• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [RUMOR] PHI from SERGE remixed battle and world music for KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

UPDATE: PHI's Twitter and Instagram pages have since been deleted. It is unknown if this is related to Kingdom Hearts 3 and Square Enix.

Well this certainly is a surprise! PHI from SERGE claims that they have remixed battle and area music for a certain world in KINGDOM HEARTS III!

Translation of their tweet is available below thanks to Zephyr and goldpanner:

News is coming soon in 2018!!
[Information Embargo Lifting]

I was in charge of remixing the field music and battle music for a certain world in KINGDOM HEARTS III. Everyone, please check it out!

This would not be the first time Square Enix has reached out to an outside artist to collaborate on a game's soundtrack, as they did with Afrojack for "Braver" and the fishing theme for FINAL FANTASY XV. KINGDOM HEARTS is also no stranger to guest composers. Although Yoko Shimomura is most well known for composing the music in the KINGDOM HEARTS series, there have been contributions from Tsuyoshi Sekito and Takeharu Ishimoto since Birth by Sleep.

As this has yet to be officially confirmed by Square Enix, do you believe PHI from SERGE is working on music for KH3, and if so, for which world? Let us know!

Check out PHI's remixes on their Youtube channel.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: PHI from SERGE remixed battle and world music for KINGDOM HEARTS 3

I lost my breath when I read this. There is a high chance for all future media, such as trailers, to actually feature music from KH3.

Since they couldn’t say what world, it makes me believe it’s for one unannounced. I’m always leaning towards Frozen, but I’m excited regardless.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

IS IT THAT TIME YET.
That tiiiime where we get to hear new stuff and tear up and get all excited AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.
No idea which one it could be. Maybe Frozen.

Aramagon

Awards

From what I can gather from their YouTube videos (wasn't familiar with them at all), it sounds like something you'd hear in San Fransokyo, maybe?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Interesting! I thought Miss Shimomura was in charge of all music. Does anyone have some links to some of their other work? For research purposes :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Interesting! I thought Miss Shimomura was in charge of all music. Does anyone have some links to some of their other work? For research purposes :)
It’s probably like FFXV. Ms. Shimomura was the main composer, but other composers worked on the game. PHI might also have been working under Ms. Shimomura’s guidance and supervision.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Starting in Birth by Sleep, other composers (Tsuyoshi Sekito and Takeharu Ishimoto) have begun contributing to the KH soundtrack. I'm not able to list all the tracks specifically, but off the top of my head, Sekito did a lot of the Dream Eater themes and Ishimoto was responsible for the Vanitas themes.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Makes sense. Thanks guys! The KH3 soundtrack must be a serious undertaking! It makes me giddy just thinking about all the new music we will be getting.

saintsghost

If the embargo is lifted does that mean a trailer in imminent? Specifically one featuring their music in the trailer

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It doesn’t seem their NDA is over, but rather they’re just teasing that they worked on *Something*. It’s no indication that whatever they worked on will be used soon, or at all in promotional material. I would expect for there to be a trailer at D23.

Sonicfan2525

Awards

IM ABOUT TO FREAK OUT IM SOOOOO READY!!! Hopefully this means the next trailer will have music from the game!

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Oh man.

Going by their music i i feel it could be either for San Franksokyo or Wreck It Ralph (Hero's Duty) or something.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Anyone else feel a bit... skeptical?

I mean, this guy's YouTube channel has a sum total of 303 views. Even I have more than that.
33 subscribers.
23 likes on Facebook.
11 followers on SoundCloud.

This one tweet is several magnitudes more popular than anything previous.

And this article is the fourth result when Googling him...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I mean, this guy's YouTube channel has a sum total of 303 views. Even I have more than that.
33 subscribers.
23 likes on Facebook.

I mean obviously, but now you have me completely second-guessing myself so the article has now been updated to reflect the situation.

Weirder things have happened. I don't want to believe he's trolling because his tweet was pretty straightforward and it took a week before anyone found it, but I agree it's a bit of a reach to think that someone at SE happened across him on Soundcloud or Youtube and thought he'd be a good contributor.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’d be nice for some fresh remixes to be used in the series. Give the third game a unique sounding flavour.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

If the embargo is lifted does that mean a trailer in imminent? Specifically one featuring their music in the trailer

as in a trailer before the D23 event in japan? if they pull something like that, i'll be really surprised.

Awards
This may not be completely on topic, but when I listened to one of their songs on YouTube, one of the recommended videos was the extended version of The Da Vinci Code. :T

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

33 subscribers.
23 likes on Facebook.

I'm skeptical but we don't also know what the underground DJ/mix scene is like in Japan. It is very possible this is somebody who knew somebody and got hired by SE i.e. Takeharu Ishimoto knows plenty of people who aren't well known but have a strong presence in the underground music scene in Japan, and is always pulling for new talent from that circle. Heck, most of the artists on the TWEWY OST weren't even all that well known until that game came out.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I was like "who from what now??" But I see, a youtube artist? Yeah I dunno, we shall see. There is no other information related to this so I guess we just gotta remain skeptical lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like Spockanort mentioned, Square have used relatively unknown people for games before, and didn’t TWEWY even have a contest to find a singer?

I can definitely see Phi being called upon by Square Enix. He has nothing to gain except a few hits from the KH community, and even then why target KH? I’m hopeful, because 2018 is the year of me being hopeful about things. If I’m hopeful in something and its wrong, then it is a guiding lesson but for now I believe in Phi. Just like I believed in those leaks when they first came out. Just like I believe KH3 won’t be pushed back to 2019.

Phi, don’t let me down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back