• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Late last month, the first volume of the KINGDOM HEARTS II manga omnibus came out for North America which bundled together volumes 1-2 and the first half of volume 3 for fans to enjoy after Tokyopop dropped the series in 2008. This month the second KINGDOM HEARTS II omnibus will be released which contains the rest of volume 3 up to volume 5, all which have never seen a release in North America before!

After you spend your hard-earned money on Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- which releases next month, you may also want to think about picking up Shiro Amano's The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts which contains over 100 pages of artwork done by the acclaimed manga artist coming out on October 29th!

Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts is filled with sketches, colored illustrations, concept designs for the manga, and more, so it is sure to be a great addition to any Kingdom Hearts collection!

Don't forget to pre-order the first issues of the KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days manga and let Yen Press know you want to see the novels translated!

Follow us on TwitterFacebook, and Tumblr for all of the latest news on KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- and KINGDOM HEARTS 3!

Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts
Price: $28 USD
Release Date: October 29th 2013

Explore the many worlds of Square-Enix's best-selling Kingdom Hearts series with Shiro Amano's The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts. The artist behind the manga adaptation of the video games that bring together the worlds of Disney and Final Fantasy reveals the artwork that goes into creating the games and the effort he puts into transforming the interactive gameplay of the game into a manga narrative. Featuring concept artwork, sketches, and more, The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts will take readers into the worlds they have only dreamed of!

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | RightStuf

Source: PREVIEWS World

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
YOU WILL BE MINE

I still haven't picked up the latest volumes of the manga but I'm preordering this as soon as possible.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
They chose the perfect wallpaper art to grace the cover, for sure! Will get this! MUST. HAVE. THIS!

Already asked for novel translation a couple months ago.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They chose the perfect wallpaper art to grace the cover, for sure! Will get this! MUST. HAVE. THIS!

Well this has been the cover for years, just now it is in english...but yes definitely!

Already asked for novel translation a couple months ago.

Doesn't hurt to remind them. Nothing better than continued interest~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, ok, I didn't know how old this was.

Yeah xD

Here is the original Japanese cover.

ciTYTWK.jpg

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I always thought that Riku looks kind of off whenever Shiro draws him. Not bad, just not right.
Everything else made is pretty freaking great

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I always thought that Riku looks kind of off whenever Shiro draws him. Not bad, just not right.
Everything else made is pretty freaking great

I think it is because he makes everybody else's eyes big and round and then here comes refined, more narrow-eyed Riku. Mostly to show that he's supposed to be more mature than everybody else.

Oh my god, now you have me thinking about how Amano will draw KH2!Riku once he finally makes it to TWTNW. It's going to be so surreal.

Kenzichi

I am SO SO EXCITED! 100 pages of pure beauty, yes! Also a reminder of the sale Rightstuf is having for YenPress products. The artbook is practically 10 DOLLARS OFF so I want as many people to take advantage of that as much as possible! Two more days left people!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
So excited we're getting this. I've come to adore Amano's art over the years. It's very simple yet effective and has heart~

I am SO SO EXCITED! 100 pages of pure beauty, yes! Also a reminder of the sale Rightstuf is having for YenPress products. The artbook is practically 10 DOLLARS OFF so I want as many people to take advantage of that as much as possible! Two more days left people!

Thanks for reminding me! I'll have to see if my friend can get me these further reduced at his comic shop. If not, I'm ordering like... 6 KH books tomorrow from Rightstuf. I'd be "saving" $36 plus shipping, which is free from my cart adding up to $70. At least I didn't break a bill from that 33% off. 8D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Awesome! I really like the Japanese cover so I'm glad we're getting the same one~

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm also glad it's the exact same. I already bought the Japanese one years ago so I won't be picking this one up, but since it looks like they are going with the same idea, that shouldn't be the actual cover, the Mickey head is a only a slip case to reveal the real cover which is:

Cover.jpg

(that isn't my image, it was just the nicest one I found). I personally like it a lot since it has Chip and Dale and the gummi ship on it too ^_^ Too bad it looks like that gummi ship is going down since IDK who's controlling it haha

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm also glad it's the exact same. I already bought the Japanese one years ago so I won't be picking this one up, but since it looks like they are going with the same idea, that shouldn't be the actual cover, the Mickey head is a only a slip case to reveal the real cover which is:

Cover.jpg

(that isn't my image, it was just the nicest one I found). I personally like it a lot since it has Chip and Dale and the gummi ship on it too ^_^ Too bad it looks like that gummi ship is going down since IDK who's controlling it haha

My warning about NOT picking this up is that PREVIEWSworld had a note that there were additional pages added. The price has also gone up $3, so there has been some kind of change done to this version. Will let you know when somebody actually responds to me in these emails/social network messages.

Gram

Banned
Awards
;A; I want...so bad...kh is gonna break me worse than I already am this year.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My warning about NOT picking this up is that PREVIEWSworld had a note that there were additional pages added. The price has also gone up $3, so there has been some kind of change done to this version. Will let you know when somebody actually responds to me in these emails/social network messages.

Oooohh, that is very interesting o_O I'd not worth me rebuying the book for a few pages but anyone who does not have it should DEFINITELY wait ;)

;A; I want...so bad...kh is gonna break me worse than I already am this year.

lol Is this a bad time to make everyone remember that there are MORE KH Play Arts figures coming out later this year and a Dusk plush haha xD I have to say, this year has been quite the steady flow of KH merch once again in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back