• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Interview: HD 2.5 ReMIX Recording Complete + Scenarios from X[chi]!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

After several long months without a shred of new information regarding either of the two Kingdom Hearts titles currently in the works, something has finally surfaced. The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly contains a segment interviewing various game developers, of which includes Series Director Tetsuya Nomura, He reminisces about joining Square Enix (formerly Square Soft) and says that the recording for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix has been completed.

The complete excerpt is currently not available, but a summary has been provided by blog.hokanko-alt, translated by Zephyr. Please note that the actual interview may differ from the summary provided:

Series Interview (The people who spun the new gaming generation) The 23rd is Tetsuya Nomura from Square Enix. He joined Square during the time he was helping debug for Final Fantasy IV. Kingdom Hearts 2.5's recording has concluded, and he has been thinking of further scenarios for Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]. He's also been raising a Scottish Fold Blue Tabby.

Source: aibo_ac7

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Nomura Interview: HD 2.5 ReMIX Recording Complete + Scenarios from ?[chi]!

Wow, that's actually quicker than I had expected. Considering that recording is one of the final things to do, I wonder if 2.5 will see its Japanese release truly soon. Wasn't 1.5 released in Japan in this month last year?

In any case, thank you for this piece of information!

So Nomura is a cat person. Huh...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT CAT THING CONFUSED ME

That summary was so vague. I thought he was talking about Chirithy because IT IS THE EXACT SAME BREED OF CAT.

*sobbing*

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

I was right about the March info.

What should we expect from the "recording"? Does that refer to re:coded or something else?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nomura owns a cat! I suppose since he can't own a lion, a cat is the next best thing.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT CAT THING CONFUSED ME

That summary was so vague. I thought he was talking about Chirithy because IT IS THE EXACT SAME BREED OF CAT.

*sobbing*

It... never once crossed my mind that Chirithy was a cat... that's news to me.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I'm telling you, guys. There's a flood of 2.5 news coming. Can you feel it? It's there. They have it all ready to shower upon us. But there's a dam blocking all the news, and it's name is FF X/X-2 HD.

Square knows. They know everyone's waiting for 2.5 and 3 stuff. If they release that first, only the hardcore fans will give a hoot about FF X/X-2. This is marketing at its finest. Once April rolls around, maybe even the final week of March, we will get our patience rewarded :)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'm telling you, guys. There's a flood of 2.5 news coming. Can you feel it? It's there. They have it all ready to shower upon us. But there's a dam blocking all the news, and it's name is FF X/X-2 HD.

Square knows. They know everyone's waiting for 2.5 and 3 stuff. If they release that first, only the hardcore fans will give a hoot about FF X/X-2. This is marketing at its finest. Once April rolls around, maybe even the final week of March, we will get our patience rewarded :)

Yes, and I for one can't wait for everyone to fall for the inevitable stupid pranks that will emerge from that time.

Aw, Nomura's an old cat lady. Chirithi is a whole new level of self-insert.

unbound_word

I hope the extra scenes are dubbed. I wonder if Xion will show up as an absent silhouette and replica data.

DefiantHeart

Awards

Darn, was hoping he'd be a dog person... that kinda ruined my thoughts about Tetsuya Nomura.... regardless, I hope we see a Chi english translation soon. I've been kinda log in-log out in that game since stories are the only thing besides costume customization that interest me in a game.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Glad we finally got some shred of news. I guess it makes sense considering the early months tend to be dry of information for any game, especially with the X/X-2 HD Remaster looming over.

Anyway, since that we know that the dubbing is finished in regards of Japanese audio, how soon do you guys think it'll take for them to finish recording in English?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Glad we finally got some shred of news. I guess it makes sense considering the early months tend to be dry of information for any game, especially with the X/X-2 HD Remaster looming over.

Anyway, since that we know that the dubbing is finished in regards of Japanese audio, how soon do you guys think it'll take for them to finish recording in English?

It's hard to say. The Re:coded scenes are the real mystery. I'm sure they've learned from 358/2 Days and tried to make it less disjointed, but we don't really know for sure what they've added and what they haven't. And we also have to factor in everyone's work schedules.

Overall, I don't think recording should take more than a month/month and a half.

For reference, David Gallagher had recordings scheduled throughout an entire week for all of Riku's lines in KH3D.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

It's hard to say. The Re:coded scenes are the real mystery. I'm sure they've learned from 358/2 Days and tried to make it less disjointed, but we don't really know for sure what they've added and what they haven't. And we also have to factor in everyone's work schedules.

Overall, I don't think recording should take more than a month/month and a half.

For reference, David Gallagher had recordings scheduled throughout an entire week for all of Riku's lines in KH3D.

I remember he mentioned something along the lines of that at that one Expo he attended.

So about a month to a month-and-a-half...that sounds good.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I remember he mentioned something along the lines of that at that one Expo he attended.

So about a month to a month-and-a-half...that sounds good.

Yeah, that was from his panel at Anime Conji 2012.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Recording is done already? Hells yeah hopefully we get 2.5 sooner than expected.

limit

Aww, Nomura has a cat!!
Scratch that, I think he's pulling our leg. The entirety of Kingdom Hearts 3D came from his love of Nintendogs...

Anyway, it's about time we got some 2.5 news. Although, reading an aforementioned explanation of why they couldn't release any before FFX does clear things up :/
I hope they get English recording done pretty quickly, I can't wait for this game! I've had a desire to play KH2 again for a while now, and BBS is going to look absolutely stunning in HD.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I know it's my fault, but when I first read that headline, my heart dropped and I thought it meant KH2.5 would include scenarios from Chi (I didn't know what it meant at first until I read the thing lol).

On that note, I really hope he adds more worlds to Chi, the game is quite popular :D

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

It's not much, but boy does it feel good to finally get some news about 2.5.

I can only guess that recording means... all recording? So probably everything for Re:coded, and the orchestrated soundtracks for II and BbS that I hope will be a thing.

Of course, this might also only be the Japanese recording, too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's not much, but boy does it feel good to finally get some news about 2.5.

I can only guess that recording means... all recording? So probably everything for Re:coded, and the orchestrated soundtracks for II and BbS that I hope will be a thing.

Of course, this might also only be the Japanese recording, too.

Best to keep your hopes down to just recording for Re:coded in Japanese.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Not sure why this was surprising to anyone lol. When he spoke about it like in what, December? January? He said they were doing Wonderland. If recording was linear, then they'd be like 1/3rd of the way through. Only natural that they have finished it. And I thought it was obvious they wanted to get Lightning Returns, Thief, and Final Fantasy X|X-2 out of the way before they started promoting other games that's in development (such as Enemy Front... that was really left field).

Honestly, expect some news on KH2.5 really soon. It's news on Tomb Raider 2 and Triad Wars that you should all be crying out for ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back