• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Theme of Kingdom Hearts III is 'resolution' and other facts from PlayStation Blog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The Playstation Blog published their impressions with the Kingdom Hearts III demo earlier today, but we just had to single out a few fun facts that they mentioned.

The first is that Nomura revealed that the theme of Kingdom Hearts III is resolution. It is the final battle against the main series antagonist, Master Xehanort, so his story is finally reaching its resolution. But because it is the theme, there will no doubt be many emotional resolutions to the journey's we have taken with Sora over the years. 

PlayStation also shared some adorable tidbits about Woody trying to make sense of the Kingdom Hearts plot. Remember, the Toy Story world is canon to the films and it takes place after Toy Story 2. Next time you watch Toy Story 3, remember that he has canonically faced Young Xehanort.

• It’s adorable watching Woody try to make sense of the reality-bending events that transpire in Kingdom Hearts. Poor fella’s just… so far out of his element, but his optimism never falters.
  • Video game-obsessed Rex talking about being stuck at the Bahamut boss in a game he’s working on was a fun touch.

And lastly, some final fun facts from PlayStation's time at the Kingdom Hearts III Premiere Event:

• Yosemite national park influenced the atmosphere of the Hercules world after co-director Tai Yasue visited there.
  • Wreck-it Ralph was the character they wanted to reveal next month, but then they ended up putting him in this demo.
  • Rapunzel’s hair was a challenge to work into the game — she holds it in a bundle with it trailing behind her, interacting with the terrain as she walks around. We saw a fun clip of her using it like a grappling hook to swing around a tree during combat.

Expanding on the point about Rex being stuck on Bahamut, Polygon have shared that Rex believes Sora to be a video game character named Yozora. Rex has levelled Yozora to level 47 but can not beat the Bahamut boss.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Theme of Kingdom Hearts III is 'resolution' and other facts from PlayStation Blog

Oh my God KH3 is actually part of the Toy Story canon. That's just hilarious to think about. Since they had Ralph here instead of next month, I'm looking forward to the summons they will have at E3 :)

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Theme of Kingdom Hearts III is 'resolution' and other facts from PlayStation Blog

Rex proably was fighting a Bahamut in 8 maybe

As somone who wants to get into designing games, hair looks like it's a lot of work

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Oh my God KH3 is actually part of the Toy Story canon. That's just hilarious to think about. Since they had Ralph here instead of next month, I'm looking forward to the summons they will have at E3 :)
didn't they said it was cannpn before but people wont belive it

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

didn't they said it was cannpn before but people wont belive it
Yeah it was confirmed back in July last year but I like to remind people of it every now and then :)

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

I love the third-wall breaking in this game! Now that Rex has been stated to mention Bahamut, it fits that there are Final Fantasy summon toys at Galaxy Toys. There can be SO MANY EASTER EGGS

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I love the third-wall breaking in this game! Now that Rex has been stated to mention Bahamut, it fits that there are Final Fantasy summon toys at Galaxy Toys. There can be SO MANY EASTER EGGS

The three wall is first to go,

Next, the 4th wall

At least they can be meta

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The first is that Nomura revealed that the theme of Kingdom Hearts III is resolution. It is the final battle against the main series antagonist, Master Xehanort, so his story is finally reaching its resolution. But because it is the theme, there will no doubt be many emotional resolutions to the journey's we have taken with Sora over the years.

Does this mean this time around we truly can expect an entry which finally answers more questions than it generates new ones?
Lol, would be very appreciated.
There are also several still "hanging" unresolved mysteries/arcs involving the other major characters apart from Sora and Xehanort so the theme is certainly well chosen.

As somone who wants to get into designing games, hair looks like it's a lot of work

It is, especially long and flowing hair is a bitch to model and animate.

I remember an interview several years back where designers of the movie Advent Children were talking in mock annoyance about how much of a bitch Sephiroth's hair was to create.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If KH3 is canon to the Toy Story films I wonder if the same goes for BH6 and Monsters Inc.? Since those worlds will take place after their respective films.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

The three wall is first to go,

Next, the 4th wall

At least they can be meta

Oops. Did I say 3rd wall? XD

Now all we need is Sora, Donald and Goofy to talk about a game about "a prince and his friends reclaiming his throne" or something like that. A nice easter egg to compliment the KH one in Final Fantasy XV.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

If KH3 is canon to the Toy Story films I wonder if the same goes for BH6 and Monsters Inc.? Since those worlds will take place after their respective films.
um i think there might be a connetion to big hero 6 tv seres as for monster inc i dont know

AR829038

Awards

Wait, if Wreck-It Ralph was the summon they were meaning to show off, does that mean that Wreck-It Ralph is going to be the new world in Kingdom Hearts Union X?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Cool information and interesting insight that the Toy Box (Toy Story world) is going to have Final Fantasy toys as Easter eggs, but it's been long overdue that we have yet to see ANY Final Fantasy characters for KH3.

And LOL on Rex mistaking Sora for a video game character on the game Bahamut and couldn't even beat the game, it's an exact call back to Toy Story 2 when the running theme for him in the film is finding a way to "defeat Zurg" since he couldn't defeat him in the Buzz Lightyear videogame. So props to you Pixar and Square Enix.

So now that Resolution is the theme for Kingdom Hearts III it seems to match well with each game within the Xehanort Saga:

KH1 - Friendship
CoM/RR - Memories/Redemption (RR)
KH2 - Promises
Days - Identity
BbS - Connections
Coded - ????
3D - Trust
KH3 - Resolution

Perhaps the Disney worlds that we received so far (Hercules, Toy Story, Monster's Inc., Tangled, Big Hero 6) and those that have yet to appear in the game seem to match well with the game's theme unless if I'm missing something and that portion is irrelevant, but's that's a topic for another time.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Great impression. I thought the article did a good job capturing the main points from the demo, but I wish it was more specific with the Attraction Flows.

Coolest fact:
Yosemite national park influenced the atmosphere of the Hercules world after co-director Tai Yasue visited there.

Way cool.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Holy shit is this where we get our dramatic Bo Peep death? Maybe opposite world Bo Peep dies and Bo Peep has to stay in the other side and falls in love with the opposite Woody Doctor Who style?

DefiantHeart

Awards

Makes you wonder if they'll hint about that encounter in any future Toy Story movie...

ImVentus

Awards

Makes you wonder if they'll hint about that encounter in any future Toy Story movie...

Maybe it gets mentioned as a small hint in Toy Story 4.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Great impression. I thought the article did a good job capturing the main points from the demo, but I wish it was more specific with the Attraction Flows.

Coolest fact:
Yosemite national park influenced the atmosphere of the Hercules world after co-director Tai Yasue visited there.

Way cool.
Absolutely, while this may not be on the PlayStation blog facts my favorite fun fact was that the team at Pixar lend them the models for the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. characters for the game and also mentioned that the original character designers for Mike Wazowski and Buzz Lightyear were responsible for the world designs of Sora, Donald, and Goofy for the Pixar Worlds.
[video]https://youtu.be/2ztWRs4PQEY?t=11m29s[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Absolutely, while this may not be on the PlayStation blog facts my favorite fun fact was that the team at Pixar lend them the models for the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. characters for the game and also mentioned that the original character designers for Mike Wazowski and Buzz Lightyear were responsible for the world designs of Sora, Donald, and Goofy for the Pixar Worlds.
[video]https://youtu.be/2ztWRs4PQEY?t=11m29s[/video]

So that means Monster-Kitty Sora isn't just Nomura going around giving another tribute for his cat love?

Or did he create the designs and the Pixar designers were just responsible for actually making them?

(Sorry, the PC I am atm has Youtube blocked, lol).

Awards

As someone who would camp at Yosemite every October with my parents during my teenage years, this makes me giddy.
...Although it's hilarious how a place in ancient Greece is inspired by American wilderness.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back