• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New 358/2 Days Screenshots From KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX! (updated!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Good morning, all! You're just in time for the latest batch of screenshots from Famitsu! Going alongside the update we received 2 days ago, Famitsu posted an article with 6 screenshots from the KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days Theater Mode portion of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX. Check them out below:

You can view all screenshots from the upcoming HD remaster here in our HD 1.5 ReMIX gallery.

Thanks to Goldpanner, we now have translations!

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Video Volume Included in Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Around 3 Hours in Length!

Today we are singling out one of the three works included in the Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- compilation,Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: the heart-wrenching story of Roxas, intimately connected to series' protagonist Sora, and his friends reworked in HD quality! 
(2013-01-25)

The heart-wrenching story of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days now in HD!

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- (hereon KH 1.5), a compilation of three titles from the series remastered in HD. One such included title is the story of KH 358/2 Days (Three-Five-Eight Over Two), originally released on the Nintendo DS, put into a work of video of around two hours and fifty minutes. Today we will announce the points of difference from the original version and some of the scenes! At the end we also have a development staff comment and a mini interview to report.

Changes from the Original Version of 358/2 Days

~Cutscenes from the original now in high resolution
~Voicing recorded and HD quality videos created for originally non-voiced scenes
~Able to enjoy specific scenes (days) through chapter select function
~"Roxas' Diary" available from the beginning, "Secret Reports" all available after viewing video
~Additional "Character Index" in which you are able to view detailed descriptions of characters
~Obtain a custom PS3 theme after viewing all content
~Trophy support (acquired through viewing content)

Development Staff Comment and Mini Interview!

We are happy to report an interview with KH 358/2 Days Cutscene Director Masaru Oka and a comment from the man behind the sound effects, electric guitar and more, Sound Designer Yuki Hirose! 

Interview With KH 358/2 Days Cutscene Director Masaru Oka

--What sort of work did you cover for the HD remake?

Oka: As Days was only included in theatre, in order to convey the main story with just video, we selected and recreated around 100 scenes from the original. The production environment for the recreated cutscenes was very different to that of the existing cutscenes, but we adjusted the graphics as much as we could in order for them to not feel out of place in the sequence of videos.

--What would you especially like players to see?

Oka: I believe that together with the rich facial expressions, the addition of voicing to the new cutscenes in this title will have you sensing subtle expressions of emotion that would have been difficult to convey through only text. Perhaps even old scenes can give you fresh surprises, such as what sort of emotion was meant by a '...' line. In this title's theatre, several scenes are sequenced into one chapter, and to match this the BGM was also configured to chapter units. There are also scenes with different BGM set-up to the previous one. I would love for you to enjoy the theatre-only presentation of this title. Also, the scenes that had been presented as different videos on two screens have not lost one half of the video, they have been edited to be complete on one screen. Please see for yourself in the title how we have united them. There are about two hours and fifty minutes in total in the theatre. If you are going to watch it all from the beginning, you should sit back and enjoy it to your heart's content.

--In addition, could you please tell us of any incidents that left a profound impression on you?

Oka: To help with this HD remake, I re-watched cutscenes from past productions KH1Re:Chain of Memoriesand Days. It awoke memories from the time I'd worked on them, and work ended up feeling quite nostalgic. I mean, KH1 was ten years ago! I did not imagine that I would participate in the KH series so often and for so long. It's been ten years since then. I'd like to go on making Kingdom Hearts titles for all of you to love for the next ten years and on into the future.

Comment from Sound Designer Yuki Hirose 

As this is the first title of the series on the Playstation 3, we gave 5.1ch surround sound support to the real-time sections of KH1 and KH Re:Chain of Memories. Also, for Days, we recorded voicing to accompany the story cutscenes added huge-scale. Your heart should squeeze at Xion's cuteness. On the music front, under the supervision of Yoko Shimomura, we rearranged all sorts of tracks with replaced live instruments. Please look forward to the sound born anew. Lastly... to all you good kids, don't go eating ice cream in such high places, okay (laughs).

For details check Weekly Famitsu, 7th Feb 2013 Issue (On Sale 24th Jan 2013)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Looks like we're getting a scene whit Xigbar in Agrabah. Does anyone know what he's saying?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Looks like we're getting a scene whit Xigbar in Agrabah. Does anyone know what he's saying?

Looks like Xigbar's explaining that hearts go to Kingdom Hearts after Heartless are destroyed.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Yeah, it's shortly after the Castle Oblivion incident, and Roxas thinks Axel's gone. He asks Xigbar what happens when Nobodies die, and Xigbar explains that while Heartless' hearts will just return to Kingdom Hearts, Nobodies are gone forever, because they don't have anything to leave behind. (Xigbar's being a jerk basically xD). We know from DDD though that that's not entirely true. ;)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yes, finally some new scenes! The clock tower ones are cute and all, but I'm happy to see something fresh.

Thanks Sign. :3

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Looks nice. I can't wait and I'm happy they made this into a movie format a 3 hour long movie

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
New Namine model~
imo her eyes look purplish now, I suppose to look more like Kairi. Or it's just the lighting? (・・?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I would like at least one mission with every organization member, but I feel like that won't happen because they won't want to bring in all of those voice actors for such a small scene :(

iLeen

Awards
Ooh, so pretty and clean.

I would like at least one mission with every organization member, but I feel like that won't happen because they won't want to bring in all of those voice actors for such a small scene :(

Missions with the Org. members would've been a great bonus! But I'll be satisfied with just watching the cutscenes:3

Perhaps it's just me then but I see a bit of purple hue around the rim.

Nope. I'm seeing a tinge of purple too.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Oh, come on, more news?! :D This has to be my good day!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh, come on, more news?! :D This has to be my good day!

It's an excellent week for the Kingdom Hearts community! Nothing but KHHD news and new merchandise~

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Finally, a scene with a Disney world. Ah, shall be grand watching these.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
04.jpg

Get ready for some Agrabah!

[video=youtube;ql1HIrsxoTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql1HIrsxoTA[/video]

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
He's probably saying the same thing he said in Days when Roxas was teamed up with him to go to Agrabah, mainly about solving why the town is covered in sand and the people annihilated at Castle Oblivion.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
He's probably saying the same thing he said in Days when Roxas was teamed up with him to go to Agrabah, mainly about solving why the town is covered in sand and the people annihilated at Castle Oblivion.

That screenshot is of a scene from Days. Of course he's saying the same thing he said in that game xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back