• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Mickey Joins Disney Infinity, Sora's Keyblade is 3.0's Ultimate Unlock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Since December 2014, Disney Interactive staff have been publicly addressing the possibility of adding Kingdom Hearts content to Disney Infinity, but it's always been just that; a possibility. No matter how successful the series has been, or how highly demanded an upcoming title is, the chance of a character from Kingdom Hearts appearing in Disney Infinity was never more likely than a character from any other property. 

Still, fans persisted, utilizing the Twitter hashtag #KHinDisneyInfinity to show their support. Later on, Disney announced the Player Pick 2015, in which fans could vote between 20 pre-selected characters and even suggest any character not on the list to join Disney Infinity 3.0. Needless to say, fans jumped at the opportunity, sending in massive votes for Sora.

However, although Sora himself was not selected to join the Disney Infinity roster, his Keyblade will be the Ultimate Unlock in Disney Infinity 3.0! Not only that, but 5000 lucky guests at D23 will go home with an exclusive costume change power disc for Kingdom Hearts 2 Mickey!

In an interview with ComicBook.com, Vice President of Production, John Vignocchi revealed that this collaboration has been in the works for about 8 months, involving a lot of back and forth with Square Enix. Because Kingdom Hearts is one of the most highly requested properties for Disney Infinity, he wanted to make sure that they are respectful to the brand. For example, all of the animations for Mickey in his Kingdom Hearts 2 outfit are taken directly from Kingdom Hearts!

Vignocchi hopes that this will lead to the addition of more Kingdom Hearts characters in Disney Infinity. 

Will Mickey and the Keyblade's addition encourage you to begin playing Disney Infinity 3.0? What other Kingdom Hearts characters are you hoping to be added later on? Let us know!

Arielle (Master Spockanort), Sophearum (Zephyr) and our good friend Churro of Keys to the Kingdom are all in attendance at D23 Expo today and will be providing live updates directly from the presentation hall. Be sure to stay tuned with us on the forums, as well as FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for more information! 

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Re: KH2 Mickey Joins Disney Infinity, Sora's Keyblade is Disney Infinity 3.0's Ultimate Unlock

KH is now officially a part of the DI family. It may be a small inclusion now but this'll certainly lead to more KH stuff in the future.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Re: KH2 Mickey Joins Disney Infinity, Sora's Keyblade is Disney Infinity 3.0's Ultimate Unlock

...Is it sad that I'm that one, crazy fan who now wants to buy Disney Infinity just to unlock the Kingdom Key? I'm such a dweeb.

This is pretty exciting to me, though, and I do think it was a nice gesture on Disney Interactive's part. But here's hoping there will be more, real KH stuff in Disney Infinity in the future:)

Seriously: I would kill for just a Sora figure in that style. LOL.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

...Is it sad that I'm that one, crazy fan who now wants to buy Disney Infinity just to unlock the Kingdom Key? I'm such a dweeb.
It's more than just buying the game haha. You have to buy every. figure. released. I'm pretty sure.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Doesn't make me interested at all in buying DI3.0, but does make me interested for 4.0 if it means they're adding in actual KH figures.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

The exclusive costume is one reason why I despise Infinity, and not even every attendee at D23 gets one. What's wrong with those developers?
This game is just an elaborate scam to get money from those people, not to make them happy in any way. Way to go Disney.

Precursor Mar

P8ilx0e.gif

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Well, it's something. We all kinda knew the Ultimate Unlock would be the Keyblade, but the KHII Mickey costume was unexpected (little annoyed it's exclusive but whatever.) So I guess I'm not disappointed, and even though it's small, now that KH is in I'm positive we'll be seeing more of it in the future.

This doesn't make me want to buy Disney Infinity, but when KH figures happen I will sure as hell buy them!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Re: KH2 Mickey Joins Disney Infinity, Sora's Keyblade is 3.0's Ultimate Unlock

This is only the beginning. We now know that it is possible for Kingdom Hearts to exist in Disney Infinity in some form. Now we just redouble our efforts, and eventually we'll all be able to find Sora figurines in stores. They got their foot in the door, now they just have to open it completely.

Uh, that's what I'm hoping, anyways. KH figurines get made, fans go nuts, more awareness about KH is raised, and people get rich. I don't see any downside to it at all. And we can't be satisfied with just in-game content and event-exclusive scalper fodder!

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

This is only the beginning. We now know that it is possible for Kingdom Hearts to exist in Disney Infinity in some form. Now we just redouble our efforts, and eventually we'll all be able to find Sora figurines in stores. They got their foot in the door, now they just have to open it completely.

Uh, that's what I'm hoping, anyways. KH figurines get made, fans go nuts, more awareness about KH is raised, and people get rich. I don't see any downside to it at all. And we can't be satisfied with just in-game content and event-exclusive scalper fodder!

Exactly lets keep the pressure on. Comment on all their social medias, share links and all that jazz. When they see the overwhelming support they'll have the assurance to bring these characters in. For all we know this Ultimate Unlock is foreshadowing what's to come in 4.0 since the old ones hinted at Star Wars.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I must say, while having all 5000 figures to unlock the keyblade is not only ridiculous but debt-inducing, I'm kind of flattered that Disney considers the be-all, end-all gift, the gift you get for being the most dedicated of all Disney Infinity players (with a wallet to boot), the keyblade. It's the equivalent of the gold standard of games, the prize that clearly separates the diehard from the not, and while I have no intention of getting any figures (but I am getting that power disc, even if I do not have Disney Infinity lol), it's nice that Disney views Kingdom Hearts so highly.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I must say, while having all 5000 figures to unlock the keyblade is not only ridiculous but debt-inducing, I'm kind of flattered that Disney considers the be-all, end-all gift, the gift you get for being the most dedicated of all Disney Infinity players (with a wallet to boot), the keyblade. It's the equivalent of the gold standard of games, the prize that clearly separates the diehard from the not, and while I have no intention of getting any figures (but I am getting that power disc, even if I do not have Disney Infinity lol), it's nice that Disney views Kingdom Hearts so highly.

I agree with this, but I actually see it as more of a "Have you noticed how much Kingdom Hearts fans are willing to shell out for collectible stuff? You think we can use that to make them buy the figures?"

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I agree with this, but I actually see it as more of a "Have you noticed how much Kingdom Hearts fans are willing to shell out for collectible stuff? You think we can use that to make them buy the figures?"

lol That's another way to look at it but I never thought Kingdom Hearts was a hobby that made people spend mass amounts of money. I mean, I shell out a decent amount to own most of the official merchandise, and on the whole, there hasn't ever been a really expensive Kingdom Hearts LE item (non-auction) that showed that Kingdom Hearts' fanbase had money so I don't see it being that. I can understand Star Wars with the light saber in Disney Infinity 2.0 since Star Wars has had many really expensive collectibles, Kingdom Hearts has never had that. Especially when you realize just how much money you need for 5000 figures ($13 a figure).

P.S. I know it's not ideal, but if anyone is absolutely dying for the KH2 Mickey Power Disc, I have a few pending after I spammed the internet in search of one for cheaper than eBay prices, so let me know if you're looking for one. Warning, they are NOT cheap, but better than the laugh-worthy $200+ pricetags on eBay.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

P.S. I know it's not ideal, but if anyone is absolutely dying for the KH2 Mickey Power Disc, I have a few pending after I spammed the internet in search of one for cheaper than eBay prices, so let me know if you're looking for one. Warning, they are NOT cheap, but better than the laugh-worthy $200+ pricetags on eBay.

Saw that coming from 20 miles away.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

I just want to know... who the hell is desperate enough to shell out over 100 dollars just for a friggin' in-game costume? It's not even a physical figurine, just a bit of data. I'll never understand...

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Scalpers are a cancer that are destroying collectible/merchandise communities.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I just want to know... who the hell is desperate enough to shell out over 100 dollars just for a friggin' in-game costume? It's not even a physical figurine, just a bit of data. I'll never understand...

When I mentioned this, my friend who plays Dota all the time said that people pay thousands of dollars for in game skins in Dota sometimes if they are one of a kind or collectible ones or whatever. Which sounds horrendous yeah...

I heard word from people who know Disney Infinity better than I that the unlocks are just for that games figures? Like getting all the 1.0 still gets you the lightsaber and 2.0 is the landspeeder. So that may mean we only need all the 3.0 figures to get the Keyblade, which is honestly better...tbh the only people I haven't wanted so far are the Rebels characters and well the people the announced today a bit but we have seen barely anything for The Good Dinosaur or Zootopia so its hard to be excited about them yet.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Simply because it's rare. If it's rare, it becomes more precious. I know of people who literally just like the feeling of having rare stuff, not because of the item itself, but because "so few people have it and I'm one of the lucky few".

Still, we're talking about a digital costume in a videogame which has no effect on the game itself whatsoever, other than to be fanservice to KH fans. Rare or not, that's barely worth the usual $1.99 or so cost of DLC costumes for fighting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back