• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- the top seller in Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

As the first week of sales close, it comes as no surprise to anyone that the official units of Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- sold in the first week would be released online.

According to FamitsuKingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is the top seller in Japan, having sold 131,940 units in one week. Meanwhile, thanks to Aibo, we have learned that sales were recorded to be a little lower by 4Gamer at 128, 414 units in the first week of sales, coming 2nd behind Sword Online: Infinity Moment. This can only mean that the HD remaster is off to a great start in Japan!

What do you all make of this? Do you believe that the English version will also be a success, once it releases this fall? Discuss it right here on our forums.

Source: Aibo4GamerFamitsu

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- sells over 128,000 copies!

Well, I guess I was secretly hoping for 150K, but 128 is absolutely fine with me.
Okay, I woke up for this. Now I go back to sleep.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- sells over 128,000 copies!

Is that good? How does it fair to other games or other remasters?

UPDATE

I guess it's very good. It did better than the first God of War Collection did in the states during its first week and that must be the best selling collection out there. And that's from Japan, usually the game sells better in the US.
Very happy to hear that!

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think overall that KH1.5 HD Remix will do well here. As much as a lot of the idiots are going around once again calling this filler for KH3 and that they're "tired of all the collections" (this is the first HD collection and you're telling me you're already "tired of them"), I know a lot of people who would get it simply because they do not have a PS2 anymore to play KH1. And of course the chance to finally play Final Mix is great incentive too, so I think it will probably do better in the English versions. If not for the Final Mix content alone.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm really happy about this. The Kingdom Hearts brand is clearly still strong and I really hope that more people will now seize the opportunity and get into the games!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only remastered game/collection that has sold higher than Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX first week to date is Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version and considering how obsessed Japan is with MH, this is definitely amazing. After KH HD it was the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection. If we're seeing these kinds of numbers, imagine what they might be in North America where the population is higher.

Disney Channel 365 Games should do a thing on Kingdom Hearts. They did one on that god-awful Brave game and I am sure they did one for Epic Mickey 2. They really need to do one for 1.5 so the young kids and teenyboppers can get into it. And I know it is just a collection and they probably don't have a big marketing budget but it'd be nice if Disney fronted the bill for commercials played on their television channels, the Hub, CN, Nick, and whatever else channel exists out there where kids and teenyboppers watch religiously.

(Also, diddlying SAO! Damn you Kirito, Asuna you've charmed Japan...)

Okay, I'm also sure this will sell a lot more in NA/EU than in Japan. The main factor being that Japan got KHFM already, so this is more of an incentive for NA/EU fans who never got the Japan-only edition. Now for people to understand that...

Last edited:

Kevin Perez

Could it be? Kingdom Hearts, as of now, has been officially resurrected! It's come back, baby! And to the haters, well they can suck it a long with a KHIII. We need not to listen to anymore infantile cries of "Wa! Where's my KHIII!!!1" or "Wa! Spin-off games1!" because the experience of playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and the probable Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix triumph over the possibility of a third game! F*CK YEAH!

Hold on for bit longer, Australia, EU, and USA, as y'all eventually be graced by the majestic Kingdom Hearts!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
As much as I hate to say it; Pewdiepie is probably going to sell quite a few copies of this game in the US.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
1. Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (PSP) – 138,180 (New)
2. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3) – 128,414 (New)
5. Soul Sacrifice (PSV) – 29,121 (2)
6. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (PS3) – 26,248 (1)
7. Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3) – 22,122 (6)
8. God of War: Ascension (PS3) – 19,744 (New)
11. Far Cry 3 (PS3) – 14,772 (7)
12. Darkstalkers Resurrection (PS3) – 11,591 (New)
15. Tales of Hearts R (PSV) – 8,409 (5)
17. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) – 7,544 (12)
18. Winning Post 7 2013 (PS3) – 7,143 (New)
20. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei (PSV) – 6,902 (13)

Did KH 1.5 sell 108.670 more copies than God of War Ascension? Did this really happen??! :eek:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully 1.5 can pull similar numbers here.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards

Oh, you know it will.. Kingdom Hearts is the best thing that ever happened on this Planet Earth!! :D

(How did you change that Premium Member to Eva Pilot?? I'm curious)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh, you know it will.. Kingdom Hearts is the best thing that ever happened on this Planet Earth!! :D

(How did you change that Premium Member to Eva Pilot?? I'm curious)
Go to Settings, Edit Profile, then type in your Custom User Title.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Considering the US has a population much larger than Japan, it will no doubt exceed those numbers. I mean, for those people who hate KH, I think the idea of for $40 on top of the remastered everything, FM content, and Days cutscenes should entice enough people. Now we just need a good marketing campaign to get those last few people who don't know about it knowledgeable of the game.

Kevin Perez

Yes, please, Disney/Square Enix in North America, PLEASE for the love of God market and advertise the game accordingly. I don't ever recall seeing any commercials for Days, BBS, and DDD, coded yes, but it still seems they've been in decline since KHII. they pale in comparison to the advertising and commercials that went into GBA CoM and the original Kingdom Hearts.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I've seen commercials for all of them on tv here, actually. And it seems only blockbuster new games get much advertising in the us, like GameStop ads and whatnot.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
YES! SAO was first! not to say i am pleased to see kingdom hearts in second but i loved the anime to the point when I finished it i went into that deep state of depression for 3 days because you don't know what to do with yourself. Lovers of anime know that feeling after finish an awesome series.

128k copies huh, that's great so pleased that had such a major impact. Hopefully it can do the same in NA/Eu/Aus because a lot of IRL friends i talked to didn't know that they were releasing a H.D collection. I'm sure the popularity will grow more towards spring (autumn for north hemisphere).

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
As much as I hate to say it; Pewdiepie is probably going to sell quite a few copies of this game in the US.

I cried a cry of complete and utter sorrow after hearing that he started doing a Let's Play of KH1...

Disney Channel 365 Games should do a thing on Kingdom Hearts. They did one on that god-awful Brave game and I am sure they did one for Epic Mickey 2.

Silly Spockanort... Disney stopped caring after Kingdom Hearts 2. Shoot, Adult Swim marketed the later Kingdom Hearts games more than Disney ever did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back