride the KHDR train for but lets hope it doesnt drag for 20 episodes with months inbetween for the progression. the story is interesting but if they're aiming for a new title for 2022 or after, then hopefully we see some sort of climax for it this year and the official ending for UC as well

Chie

Awards
Dark Road will certainly last a long time because if it didn't Nomura would not be allowed to end UX, or he'd have to make a third story after those two.

"""Games""" that are actually carefully constructed mechanisms to get you to buy into microtransactions are vastly more valuable than a real video game if your goal is just to make money. KH3 may have sold many many copies, but money had to actually be put into its development, while copying some PNGs of Disney characters into the game is a triviality. So there's no way they would let this game end.

Back