• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Limited Edition KINGDOM HEARTS 15th Anniversary PS4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Sony and Square Enix have collaborated to release a limited edition KINGDOM HEARTS 15TH Anniversary PS4, releasing on January 12, 2017.

Preorders start on December 9th at the Sony Store in Ginza, Nagoya, Osaka, Fukuoka, and e-Sony shop. Both a 500GB and 1TB model will be available for purchase; 500GB: 33,980 yen + tax / 1TB: 38,980 yen + tax.

This package includes:

Top cover is engraved with an original design featuring the 15th anniversary logo and various symbols from throughout the series. It can be purchased separately until December 22, 2016 for 3,000 yen.

Source: Playstation Japan

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i'm guessing this is the small nomura news.

i like the design, but if i were to buy a new ps4 it would be a pro and this seems to be a slim.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i'm guessing this is the small nomura news.

i like the design, but if i were to buy a new ps4 it would be a pro and this seems to be a slim.
maybe let hear from nomura first to confirm that

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm just gotta rip a similar pattern get a skin printed for the Pro I do not yet have
(Unless Square does me a solid and does a pro bundle for the US)

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I personally love how it looks. I would honestly consider upgrading my PS4 to this if it came west side (even better if it was a PS4 pro as other people have already mentioned). The FFXV one came out here, so maybe this one will as well? Then again, they might wait till KH3 where that one is going to have a LOT of interest behind it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It looks awesome but I'm honestly not trading in my MGSV PS4 for this one. Let's see what the future brings, still hoping for a KH3 themes PS4.

Caxinuld

Awards
I misread the price & thought it would be $39.80 for the special PS4 in Australian dollars. The design looks pretty good, but the fact that so far, it's a Japan exclusive makes me wonder if there will be a PAL version available next year.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would seriously consider trading in my OG PS4 for that (provided I can also bring in my 2TB HD).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it looks like the 10th anniversary case on my 3ds that my sister stole lol

the design is simple, from the picture it really doesnt grab me but i am being dishonest because if it came out in NA i would be set on buying it lol

Ciel

looks cool but i wish it didnt have that mess on the bottom. they should make a pro version too, that was the only reason i didnt put out on the ffxv edition

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
It looks pretty nice. Honestly not that different from the other special editions I guess. Still really nice, I was waiting for this. Now just hope they release it worldwide. And, this PS4 or a PS4 Pro? What's the best deal? (unless this becomes a PS4 Pro Special Edition of course)
Top cover is engraved with an original design featuring the 15th anniversary logo and various symbols from throughout the series. It can be purchased separately until December 22, 2016 for 3,000 yen.
So what exactly does that mean? I'm not sure. The top can be purchased seperatly and then put on your other PS4? What?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So what exactly does that mean? I'm not sure. The top can be purchased seperatly and then put on your other PS4? What?
The Playstation 4 comes with removable face plates. Basically if someone in Japan already had a PS4 slim and wanted this KH edition, they could just purchase the face plate instead of the console.

This was how it was done on the OG PS4. Not sure how it's done on the Slim though
[video=youtube;lHAhujyf8O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAhujyf8O8[/video]

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
The Playstation 4 comes with removable face plates. Basically if someone in Japan already had a PS4 slim and wanted this KH edition, they could just purchase the face plate instead of the console.

This was how it was done on the OG PS4. Not sure how it's done on the Slim though
[video=youtube;lHAhujyf8O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAhujyf8O8[/video]
Ooo, like those plates on the N3DS (not sure how those work either though xD). Thanks, I have this friend who is a die hard KH fan and he just ordered his PS4 last week. He was really sad he couldn't purchase this one instead. So this is great news.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm just gotta rip a similar pattern get a skin printed for the Pro I do not yet have
(Unless Square does me a solid and does a pro bundle for the US)

I wouldn't hold your breath. The Pro is too new for bundles at this time. The Slim is more so targeted for special editions.

It looks awesome but I'm honestly not trading in my MGSV PS4 for this one. Let's see what the future brings, still hoping for a KH3 themes PS4.

Dude, the MGSV PS4 is legit. I really enjoy the color scheme of red, black, and gold.

it looks like the 10th anniversary case on my 3ds

Exactly what I thought. It's very similar to the 10th Anniversary/DDD scheme.

I just got a PS4 (finally) so I'm kinda thankful this design is so boring.
Waiting for a KH3 bundle anyhow~.

Congrats! And agreed. It's too simplistic.

This was how it was done on the OG PS4. Not sure how it's done on the Slim though.

wait...what?

The PS4 systems have faceplates? TIL. I don't think the Slim has faceplates however. At least nothing seems to indicate it does.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lmao my bad I think it means you can get it without the game.

Shame you can't just swap the plates like on OG PS4 though. That shit was dope.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
tumblr_inline_odqa64GNFm1qhf3au_500.gif

So wait, is the top cover (not face plate) purchasable separately? Because 3,000 yen (~$30) + NA PS4 Slim ($300) is cheaper than importing the whole system + import shipping fees.

I don't know if SE will release a KH3 PS4 given this aesthetic (checkerboard) has been the pattern on every LE KH console thus far (except the GBA SP), so IDK how they would even design it given they seem pretty infatuated by this pattern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back