• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III at the Future of Final Fantasy event!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS III was featured at the Future of FINAL FANTASY event just now and our very own Sign was right there at the event, feeding us information.

After tons of FINAL FANTASY announcements, the CEO of Disney Interactive John Pleasants came on stage with new Square Enix CEO Matsuda to discuss KH3. They announced that in this game, Sora will finally be more mature, with Donald, Goofy and Mickey being featured along with new Disney worlds. It was also made clear that the Osaka team, responsible for Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance, is developing the game.

Following this, they announced that KH3 will also be arriving on the Xbox One, alongside the PS4. There will apparently be no plans to make other KINGDOM HEARTS titles available for Xbox platforms, meaning that the HD collections will most likely stay PS3 exclusive.

Producer Shinji Hashimoto was next up on stage and wanted to clarify matters with PS4 fans, adding that this is the first time they've revealed a game for multiplatform, rather than later announcing it. "Please understand" he added. Asked about a potential Wii U port and Pixar worlds, he couldn't comment anything about that.

Finally we got story details for KH3, confirming that it will be all about the clash between Master Xehanort and the guardians of light: "Believing light and darkness must remain in balance, Master Xehanort seeks to spark war against the tyranny of light to restore equilibrium. In an effort to undermine Xehanort's plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the Key to Return Hearts, while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders. KINGDOM HEARTS III features a mature Sora as the main protagonist who sets forth on an adventure with Mickey, Donald and Goofy through new and legendary Disney worlds. KINGDOM HEARTS III will make full use of next generation console technologies to showcase a stunning universe packed full of worlds based on Disney properties."

Keyslinger

The good thing is that if it's for Xbox One it will open the franchise to new audiences and get more sequels.

Phantom Knight

I'm disgusted to see these games on the XBox One. That horrible system doesn't deserve them. I could maybe excuse Final Fantasy XV, but Kingdom Hearts has been on the last three Nintendo handhelds, so I thought it would be fair to finally let the series transition to Nintendo's home console. Even ignoring the GamePad, Square Enix could just opt to go with the Pro Controller.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
FUCK hoping for it to be exclusive. Why is it for that shitty box one? Kingdom Hearts is PlaystatioN!!!

Xagzan

Awards
How do you make Donald and Goofy more "mature?"

His name's Goofy.

Alpha Sonix

Doesn't matter if it's multiplat or not, the damage has already been done. More people are going to buy the PS4 versions anyway.
Also, I could hardly care tbh, at least both of them are finally coming out.

moonstar_xo

I really don't see the point in putting it on the Xbox One as well? Like, if KH fans want to play this but can only buy one system, they're obviously going to buy the one that's cheaper, which in this case would be the PS4. I guess they're trying to expand their market or something *shrug*

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well that sure was a short event O_O I have to say I'm overwhelmingly disappointed, not by SE, but by the people who attended. Barely anyone asked anything about KH3 which I'm quite shocked at. I'm not mad at them since FFXV is also a great game, just kind of disappointed that more questions could have been asked.

The last question was whether or not KH or FF would be making their appearance on the Wii U and the question got messed up in translation and Hashimoto responded with something different.

Keyslinger

Remember Chain Of Memories original came out for the GBA, 358/2 Days ,Re coded for DS, and Dream Drop Distance for 3DS KH was never truly exclusive to Sony and the Playstation.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Gonna be on wiiU, I'm calling it now. REMEMBER THIS POST.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I SO called the Osaka Team being the team working on it! SO called it! :D

As for the XBOX ONE... Well, for KH3 that doesn't really bug me because the game only just started developing and it doesn't really hurt them at all. But if this is true about FFXV... and MICROSOFT is the reason that the game got delayed so much... oooooooooh boy, Microsoft shall be known as the scum of the earth for all eternity (well, in my eyes at least)

Seriously, if MICROSOFT is the reason for FFXV's delay... ooooh boy. I don't know what I'll do. I'll probably just scream and yell and punch something like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum. Not threatening at all, though, but I'll be PISSED!

But anyway......... OSAKA TEAM!!! :D
Yaaaaay! I really am glad though because at this point, the Osaka Team IS the Kingdom Hearts Team! But I just have to say... I REALLY hope the final game uses the Command Deck. I REALLY, REALLY hope they're not seriously reverting back to the command bar from KH1/KH2.

Remember Chain Of Memories original came out for the GBA, 358/2 Days ,Re coded for DS, and Dream Drop Distance for 3DS KH was never truly exclusive to Sony and the Playstation.

No, but KH has always been an exclusive for something.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I don't think people would have been as shocked if it were on Wii U since you're right, it was never exclusive it PS (though all the main games so far have been with Sony: BbS, KH1, and KH2). The reason we're shocked is because it's Xbox. Even though KH isn't Sony-exclusive, it has NEVER been Xbox, so that was the shocking part ^_^

Gonna be on wiiU, I'm calling it now. REMEMBER THIS POST.

I'd honestly be okay with that, not because I'd buy it (though I'm curious if it would have any exclusive stuff with the touch screen, I doubt it. Probably just a map or Jiminy's Journal always open.

I'm still sticking with the PS4 because no doubt that will look the best, probably be supported the best (with DLC I mean...we knows it's going to happen), and if the game has online (PLEASE!) I'm expecting it to be the best :)

Keyslinger

I hope more info will be released in the coming months. If its in development that means Nomura must be nearly done with FF XV.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
diddly me,I swear to god if I see any,ANY exclusive XBONE content whether it is costumes,minigames or even additional story content (god forbid) I....I WILL.......buy both versions

Really,the reason I hate Microsoft is that they buy their way into everything,I just don't see them as a respectable company,they're just so greedy and not even trying to hide it. I've taken this evil,greedy,scum of the earth image of them that I can never forget.

and that is why I didn't want a KH game on their console.
But to hell with all that,at least we're getting the game

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hmmm... I can't say I'm surprised that the Osaka team is making the game, and boy am I glad for it, as we'll get it that much sooner (and they've done a great job thus far). Still... that's gotta suck for the original team. I feel quite bad for them, tbh. Maybe they can help out when XV's all said and done? Sorry, guys. -pats them on the back for all their various hard work-

And I can't believe that III will be for an XBox system! Wow. I literally never thought I'd see the day. I wonder if the same's happening for XV... probably not. Anyway, I'm excited about this! I've never had an XBox console myself, but I can bet a lot of fans who do are rightly happy. Good work, Square. Everyone who has waited for KHIII deserves to have it if they can. So great job keeping everyone happy:)

Also... I have to wonder just what the heck they mean about a more mature Sora. Is he a Master? Is he older? Is he more serious now? Is it a mix of these? As if I didn't have enough reason to be excited, but now I want to know what their plans are for my dear Sora!

And yay for the main trio being confirmed! Granted they were in the trailer, but for all we knew, that could have just been placeholder images or something. There was also the possibility of having parties with Riku and Kairi at times (something that still might happen), but it's good to know our iconic trinity will be there for the majority of it. That's the only way KHIII could go down, in my opinion. And I missed these guys! Those three have such a great dynamic and have been through so much together! I missed the humor and the Disney. And I was getting somewhat lonely before! No more awkward, lonely monologues for the characters now, though! :D

Am I the only one that laughed at them mentioning having new Disney worlds? Don't get me wrong! I don't mean it in a bad way, but that's what KH (especially the main titles!) are all about. It kind of goes without saying that that would happen for KHIII. Unless that's a subtle hint at new types of worlds, like Pixar or something.

Also, if some lovely person can zoom in on that image of SDG, and post it here for all the world to admire, I'd love you for life:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back