• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► ASCAP lists opening theme for Kingdom Hearts 3 by Skrillex and Utada Hikaru

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers' song registry website lists a song called "FACE MY FEARS", alternatively known as "OPENING THEME (KINGDOM HEARTS 3)" with writing credits to Utada Hikaru, eight-time Grammy award winning artist Sonny "Skrillex" Moore, and producer Jason "Poo Bear" Boyd. 

Skrillex is best known for his contributions to the electronic dance music (EDM) genre with multiple Grammy awards under his belt for his various hit records he's released over the years. Back in 2016, he shared an image of Kingdom Hearts on his Instragram showing his love of the series, and has mentioned Kingdom Hearts and Utada Hikaru a few times in interviews and tweets in the past.

Jason Boyd, better known by his stage name Poo Bear, is a producer, vocal producer, singer and songwriter best known for his producing Justin Bieber's albums and co-writing "Caught Up" from Usher's Diamond-certified album Confessions

"Chikai" and "Don't Think Twice" are listed on the registry as the ending themes to Kingdom Hearts III.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: Reddit

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: ASCAP lists additional opening theme for Kingdom Hearts 3 by Skrillex and Utada Hikaru

today beed a werid day that for first the telltale games stuff now this it doesnt surprise if this is a new song though i mean like i sad how you remix dont think twice unless this is the remix

Seadrin

Awards
Re: ASCAP lists additional opening theme for Kingdom Hearts 3 by Skrillex and Utada Hikaru

WHOA!

There's that PlanetB-esque opener all the fans that didn't think Don't Think Twice would quite fit as an opener were looking for.

EXCITED TO HEAR THIS!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

[video=youtube;dL1d7kG3xv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL1d7kG3xv4[/video]

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

huh. this is interesting

either this is the opening FMV remix of "don't think twice" or a whole new song - and i'd be p happy with either option.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

HIT ME WITH THE OPENING THEME RIGHT NOW DISNEY I DAREYOU

SKRILLEX HOW I'M SCREAMING

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards

I don't think people are gonna be happy about this, for a number of reasons.

the red monster

Awards

looks like don't think twice is the ending theme, pretty fitting.
DnpO9LjX4AAcwch.jpg

Seadrin

Awards

Haha!

Totally on the same page. Not news I expected to ever find to be true, but so glad that it is! I think I was so mentally set to hear either just straight-up Oath or a remix of it that I hadn't even anticipated an entirely different theme for the opening. I think this will draw some new fans to KHIII too, which I will always be a fan of.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I really don't think you can remix Don't think Twice. It works much better as a ending theme. Hopefully it's an entirely new song :)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I mean as I soon as I heard don’t think twice I knew it would be hard to remix

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

This is like... wow. I’m so pumped now. I was thinking the opening would be somber with Don’t Think Twice, but it looks like we’re gonna get lit. Lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Keep the trash that is Dubstep out please. I want the opening to be actual music.

It's like you didn't even listen to the opening remixes of S&C/Hikari. They weren't dubstep since that genre didn't exactly exist yet, but they were pretty heavy EDM music that was still really only floating around the fringes at the time it released.

This is like... wow. I’m so pumped now. I was thinking the opening would be somber with Don’t Think Twice, but it looks like we’re gonna get lit. Lol

SO LIT.

watch it hit us on a unexpected day, then what will you do?

but interesting

IT WILL BE TONIGHT I BET LOL

I really don't think you can remix Don't think Twice. It works much better as a ending theme. Hopefully it's an entirely new song :)

"Face My Fears" is a new song entirely.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Face my Fears? Wow that title alone could have a lot of thematic meaning. How long till a get a sample.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;r-SurvChGFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=93&v=r-SurvChGFk[/video]

An example of Skrillex and Poo Bear's work

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is dubstep US genre or mostly JP genre

i mean wasn't dubstep in Tron Legacy?

i mean anything is better than US rap so I like to sample his work since this will be the first collaboration opening for KH

Dubstep is a sub-genere of EDM. Daft Punk makes Electronic/Dance/French house music which has inspired a lot of electro house and EDM music in the the states.

Please do not speak ill of American rap in my house. (I mean feel free to do so but I will fight back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back