• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► ASCAP lists opening theme for Kingdom Hearts 3 by Skrillex and Utada Hikaru

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Has anyone else seen where people have realized his stage name is Killers scrambled with an X? Not too reliable I guess, but Wikipedia says he has only said his name was from his old AOL account. Coincidence or is Skrillex actually our 13th Seeker of Darkness? Lmao

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Has anyone else seen where people have realized his stage name is Killers scrambled with an X? Not too reliable I guess, but Wikipedia says he has only said his name was from his old AOL account. Coincidence or is Skrillex actually our 13th Seeker of Darkness? Lmao

this fucking nerd

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
this diddlying nerd

I love that someone who started out as a fan just like the rest of us now gets to work on KH3’s opening song. Amazing.

It also makes me think how there could be a cool light versus darkness idea in the music and finding the balance between them, Utada’s vocals representing light and Skrillex’s beats representing darkness or something. I can’t wait to see what they’ve come up with.

This is random, but imagine if we got a Skrillex-themed secret boss. I’m picturing sound wave attacks and lots of neon colors. Haha

Sdog

Awards

Well this is officially headcanon to me now. I don't want to hear any other explanation to his name.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Interesting news, to say the least. I generally associate newer names with genres of music that generally don’t appeal to me (or the name is at least fairly new to me, I don’t know how long the artist themself has been around for), so I’m a bit skeptical. But if it’s anything like the Ray of Hope remix, which I thoroughly enjoyed, then I’m sure I’ll like it well enough.

My question now is... which song will they make a “KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version” of? Probably Chikai, right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Interesting news, to say the least. I generally associate newer names with genres of music that generally don’t appeal to me (or the name is at least fairly new to me, I don’t know how long the artist themself has been around for), so I’m a bit skeptical. But if it’s anything like the Ray of Hope remix, which I thoroughly enjoyed, then I’m sure I’ll like it well enough.

My question now is... which song will they make a “KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version” of? Probably Chikai, right?

latest

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Just to keep things in perspective, Utada still has writing credits on this song, so while she's got some definite name producers backing her up, we can expect it's still going to be her track, which is to say it will remain consistent with her sound and style. This isn't her first time getting some strong outside production for her stuff by a long shot-- she worked with Darkchild for Distance and Timbaland for Exodus and the entirety of This Is The One shared production between Stargate and Tricky, it's never caused her to compromise on her vision before. If anything she brings people in to help her to fully realize her idea of what she wants for a track.

My point is if you like the stuff Utada has done for KH so far, there's nothing to worry about. This is still her. It's just probably going to be like her breathing fire and humbling us all in new ways we never anticipated.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Bit disappointed to learn that it is not Jim Cumming's Winnie the Pooh who is involved in this. I read the report like 30 seconds after waking up and thought "That's a very interesting choice and I'm curious about where it will go" but for it to be someone else called Poo Bear is disappointing, but I'm sure they have done an excellent job.

Very surprised by this news. I really thought Don't Think Twice was just it, considering all the fanfare at D23 earlier this year about it being the Theme Song when they released the Theme Song Trailer. Very excited to give this a listen.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
PIGnmny.gif

(I apologise if the swear is taboo around here, with all the “diddlying” I’ve always been unsure, but the gif seemed apt for the moment)

Pretty sure diddly is to cover the f-word, and most other swears are acceptable? From what I have seen over the years lol. People definitely say shit for sure lol.

Bit disappointed to learn that it is not Jim Cumming's Winnie the Pooh who is involved in this. I read the report like 30 seconds after waking up and thought "That's a very interesting choice and I'm curious about where it will go" but for it to be someone else called Poo Bear is disappointing, but I'm sure they have done an excellent job.
Very surprised by this news. I really thought Don't Think Twice was just it, considering all the fanfare at D23 earlier this year about it being the Theme Song when they released the Theme Song Trailer. Very excited to give this a listen.

Aw my boyfriend thought that too when I was telling him earlier lol. He also thought I was joking about Skrillex till he saw it himself lol.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This is a crazy surprise! As soon as I read Skrillex I said "NO WAYYY!" out loud lol. This is shocking news to me. It's certainly an interesting choice. I had no idea he was even a fan.

I really hope he nails Face my Fears. Like this would be a great, huge send off for the Kingdom Hearts series. And Ray of Hope Remix is going to be hard to top. Though, I can't say I'm a big fan of his work. I think he's...OK, but I low-key wish Diplo or Tiesto was given the roll. Diplo is absolutely on fire right now.

Also, seeing as this was just registered; do you think the song was being worked on all this time or do you think the song was completed for awhile and they've been waiting anxiously to register?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also, seeing as this was just registered; do you think the song was being worked on all this time or do you think the song was completed for awhile and they've been waiting anxiously to register?

I think the song is finished. I think they just registered it because they are probably getting things together for digital distribution and album releases.

Also Skrillex is having a comeback this October, so this could potentially coincide with that?

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Is dubstep US genre or mostly JP genre

i mean wasn't dubstep in Tron Legacy?

i mean anything is better than US rap so I like to sample his work since this will be the first collaboration opening for KH

What, you don't want a Migos feature on the opening Kingdom Hearts track, with Cardi B yelling "Okuuuurt!" and multiple gunshots in the background? How uncultured...

I think the song is finished. I think they just registered it because they are probably getting things together for digital distribution and album releases.

Also Skrillex is having a comeback this October, so this could potentially coincide with that?

Generally when songs are registered, that means they're done and probably ready to go. It's in the system and everything, so the only thing I could imagine is left would be the promotional stuff behind it. You wouldn't register a track that's going to be sold to consumers if it's only half-done, UNLESS the songwriters want to change something up. It's to prevent copyright and all sorts of fancy pants music industry stuff that's long and boring, but basically... It should be ready to go.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
This is really cool. I remembered that 98 Baltimore interview! It would be amazing for him to perform an official KH song on an actual (Destiny) island setting like he's dreamed about.

I'm glad he's involved honestly. He seems genuinely passionate about and inspired by the series. Plus, he's so vocal about his admiration for Utada that I feel like he'd do nothing less than putting his best foot forward.

mlgfx

To everyone saying that Chikai can't be remixed:
[video=youtube;L6QqBNyAQss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QqBNyAQss[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back