• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Japanese Xbox Website Launches Kingdom Hearts 3 Page

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The Xbox One's release date in Japan was finally announced earlier today, and along with it the official Japanese Xbox website updated with a catalogue of games coming to Microsoft's latest console. Kingdom Hearts III was among the games finally given its own page featuring the announcement trailer from E3 2013, a few screenshots, and a small description of the upcoming Kingdom Hearts title.

Thanks to Zephyr, we have a translation of the brief description on the game's page:

In the latest entry of the KINGDOM HEARTS series, a grown Sora will journey to a new adventure. Next generation platform specs are being utilized, actions are more exhilarating than ever, and offers a mechanism that is jam-packed with (ride) attractions. The compilation of the series has expanded the storyline to an impressive scale and it will evolve into a work of rich entertainment.

In addition to the notable themes of KINGDOM HEARTS, a new essence is being implemented to Disney worlds. Only in KINGDOM HEARTS this experience can be played and please look forward to it by all means.

The Xbox One will make its debut in Japan on September 4th 2014.

For all of the latest news on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX & Kingdom Hearts 3, make sure to follow us on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+.

roxas90sora

so maybe kingdom hearts 3 will release around september with the xbox one like the other lunch titles here in america ? might be true but who knows its 3 months away from the new year so im predicting it will release in september around the xbox one launch in japan since they always get the game first lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd like to note that the "new essence" is probably referring to the Kingdom Shaders but for whatever reason they decided to be vague by saying "新たなエッセンス" which is silly since we all know what Nozue has made we just don't know what it looks like.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Given the early demo builds of the game shown, added with Nomura's comments of the game being really early in development, matched with the very little information released, it's nearly impossible for the game to release in September of this year :(

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Why do I have the feeling that somebody would mistake this to mean KH3's release date has finally been announced?

Edit: Welp, I was proven right.

Anyway, I think it's pretty neat that KH3 received a dedicated space for itself. It helps create an even higher degree of awareness for Japanese prospective buyers of XB1. It might possibly boost sales as well; from what I heard, the Xbox itself isn't really all that popular in Japan (which is kind of natural since it's the birthplace of PlayStation and Nintendo).

Last edited:

roxas90sora

it would be weird playing in on a xbox controller but hey we can share videos so thats a plus i can see a whole bunch of walthroughs when it comes out haha ! XD

off topic: btw can anyone make this image smaller ? i dont have photoshop or anything like that it would help me out a lot since i like my sig sorry that its to big lol.

7Deadly$ins

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, people. We know that Kingdom Hearts is in an early stage of development still. There's no way it's releasing around September. You can pretty much write this year off the books.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
At least they're acknowledging it. It's more than everything else we've gotten during these past 4 months.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, people. We know that Kingdom Hearts is in an early stage of development still. There's no way it's releasing around September. You can pretty much write this year off the books.

Rather common knowledge around these parts.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
it would be weird playing in on a xbox controller but hey we can share videos so thats a plus i can see a whole bunch of walthroughs when it comes out haha ! XD
Can share videos with a PS4 :p

I mean, at least it might provide sales to the people who have wanted KH on the Xbox. I only wish they looked at the XIII numbers, or tested the waters with releasing the first HD remaster to see if that would sell.

WanPisu

Awards
I read "Kingdom Hearts 3's release date in Japan was finally announced earlier today" and had my jaw dropped on the floor. Jeez, that morning coffee didn't help at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I read "Kingdom Hearts 3's release date in Japan was finally announced earlier today" and had my jaw dropped on the floor. Jeez, that morning coffee didn't help at all.

You should drink some more. Double expresso shot.

"Kingdom Hearts 3"?
Oh what a name
oh what a name!

Say it again!

Shh, don't force t.

Why are they even selling the xbox one in japan?

Well you see it's releasing a year later than the rest of the world and Microsoft can't make money from Mistwalker (I mean Sakaguchi did say he was interested in the XB1) if they don't release the console there. It won't sell big numbers, that's for sure.

Antar

Awards
Why are they using the very old footage for screenshots? Wouldn't it be better to use this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9twjpM7gU

That video uses better shaders, lighting, more content and the better version of Twilight Town. The first announcement video uses what looks like a ported Twilight Town from the older games.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Why are they using the very old footage for screenshots? Wouldn't it be better to use this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9twjpM7gU

That video uses better shaders, lighting, more content and the better version of Twilight Town. The first announcement video uses what looks like a ported Twilight Town from the older games.

Although dated and technically prerendered (still using game assets so whatever) the original trailer is a lot better for advertising purposes.. It shows the title, and all past titles, all while using the series' most iconic music. It also isn't riddled with the programming errors like the D23 footage.. While the E3 trailer is concept, the D23 trailer is just plain sloppy for advertising purposes, as most beta footage is.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If they were really that involved or up-to-date they probably would use more current footage. At this point XB1 is just name-dropping.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Exactly what Launchpad and Rydgea said. Latest footage we've gotten was just beta and isn't good to use for promotional purposes, and Microsoft needs to promote their console and the games coming to it.

kngdmhrts2

Seems only natural that they opened a KH3 page too, Sony did for PS4 when their launch date for Japan was announced.

Though with KH3 being on Xbox One, think this will be the first E3 where I pay proper attention to Microsoft's conference, instead of just casually watching for the hell of it, just incase any new bits of info get said about it on there.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Seems only natural that they opened a KH3 page too, Sony did for PS4 when their launch date for Japan was announced.

Though with KH3 being on Xbox One, think this will be the first E3 where I pay proper attention to Microsoft's conference, instead of just casually watching for the hell of it, just incase any new bits of info get said about it on there.

I dout they would promete it in the Microsoft conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back