• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► ASCAP lists opening theme for Kingdom Hearts 3 by Skrillex and Utada Hikaru

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsoraful

Awards
So Face My Fears is the OP sang by Utada. So all those people saying DTT isn't an opening theme can chill.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Dubstep is a sub-genere of EDM. Daft Punk makes Electronic/Dance/French house music which has inspired a lot of electro house and EDM music in the the states.

Please do not speak ill of American rap in my house. (I mean feel free to do so but I will fight back)

Oh oh no I don't hate all US rap, it's the side that makes me hate being colored and hearing all songs basically being the same

Cakeberry

I... am extremely confused. It's like my brain isn't registering the Poo Bear and Skrillex thing.

But I'm also optimistic because I like Dubstep and it sounds like it's gonna be action-packed af. EXCITED

kingsoraful

Awards
Basically Utada is the only vocalist but they'll put a beat in just like with Simple and Clean and Sanctuary. This one will be remixed by Skillrex and Poo Bear but Utada will be the vocalist.

UltimaXOmega

Is dubstep US genre or mostly JP genre

i mean wasn't dubstep in Tron Legacy?

i mean anything is better than US rap so I like to sample his work since this will be the first collaboration opening for KH

I can't stand mainstream Rap but it's leagues better than robot noises.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the timing of this leak want just a corridance at all nomura with your half truths

kingsoraful

Awards
Only6 hrs till the panel. I wonder if they'll give us a sneak peek of it tonight.

Leaferian

Awards
On the one hand interesting, but on the other the voice in the sample Oracle provided is... awful. I hope they don't over-process Utada's voice like that.

kingsoraful

Awards
They'll do the same thing they did with Simple and Clean. I don't think they'll dub over her or anything like that, they'll just do a simple remix of the OP. Utada wrote this song as well, so clearly she has a say in everything. I doubt she'd go along if they were gonna do something to her voice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I doubt they would auto-tune her or do any weird effects to her voice when she's never needed it lol

Hikari/S&C was always a remix but with cool music behind it. I don't think we will dislike this at all.

Vasquez

Awards
I don't think it is a remix of don't think twice/oath.

For legal reasons, most remixes keep the original name in the title.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Here's a tweet from Skrillex to Utada from 2011.. Pretty cool!

https://twitter.com/Skrillex/status/107533918391119872?s=19

Talk about meta, Kingdom Hearts foreshadowing seeping out of the games themselves.

At the end of the day, if it sounds like a Utada Hikaru song then I'm all good. Her style is too distinct and I don't want that tarnished. I'll reserve my judgement for the collaboration until I hear the song.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I want the theme songs so bad.... That's probably the most excruciating part of the wait for KH3. At least Japanese players can buy the long/ending version of "Chikai" already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back