• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Connection Between Kingdom Hearts 3 and ?[chi]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
[b][PLAIN]The Connection Between Kingdom Hearts 3 and χ[chi][/PLAIN][/b]

As a social game, Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] receives notable content updates every few weeks in order to keep the experience fresh and inviting for all new players. However, back in August 2013, Series Director Tetsuya Nomura revealed in one of these updates that the story within the world of χ[chi] would eventually lead into that the long awaited Kingdom Hearts 3. It became a cause of concern when players heard that news as the main story had become more difficult to follow with each new installment.

Click to enlarge!

However, it was revealed that the only notable piece of information would be that of a single passage within the Foreteller's Script.

For those unaware, the Foretellers are a group of 5 mysterious beings, each appearing as the figurehead of the union the player would choose to fight for upon beginning their adventure. At first glance, it was assumed they would not play a significant role in the story, but with the reveal of this passage, it appears that there's more to them than meets the eye.

Thanks to Goldpanner, you can read a translation of the passage and the scene in which it was introduced below. 

Chirithy:

You've really shaped up as a Keyblade Wielder, haven't you.

Uh-huh, you're looking really fine, too!

I think it's time to tell you, then.

Before my master, He who created me, disappeared,

He bestowed His six followers with new names, and gave five of them a tome of prophecy.

These five followers, who were to become the Foretellers, read the future written in the tome.

Apparently a passage written on the last page shocked them.

"The war in that place will lead to the defeat and destruction of the Light. 
The World will be enveloped in eternal Darkness."

In order to save the future World, the five Foretellers thought to use the power hidden in the tome of prophecy.

That's the power you are all using now.

Through the cards, you are using the power of the future to try and protect the light from the darkness, and avert the future enveloped in darkness.

Also, as you know, even though the five Foretellers share the same goal, they by no means share the same will.

So, you mustn't lose sight of it yourself.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I can't tell what's more predictable for Kingdom Hearts 3. Having the world be enveloped in Darkness or for Light to win easily xD

Glad that they're going the way of the Darkness. Should make for an interesting climax for the game.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This master figure must appear either at the end of KH3, just like Ansem did in KH1 (and every other enemy in FF games where it turns out the big bad was being controlled by THE REAL TRUE BIG BAD) ... Or he's connected to the next main villain for KH4.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That's it...?

"It" being a small passage telling us that in KH3 there's some mysterious old master who made a prophecy long ago where the world would end by being plunged into darkness ... Then yes, that's it.

Oh my. Maybe KH3 will pull a FF6 and ... those who played that know what I mean, when a certain something happens to the world.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Good job Nomura. You just spoiled the climax of the game. Clearly the seven lights will be unable to fight against the Xehanort Crew and darkness will engulf the universe. Then with the remaining lights within the hearts of man (or the PoHs), it will give way to the true light returning after hundreds of years of being lost and it will tip the scale in order for Sora and company to rise up and take down the Army of Xehanorts and maybe the Emblem Heartless too since they are something Xehanort created.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
no.. I just didn't except something so predictable.
You signed up for the wrong series.

Good job Nomura. You just spoiled the climax of the game. Clearly the seven lights will be unable to fight against the Xehanort Crew and darkness will engulf the universe. Then with the remaining lights within the hearts of man (or the PoHs), it will give way to the true light returning after hundreds of years of being lost and it will tip the scale in order for Sora and company to rise up and take down the Army of Xehanorts and maybe the Emblem Heartless too.
The hearts of children will shine through the Darkness, resetting the main cast into children. KH4 takes place 10 years after this when they're all 14/15.

Oris

Awards
I think that this 6th Foreteller could be one of two people that we may know of a little bit.

The first possibility is Yen Sid. He has trained Sora, Riku, Mickey, and probably Lea a bit to use their Keyblades (better), so that means he used to wield one himself. It wouldn't surprise me that he'd be one of these Foretellers.

The other likely possibility is that this person could be the one who trained Xehanort and Eraqus. With the stuff that those two know, and with their skill levels, their master must have been one of the most powerful Keybearers ever.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think that this 6th Foreteller could be one of two people that we may know of a little bit.

The first possibility is Yen Sid. He has trained Sora, Riku, Mickey, and probably Lea a bit to use their Keyblades (better), so that means he used to wield one himself. It wouldn't surprise me that he'd be one of these Foretellers.

The other likely possibility is that this person could be the one who trained Xehanort and Eraqus. With the stuff that those two know, and with their skill levels, their master must have been one of the most powerful Keybearers ever.
Except the Master would have been older than the Foretellers, and Yen Sid is around in a time when the Keyblade War is told as a fairy tale. Master Xehanort yearns to learn about the Keyblade War since it happened eons before his time, so having his friend Yen Sid or his Master be the foreteller might not work out for the best.

Roχas1314

I think Xehanort is the sixth Foreteller/Follower, or he's the Unicornis Foreteller, or something. Because he's probably one of them. At least, with the "new names" and all, that's my best guess. Hell, maybe he even just took over their bodies and Norted them-uh oh. The 13 Darknesses? Are they going to be in there...? Strange. Or maybe he's the 'Master?' Gah, this is insane. I love it.

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com
Except the Master would have been older than the Foretellers, and Yen Sid is around in a time when the Keyblade War is told as a fairy tale. Master Xehanort yearns to learn about the Keyblade War since it happened eons before his time, so having his friend Yen Sid or his Master be the foreteller might not work out for the best.

True but the one that trained Eraqus and MX is still a mystery to us though, but the Keyblade that MX has which displays a Goat head on it still has me puzzled. ._.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Roχas1314;6135057 said:
I think Xehanort is the sixth Foreteller/Follower, or he's the Unicornis Foreteller, or something. Because he's probably one of them. At least, with the "new names" and all, that's my best guess. Hell, maybe he even just took over their bodies and Norted them-uh oh. The 13 Darknesses? Are they going to be in there...? Strange. Or maybe he's the 'Master?' Gah, this is insane. I love it.
Why would Xehanort, the man who is doing all of this in order to WITNESS the Keyblade War, be the 6th person AT the Keyblade War?

True but the one that trained Eraqus and MX is still a mystery to us though, but the Keyblade that MX has which displays a Goat head on it still has me puzzled. ._.
He really isn't an important character. To us, he's just the man that took these two (or 3 since it's highly likely Yen Sid trained with them) boys in and taught them how to wield.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: The Connection Between Kingdom Hearts 3 and x[chi]

Yen Sid a foreteller? The events surrounding the Keyblade War happened thousands of years ago, he may be old but certainly not that old.
Xehanort, Yen Sid and Eraqus all know the Keyblade War only from hearsay and from legends, so it's pretty unlikely that anyone of them (or their own master, only one generation before) was directly involved.

On that passage, the events described in that tome already happened as that passage describes exactly the outcome of the first Keyblade War, where the world was destroyed and blanketed in darkness. That "power of the future" would then be another name for the few remnants of light that remained in the hearts of children that eventually averted (or rather ended) the "eternal darkness" that had befallen the world.

If I had to make a prediction there will come a time where the five foretellers turn against each other and the five factions start to wage war and Chirithy's warning to the player to not lose sight of the goal themselves amounts to the task to realize when the point comes that following the foretellers will no longer serve the goal but eventually lead into the very disaster the prophecy states.

For KH 3, I would assume that it hold importance in the way that it remains to see if Sora and all his friends and allies repeat the mistakes made back then as the world falling to the darkness (which practically IS future for the foretellers, Chirithy and all Chi-players) has already happend and thus cannot be averted anymore ("Time is immovable") or if they find a third/new option to either avert the whole issue altogether or prevent the outcome the first occurrence had.

Awards
Re: The Connection Between Kingdom Hearts 3 and x[chi]

I still say Master Xehanort is (or has some strong connection to) the sixth follower.
There's the whole Sigil of Baphomet on his Keyblade, tying in to the other Foreteller's animal sigil theme, as well as the eye symbol that each of their Keyblades possesses.

On top of that, I've always wondered what significance the name/word "Another" had to Xehanort. We see Xemnas type this password into the computer in Ansem's laboratory. As we all know, Another is anagram for Xehanort (excluding the X). When put into the context of the 5 Forteller's when 6 followers are mentioned, this enigmatic name, Another, starts to make sense.

Now, we have always seen these anagrams used as new names given to Nobodies. That, coupled with the "new" knowledge that Nobodies can grow hearts makes me wonder if Xehanort truly is the original incarnation. Perhaps he was this other follower's method of living forever.

Anywho, that's my brain's limit for now. I need sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back