• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Interview: HD 2.5 ReMIX Recording Complete + Scenarios from X[chi]!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As I mentioned earlier, I just hope that there are actual battle scenes this time around. I want to see the fights that Data-Sora has to go through and how he feels while in the heat of battle. I'm especially looking forward to how the characters are going to sound during the Data-Riku and Data-Roxas battles.

I'm also hoping for actual fight scenes for Re:Coded but I'm not going in with my hopes up given they may keep the battle scenes the same for consistency purposes from 1.5 to 2.5. Not to mention they don't have all the time in the world and they are definitely busy enough with KH2FM and BbSFM.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm also hoping for actual fight scenes for Re:Coded but I'm not going in with my hopes up given they may keep the battle scenes the same for consistency purposes from 1.5 to 2.5. Not to mention they don't have all the time in the world and they are definitely busy enough with KH2FM and BbSFM.

I'd like to think they have added some after learning from their experiences with the Days scenes.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
That might be likely. I imagine that Days the movie could sometimes seem "fragmented" to those new to the series because they were missing key battles such as against Saix and Xion. Sure, we know that a fight was going on, but we would also like to know how the battle was going on.

With the brevity of Re:coded's scenes compared to Days, I believe the team had more leeway and resources to incorporate a few of them, especially the important ones, into the movie.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That might be likely. I imagine that Days the movie could sometimes seem "fragmented" to those new to the series because they were missing key battles such as against Saix and Xion. Sure, we know that a fight was going on, but we would also like to know how the battle was going on.

With the brevity of Re:coded's scenes compared to Days, I believe the team had more leeway and resources to incorporate a few of them, especially the important ones, into the movie.

It was fragmented to people who had played the game & have been fans of the series for a long time, though. It was extremely distracting, especially when you'd have to sit and read "Roxas went on a mission [here] and after he went back to HQ." because why do we care about that!? You could never get into the story because it felt like you were always missing a part of it, regardless of the lack of battle scenes.

The cute, pretty amazing story stuff in Disney worlds were reduced to those static image+text scenes...like they could have animated the stick stuff in Beast's Castle to add some flow to when Xion actually summons the Keyblade, Axel & Roxas' Neverland adventure which was, to me, a defining moment in Axel & Roxas' character growth and a great way to offset the fact Xion was going through a shit of an experience while they were flying high with pixie dust.

h.e.hassanein

Okay I'm not really that excited for KH 2.5 remix (i don't have a ps3 I'm missing out on all the fun D: )

BUT

if there's one thing I'd die to see in it omg it'd be their rerecording this one scene in BBS
it was part of the opening cutscene right before the MoM exam where Terra says some vague 'wise' thing about Ven being young and Ven gets annoyed and Aqua says something like, "You two would make the weirdest brothers," or something and it's just a weird comment but it's obviously meant to be funny
because the three characters just sit and laugh
for a whole minute
the laughter is so fake they sound like they want to kill themselves
and it's not the only cheesy cutscene throughout kh but because it's an opening cutscene if you play all of BBS you'll watch it three times like the scene just gets worse and worse lmao

plus it's a pretty important scene and that part just ruins it for me because it's literally the only time you see TAV being friends after that you're just told they mean a lot to each other...i mean in Days you see tons of scenes with the seasalt trio together being dorks and building their friendship- it's believable

but because of the nature of BBS's story and how the three are pretty much separated for the whole game you only get one scene to build your whole idea of their friendship on. sure afterwards you get the wayfinder part which was cute but again....you're being told they're best friends, you don't see any chemistry between them or anything.

so yeah petition for squeenix to please please either scrap that part of the script or just give the voice actors laughing gas before recording kthnx

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
When it comes to voice works, I don't think they would alter anything that's already in the game. They will only do it if there are new scenes by the character X that needs dubbing, but the voice actor isn't available or no longer is. In this case, it's likely that the new voice actor would redub all the existing lines; this had happened with DiZ' character in Days the movie and I think it will happen with Namine's in KH2FM as well.

It's true that BbS' voice acting might not be the best, but there's nothing the team will do about it and not even a petition will change their mind. So yeah...

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@ h.e.hassanein I'll never understand why they changed the line from: "you two fight just like you're brothers" to what we have now. Imo, the Japanese version is funnier and makes a lot more sense. Plus, Ven and Terra are supposed to be like brothers (the Journal, or whatever in BbS even says so), so Aqua's line in the English version is very off-putting and not even true. The English dub line is just very, very awkward, I think.

I also liked the "they said to bring my parents" line, as opposed to the "they said to bring two grown-ups." I thought the Japanese line was more hilarious and rang more true. And I liked the look that Terra and Aqua shared, because in a lot of ways they were like parents to Ven. And I also think the Japanese line better explains why Ven looks/sounds so disappointed when saying that. LOL.

Also, about Re:Coded, I know it would serve no purpose, but... I really want to see a cool fight against the Eliminator. I think I deserve that, seeing as how many times it terrorized me in the actual game. It could be pretty sweet, I think. (And I could so see Sora dropping his Keyblade angrily about it, and saying, "No fair!" LOL.) I wonder if those enemies might come back someday...

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
@ h.e.hassanein I'll never understand why they changed the line from: "you two fight just like you're brothers" to what we have now. Imo, the Japanese version is funnier and makes a lot more sense. Plus, Ven and Terra are supposed to be like brothers (the Journal, or whatever in BbS even says so), so Aqua's line in the English version is very off-putting and not even true. The English dub line is just very, very awkward, I think.

I'm interested and glad to hear this because that line just threw me. Like, what does the game think it's kidding? These three have the most familial relationship I've seen in years - including among established fictional families. In fact, their relationship being familial seems to be the point. The joke seems like it's trying to cut off some of the central premises of the game!

Sora fighting an Eliminator would be pretty funny.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

I also liked the "they said to bring my parents" line, as opposed to the "they said to bring two grown-ups." I thought the Japanese line was more hilarious and rang more true. And I liked the look that Terra and Aqua shared, because in a lot of ways they were like parents to Ven. And I also think the Japanese line better explains why Ven looks/sounds so disappointed when saying that. LOL.

Also, about Re:Coded, I know it would serve no purpose, but... I really want to see a cool fight against the Eliminator. I think I deserve that, seeing as how many times it terrorized me in the actual game. It could be pretty sweet, I think. (And I could so see Sora dropping his Keyblade angrily about it, and saying, "No fair!" LOL.) I wonder if those enemies might come back someday...

Agreed. The original lines highlighted the relationships between them much better than the English lines did, at least for those two scenes.

kupo1121

Awards
I know the exact "laugh" you're referencing too that was in the BbS prologue and it just does sound so odd.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep English Dub cutscenes- Prologue - YouTube

That's the laugh right there, but in all honesty, KH doesn't have a good track record with laughs lol (I could only include 2 video links so the other 3 are just links):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoyTITmAiIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce0sv5zbkv8

[video=youtube;RaMTFVfMzok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaMTFVfMzok[/video]

[video=youtube;wHy99AllPMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHy99AllPMk[/video]

In fact, Kingdom Hearts has a bunch of videos pertaining to just the laughs within Kingdom Hearts, very few games can have their laughs become their own topic :p

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
You must have been in that dark side of Youtube again...

To be fair, though, Larxene and Vexen's laughs were of different quality; they were supposed to sound creepy and sadistic and as a result, they fit well with the character. The laugh that we heard in the prologue of BbS was just... plain awkward and flat. We lived with it, though.

Oh, and those two laughs you posted? Their 1-hour extended versions exist and they are the stuff that nightmares are made of.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
You must have been in that dark side of Youtube again...

To be fair, though, Larxene and Vexen's laughs were of different quality; they were supposed to sound creepy and sadistic and as a result, they fit well with the character. The laugh that we heard in the prologue of BbS was just... plain awkward and flat. We lived with it, though.

Oh, and those two laughs you posted? Their 1-hour extended versions exist and they are the stuff that nightmares are made of.

This. Their laughter is supposed to go with their character and personality. It's also why the two sound the way that they do (Vexen being stereotypically evil-sounding and Larxene being that one annoying fake girl that everyone at school secretly hated). Repliku's laugh is supposed to have that same vibe as well.

h.e.hassanein

I never knew those were the original quotes, they fit way more now-

These three have the most familial relationship I've seen in years - including among established fictional families.

Exactly! This actually makes sense now with the original Japanese lines because in the few scenes TAV have together two of them explicitly comment on how much of a family they are. I think this is super cute, because none of the other trios have the same familial feel to them. I wish it showed more in the English versions :(

In fact, Kingdom Hearts has a bunch of videos pertaining to just the laughs within Kingdom Hearts, very few games can have their laughs become their own topic :p

bless your gorgeous soul for these videos- you know your day's pretty bad when only creepy japanese laugh tracks bring you up again :wink: KH is pretty awesome...only in the weirdest of ways

kupo1121

Awards
lol I've seen those 1-hour ones but I preferred not to post them haha As for the laughs, while I've never had a problem with Larxene's honestly, I do see why Vexen's is creepy. I know they were going for a creepy, sadistic laugh (which I think Larxene's is quite nicely fitting) I do get a perverted, joking feel from Vexen's, not so much sadistic or creepy (it's creepy because it sounds perverted and he's with a child). That is just my opinion though.

estebanlira13

Man, I do hope so. I've been anxiously waiting for 2.5 to come out, but I doubt that it will come out this year in NA. Especially because there was a gap of 6mo between the release of 1.5 in Japan and NA. Unless...it's released on the same day worldwide, which I doubt.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Man, I do hope so. I've been anxiously waiting for 2.5 to come out, but I doubt that it will come out this year in NA. Especially because there was a gap of 6mo between the release of 1.5 in Japan and NA. Unless...it's released on the same day worldwide, which I doubt.

It has already been confirmed to come out in America in 2014.

estebanlira13

Watch Dogs was confirmed for Nov. 2013 and look what happened. And that's just one example. All I'm saying is, you never know.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Watch Dogs was confirmed for Nov. 2013 and look what happened. And that's just one example. All I'm saying is, you never know.

Yes, but Watch_Dogs was also given a lengthy reason for the change in the release date. Unless SE comes flat out and says "Just kidding 2015" (which they really can't afford to do when their second half of the year is extremely vacant at the moment), we should operate on the assumption that they are still releasing it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back