• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki PlayStation: Kingdom Hearts Special Feature Interview Summary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Dengeki Playstation celebrates their 600th issue this week with a special feature on the Kingdom Hearts series! Director Tetsuya Nomura has drawn an exclusive cover for the magazine, and gives an interview about KINGDOM HEARTS III, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X.

While the issue has not been officially released yet, sok4atg8 has posted a short summary of the interview contents. Zephyr has translated it below.

About the front cover
Tetsuya Nomura publishes a comment.
For the 600th issue, a collage for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue’s announcement has been drawn to congratulate.

Due to a tight schedule, The King and the gang were drawn previously but the coloring has been touched up.
There are several times where he had bitter memories of wanting to redraw Parasite Eve for the cover. The designs were not redrawn.
KH2.8 has been made as an subsequent opportunity to KH3.
In the 700th and 777th issue, please anticipate what will be explained for FINAL FANTASY VII.

New information for KH3, KH2.8, and KH Unchained Chi will be introduced. Dengeki’s mini interview with Nomura.

KINGDOM HEARTS III
The story of the “Lost Masters” is told in Chi, this is being used for KINGDOM HEARTS III.
The origin of Master Xehanort’s Keyblade is also told in Chi and it connects to KH3.
It will explain what has happened in the series so far.
At D23 on November 3rd, look forward to concept footage in the Theater.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
The seven lights and 13 darknesses, other than being mentioned in KH3D, will be withheld until the end of KINGDOM HEARTS III.
In order to obtain the title of Keyblade Master, it must be taught with such knowledge.
0.2BBS connects with the story in KH1-2.
Chirithy is the one talking in Chi Back Cover.

KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained Chi
Chirithy is a guide to the players.
The "Master of Master” is the mentor of “6 Disciples” and the traitor will be revealed in Chi Back Cover.

These are the contents and etc.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The part about the seven lights and thirteen darknesses being witheld is kind of confusing. Does it mean that the identities wont be revealed until the final battle at the keyblade graveyard?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The part about the seven lights and thirteen darknesses being witheld is kind of confusing. Does it mean that the identities wont be revealed until the final battle at the keyblade graveyard?

That's exactly it. It won't be of a major focus until the end of the game.

Pandymint

Awards
Oh man I can't wait until the full interview is posted. And as if that isn't enough, two issues on FFVII Remake? It must be fucking Christmas! Final Fantasy XV has a release window, too, which means KHIII is getting closer and just... Ajhsbkgjnlkd;hf

8c8f769aa4.jpg

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder what the concept footage look like oh I can't wait for kingdom hearts event on november 3

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Less than a month away for the Kingdom Hearts event! Can't hold the excitement any longer!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh man I can't wait until the full interview is posted. And as if that isn't enough, two issues on FFVII Remake? It must be fucking Christmas! Final Fantasy XV has a release window, too, which means KHIII is getting closer and just... Ajhsbkgjnlkd;hf

8c8f769aa4.jpg

Nomura was joking because the 700th issue won't be coming out for like another 5 years haha

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
There's some interesting tidbits outside of KH in this article. So they've already contracted SE for the covers of the 700 & 777th issues? And everytime PE is mentioned, my heart sings~

I instantly recognized the coded portraits in the 'new art'. Getting more anxious for 0.2 seeing the Aqua / Mickey pairing. :]

Awards
I thought the 7 lights and 13 darknesses would be put together throughout the game, but it makes sense that we won't know the true final rosters until the end. They have other things to worry about, after all.

So does this imply the D23 trailer will be for KH3, not 2.8? Or if that me being overly optimistic in my reading, haha

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
That's exactly it. It won't be of a major focus until the end of the game.

That's really disappointing to be honest. Like MegaFlower pointed out, I wanted to know their identities throughout the game.

Also, if we wont deal with Xehanort and his clones till the end, what will we fight during the beginning and middle of KH3

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The footage could be both of 3 and 2.8 by having it start with 2.8 then goes into 3 footage

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I thought the 7 lights and 13 darknesses would be put together throughout the game, but it makes sense that we won't know the true final rosters until the end. They have other things to worry about, after all.

So does this imply the D23 trailer will be for KH3, not 2.8? Or if that me being overly optimistic in my reading, haha

KH Premium Theater is a 1.5 hour presentation, so they have plenty of time to show more than one video.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Healing the hurt, presumably? And also Disney visits, but I heard he's trying to tie those into the story again, so I dunno.

It's just really hard imagining Xehanort not being proactive and on the offensive until the very end. He and Sora really need some interaction before the final battle

Sdog

Awards
It's just really hard imagining Xehanort not being proactive and on the offensive until the very end. He and Sora really need some interaction before the final battle

While I'm sure he'll dip in n out, I'm assuming it'll be like KH1. Focus on something else akin to Maleficents antics until the ASoD pull towards the end. The gang still has to gather the princesses and the key to hearts all before the final battle. Plus all the Disney distractions :p.

Maybe a tease battle halfway through the game where Xehanort pulls some mad s*** that motivates Sora to go full force at him. Since he's never even spoken to the dude yet... not in his older form at least...

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's certainly worth noting that Nomura didn't say that Xehanort would not play a proactive role until the end; he specifically referred to the 7 lights and 13 darknesses. Assuming that Xehanort wouldn't appear until the very end is the most extreme way of interpreting that line when we don't even understand the context of it yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty certain Nomura just means that the 7 and 13 won't be coming together until the very end of the game since that entire battle is meant to mark the fall of Light and Darkness's rise. Any sooner would mean the end is near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back